Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"The money of Maddie" -The Steeple Times 28/04/13

+4
Lillyofthevalley
wjk
dazedandconfused
frencheuropean
8 posters

Go down

"The money of Maddie" -The Steeple Times 28/04/13 Empty "The money of Maddie" -The Steeple Times 28/04/13

Post  frencheuropean Mon 29 Apr - 8:15

Thanks to Badger5014 ( TMCF) for the link:

http://thesteepletimes.com/today/the-money-of-maddie/

Comments open

frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :
"The money of Maddie" -The Steeple Times 28/04/13 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100"The money of Maddie" -The Steeple Times 28/04/13 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

"The money of Maddie" -The Steeple Times 28/04/13 Empty Re: "The money of Maddie" -The Steeple Times 28/04/13

Post  frencheuropean Mon 29 Apr - 12:13

frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :
"The money of Maddie" -The Steeple Times 28/04/13 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100"The money of Maddie" -The Steeple Times 28/04/13 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

"The money of Maddie" -The Steeple Times 28/04/13 Empty Re: "The money of Maddie" -The Steeple Times 28/04/13

Post  dazedandconfused Mon 29 Apr - 14:02

Thanks frencheuropean. Not a bit like I'd pictured him to be.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Mon 29 Apr - 17:24

Wasn't he/isn't he a member here?
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Mon 29 Apr - 17:28

wjk wrote:Wasn't he/isn't he a member here?

Yes.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Mon 29 Apr - 17:30

Thanks d&c.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 30 Apr - 10:17

frencheuropean wrote:

Comments open

Excellent, timely article! Well done Matthew "The money of Maddie" -The Steeple Times 28/04/13 307691
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 30 Apr - 11:40

pennylane wrote:
frencheuropean wrote:

Comments open

Excellent, timely article! Well done Matthew "The money of Maddie" -The Steeple Times 28/04/13 307691

I agree pennylane and have just made a comment, I hope Cameron, who fell for the Brooks/McCann begging letter does something about this and MP's
ask questions .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 30 Apr - 12:49

Panda wrote:
pennylane wrote:
frencheuropean wrote:

Comments open

I agree pennylane and have just made a comment, I hope Cameron, who fell for the Brooks/McCann begging letter does something about this and MP's
ask questions .

Hi Panda,

Just as Matthew succinctly points out... no other newspaper has reported on The Money of Maddie, but instead we are fed the usual yawn inducing McCann propaganda... and there's more to come from the horses' mouths, as apparently the gruesome twosome are going to be on Lorraine's yet again tomorrow. The three of them, side by side, all at once...... "The money of Maddie" -The Steeple Times 28/04/13 Bad
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 30 Apr - 13:20

pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:
pennylane wrote:
frencheuropean wrote:

Comments open

ask questions .

Hi Panda,

Just as Matthew succinctly points out... no other newspaper has reported on The Money of Maddie, but instead we are fed the usual yawn inducing McCann propaganda... and there's more to come from the horses' mouths, as apparently the gruesome twosome are going to be on Lorraine's yet again tomorrow. The three of them, side by side, all at once...... "The money of Maddie" -The Steeple Times 28/04/13 Bad
That figures pennylane, it's the 6th Anniversary !!!! Maybe Kate will tell us about the Book which was apparently due out in April.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 30 Apr - 13:49

Panda wrote:
pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:
pennylane wrote:
frencheuropean wrote:

Comments open

ask questions .

Hi Panda,

That figures pennylane, it's the 6th Anniversary !!!! Maybe Kate will tell us about the Book which was apparently due out in April.

Oh please, not another pile of self-serving fiction! "The money of Maddie" -The Steeple Times 28/04/13 234512
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 30 Apr - 14:41

Pennylane,

Kate did say this book would be like kind of endgame......like they know they have conned the public as much as they can to donate or buy, if SY had found any evidence to suggest the McCanns were involved do they expect us to beleive it is top secret??? I really hope the Press, who have more sway than us mere mortals will insist on an open Report.
One thing bothers me ......a few weeks ago I enquired of SY whether they had been to see Halligen in jail regarding the £300,000 the Fund supposedly paid him. I received the usual "we cannot comment " but 10 days later Halligen was extradited to the U.S. after languishing in a U.K. Jail for 2 years!!!!!!
I find that very supicious and it doesn't augur well for an unbiased Report.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 30 Apr - 15:17

Panda wrote:Pennylane,

Kate did say this book would be like kind of endgame......like they know they have conned the public as much as they can to donate or buy, if SY had found any evidence to suggest the McCanns were involved do they expect us to beleive it is top secret??? I really hope the Press, who have more sway than us mere mortals will insist on an open Report.
One thing bothers me ......a few weeks ago I enquired of SY whether they had been to see Halligen in jail regarding the £300,000 the Fund supposedly paid him. I received the usual "we cannot comment " but 10 days later Halligen was extradited to the U.S. after languishing in a U.K. Jail for 2 years!!!!!!
I find that very supicious and it doesn't augur well for an unbiased Report.

Deception and lies abound with this case, and the public have been royally conned. The two of 'em sailing off into the sunset with a hoard of ill-gotten gains... that's certainly some endgame!

Well done for phoning SY, Panda. Unbelievable that Halligen has languished in a UK jail for 2 years. The whole thing stinks anyway, and nothing surprising me.

I'm still hoping for something out of left field to blow the lid off this case, otherwise I fear the gruesome twosome are home free. However, I don't think they will ever feel truly secure...
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 30 Apr - 15:29

I also find it very odd that a Trial Date hasn't been fixed for the McAnn/ Amaral case, it is a few months since an out of Court settlement could not be reached and well over a year since the McCanns sued. You would think the Portugese would be only to happy to set an early date and have at long last no more to do with the McCanns because if they do not want the case re-opened, close it, end of story.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 30 Apr - 17:03

Panda wrote:I also find it very odd that a Trial Date hasn't been fixed for the McAnn/ Amaral case, it is a few months since an out of Court settlement could not be reached and well over a year since the McCanns sued. You would think the Portugese would be only to happy to set an early date and have at long last no more to do with the McCanns because if they do not want the case re-opened, close it, end of story.

Panda, I don't believe the case can be closed in Portugal without a solution. Doesn't it remain 'shelved' indefinitely... pending a solution?

The Operation Grange Review outcome re the phantom abductor, will certainly tell us a great deal about the integrity of the Met. Then we will have to wait and see what repercussions bounce off it in Portugal. Regarding the Trial, I believe Goncalo Amaral is in the driving seat to some extent, and he obviously knows his way around the legal process. I feel fairly certain the outcome will be a positive one for him.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 30 Apr - 17:20

pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:I also find it very odd that a Trial Date hasn't been fixed for the McAnn/ Amaral case, it is a few months since an out of Court settlement could not be reached and well over a year since the McCanns sued. You would think the Portugese would be only to happy to set an early date and have at long last no more to do with the McCanns because if they do not want the case re-opened, close it, end of story.

Panda, I don't believe the case can be closed in Portugal without a solution. Doesn't it remain 'shelved' indefinitely... pending a solution?

The Operation Grange Review outcome re the phantom abductor, will certainly tell us a great deal about the integrity of the Met. Then we will have to wait and see what repercussions bounce off it in Portugal. Regarding the Trial, I believe Goncalo Amaral is in the driving seat to some extent, and he obviously knows his way around the legal process. I feel fairly certain the outcome will be a positive one for him.
I think it can be shelved for up to 25 yrs but if the Portugese wanted to they could close it on the grounds that every avenue has been explored and after 6 years there is no evidence that Madeleine was abducted and her whereabouts remain a mystery. An extensive operation was undertaken and various sightings around the World have proved fruitless although Madeleine's face has been shown around the World. They have said to SY in effect that there is no reason to re-open the case and to stop all the publicity and the McCanns interference, they will close it. If I was them I would be miffed that another Police Force came to my Country because they did not think we had done a good job in trying to find Madeleine , plus all the expenses incurred , over E1 million....
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 30 Apr - 18:49

Panda wrote:
pennylane wrote:

I think it can be shelved for up to 25 yrs but if the Portugese wanted to they could close it on the grounds that every avenue has been explored and after 6 years there is no evidence that Madeleine was abducted and her whereabouts remain a mystery. An extensive operation was undertaken and various sightings around the World have proved fruitless although Madeleine's face has been shown around the World. They have said to SY in effect that there is no reason to re-open the case and to stop all the publicity and the McCanns interference, they will close it. If I was them I would be miffed that another Police Force came to my Country because they did not think we had done a good job in trying to find Madeleine , plus all the expenses incurred , over E1 million....

Oh right, thanks for the information! The gruesome twosome scarpered back to the UK whilst under deep suspicion, and have never been eliminated, and have since made millions of pounds; and Dewani is still languishing here in the UK, after having his lovely bride brutally murdered. It's all so depressing!

I agree, the PJ have been bombarded with xenophobic remarks from the UK, and thoroughly bullied and disrespected, and we all know from whence it all came. It's the most basic of all PR strategies... to demonise the client's accusers.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Christina Tue 30 Apr - 20:02

I was wondering about the McCann vs Amaral case too. I re-read the Joana Morais article on it and it seems it'll be 6 months (from the date it should have run at the end of January) for an agreement to be made. After that, a date will be set regardless of agreement and the trial will run.

So it looks like July at the earliest, if I read it correctly.
Christina
Christina
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 56
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 30 Apr - 20:54

Christina wrote:I was wondering about the McCann vs Amaral case too. I re-read the Joana Morais article on it and it seems it'll be 6 months (from the date it should have run at the end of January) for an agreement to be made. After that, a date will be set regardless of agreement and the trial will run.

So it looks like July at the earliest, if I read it correctly.
Hi Christina, that's how I read it too at the time.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Tue 30 Apr - 20:58

That's if they don't settle "The money of Maddie" -The Steeple Times 28/04/13 29204 didn't the judge say to try and sort it, if not the case will be heard within 6months "The money of Maddie" -The Steeple Times 28/04/13 944533

I don't believe for one minute that Mr Amaral will settle with the McCann's, he has waited long time for his day in court with them "The money of Maddie" -The Steeple Times 28/04/13 302722
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Christina Tue 30 Apr - 21:07

Hi both!

Glad you think the same, wjk. It's not easy to fathom sometimes!

Lotv, I think time is proving that, and I agree. The closer we get to the end of the six months, the more I respect Dr Amaral (if that's possible!). As usual, the guilty are postponing the inevitable..
Christina
Christina
Rookie
Rookie

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 30 Apr - 21:08

Lillyofthevalley wrote:That's if they don't settle "The money of Maddie" -The Steeple Times 28/04/13 29204 didn't the judge say to try and sort it, if not the case will be heard within 6months "The money of Maddie" -The Steeple Times 28/04/13 944533

I don't believe for one minute that Mr Amaral will settle with the McCann's, he has waited long time for his day in court with them "The money of Maddie" -The Steeple Times 28/04/13 302722

I seem to remember that they were given 2 months to make a decision but thought the Trial would be weeks not months away. This case has already taken over a year to come to Court and since the parties did not agree, why the delay?. It was the McCanns who made the offer , could it have been delaying tactics hoping the Review would turn up something?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Christina Tue 30 Apr - 21:33

Hi Panda and all

I've gone back again to the TVMais, 24/01/13, article translated by Joana Morais and an excerpt from Querida Julia chat show. Hernani Carvalho is quoted from the show:

Hêrnani Carvalho (HC) - The McCanns, Madeleine's parents, as you know, sued Gonçalo Amaral for defamation. On the eve of the trial they asked for an extrajudicial meeting with the various defendants. As you know the defendants are the coordinating inspector Gonçalo Amaral, TVI, Valentim de Carvalho and Guerra & Paz. They asked for an extrajudicial meeting. I wrote about that this week on TVmais.

HC "So far... the beginning of this trial has been postponed about two or three times already. The fact that all parties have agreed [on the extrajudicial meeting requested by the McCanns] led the judge to agree with the suspension of the trial, so everything will start in six months time with either an extrajudicial solution or with the trial."

In the translation of the TVMais article written by Hernani Carvalho, the relevant parts are:

"In court, Madeleine McCann's parents demanded from Gonçalo Amaral (see box*) a compensation of 1,2 million euro for alleged defamation. Now it's them who propose an extrajudicial settlement. TVmais also learned the lawyers for the defendants have accepted a meeting to take place within the following 20 days.

As all parties have agreed, the start of the trial, scheduled for the 24th of this month at the 1st Civil Court of Lisbon, “has been suspended because the parties are trying to reach an agreement”, said a judicial source to Lusa News agency. All witnesses have already been notified of the suspension of the hearing.

Now follows a period of six months, after which, if there is no agreement, the hearing will be scheduled and the trial will start."

---------

From this it just seemed to me we'll hear in 6 months when they set the trial date, no matter what the outcome of the 'negotiations'. But I haven't looked or seen another source for the information, so I'm not 100% sure.
Christina
Christina
Rookie
Rookie

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Tue 30 Apr - 21:51

frencheuropean wrote:

Comments open

This poster makes a very good point:

Carolfarrell says:

April 29, 2013 at 9:52 am

The photographs of Madeleine McCann show her with a left hand parting. Have they not noticed the latest image of her has a parting on the right hand side? If not, why
?

The pic at the top of this page of Madeleine in an Everton jersey, released by the McCanns, shows that her hair parting is on the left yet the "age progression one (where she looks about 13) shows her parting on the right. I never noticed this before. Understandable for me not to have noticed but you'd imagine her mother would have. If she was serious about looking for her "missing" daughter, you would think that she would have said to the artist "No, Madeleine's hair parting is on the left, not the right" AFAIK, your hair parting doesn't change.
maebee
maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 467
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Thu 2 May - 10:58

Christina wrote:Hi Panda and all

I've gone back again to the TVMais, 24/01/13, article translated by Joana Morais and an excerpt from Querida Julia chat show. Hernani Carvalho is quoted from the show:

Hêrnani Carvalho (HC) - The McCanns, Madeleine's parents, as you know, sued Gonçalo Amaral for defamation. On the eve of the trial they asked for an extrajudicial meeting with the various defendants. As you know the defendants are the coordinating inspector Gonçalo Amaral, TVI, Valentim de Carvalho and Guerra & Paz. They asked for an extrajudicial meeting. I wrote about that this week on TVmais.

HC "So far... the beginning of this trial has been postponed about two or three times already. The fact that all parties have agreed [on the extrajudicial meeting requested by the McCanns] led the judge to agree with the suspension of the trial, so everything will start in six months time with either an extrajudicial solution or with the trial."

In the translation of the TVMais article written by Hernani Carvalho, the relevant parts are:

"In court, Madeleine McCann's parents demanded from Gonçalo Amaral (see box*) a compensation of 1,2 million euro for alleged defamation. Now it's them who propose an extrajudicial settlement. TVmais also learned the lawyers for the defendants have accepted a meeting to take place within the following 20 days.

As all parties have agreed, the start of the trial, scheduled for the 24th of this month at the 1st Civil Court of Lisbon, “has been suspended because the parties are trying to reach an agreement”, said a judicial source to Lusa News agency. All witnesses have already been notified of the suspension of the hearing.

Now follows a period of six months, after which, if there is no agreement, the hearing will be scheduled and the trial will start."

---------

From this it just seemed to me we'll hear in 6 months when they set the trial date, no matter what the outcome of the 'negotiations'. But I haven't looked or seen another source for the information, so I'm not 100% sure.

Excellent find, thank you Christina, and a huge thank you to Joana Morais for translating the article xx "The money of Maddie" -The Steeple Times 28/04/13 Icon_flower

Very interesting indeed and brings us bang up-to-date, including confirmation that the gruesome twosome initiated this extra judicial/out of court (climb down) settlement. OMG, after the enormous devastation they've sown. What an odious pair they are!

God bless you Goncalo Amaral, I pray you have a very successful outcome, and that you and your family can continue your lives in peace and harmony very soon. "The money of Maddie" -The Steeple Times 28/04/13 83453
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down