Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does it matter which school you went to?

4 posters

Go down

Does it matter which school you went to? Empty Does it matter which school you went to?

Post  Annabel Sat 4 May - 18:17

Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
Does it matter which school you went to? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Does it matter which school you went to? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Does it matter which school you went to? Empty Re: Does it matter which school you went to?

Post  Wintabells Sun 5 May - 11:18

'Whatever you say about the parents, the norm at that resort was to allow children to sleep in rooms with the doors unlocked. It was the reason people went, because they offered a family-friendly service'.

I'm not sure how unlocked doors = family friendly?

Perhaps it's the patio doors that are being referred to here, in which case, I guess leaving them unlocked would mean that if guests left their children home alone they could nip in from the back and check on them without having to walk all the way round to the front door. But that is surely a personal choice and could be made wherever one left one's children. I could leave my child home alone and the door unlocked so that it's easier for me when I get home from the pub to walk straight into the house without having to fish around for my key. Presumably this is me engaging in 'family friendly' practice?

Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :
Does it matter which school you went to? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Does it matter which school you went to? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Does it matter which school you went to? Empty Re: Does it matter which school you went to?

Post  susible Sun 5 May - 11:32

I just left a comment, had to...

No, I haven't changed what I would do with my children on holiday, simply because I would never leave young children in an unlocked apartment to go drinking with my friends in the first place...
susible
susible
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 282
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sun 5 May - 12:26

Wintabells wrote:'Whatever you say about the parents, the norm at that resort was to allow children to sleep in rooms with the doors unlocked. It was the reason people went, because they offered a family-friendly service'.

I'm not sure how unlocked doors = family friendly?

Perhaps it's the patio doors that are being referred to here, in which case, I guess leaving them unlocked would mean that if guests left their children home alone they could nip in from the back and check on them without having to walk all the way round to the front door. But that is surely a personal choice and could be made wherever one left one's children. I could leave my child home alone and the door unlocked so that it's easier for me when I get home from the pub to walk straight into the house without having to fish around for my key. Presumably this is me engaging in 'family friendly' practice?

How did the writer determine it was "the norm at that resort"? I don't recall even the other members of the group saying they left doors unlocked. In fact IIRC there are statements saying the reverse.

Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Sun 5 May - 13:43

Yep - that's what I was wondering.... how does the writer know what was the norm. And yes, I agree, the other members of the pact reckoned they always locked everything.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum