Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Google Faces Fresh Claims On Tax Avoidance

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Google Faces Fresh Claims On Tax Avoidance

Post  Panda on Mon 20 May - 6:56

Google Faces Fresh Claims On Tax Avoidance


An ex-Google executive claims its tax operation is
"immoral", days after MPs allege it was "devious, calculated and
unethical".



6:43pm UK,
Sunday 19 May 2013



Video: Google Faces Tax Avoidance
Claims
Enlarge







  • A former Google executive has accused the company of cheating the
    taxpayer out of hundreds of millions of pounds.

    Barney Jones claims the firm has been running an "immoral" tax avoidance
    scheme for the past decade.

    The 34-year-old, who worked at the company between 2002 and 2006, made his
    allegations to The Sunday Times.

    "The real victims are ordinary taxpayers in Britain who are being cheated by
    Google," he told the paper.

    "They don't have the means to hire accountants to pretend they make their
    money in Ireland, Bermuda or the British Virgin Islands.

    "What Google is doing is immoral."

    The allegations come days after MPs described the internet giant's tax
    operation as "devious, calculated and unethical".

    Matt Brittin, the company's vice president, was grilled by MPs on the Public
    Accounts Committee (PAC) on Thursday over its payment of just £6m in British
    corporation tax in 2011.
    Google's vice president Matt Brittin quizzed
    by the PAC last week
    The firm generated more than £3bn in revenue that year, but claims its UK
    transactions actually take place in Ireland where the corporate tax rate is
    significantly lower.

    But MPs reacted with incredulity to claims that the company did not carry out
    advertising sales in the UK and accused the firm of "deliberately manipulating
    the reality of their business".

    Google has always strongly denied any wrongdoing - and Mr Brittin insisted
    the company complied "fully" with tax laws.

    However, Mr Jones told The Sunday Times: "It uses a concocted scheme to avoid
    tax. It’s a smoke-screen to distort where the substance of its economic activity
    is really taking place."

    Of his claims, Google said in a statement: "It is difficult to respond fully
    to documents we have not seen.

    "These questions relate to Google's business in the UK going back a decade or
    more and don't change the fact that Google pays the corporate tax due on its UK
    activities and complies fully with UK law."

    The controversy comes before Google executive chairman Eric Schmidt is due to
    meet Prime Minister David Cameron at Downing Street on Monday.

    Writing in the Observer, the executive has given his first reaction to last
    week's criticism of his company by MPs on the public accounts committee.

    He said tax avoidance is rightly a "hot topic" in difficult economic times
    and urges genuine reform, but added: "Politicians - not companies - set the
    rules."

    Mr Schmidt is also expected to attend a Google event in Hertfordshire on
    Wednesday where Labour leader Ed Miliband is due to speak.

    Mr Miliband has pledged new rules to tackle corporate tax dodgers if he wins
    the next election.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Google Faces Fresh Claims On Tax Avoidance

Post  Badboy on Sat 8 Jun - 14:47

IT APPEARS THAT SOME GOOGLE ADS ARE A SCAM,SOME SAY YOU PAY THEM AND YOU COULD GET A EHIC CARD.

Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 7736
Age : 50
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Google Faces Fresh Claims On Tax Avoidance

Post  Panda on Sat 8 Jun - 16:06

Badboy wrote:IT APPEARS THAT SOME GOOGLE ADS ARE A SCAM,SOME SAY YOU PAY THEM AND YOU COULD GET A EHIC CARD.
I think Google is very intrusive, I just tried to download a free CC Clean up recommended by Which Magazine and right at the end it asks you to agree to Google chrome, I clicked the X so it so cclean up hasn't installed.!!!

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Google Faces Fresh Claims On Tax Avoidance

Post  Badboy on Sat 31 Aug - 16:31

IT HAS BEEN SAID THAT GOOGLE AND OTHER COMPANIES LIKE APPLE ETC MIGHT BE PARASITIC IN THAT THE INVENTION OF THE INTERNET WAS STARTED WITH PUBLIC FUNDS(US DEFENCE DEPARTMENT ETC),BUT THE BUSINESSES BENEFITING FROM IT ARE NOT PAYING TAXES TOWARDS THE PUBLIC PURSE.

Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 7736
Age : 50
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Google Faces Fresh Claims On Tax Avoidance

Post  Panda on Sat 31 Aug - 17:29

Badboy wrote:IT HAS BEEN SAID THAT GOOGLE AND OTHER COMPANIES LIKE APPLE ETC MIGHT BE PARASITIC IN THAT THE  INVENTION OF THE INTERNET WAS STARTED WITH PUBLIC FUNDS(US DEFENCE DEPARTMENT ETC),BUT THE BUSINESSES BENEFITING FROM IT ARE NOT PAYING TAXES TOWARDS THE PUBLIC PURSE.
I thought Alan Lerners Lee, working in a University in Switzerland invented the internet BadBoy? Check out wikipedia and post what you find here if yiu would, Ta.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Google Faces Fresh Claims On Tax Avoidance

Post  Guest on Sat 31 Aug - 21:18

Tim Berners Lee, working at CERN, is credited with inventing the Internet, but in order for the Internet to work it relies on the World Wide Web, what was invented by a group of institutions - one of which was the Pentagon.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Google Faces Fresh Claims On Tax Avoidance

Post  Panda on Sat 31 Aug - 21:25

Iris wrote:Tim Berners Lee, working at CERN, is credited with inventing the Internet, but in order for the Internet to work it relies on the World Wide Web, what was invented by a group of institutions - one of which was the Pentagon.
Thanks Iris, so what did Berners Lee get out ot it.?

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Google Faces Fresh Claims On Tax Avoidance

Post  Guest on Sat 31 Aug - 22:26

Panda wrote:
Iris wrote:Tim Berners Lee, working at CERN, is credited with inventing the Internet, but in order for the Internet to work it relies on the World Wide Web, what was invented by a group of institutions - one of which was the Pentagon.
Thanks Iris, so what did Berners Lee get out ot it.?
A Knighthood, which I think was well deserved, and the amount of awe and respect that no amount of money can ever buy. Because he refused to sell it, saying that it should be free for everybody.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Google Faces Fresh Claims On Tax Avoidance

Post  Panda on Sat 31 Aug - 22:40

Iris wrote:
Panda wrote:
Iris wrote:Tim Berners Lee, working at CERN, is credited with inventing the Internet, but in order for the Internet to work it relies on the World Wide Web, what was invented by a group of institutions - one of which was the Pentagon.
Thanks Iris, so what did Berners Lee get out ot it.?
A Knighthood, which I think was well deserved, and the amount of awe and respect that no amount of money can ever buy.  Because he refused to sell it, saying that it should be free for everybody.
Very Noble of him I'm sure , I remember that now. I wonder what he thinks of his invention now and the way it is used for pornography , grooming , the demise of town shopping etc.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Google Faces Fresh Claims On Tax Avoidance

Post  Badboy on Sun 1 Sep - 0:46

HAVE LOOKED UP HISTORY OF INTERNET,BASICALLY STARTEDBY US DEFENCE DEPARTMENT/US UNIVERSITIES.
THIS ARTCLE WAS SAYING HOW MANY THINGS STARTED BY GOVERNMENT RESEARCH END UP WITH COMPANIES MAKING PROFITS.

Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 7736
Age : 50
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Google Faces Fresh Claims On Tax Avoidance

Post  Panda on Sun 1 Sep - 7:20

Badboy wrote:HAVE LOOKED UP HISTORY OF INTERNET,BASICALLY STARTEDBY US DEFENCE DEPARTMENT/US UNIVERSITIES.
THIS ARTCLE WAS SAYING HOW MANY THINGS STARTED BY GOVERNMENT RESEARCH END UP WITH COMPANIES MAKING PROFITS.
Yes Badboy, I don't think anyone realised at the time how the internet would become such a phenomenon

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Google Faces Fresh Claims On Tax Avoidance

Post  Guest on Sun 1 Sep - 10:17

Panda wrote:
Iris wrote:
Panda wrote:
Iris wrote:Tim Berners Lee, working at CERN, is credited with inventing the Internet, but in order for the Internet to work it relies on the World Wide Web, what was invented by a group of institutions - one of which was the Pentagon.
Thanks Iris, so what did Berners Lee get out ot it.?
A Knighthood, which I think was well deserved, and the amount of awe and respect that no amount of money can ever buy.  Because he refused to sell it, saying that it should be free for everybody.
Very Noble of him I'm sure , I remember that now. I wonder what he thinks of his invention now and the way it is used for pornography , grooming , the demise of town shopping etc.
The demise of town shopping is quite a major side effect, but the porn and grooming only accounts for a tiny percentage of internet traffic. Despite what alarmist reports would have you believe.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Google Faces Fresh Claims On Tax Avoidance

Post  Panda on Sun 1 Sep - 11:14

Iris wrote:
Panda wrote:
Iris wrote:
Panda wrote:
Iris wrote:Tim Berners Lee, working at CERN, is credited with inventing the Internet, but in order for the Internet to work it relies on the World Wide Web, what was invented by a group of institutions - one of which was the Pentagon.
Thanks Iris, so what did Berners Lee get out ot it.?
A Knighthood, which I think was well deserved, and the amount of awe and respect that no amount of money can ever buy.  Because he refused to sell it, saying that it should be free for everybody.
Very Noble of him I'm sure , I remember that now. I wonder what he thinks of his invention now and the way it is used for pornography , grooming , the demise of town shopping etc.
The demise of town shopping is quite a major side effect, but the porn and grooming only accounts for a tiny percentage of internet traffic.  Despite what alarmist reports would have you believe.
April's Killer had porn on his Computer and the recent case , can't remember the victim's name. Mary Whitehouse must be turning in her grave.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Google Faces Fresh Claims On Tax Avoidance

Post  Badboy on Sun 1 Sep - 12:49

THE INTERNET WHILE IT CAN BE USEED FOR EVIL AND APPEARS TO BE DECIMATING TOWN STREET SHOPS CAN ALSO USED FOR GOOD,YOU CAN TRY SETTING UP YOUR OWN ECOMMERCE WEBSITE/BUSINESS AT MINIMAL COST
I WOULD TO DO AN ECOMMERCE WEBSITE MYSELF.

Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 7736
Age : 50
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Google Faces Fresh Claims On Tax Avoidance

Post  Panda on Sun 1 Sep - 13:47

Badboy wrote:THE INTERNET WHILE IT CAN BE USEED FOR EVIL AND APPEARS TO BE DECIMATING TOWN STREET SHOPS CAN ALSO USED FOR GOOD,YOU CAN TRY SETTING UP YOUR OWN ECOMMERCE WEBSITE/BUSINESS AT MINIMAL COST
I WOULD TO DO AN ECOMMERCE WEBSITE MYSELF.
Hi Badboy, I thought that's what you were doing a few months ago?

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Google Faces Fresh Claims On Tax Avoidance

Post  Badboy on Sun 1 Sep - 16:18

haven't done it

Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 7736
Age : 50
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Google Faces Fresh Claims On Tax Avoidance

Post  Sponsored content Today at 0:02


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum