Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunt for missing chatroom girl

2 posters

Go down

Hunt for missing chatroom girl Empty Hunt for missing chatroom girl

Post  Guest Sat 17 Jan - 16:46

3:46pm UK, Saturday January 17, 2009
A nationwide hunt is under way for a schoolgirl believed to be on the run with a 49-year-old man she met in an internet chatroom.

Hunt for missing chatroom girl 15205444
Laura Stainforth and Robert Williams at Grimbsy station (taken from CCTV)

Police said Laura Stainforth left her Cleethorpes home on Wednesday afternoon and did not come back.

Witnesses saw someone who may be her with a middle-aged man at Grimsby railway station and again in Dover.

The 15-year-old's disappearance is "totally out of character", according to Humberside Police, who are liaising with forces in Kent and ferry companies.

Detective Chief Inspector Sharon Fielding said: "We have established she has met this man who she's met in a chatroom.

"It would seem like a pre-arranged meeting and I'm urging people to come forward if anybody's seen her since she went missing on Wednesday," she said.

The man thought to be with Laura has been named by police as Robert Andrew Williams, 49, who also uses the name Dave Ingram.

Hunt for missing chatroom girl 15205447
Robert Andrew Williams, also known as Dave Ingram

Laura's cousin, Kirsty Williams, posted a desperate plea for her to make contact on a website.

"No one is angry with you - we just want you home. Please just let us know you are okay," she wrote.

Aunt Chrissie Williams added: ""We need to know you're okay, we won't get mad or ask questions just call or text us."

Laura is white, of medium build, and wears her shoulder-length hair in a pony tail. She was wearing a fawn and cream zip-up jacket with light blue jeans when she went missing.

Anyone with information can contact Humberside Police on 0845 60 60 222 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Hunt for missing chatroom girl Empty Re: Hunt for missing chatroom girl

Post  Guest Sat 17 Jan - 18:47

why do these men go after kids. stupid question I know. let's hope she's found safe and well
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  pm Sat 17 Jan - 18:57

the internet is a very good thing, but sadly some people use it also for this kind of stuff!

police have the men photo so soon thye will catch him!
pm
pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4300
Location : Cave of the MOUNTAIN OF THE 3RD WORLD - PORTUGAL - St Gerald i am sending your goats to you again
Warning :
Hunt for missing chatroom girl Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Hunt for missing chatroom girl Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 17 Jan - 19:06

What does a 49 year-old man want with a schoolgirl??? He is probably a pervert. Let's hope she returns safe and well and untouched....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 19 Jan - 20:17

eddie wrote:What does a 49 year-old man want with a schoolgirl??? He is probably a pervert. Let's hope she returns safe and well and untouched....

wouldn't you think with all the sophisticated technology and security around boarders they would have come up with some clue by now? I wondering was the sighting to throw them off the scent and they are both still in the UK??
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 19 Jan - 20:55

I didn't think there was any border security anymore. Yes in airports and ferry ports there is but I didn't think borders from country to country were manned any more. Someone please let me know if I am wrong
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 20 Jan - 17:15

3:09pm UK, Tuesday January 20, 2009
A 15-year-old girl believed to have run away with a man she met on the internet has been spotted on a ferry heading to France.

Hunt for missing chatroom girl 15206715
Robert Williams and Laura are believed to have chatted online

Laura Stainforth was seen on the Pride of Kent ferry travelling from Dover to Calais a day after she went missing.

She vanished from her home in Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire, and police fear she went off with Robert Williams, 49, who she met in a chatroom.

It has since emerged the lorry driver is on bail on suspicion of the kidnap and rape of a 16-year-old girl from West Sussex.

Williams, who also uses the name Dave Ingram, was arrested for the alleged offences in December. He is not on the sex offenders' register.

Her parents Debra and Robert Stainforth released a statement in the hope she may get in touch, saying: "To Laura, this message comes from Mam and Dad. Please contact us as we miss you.

"You are not in trouble; we just want to be able to see you and hug you and try and help you. And your brother misses you too.

"Please contact us or the police, or please let us know you are well and safe. Lots of love from Mam and Dad."

Laura was last seen by her parents when she left home to go to the shops at about 3.30pm Wednesday last week.

The teenager and Williams were captured on CCTV footage at Grimsby railway station that evening.

Detectives believe they took a train to Doncaster, South Yorkshire, before travelling to London, and on to Dover.

Williams has connections throughout the north of England and Scotland, and is being investigated for alleged offences involving a girl from West Sussex.

A spokesman for Sussex Police told Sky News Online: "We can confirm that we dealt with two separate incidents of a 16-year-old girl going missing from her home in Haywards Heath.

"On the first occasion, November 19, 2008, the teenager returned home of her own accord the following day.

"Enquiries by officers showed that she had been in the company of a 49-year-old man in Brighton but no offences were disclosed at the time.

"On December 5, she went missing for a second time.

"Due to her age and the fact she was believed to be in the company of the same man, police were extremely concerned for her welfare and carried out extensive enquiries to locate her as quickly as possible.

"In the early hours of December 6, a 49-year-old man was subsequently arrested on suspicion of kidnap and rape and has been released on police bail pending further enquiries."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 20 Jan - 18:15

This must be every parents worst nightmare. I do hope that when this poor girl realises she has been duped, she is able to get away from this man.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Tue 20 Jan - 19:44

Antoinette wrote:why do these men go after kids. stupid question I know. let's hope she's found safe and well

Men target these girls firstly cause they cant find anyone their own age or dont like women their own age....

They pick children who need love and affection or have controlling parents who make rules for them....then men like this will promise them they wont be like their parents and shower them with attention....

Next thing you know...the child is smitten!
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :
Hunt for missing chatroom girl Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Hunt for missing chatroom girl Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-21

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Hunt for missing chatroom girl Empty MISSING GIRL FOUND

Post  Guest Wed 21 Jan - 18:56

5:39pm UK, Wednesday January 21, 2009
The mother of a 15-year-old girl who went on the run with a man she met on the internet has spoken of her relief after she was found safe and well in France.

A major police hunt was launched after Laura Stainforth disappeared with 49-year-old Robert Williams.

He was arrested at the scene by French police officers, and has been taken into custody.

Laura's mother, Debra Stainforth, was visibly shaken, her voice breaking with emotion, as she thanked people for their help in finding her daughter.

She said: "I am grateful for all the support from the papers and the news of the publicity that has brought Laura back home to us.

"We are grateful of all the support our family and myself have been given. Thank you."

Humberside Police said the arrest was made after Williams and Laura attended the consulate in Lille.

Officers from the force are currently en route to France to bring Laura back into the country.

The girl vanished from her home in Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire, on Wednesday last week.

She had been spotted on the Pride of Kent ferry travelling from Dover to Calais.

Statement From Laura Stainforth's Mother

Detective Chief Inspector Sharon Fielding, of Humberside Police, said she was "absolutely delighted" that Laura had been found.

"It has been a difficult week for us all, not least the family, and I'm looking forward to her safe arrival back with us."

She said they received a tip-off from a member of the public who believed they had seen Laura in the Lille area.

She said she had not spoken to the teenager, and police now had to find out what had happened during the last week.

"There is still a lot of work to be done, however, and we are working to ensure the extradition of Williams.

"I would like to thank all of the members of public who assisted by reporting numerous sightings of Laura - one of which led us to locating Laura in Lille.

"I would also like to thank the local, national and European media for their help in facilitating our appeals."

The teenager and Mr Williams were captured on CCTV footage at Grimsby railway station on the night she vanished.

Detectives believe they took a train to Doncaster, South Yorkshire, before travelling to London, Dover, and then France.

*********************************************************************************

Somehow I Knew she would be found alive and well. At least this story has a happy ending...let's hope she doesn't do this sort of silly thing again!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 22 Jan - 14:43

Thank God she was found safe and well. It's horrible that these grown men target young kids. They should be all locked up and the key thrown away
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 22 Jan - 14:54

Antoinette wrote:Thank God she was found safe and well. It's horrible that these grown men target young kids. They should be all locked up and the key thrown away

Yes I agree Antoinette. Locked up in a room full of women with PMT...... Hunt for missing chatroom girl 23324
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down