Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

McCanns may SUE Kevin Halligen

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCanns may SUE Kevin Halligen

Post  Karen on Sat 18 May - 0:30

MODERATORS - (if necessary) PLEASE merge with Kevin Halligen pleads GUILTY

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/kevin-halligen-madeleine-mccann-parents-1895650

Kevin Halligen: Madeleine McCann parents may sue fraudster accused of £300,000 fund con
18 May 2013 00:00

It is understood that Kate and Gerry McCann are now considering suing Halligen for allegedly fleecing their fund
Fraudster: Kevin Halligen


A dodgy “detective” accused of conning £300,000 from the Madeleine McCann fund is being kicked out of the US – and could now face justice in Britain.

Kevin Halligen was extradited to America five months ago over claims he cheated former business partners out of £1.3million.

Yesterday the 51-year-old admitted wire fraud in a deal with prosecutors in Washington DC.

He will be freed from jail next month, due to time he has already served, then deported.

It is understood that Kate and Gerry McCann are now considering suing Halligen for allegedly fleecing their fund.

He could also be arrested if the couple make a formal complaint.

In 2008, Halligen’s company Oakley International signed a £500,000 deal to help find missing Madeleine.

But the Surrey-based Irishman’s contract was terminated early without full payment after fund organisers decided he had failed to fulfil the agreement.

He was then arrested in Oxford in November 2009 after fleeing Washington when the US government began seeking an indictment over the wire fraud.

A source said: “Halligen would con his own grandmother he is that ruthless.

"The fact he gave the McCanns false hope and took so much money is unforgivable.”

In Washington federal court yesterday Halligen admitted persuading the Dutch company Trafigura to send £1.3million to his personal account in 2006.

Halligen told the court he bought a luxury six-bedroom house with some of the money.

It was supposed to be used to help free two of the company’s executives who were being held in the Ivory Coast on charges of dumping toxic waste.

Halligen will be sentenced on June 27 and, under the deal, freed and deported.
Madeline Mccann 6 Year Anniversary

Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Location : The Netherlands
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns may SUE Kevin Halligen

Post  interested on Sat 18 May - 0:37

"A dodgy 'detective' accused of conning 300,000 pound from the Madeleine McCann fund is being kicked out of the US - and could now face justice in Britain."

"He will be freed from jail next month, due to time he had already served then deported."

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2428
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns may SUE Kevin Halligen

Post  tanszi on Sat 18 May - 0:54

seems the McCs still read the forum.

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3098
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns may SUE Kevin Halligen

Post  dutchclogs on Sat 18 May - 4:58

tanszi wrote:seems the McCs still read the forum.

Yes I was just thinking the same thing tanszi

Gerry Kate

dutchclogs
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1062
Age : 62
Location : Scotland/Nertherlands
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns may SUE Kevin Halligen

Post  weissnicht on Sat 18 May - 5:50

Little reminder http://www.mccannfiles.com/id285.html "The McCanns' spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, insisted the fund had not been duped."

weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns may SUE Kevin Halligen

Post  AnnaEsse on Sat 18 May - 6:29

It is understood that Kate and Gerry McCann are now considering suing Halligen for allegedly fleecing their fund[

Not "a source close to" or "a spokesman" So, who understands this and how did they come to understand it? Is this newspaper trying to push a few Tapas buttons? The McCanns wouldn't sue for an article that appears to be supporting them. So, perhaps the ball is now in the McCanns' court. Why don't they sue this man?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18463
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns may SUE Kevin Halligen

Post  kitti on Sat 18 May - 8:58

Will they also sue MET3?


They won't be able to sue Halligen as he lives in the USA, mind you, a few nice holidays to the USA for the mccanns to try lol....off course, it's to speak to the missing people centre NOT to sue.

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns may SUE Kevin Halligen

Post  Lillyofthevalley on Sat 18 May - 9:33

Wonder what's about to unfold for this little snippet to pop up, why do the Mcs feel the need to constantly be in the papers, if they were safe and protected they wouldn't need to be doing all this clap trap would they.

The McCanns MAY sue Halligan! yer yer yer, even tho Clarry says they weren't duped!

Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns may SUE Kevin Halligen

Post  almostgothic on Sat 18 May - 10:17

I think the operative word here is 'MAY'.
In McCann World that probably means: "If we hint that we 'MAY' sue him, it'll probably keep those internet vultures quiet on this subject, at least for a while."
Good luck with that one ......


A source said: “Halligen would con his own grandmother he is that ruthless."
Oh, the irony ......

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns may SUE Kevin Halligen

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Sat 18 May - 10:33

No wonder the McCanns chose Kevin Halligen - birds of a feather flock together.

Perhaps they met at a con artists' convention.......it certainly takes one to know one.

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6697
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns may SUE Kevin Halligen

Post  kitti on Sat 18 May - 11:50

They will be suing Kennedy so, he was the one that employed them.


Ooops....why did I open my mouth.


After all, he withdrew his millions after saying he would spend it all if he had to find Madeleine....the mccanns probably have a grudge against him too.

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns may SUE Kevin Halligen

Post  Panda on Sat 18 May - 14:05

Folks, this is BRILLIANT!!!! When Halligen was arrested in the UK for fraud in the U.S. and SA a reporter asked Mitchell if the Fund would be suing him
for the £300,000 the fund paid him. Clarence said "the case is closed".
About 2 months ago through "whatdotheyknow" I asked Scotland Yard if they would be interviewing Halligen over the £300,000 the Fund had paid him while he was languishing in HM Prison. They replied that they could not answer, but TEN DAYS later , he was extradited to the U.S. having been in the U.K. Prison for almost 2 years. Now the McCanns have decided to sue him.....3 years later??? They know they can't but maybe people who have made large donations will pick up on this and sue the Fund. I wonder if someone in SY tipped them off about my enquiry.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns may SUE Kevin Halligen

Post  tanszi on Sat 18 May - 14:10

I don't think they were tipped off in that sense. maybe someone asked them innocently. as I understand it, as the McCs didn't employ Halligen, Iunderstand that Brian Kennedy did, it is Brian Kennedy that has to sue him as he bought his services, not the McCs or the Limited Company, I refuse to call it a fund in the sense that I know a fund.

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3098
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns may SUE Kevin Halligen

Post  Panda on Sat 18 May - 14:34

tanszi wrote:I don't think they were tipped off in that sense. maybe someone asked them innocently. as I understand it, as the McCs didn't employ Halligen, Iunderstand that Brian Kennedy did, it is Brian Kennedy that has to sue him as he bought his services, not the McCs or the Limited Company, I refuse to call it a fund in the sense that I know a fund.

Hi tanszi, Kennedy wrote the Contracts for these "Investigators"and the Fund paid him, he in turn paid the Investigators. Halligen's only expertise was in Fraud and money laundering so you can guess what happened to the £300,000. When John McCann was made Chairman, he promised that the fund would be administered under "Goood Governance " rules, obviously it wasn't because in the first year as the Daily Mail pointed out, only 13.3% was spent in searching for Madeleine . Since the McCanns are both Directors, if a donor who made a large contribution wanted to sue, he can.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns may SUE Kevin Halligen

Post  tanszi on Sat 18 May - 14:38

so do you mean the donor can sue the limited company, the McCs or Halligan> sorry got brain fag.

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3098
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns may SUE Kevin Halligen

Post  wjk on Sat 18 May - 14:47

So did BK pay for Halligen and Metodo3 etc, or the fund?

wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7812
Age : 51
Location : Manchester
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns may SUE Kevin Halligen

Post  Panda on Sat 18 May - 15:16

tanszi wrote:so do you mean the donor can sue the limited company, the McCs or Halligan> sorry got brain fag.

Yes, although it was formed as a Private Company all the money initially, almost £2 million in the first year was public donations.However, here comes the nasty bit, all the Directors took out some liability clause which states if the Company goes bankrupt the Directors liability is £1 !! The fact that the Company paid Kennedy instead of the Detectives when he wasn't an Officer of the Company is suspect but the Company Directors can be sued for negligence because they did not put in any Capital. I remember a Member whose avatar was a black dog , can't remember her name but T4two knows who I mean. She said the money went into one of Kennedy's many accounts and was moved every 24 hrs to make it untraceable, he then Laundered it and took a commission and the balance probably ended up in an offshore account for the McCanns.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns may SUE Kevin Halligen

Post  kitti on Sat 18 May - 15:24

Kennedy employed MET3.....HE supposedly PAID for MET3 services.



However, the company's contract will now not be renewed. The Mail on Sunday has learned that double-glazing tycoon Brian Kennedy, who has been underwriting the fund's search for Madeleine, has conducted a review of the agency's work and has become unhappy with the progress it was making.

The deal was abruptly ended following a meeting last week after the fund brought in independent monitors to assess how the money was spent.

The cost of employing the agency - run by a Briton, Kevin Halligen - has drained the Madeleine fund and there is now less than £500,000 left.

The development is likely to dismay the thousands who gave to the appeal, and raise questions about how the fund has been administered.

Mr Kennedy, who owns Sale Sharks rugby club, was said to be 'angry' because he believed Oakley's bills, estimated to be more than £80,000 a month, were too much for the results they achieved.

A source said: 'There is a sense that they were meaning well but hadn't got as far as they should for the money involved.

'Brian Kennedy thought their work was far too pricey and wanted to know where the money was being spent. He wasn't satisfied with their answers and the contract was not renewed.

'Madeleine's parents, Gerry and Kate, have been kept informed all along and agree with the decision. A lot of people were asking questions about where the money was being spent.'

Oakley International won the contract after an introduction by another company, Red Defence International (RDI), based in Jermyn Street, Central London.

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns may SUE Kevin Halligen

Post  kitti on Sat 18 May - 15:25

If he hasn't been paying, what the hell has it got to do with him how much is being spent on private detectives etc......my guess is....he has....so where has all the fund money gone?

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns may SUE Kevin Halligen

Post  Panda on Sat 18 May - 16:10

kitti wrote:Kennedy employed MET3.....HE supposedly PAID for MET3 services.



However, the company's contract will now not be renewed. The Mail on Sunday has learned that double-glazing tycoon Brian Kennedy, who has been underwriting the fund's search for Madeleine, has conducted a review of the agency's work and has become unhappy with the progress it was making.

The deal was abruptly ended following a meeting last week after the fund brought in independent monitors to assess how the money was spent.

The cost of employing the agency - run by a Briton, Kevin Halligen - has drained the Madeleine fund and there is now less than £500,000 left.

The development is likely to dismay the thousands who gave to the appeal, and raise questions about how the fund has been administered.

Mr Kennedy, who owns Sale Sharks rugby club, was said to be 'angry' because he believed Oakley's bills, estimated to be more than £80,000 a month, were too much for the results they achieved.
Hi kitti, I kept the evidence , but can't copy and paste it here. Metodo 3 were interviewed by ABCes , I think it's part of the Guardian Group and said they did not receive the money quoted in the British Press but only E16,000 plus E4,000 for six months work.

A source said: 'There is a sense that they were meaning well but hadn't got as far as they should for the money involved.

'Brian Kennedy thought their work was far too pricey and wanted to know where the money was being spent. He wasn't satisfied with their answers and the contract was not renewed.

'Madeleine's parents, Gerry and Kate, have been kept informed all along and agree with the decision. A lot of people were asking questions about where the money was being spent.'

Oakley International won the contract after an introduction by another company, Red Defence International (RDI), based in Jermyn Street, Central London.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns may SUE Kevin Halligen

Post  Panda on Sat 18 May - 16:14

Kitti with all due respect, these are BUSINESSMEN, yet handed over £300,000 without even checking out the results of the Company????? It was money laundering again, same as they did with Metodo 3 who said they did not receive the money quoted in the British Press, but only E 16,000 plus E 4,000 for six months work.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns may SUE Kevin Halligen

Post  wjk on Sat 18 May - 16:44

Panda wrote:
tanszi wrote:so do you mean the donor can sue the limited company, the McCs or Halligan> sorry got brain fag.

Yes, although it was formed as a Private Company all the money initially, almost £2 million in the first year was public donations.However, here comes the nasty bit, all the Directors took out some liability clause which states if the Company goes bankrupt the Directors liability is £1 !! The fact that the Company paid Kennedy instead of the Detectives when he wasn't an Officer of the Company is suspect but the Company Directors can be sued for negligence because they did not put in any Capital. I remember a Member whose avatar was a black dog , can't remember her name but T4two knows who I mean. She said the money went into one of Kennedy's many accounts and was moved every 24 hrs to make it untraceable, he then Laundered it and took a commission and the balance probably ended up in an offshore account for the McCanns.
That's interesting, Panda.
Lets hope SY are having a good luck at the 'fund'.
They wouldn't need Portuguese approval for that, would they as it was all done from over here?

wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7812
Age : 51
Location : Manchester
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns may SUE Kevin Halligen

Post  Panda on Sat 18 May - 17:33

wjk wrote:
Panda wrote:
tanszi wrote:so do you mean the donor can sue the limited company, the McCs or Halligan> sorry got brain fag.

Yes, although it was formed as a Private Company all the money initially, almost £2 million in the first year was public donations.However, here comes the nasty bit, all the Directors took out some liability clause which states if the Company goes bankrupt the Directors liability is £1 !! The fact that the Company paid Kennedy instead of the Detectives when he wasn't an Officer of the Company is suspect but the Company Directors can be sued for negligence because they did not put in any Capital. I remember a Member whose avatar was a black dog , can't remember her name but T4two knows who I mean. She said the money went into one of Kennedy's many accounts and was moved every 24 hrs to make it untraceable, he then Laundered it and took a commission and the balance probably ended up in an offshore account for the McCanns.
That's interesting, Panda.
Lets hope SY are having a good luck at the 'fund'.
They wouldn't need Portuguese approval for that, would they as it was all done from over here?
The Company is U.K. Registered but people I know have been trying for 4 years through various Government Departments to have the Accounts examined, no action and the "you cannot ask questions ". The problem is it is a Private Company but John McCann promised transparency and the Fund would be run under Good Governance guidelines, which of course it hasn't.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns may SUE Kevin Halligen

Post  interested on Sat 18 May - 19:11

kitti wrote:Will they also sue MET3?


They won't be able to sue Halligen as he lives in the USA, mind you, a few nice holidays to the USA for the mccanns to try lol....off course, it's to speak to the missing people centre NOT to sue.

The article indicates, "He will be freed from jail next month , due to time he has already served, then deported."

I guess the question is, since he is to be deported and was extradicted from the U.K, will he be returned to Britain? The article also refers to him as "the Surrey-based Irishman".

I guess the only thing for sure is that the Americans no longer want him living there.

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2428
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns may SUE Kevin Halligen

Post  Lillyofthevalley on Sat 18 May - 19:32

MONEY AND LOTS OF IT! has been the main thing here, without it the McCanns are nothing, imo once this case gets re-opened (if Portugal will allow it) we will then see what a difference the years make, AS NO FUNDS, means NO THREAT imo.

Think about it.......Why are the McCanns so obsessed with the fund?

Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns may SUE Kevin Halligen

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:00


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum