Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Anniversary Draws Near

+17
T4two
chrissie
AnnaEsse
cass
matthew
interested
Bobsy
comperedna
margaret
pamalam
pennylane
almostgothic
MaryB
mossman
Lillyofthevalley
Lioned
fred
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Anniversary Draws Near - Page 2 Empty Re: The Anniversary Draws Near

Post  matthew Wed 24 Apr - 21:09

How about a credible sighting in a lawless village in the Algarve & Kate & Gery are required to take the next flight to identify...but are met on the runway by Helena Monteiro...

The Anniversary Draws Near - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgSeMS9zI2Gd9lwi5LnrrniKlEVEHwcSmaIG5QlAxfAx0jE10miQ
The Anniversary Draws Near - Page 2 377521
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :
The Anniversary Draws Near - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Anniversary Draws Near - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Thu 25 Apr - 0:34

Bobsy wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:How's about getting those useless dogs to have a sniff around grandma H's garden?

That's where they held a 'vigil' pretty quick smart after billboard van returned.

Always thought that was weird!

In the garden.

"Vigil" not held in a church but in a back garden!

I never heard of this before Jeanmonroe, have you a link I can read more please?

Think even on a bbc early video.(probably whooshed)
Gonna have to trawl my files to find it. saved all sorts.
But deffo SH in her garden with candle (maybe in a jar)
The Mcs still in Portugal.
Going to search.
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :
The Anniversary Draws Near - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Anniversary Draws Near - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Thu 25 Apr - 8:47

jean i have followed the case from day 1 -- and i remember something -- but like so many things whooosh after all these years i sometimes think i did read this and im not going mad -- like broken furniture some remember some dont -- and teenager in pdl connected to the group
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Thu 25 Apr - 11:14

I don't remember about the vigil in the garden but the billboard has always seemed strange to me. I don't think even think it was in PDL for that long. Anyone else remember?
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 25 Apr - 11:16

chrissie wrote:I don't remember about the vigil in the garden but the billboard has always seemed strange to me. I don't think even think it was in PDL for that long. Anyone else remember?

I remember reading that it was going to be placed on various beaches in the PDL and wider areas, but then it got whooshed back to England. All that money and it only appeared for a few photo opportunities.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Thu 25 Apr - 11:29

AnnaEsse wrote:
chrissie wrote:I don't remember about the vigil in the garden but the billboard has always seemed strange to me. I don't think even think it was in PDL for that long. Anyone else remember?

I remember reading that it was going to be placed on various beaches in the PDL and wider areas, but then it got whooshed back to England. All that money and it only appeared for a few photo opportunities.

Thanks Anna, that's my recollection too. All seemed very strange.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Thu 25 Apr - 11:52

From TruthforMadeleine:

Last year in May 2007, Gerry McCann wrote in his blog on day 25;
“Some of you may have seen on the news the huge inflatable billboard which has travelled all the way from the West of Scotland to Portugal which will be used near busy roads/motorways to keep Madeleine’s disappearance high profile. We had a brief chat with Chris and Les, who drove almost non-stop from Glasgow to get here. The extraordinary length ordinary people are going to help us is truly overwhelming. We thank everyone for their efforts, no matter how small, and we know this will make a difference in our search for Madeleine.”
Sky News on May 28, 2007 wrote;
Also, the McCanns have met the men responsible for the 800sq-ft inflatable poster which will be taken around the Algarve and set up in prominent places.
It was the brainchild of advertising workers Chris Lennox and Les Harley from Glasgow – the home town of Madeleine’s father Gerry – who drove 2,200 miles from Scotland to help.
Mr Lennox, 35, from Prestwick said: “My heartstrings have been pulled on this and I want to help.
“I have a family with small kids and my wife has been following this from day one.”
The Guardian went further and said that Mr Lennox and Mr Harley paid for the venture;
Yesterday the McCann family visited a 75 sq metre (800 sq ft) inflatable poster of Madeleine that will be taken around the Algarve in an attempt to publicise her plight further. The poster, which highlights a £1.5m reward being offered through the News of the World, was paid for by Chris Lennox and Les Harley, two advertising professionals from Glasgow, who drove it 2,200 miles from Scotland to Praia da Luz.In a statement read out near the poster, the McCanns said they were amazed by the support they has received. “We have thanked everyone on several occasions but, you know, some people are just going to absolutely extraordinary lengths to help us,” the statement said.
McCann Spin
The story sounds like Chris and Les drove all the way to Portugal through their own efforts to help the McCanns. It really does sound like they went to extraordinary lengths to help.
But what really happened?
We can reveal on TRUTH For Madeleine that Chris and Les were simply doing their job. The inflatable billboard was not the brainchild of Mr Lennox or Mr Harley and the pair of them didn’t pay for it either.
So how did it come about?
No surprises for guessing but it was engineered by John McCann – Gerry’s brother.
Mr Amaral has already exposed the McCanns for manipulating the politicians and media and here again is a prime example of a story that was presented to the world in a completely different way to the reality of the situation.
Posters Plus Media
Gavin Hollywood, Managing Director of Posters Plus Media informed us of the details of the venture;
“I supported the McCanns with some digital advertising in the UK and was approached by Gerry’s brother John about the possiblity of helping with a high profile campaign at the height of the situation where time & awareness was essential. Within 5 days we had arranged the trip, logistics, printing and arranged staff to travel to Portugal (Chris & Les) with Carol-Anne Thomson our Campaigns Manager co-ordinating the campaign from our office and communicating with various authorities.

“The van, drivers and all equipment left from Posterplus Head Office in Kilmaurs Ayrshire. The trip took 3 full days travelling across the UK into France, Spain and finally Portugal. Various drivers change overs were made over the 3 days along with an overnight in France. Actual travel & campaign specific dates we would need to look back but it was May 07 and the full trip lasted 13 days in total.
“We used a standard transit van with lots of spare equipment in case of any difficulties in a foreign country, the set up & inflation for the Megasite is just over 1 hour.
“The billboard, Chris & Les the operators, travel, logistics, permits etc were all paid for and donated by Posterplus Media Group, the large printed poster with the reward details was kindly donated by Tayprint in Dundee. The News of The World was approached to use the copy details only of the reward and no funding or sponsors were involved in the trip, it was a donation & media facility offered by Gavin Hollywood Managing Director of Posterplus Media Group.
“The media cost for this type of campaign in the UK would have been £20,000+”
Unquote

Imo all part of John McCanns' part in the enterprise: announce he's giving up his job (although his current CV shows no gap in his employment) - announce that people are giving their time and equipment for free to help find Madeleine.
Very good psychology: cast your mind back to the Ethiopian famine. People were outdoing each other to donate.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 25 Apr - 12:04

BBC report on the billboard.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6698215.stm

A reminder of the hideous mannequin which appeared on the first anniversary!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-563743/Madeleine-One-year-Praia-da-Luz--prayers-collages-bizarre-mannequin-missing-girl.html

It wasn't as bad though as the awful blue eye shadow photo of Madeleine which the McCanns were later to deem fit for publishing!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Thu 25 Apr - 12:12

chrissie wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

Thanks Anna, that's my recollection too. All seemed very strange.

The inflateable billboard - was it just a lot of hot air or was there more to it than appeared at the first (and only) site?
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Thu 25 Apr - 12:19

The inflatable billboard is a mystery. Once deflated it could hide a multitude of sins. As for the huge poster which was supposed to be transported and displayed around the Algarve, well, I never saw it once.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Thu 25 Apr - 12:52

Last year in May 2007, Gerry McCann wrote in his blog on day 25;
“Some of you may have seen on the news the huge inflatable billboard which has travelled all the way from the West of Scotland to Portugal which will be used near busy roads/motorways to keep Madeleine’s disappearance high profile."

DISAPPEARANCE, Gerry?
Surely you meant to say,
ABDUCTION!, ABDUCTION!,ABDUCTION!

Even that early on in the case McCann couldn't bring himself to say the A word.
Because he KNEW it wasn't true?

I just checked all the T9 WOMEN (KM,RO,FP,DW) statements and in every single one, that we know of, not one of the WOMEN say the 'A' word.
The words ABDUCTED or ABDUCTION are not recorded in any of the T9 women's statements.
NOT even in the statements they gave a year AFTER the event.
There is one use of 'abduction' in DW statement (rog) but that was in relation to a theory about missing people in the first 24 hours.

However, the MEN of the T9 can't say the 'A' words enough in THEIR statements!

HOW WEIRD IS THAT!

"We have played no part in the disappearance of our lovely daughter Madeleine,"
Gerry McCann at airport.

PLAYED? It's not a game Gerry,............... or is it?

Absolute, avoidance of using the word 'abduction'

Check out the 'evidence' they gave, under OATH, at Leveson.
THEY, the McCanns do not say abducted or abduction, at all in relation to Madeleine!

Of course, since then he HAS said 'abduction' because he realised that people were onto him with his continued use of 'missing, vanished,disappeared' in relation to Madeleine.

No one is going to 'donate' to a fund for a 'vanished' girl are they?

EXTREMELY ODD THE MEN SAYING 'ABDUCTION', at every opportunity, in their statements, but all the WOMEN STEADFASTLY refusing to use THAT word in their statements!

Last edited by jeanmonroe on Thu 25 Apr - 13:12; edited 2 times in total
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Thu 25 Apr - 13:06

Keela wrote:The inflatable billboard is a mystery. Once deflated it could hide a multitude of sins. As for the huge poster which was supposed to be transported and displayed around the Algarve, well, I never saw it once.

From above:

“The van, drivers and all equipment left from Posterplus Head Office in Kilmaurs Ayrshire. "

Presumably they went back there. 13 days in all on the road with the billboard. PdL was full of journalists, other places weren't. So whenever they'd set up - doing the job they were paid for - would not likely have had many journalists. I have seen a picture of the poster blown up, that was near PdL. That was it, the billboard /blow up poster. There was only one poster - the inflatable one.
I expect they set it up on a couple more venues and then trundled back to the UK. Head Office, Kilmaurs - which is nowhere near Liverpool. As for the suggestion of transporting a body - you'd not even need a dog for the customs to work that out.

The Anniversary Draws Near - Page 2 May-2810

Last edited by tigger on Thu 25 Apr - 17:56; edited 1 time in total
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 25 Apr - 15:12

Kilmaurs is not very far from where I live. It's a godforsaken village with nothing in it but ponies, coos and sheep. I bet that the "head office" is a farm outbuilding or something! The Anniversary Draws Near - Page 2 294124

ETA I just looked up the Company details, it seems to have been dissolved in 2008. Their registered office was in Glencairn Terrace, but iirc that's in a pretty rough council housing estate right on the edge of the village! The Anniversary Draws Near - Page 2 847843
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 25 Apr - 16:50

It seems to be up and running - maybe the name has changed slightly.

http://www.posterplus.co.uk/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 25 Apr - 17:06

Not Born Yesterday wrote:It seems to be up and running - maybe the name has changed slightly.

http://www.posterplus.co.uk/

How interesting. Another dodgy company linked to the McCanns.

https://www.duedil.com/company/SC261540/posterplus-developments-limited

Posterplus Developments Limited dissolved in 2008. Posterplus Media Group (not Limited) now operating from the same premises, with the same assets, same staff and same website. They must have been taking lessons from Brian Kennedy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 25 Apr - 17:21

I don't think the McCanns and Mitchell would have the audacity to dream up another sighting when every one the have produced has proved laughable.
I was hoping the Portugese Court would have given a date for the Trial by now since both sides could not reach agreement on an out of court settlement.
If the Trial had taken place and Amaral won the McCanns would emigrate and never be heard of again .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2