Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EXCLUSIVE: British police identify 'Maddy suspects' and urge Portuguese to act

+44
fred
matthew
Annabel
AnnaEsse
dutchclogs
dazedandconfused
MaryB
susible
squeaker
margaret
chrissie1
interested
tanszi
Loopdaloop
mummy45
Lioned
frencheuropean
Panda
jeanmonroe
quickfingers
Wintabells
kitti
Lillyofthevalley
Krisy22
wantthetruth
Chris
wjk
Karen
Roasted Arizona
tigger
flower
Angelina
Claudia79
Bebootje
weissnicht
welshy
pennylane
mara thon
keepingmum
malena stool
chrissie
Justiceforallkids
Keela
48 posters

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

EXCLUSIVE: British police identify 'Maddy suspects' and urge Portuguese to act  - Page 9 Empty Re: EXCLUSIVE: British police identify 'Maddy suspects' and urge Portuguese to act

Post  Panda Sat 18 May - 18:39

wjk wrote:
Panda wrote:
wjk wrote:A former MET police officer coming on Sky after the break to talk about the case.
Hi wjk, I switched over to sky news but the football results are on, all there is is a tickertape saying Scotland Yard say up to 20 people they want to interview. I have a terrible feeling that SY are doing this publicity stunt to prove all that time and mney spent on the review has been productive. Question:- Why havn't they interviewed these people already? It reminds me of the sightings which turn out to be ludicrous.
Hi Panda, the Met guy was talking about relationships that may have broken up since people were last spoken to by police and people may now be willing to speak out about what they know.

I tell you what wjk, I don't want to pour cold water on all this speculation...but why havn't they interviewed these people already? after over 2 years the review should have been completed, all the i's dotted and t's crossed.
As I am writing this , more news . Apparently there is a stand off between SY and the Portugese Police who don't want to investigate these new suspects. Also , it appears some of these witnesses will have split from their Partners at that time.
Martin Brunt says it appears these 20 or so follow ups will be another waste of time . He strolled along the same beach the McCanns walked and asked some English Tourists sitting on a bench what they thought. Their attitude was sympathy for the McCanns. Futther along he spoke to a Portugese man who said he thought there should be an end to this case and people should know what happened.

I think the McCanns should pay for these costs now if they want the Portugese to investigate these people, not all Portugese I assume.

What a b****y cock up, after 2 years all SY came come up with is 20 names of "people of interest". A Portugese Reporter says it has always been the case that the case would be re-opened if there is new information. He thinks they will read the file and make a decision . The McCanns are said to be delighted with the news.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
EXCLUSIVE: British police identify 'Maddy suspects' and urge Portuguese to act  - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100EXCLUSIVE: British police identify 'Maddy suspects' and urge Portuguese to act  - Page 9 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

EXCLUSIVE: British police identify 'Maddy suspects' and urge Portuguese to act  - Page 9 Empty Re: EXCLUSIVE: British police identify 'Maddy suspects' and urge Portuguese to act

Post  flower Sat 18 May - 18:43

mummy45 wrote:met detective on sky saying people from the previous past may now have different relationships with those involved and may
not feel good about any alibis given at the time. there are gaps in the chronology and the phone records need re examining Yes!

I didn't see this but surely this relates to the McCanns and their friends?? I mean it isn't referring to a 'stranger abduction' is it??
flower
flower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 678
Warning :
EXCLUSIVE: British police identify 'Maddy suspects' and urge Portuguese to act  - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100EXCLUSIVE: British police identify 'Maddy suspects' and urge Portuguese to act  - Page 9 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Sat 18 May - 18:55

I don't see why the Portuguese should have to pay for all this. They did there best at the time and were not given the co-operation of certain persons. So I don't see why Portugal should be bending over backwards to jump to the bidding of certain folk who certainly don't have any intention of jumping to the bidding of anyone.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sat 18 May - 19:04

neither do I MaryB. I believe they did their very best given the people they had to question and the results of these interviews. I think the whole of Portugal did their very best, police, army, navy, locals and nationals and expats, and the dogs, both Portuguese and British.

I really don't understand why there is a media announcement concerning these people of interest. anyone who thought they might be a person of interest is going to know, and act accordingly. jimo.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Sat 18 May - 19:16

The McCanns are due in Portugal soon for the trial with G.Amaral.
What a coincidence if SY and the PJ , also in Portugal in the same time and conducting their enquiry, asked for their "help" to clarify some details in the chronologie of the events..Could they refuse? Could the other Tapas, invited in the same way by SY to help the police forces , refuse to go back to Portugal? Not for a reconstruction of couse, just for a chatt , "une conversation Ă  batons rompus."
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sat 18 May - 19:33

Anorak gets it right, "20 new Maddie suspects help Detective Chief Superintendent Hamish Campbell retire in a blaze of publicity".

"The tabloids need an easy summertime story so 'Our Maddie' is back on the front pages."

"There's the usual absence of hard facts."
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sat 18 May - 19:38

Iris wrote:Brunt tweeted yesterday that they were investigating the MURDER of Madeleine McCann. He very quickly changed it to "disappearance" but not before loads of ppl had seen it. I hope somebody got a screenshot.

Yes they did on FB EXCLUSIVE: British police identify 'Maddy suspects' and urge Portuguese to act  - Page 9 25346
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  mummy45 Sat 18 May - 19:41

The times also reporting that chronology of events need re examined and phone records.
mummy45
mummy45
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 170
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Sat 18 May - 19:50

mummy45 wrote:The times also reporting that chronology of events need re examined and phone records.

The guy on twitter Dewi Lennard who has done big work on the phone records made reference a couple of weeks back to the fact that he had given his files to police and they were very interested and he was not going to say anymore about it.

I'm new to reading twitter so I don't know how to do a link but it was sometime around 22 April. Interesting now in the light of what's happening.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sat 18 May - 19:51

Some thing is in the offing I'm sure off it, sky are changing stories like Bunty changes his underpants EXCLUSIVE: British police identify 'Maddy suspects' and urge Portuguese to act  - Page 9 25346
Daily (I hope) EXCLUSIVE: British police identify 'Maddy suspects' and urge Portuguese to act  - Page 9 613255
He's is Portugal reporting, now why would Sky send him out there at the weekend? What's happening on monday morning I wonder?
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sat 18 May - 19:52

mossman wrote:
mummy45 wrote:The times also reporting that chronology of events need re examined and phone records.

The guy on twitter Dewi Lennard who has done big work on the phone records made reference a couple of weeks back to the fact that he had given his files to police and they were very interested and he was not going to say anymore about it.

I'm new to reading twitter so I don't know how to do a link but it was sometime around 22 April. Interesting now in the light of what's happening.

Very interesting mossman
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mummy45 Sat 18 May - 19:58

I am now wondering why on earth they pushed cameron to instigate this when they knew this could be the possible end game?
mummy45
mummy45
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 18 May - 20:01

I find it absolutely incredible that it took SY 2 yrs to come up with 20 names of people "of interest ". now they have thrown the Ball in the Portugese Court knowing full well that Portugal will not consider these people as a reason for re-opening the case. Leucester Police were allowed to interview people so why couldn't SY do the same and if the interviews bought fresh evidence, THEN approach Portugal.
I am ashamed of the way SY have behaved, they knew all along that the Portugese would not re-open the case unless there was specific new evidence , not "people of interest. " Now everyone knows abiut this thanks to the retiring DCI, so if the Portugese refuse they will be seen as hard hearted.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  mummy45 Sat 18 May - 20:03

It has moved way down the list of stories on the Sky news web page. I think something huge is about to break between now and Monday.
mummy45
mummy45
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 18 May - 20:10

Somebody has also published an excellent new e book setting out all the discrepancies. Freepdfhosting.com/9909bef539.pdf (sorry on tablet so canny dae links) this is well worth downloading, reading and spreading!

Last edited by Iris on Sat 18 May - 20:20; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Sat 18 May - 20:12

Panda wrote:I find it absolutely incredible that it took SY 2 yrs to come up with 20 names of people "of interest ". now they have thrown the Ball in the Portugese Court knowing full well that Portugal will not consider these people as a reason for re-opening the case. Leucester Police were allowed to interview people so why couldn't SY do the same and if the interviews bought fresh evidence, THEN approach Portugal.
I am ashamed of the way SY have behaved, they knew all along that the Portugese would not re-open the case unless there was specific new evidence , not "people of interest. " Now everyone knows abiut this thanks to the retiring DCI, so if the Portugese refuse they will be seen as hard hearted.

Spot on I think, whitewash and the Portuguese will get the blame. But there seems to be something else going on as well, with Martin Brunt's tweets with the 'm' word and why is he in Portugal? So we live in hope.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Sat 18 May - 20:20

Panda wrote:I find it absolutely incredible that it took SY 2 yrs to come up with 20 names of people "of interest ". now they have thrown the Ball in the Portugese Court knowing full well that Portugal will not consider these people as a reason for re-opening the case. Leucester Police were allowed to interview people so why couldn't SY do the same and if the interviews bought fresh evidence, THEN approach Portugal.

Hi panda, I agree with what you are saying, but I don't know if it is as simple as that, in so far as SY will say they are not conducting an investigation of the crime, but a review of the original investigation. They have now done their review and in their opinion these 9 (or however many) people need to be looked at, their phone records need further investigation etc. they tell the Portugese this and then this is where the proverbial could hit the fan.

If there is to be no cover up and SY have the balls they claim to have, they are at this very moment talking to the Portugese, giving them their files, opinions etc., and basically telling them the PJ were not too far off the mark in the original investigation. The Portugese are, understandably, reluctant to drag this whole thing back on themselves, not least from a cost point of view. This is where SY come to an arrangement to share costs or some such agreement, and next week the case becomes live again.

Now all of that is in a world where SY is being run by human beings who care about the fact that a Little three year old girl is out there, somewhere, all alone and thus far nobody who knew her cared enough to bring her home.

So I think we will see very soon exactly what this review is about.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Sat 18 May - 20:33

So many times before I have thought a big break through was coming. And then nothing. Let's hope for a breakthrough soon. It's been a very very long time coming.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Roasted Arizona Sat 18 May - 20:43

Sadly I don't believe for a moment something big is going to happen.
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Sat 18 May - 20:45

MaryB wrote:So many times before I have thought a big break through was coming. And then nothing. Let's hope for a breakthrough soon. It's been a very very long time coming.

I know MaryB. It has been one step forward two steps back for so long. We can only hang in there and hope :
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Sat 18 May - 20:48

[quote="Roasted Arizona"]Sadly I don't believe for a moment something big is going to happen.[/quote

Me neither
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel Sat 18 May - 20:58

Iris wrote:Somebody has also published an excellent new e book setting out all the discrepancies. Freepdfhosting.com/9909bef539.pdf (sorry on tablet so canny dae links) this is well worth downloading, reading and spreading!

http://freepdfhosting.com/9099bef539.pdf
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Sat 18 May - 21:01

[quote="dazedandconfused"]
Roasted Arizona wrote:Sadly I don't believe for a moment something big is going to happen.[/quote

Me neither

Something has to happen eventually. Not necessarily something we on this forum consider right and just, but the situation cannot go on forever. SY review has to end, it has to reach a conclusion, if for no other reason than a financial one. A team cannot sit there forever reading files. They have now made some statement, as we have heard over the past few days. Seems like as good a time as any to either use the opportunity for the whitewash many think is a foregone conclusion or to put the wheels in motion to bring the case to a proper conclusion.

So I think we are close to something happening, but whether that is a good thing or a bad thing remains to be seen.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Sat 18 May - 21:07

I must say I am at a loss to make any sense of this. Why is this headline news when in reality there is no news. What is the news. I'm missing it.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 18 May - 21:10

Annabel wrote:
Iris wrote:Somebody has also published an excellent new e book setting out all the discrepancies. Freepdfhosting.com/9909bef539.pdf (sorry on tablet so canny dae links) this is well worth downloading, reading and spreading!

http://freepdfhosting.com/9099bef539.pdf
thanks annabel xx
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next