Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun - Madeleine's room - same as six years ago

+26
malena stool
Keela
jeanmonroe
kitti
Justiceforallkids
dazedandconfused
Bobsy
wjk
snowflake
Claudia79
Lillyofthevalley
Panda
tanszi
Loopdaloop
fred
susible
interested
blossom45
matthew
weissnicht
pennylane
Lioned
chrissie
margaret
frencheuropean
Karen
30 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Sun - Madeleine's room - same as six years ago - Page 5 Empty Re: The Sun - Madeleine's room - same as six years ago

Post  kitti Mon 13 May - 10:44

There saving that for the next anniversary .......

They plan ahead didn't you know.

I'm quite sure I heard Mitchell say they either welcome the archiving off the case or the removing off arquido status so they can employ their own detectives.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
The Sun - Madeleine's room - same as six years ago - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Sun - Madeleine's room - same as six years ago - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

The Sun - Madeleine's room - same as six years ago - Page 5 Empty Re: The Sun - Madeleine's room - same as six years ago

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 13 May - 11:01

Not Born Yesterday wrote:I wasn't sure what dear old Snowflake was trying to say. If you don't know whether something is true or not, it can be ignored - I think?

I certainly do my best to find out if something I've heard is true - if it involves people I know personally, it will be easier to establish the facts than with those I don't.

As regards Madeleine's room, I know it's been said before but it's strange that Kate has never been photographed (looking suitably pensive) in there. She can't claim that there are some things that are just too personal in view of the toe-curling comments in her book; she shows there that nothing is off-limits - other than the truth of what happened to her daughter of course.

I'm sure I've seen a photo of Rui Pedro's mum sitting in his bedroom. Why not Kate McCann showing us how she draws the curtains and sits in Madeleine's room? That would be more interesting than the fact that she couldn't make love to Gerry or that she thought a police officer was a f*cking t*sser!

AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
The Sun - Madeleine's room - same as six years ago - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Sun - Madeleine's room - same as six years ago - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Mon 13 May - 12:44

Yes, I've seen that photo, Anna, of Rui Pedro's mum. Such a sad photo and very surprising KM hasn't copied it!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 14 May - 6:55

From the daily mail...

'A so-called' cadaver dog trained to detect decomposing bodies, Indicated to the loft'

Are they scared off mentioning cadaver dogs in British newspapers and when they do they have to resort to Derogatory remarks like 'so-called'....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Tue 14 May - 9:38

kitti wrote:From the daily mail...

'A so-called' cadaver dog trained to detect decomposing bodies, Indicated to the loft'

Are they scared off mentioning cadaver dogs in British newspapers and when they do they have to resort to Derogatory remarks like 'so-called'....

Well spotted kitti. I hadn't noticed that. How disrespectful. These dogs are amazing.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 14 May - 10:09

dazedandconfused wrote:
kitti wrote:From the daily mail...

Well spotted kitti. I hadn't noticed that. How disrespectful. These dogs are amazing.

Seeing as the Mail is staffed by "so-called" journalists, this can hardly come as a surprise to anybody.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Wed 15 May - 6:40

Panda wrote:I think Kate uses the children like no Mother I know. Remember the video in the Channel 4 anniversary where she is painting with the twins and paints the name Madeleine, saying to them "whose that? They said something and she laughed and said "No silly, it's Madeleine". Normally , a Mother tries to protect her offspring but Kate keeps bringing them into conversation and ignores the fact that at two years of age their memory of their sister would be gone if she didn't keep reminding them. To stop them going to sleepovers, usually for teenagers , is childish and selfish , at least Gerry thought it was O.K. How can they say they are nearer to finding her when after 6 years and numerous "sightings". Madeleine has vanished without a trace.
If SY really ARE keeping them informed how can this Review not be biased?

Right at the start there was an interview where she was asked how the twins were coping. She said rather off-hand that they'd never had much to do with her.
This can be seen from the video in hallway, other videos, the photographs, there is no interaction between them at all. Maddie being 'a little mother' to them is fiction imo.
I expect that the PR machine told her that was not a good idea. I don't know as from which date Gerry started using the word 'family' as a magic wand to unite them all. I suspect that was the PR machine as well. Why so many photographs of only Maddie on her own then? So very few 'family' photos. No photo of Kate and Gerry in hospital with a visible Maddie. No photograph of the new-born twins and Maddie and parents.

Now, as Panda pointed out, the twins live in a house where there is a 'room that may not be entered?' A room only your mother goes into twice a day to open and close the curtains? Urrrgh! Pure gothic fiction. The Sun - Madeleine's room - same as six years ago - Page 5 497573
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 15 May - 7:28

I always found this odd......the video of Madeleine opening Her Xmas pressie in the play room whilst the twins totally ignored her and they hadn't a present to open .

If that were my child he would be over there watching with anticipation to what what he had....that's what kids are like.

Also, where there all in their pjs and Madeleine saying...'all these toys ...' can't remember the rest, it's as if she hasn't seen them before and it was the first time.

I still think she spent time elsewhere......alot off time.

The children seem disassociated from each other
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 15 May - 7:53

kitti wrote:I always found this odd......the video of Madeleine opening Her Xmas pressie in the play room whilst the twins totally ignored her and they hadn't a present to open .

If that were my child he would be over there watching with anticipation to what what he had....that's what kids are like.

Also, where there all in their pjs and Madeleine saying...'all these toys ...' can't remember the rest, it's as if she hasn't seen them before and it was the first time.

We have been told that Madeleine was very jealous of the attention the twins received and would run around screaming when Kate was feeding them, Kate McCann said that the twins were OK when Madeleine disappeared because they had never spent much time with her and Madeleine spent the twins' first Christmas with her grandmother in Scotland.

From those bits of information, I would assume that Kate and Gerry's way of handling Madeleine's jealousy was to keep the twins and Madeleine apart. For me, a better way to deal with jealousy in that situation would be to encourage the older child to spend time with the younger ones, not keep them apart. Wouldn't most of us try to encourage the children to get on with each other and like each other? I think Madeleine only became a significant person in the twins' lives after she was gone.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Wed 15 May - 9:35

AnnaEsse wrote:
kitti wrote:I always found this odd......the video of Madeleine opening Her Xmas pressie in the play room whilst the twins totally ignored her and they hadn't a present to open .

We have been told that Madeleine was very jealous of the attention the twins received and would run around screaming when Kate was feeding them, Kate McCann said that the twins were OK when Madeleine disappeared because they had never spent much time with her and Madeleine spent the twins' first Christmas with her grandmother in Scotland.

From those bits of information, I would assume that Kate and Gerry's way of handling Madeleine's jealousy was to keep the twins and Madeleine apart. For me, a better way to deal with jealousy in that situation would be to encourage the older child to spend time with the younger ones, not keep them apart. Wouldn't most of us try to encourage the children to get on with each other and like each other? I think Madeleine only became a significant person in the twins' lives after she was gone.

If anyone cares to look back at the McCanns and their family's early statements, hardly any of them, had a good word to say about Madeleine. Madeleine was a toddler when Sean and Amelie were born and little more than a toddler, when she was ousted from their lives, thanks to their parents appalling behaviour.

What had 'that child could throw a tantrum when she wanted to' ( Gerry's mother), or 'Madeleine would scream and try to climb on my knee, when I was feeding the twins' (Kate) or other character references regarding Madeleine's behaviour, got to do with her disappearance?

The lot of them should have been focusing on the reason why Madeleine disappeared, instead of focusing on what they deemed as her bad points. All the McCanns and their family have been interested in, is raising money, from the minute Madeleine's disappearance, had been brought to the public eye.

They didn't need this money to find Madeleine, because the Portuguese taxpayer, was funding the investigation into her disappearance. The only reason the needed this money, was to pay for the McCanns living expenses in Portugal and their lawyers, as Kate's Uncle Brian, later confirmed, days after Madeleine disappeared.

3 days after Madeleine disappeared, John McCann and his two sisters Pat and Philomena were sitting on a GMTV couch, talking about a fund that was going to be set up. These 3 able bodied people, should have been over in PDL, joining the locals and the police, in their search for Madeleine, instead of talking about this fund. Around 2weeks after Madeleine's disappearance, Gerry's mother gave a television interview and spoke about how her son was 'uplifted' now the fund was up and running.

If I was a cynical person, I would be thinking that the whole of this family along with the McCanns, knew that Madeleine would never be returning to her home in Leicestershire. All they have spoke about is money and the fact that one of the terms of the fund, is to assist them, along with the McCanns, proves that money was their main object in this sad case.

None of them have shown any genuine grief at Madeleine's disappearance, the only time they've shown any emotion, is when the finger has been pointed at Kate and Gerry McCann.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Wed 15 May - 18:01

And according to Kate she had to spend a lot of time in bed when she was expecting the twins, so it is very likely that Madeleine was with someone else during this time, then the twins were born and one baby takes over your life so two would certainly take up much of Kate's time. Then there is the novelty of twins and all the ooohing and ahhhhing of visitors. I make no wonder that madeleine was racing around trying to get attention.
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 15 May - 18:21

kathybelle wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

If anyone cares to look back at the McCanns and their family's early statements, hardly any of them, had a good word to say about Madeleine. Madeleine was a toddler when Sean and Amelie were born and little more than a toddler, when she was ousted from their lives, thanks to their parents appalling behaviour.

What had 'that child could throw a tantrum when she wanted to' ( Gerry's mother), or 'Madeleine would scream and try to climb on my knee, when I was feeding the twins' (Kate) or other character references regarding Madeleine's behaviour, got to do with her disappearance?

The lot of them should have been focusing on the reason why Madeleine disappeared, instead of focusing on what they deemed as her bad points. All the McCanns and their family have been interested in, is raising money, from the minute Madeleine's disappearance, had been brought to the public eye.

They didn't need this money to find Madeleine, because the Portuguese taxpayer, was funding the investigation into her disappearance. The only reason the needed this money, was to pay for the McCanns living expenses in Portugal and their lawyers, as Kate's Uncle Brian, later confirmed, days after Madeleine disappeared.

3 days after Madeleine disappeared, John McCann and his two sisters Pat and Philomena were sitting on a GMTV couch, talking about a fund that was going to be set up. These 3 able bodied people, should have been over in PDL, joining the locals and the police, in their search for Madeleine, instead of talking about this fund. Around 2weeks after Madeleine's disappearance, Gerry's mother gave a television interview and spoke about how her son was 'uplifted' now the fund was up and running.

If I was a cynical person, I would be thinking that the whole of this family along with the McCanns, knew that Madeleine would never be returning to her home in Leicestershire. All they have spoke about is money and the fact that one of the terms of the fund, is to assist them, along with the McCanns, proves that money was their main object in this sad case.

None of them have shown any genuine grief at Madeleine's disappearance, the only time they've shown any emotion, is when the finger has been pointed at Kate and Gerry McCann.

When Eileen McCann says on the video that the fund "stacking" uplifted Gerry, I cringed. Instead of seeing a missing grandchild, Eileen McCann saw stacks of money. She sounds like someone for whom happiness is a bank book "stacking" up with cash. To me, she's the kind of person who doesn't understand that not everyone is so interested in money. The mindset is such that she has no awareness that what she is saying makes her sound as though she thinks the answer to everything is enough money. When people had pay packets, Eileen McCann was probably the matriarch who had the packets handed over on a Friday night, who dolled out the spending money and stacked the cash in savings accounts. I can see her with a rubber band round a few bank books! Growing up around working-class people in Glasgow I met people like her.

From 0.30

AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Wed 15 May - 19:14

Unbelievable. I don't think I've seen that before, or forgotten if I had. I'm sure money/funds would be the last thing on the mind of most folk at such a time.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 15 May - 19:33

dazedandconfused wrote:Unbelievable. I don't think I've seen that before, or forgotten if I had. I'm sure money/funds would be the last thing on the mind of most folk at such a time.

I would have thought the family would quietly step in with help if money were an issue to staying on in Portugal, so that the parents would be able to concentrate on searching for their child. But Kate and Gerry did not search for Madeleine. They saw the Pope and they did a grand European tour.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Wed 15 May - 20:17

AnnaEsse wrote:
dazedandconfused wrote:Unbelievable. I don't think I've seen that before, or forgotten if I had. I'm sure money/funds would be the last thing on the mind of most folk at such a time.

I would have thought the family would quietly step in with help if money were an issue to staying on in Portugal, so that the parents would be able to concentrate on searching for their child. But Kate and Gerry did not search for Madeleine. They saw the Pope and they did a grand European tour.

realistically the twins would have NO memory of maddie i cant remember anything before aged 5 or 6
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 16 May - 6:34

Bobsy wrote:And according to Kate she had to spend a lot of time in bed when she was expecting the twins, so it is very likely that Madeleine was with someone else during this time, then the twins were born and one baby takes over your life so two would certainly take up much of Kate's time. Then there is the novelty of twins and all the ooohing and ahhhhing of visitors. I make no wonder that madeleine was racing around trying to get attention.

Madeleine was left in a nursery if I remember in Amsterdam ..prob all day knowing Kate McCann.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 16 May - 6:39

Do you remember a remark by Kate McCann.

When Sean had started school one off the children walked up to him and said...your sisters dead.

Kate McCann said the child didn't know any better and it wasn't his fault and the children at the school were 'spoken to'

They going to do the same at secondary school and when they go to college.

Arent anyone going to be allowed to have 'their own opinion' around the McCann children.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Thu 16 May - 12:17

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3568228/FOR-the-first-time-since-she-went-missing-Kate-McCann-opened-the-door-to-Madeleines-pretty-pink-bedroom-at-their-home-and-peeped-in.html

“We’ve been as honest as we can. They know that Madeleine was stolen. They call the person who took her ‘the naughty man’. They know it happened in Portugal. Amelie said, ‘We went to Portugal and then we woke up and Madeleine was gone’.”
At the twins’ Leicestershire school, the one Madeleine was due to attend, teachers are keen to make sure Sean and Amelie are treated as normally as possible.
Kate explained: “Madeleine’s very much part of the school. Every child knows what happened. The school have handled all the little incidents that have happened. They’ve been ready for it.”
Gerry joined in: “There was an incident recently when a new kid to the school said to Sean, ‘Madeleine is dead, someone shot her’.”
Kate said: “The child’s mum was really upset and flagged it up to the school. Sean was telling me as we came out of the school gates. I was like, ‘uh’. But Sean said calmly, ‘How would they know?”
Gerry, 42, said: “He was very matter of fact. He said no one knows where Madeleine is. The logic is undeniable.”
Kate went on: “All the parents there have been really supportive and I don’t blame the child at all, they are only young. Children do say things. But I think Sean and Amelie have handled it brilliantly.
“I am well aware, if God forbid we are still in this situation, that the pain and the anger and the upset will come as they get older and they realise what actually happened.”
________________________________________________________________________________________
"Every child (at Madeleines school) knows what happened."
(Who TOLD them?)

BETTER GET THE BRILLIANT 30 (THIRTY) 'MCCANN COPS' FROM SY TO 'BLUE LIGHT' THEIR WAY TO LEICESTER URGENTLY TO INTERVIEW EVERY CHILD AT MADELEINES SCHOOL THEN!
Because the £4.5 MILLION (to date) the BEST, greatest investigative 'McCann cops' haven't got a clue and don't KNOW! (what happened)
But, apparently, ALL the kids do!

Kate McCann said “I am well aware, if God forbid we are still in this situation, that the pain and the anger and the upset will come as they get older and they realise what actually happened.”

Sean and Amelie.
"THANK GOD, MUMMY, WE REALISE THAT YOU DIDN'T LEAVE US ALONE WITH MADELEINE IN THAT ROOM, OUT OF YOUR SIGHT, OR ELSE WE COULD HAVE BEEN ABUSED, ABDUCTED OR EVEN WORSE. YOU'RE THE GREATEST MUMMY ANY CHILD COULD HAVE, EVER!"

"YOU DIDN'T LEAVE US ALONE IN THAT ROOM, WITH MADELEINE, AND THE NAUGHTY MAN, DID YOU MUMMY?"
"WE WON'T GET ANGRY AND UPSET, ......HONEST"
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 16 May - 13:15

kitti wrote:Do you remember a remark by Kate McCann.

When Sean had started school one off the children walked up to him and said...your sisters dead.

Kate McCann said the child didn't know any better and it wasn't his fault and the children at the school were 'spoken to'

They going to do the same at secondary school and when they go to college.

Arent anyone going to be allowed to have 'their own opinion' around the McCann children.

I've worked in two secondary schools, two colleges and one university. That tactic might have worked at primary school but it sure as hell won't work anywhere after that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Thu 16 May - 14:13

Kate McCann said “I am well aware, if God forbid we are still in this situation, that the pain and the anger and the upset will come as they get older and they realise what actually happened.”

three telling words - "what actually happened". This to me infers that their version of events is definitely not the truth.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Thu 16 May - 16:15

AnnaEsse wrote:

There is a quote from John McCann that they were 'owed favours' and they called them in --

Not so popular then that those owing favours to the McCann family would wish to help unasked in finding Maddie?
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 16 May - 18:34

tigger wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

There is a quote from John McCann that they were 'owed favours' and they called them in --

Not so popular then that those owing favours to the McCann family would wish to help unasked in finding Maddie?

One wonders what "favours" were owed to the McCann family by someone like Gordon Brown.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Thu 16 May - 19:30

AnnaEsse wrote:
tigger wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

One wonders what "favours" were owed to the McCann family by someone like Gordon Brown.

It does have a hint of blackmail about it, I must say. Considering the McCanns are originally from the Gorbals, it almost sounds in character for a 1950's crime boss.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 16 May - 22:03

tigger wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
tigger wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

It does have a hint of blackmail about it, I must say. Considering the McCanns are originally from the Gorbals, it almost sounds in character for a 1950's crime boss.

I think they're from Govan rather than the Gorbals, but definitely not the Gorbals
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Thu 16 May - 23:02

AnnaEsse wrote:
tigger wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
tigger wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

I think they're from Govan rather than the Gorbals, but definitely not the Gorbals
I think that the whole episode reeks to high heaven if a complete nobody like John McCann is able to state that his 'nobody' family are owed and have called in favours from incumbent ministers in a National Government.

It may well have been name dropping, but the inaction of all child protection services and the assistance given does suggest that a few skeletons were rattling in someone's cupboard. But what an advert for transparent and honest politicians that no one even refuted the suggested allegation that a pair of ten a penny doctors had some sort of Damoclean sword hanging over ministers of the crown.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next