Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Channel 5 now!! Murat is on

+17
kathybelle
tanszi
AnnaEsse
Palmeras16
MaryB
malena stool
Angelina
margaret
jinvta
SteveT
Panda
Keela
cass
Lillyofthevalley
weissnicht
tabs
Karen
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Channel 5 now!!  Murat is on Empty Channel 5 now!! Murat is on

Post  fred Fri 28 Jun - 18:33

Someone record it as I can't, he is giving an interview!!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :
Channel 5 now!!  Murat is on Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Channel 5 now!!  Murat is on Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Channel 5 now!!  Murat is on Empty Re: Channel 5 now!! Murat is on

Post  Karen Fri 28 Jun - 19:44

Quick summary. with special thanks to candyfloss - @ The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™

Channel 5 been to PDL to interview Robert Murat, Sandra F, and Carlos Anjos.  Each little interview was extremely short, just a few words.

Robert Murat want case resolved, has tried to move on and family has tried, but it is something he is always linked to.  He is living under a cloud.  Whenever anything new happens, his name is mentioned, so he wants it resolved.

The presenter of the piece said the Portuguese police have little appetitie to keep the search going.  The usual about the McCanns being cleared, and that SY have new suspects, the white van, pedo's living in the area, the staff, blah blah.

Carlos Anjos says they will not re-open unless there is new evidence, and the new evidence the British have is meaningless.

Last edited by Karen on Sun 30 Jun - 8:01; edited 1 time in total
Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :
Channel 5 now!!  Murat is on Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Channel 5 now!!  Murat is on Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Fri 28 Jun - 20:15

Interesting that the new evidence is said to be meaningless. But we all thought as much if it's true.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  tabs Fri 28 Jun - 21:18

What is interesting is that channel 4 saw fit to send someone over to do these interviews

something is in the air

I'm just not sure I know what it is yet
tabs
tabs
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 258
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Fri 28 Jun - 22:23

I'd like to know why Robert Murat is still being suspected of involvement in Madeleine's disappearance, by some people. Apart from the British Journalist, who reported him for acting suspiciously, when he was translating for the police, the only others who made allegations against him, were Jane Tanner and Russell O'Brian.

As far as I know, they allegedly saw him outside the McCanns apartment, however that was disproved when his mother said he was at home, at the time they supposedly saw him outside the apartment. I would take the word of Mrs Murat, before I took the word of Tanner and O'Brian, both of them chopped and changed their statements, regarding the alleged abductor and the checks on Madeleine.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 28 Jun - 22:26

kathybelle wrote:I'd like to know why Robert Murat is still being suspected of involvement in Madeleine's disappearance, by some people. Apart from the British Journalist, who reported him for acting suspiciously, when he was translating for the police, the only others who made allegations against him, were Jane Tanner and Russell O'Brian.

As far as I know, they allegedly saw him outside the McCanns apartment, however that was disproved when his mother said he was at home, at the time they supposedly saw him outside the apartment. I would take the word of Mrs Murat, before I took the word of Tanner and O'Brian, both of them chopped and changed their statements, regarding the alleged abductor and the checks on Madeleine.

None of the residents of PDL who were there on the night said Robert Murat was there.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveT Fri 28 Jun - 22:34

AnnaEsse,

Strange that!
SteveT
SteveT
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 602
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 28 Jun - 23:31

AnnaEsse wrote:
kathybelle wrote:I'd like to know why Robert Murat is still being suspected of involvement in Madeleine's disappearance, by some people. Apart from the British Journalist, who reported him for acting suspiciously, when he was translating for the police, the only others who made allegations against him, were Jane Tanner and Russell O'Brian.

None of the residents of PDL who were there on the night said Robert Murat was there.

And believe me, had he been there that night, the residents would shout it from the roof tops because everyone knows him.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Sat 29 Jun - 6:07

Claudia79 wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

And believe me, had he been there that night, the residents would shout it from the roof tops because everyone knows him.
Yes, but only mccanns friends saw him...like they saw the invisible Tanner and the invisible Tanner saw the non existent eggface abductor, who she indentified as Murat..'because the way he walked'. Hmmmm.... with the invisible long hair in the neck.... and so on....Channel 5 now!!  Murat is on 738116
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Sat 29 Jun - 7:18

weissnicht wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

Yes, but only mccanns friends saw him...like they saw the invisible Tanner and the invisible Tanner saw the non existent eggface abductor, who she indentified as Murat..'because the way he walked'. Hmmmm.... with the invisible long hair in the neck.... and so on....Channel 5 now!!  Murat is on 738116

I honestly don't know how Tanner wasn't charged with wasting police time, because it was quite obvious she saw no one and the purpose of her lies was to protect the McCanns.

What about this description, given by a British holiday maker Gail Cooper.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/uknews/5982953/Madeleine-McCann-E-fits-of-suspects.html?image=2

He was a dead ringer for George Harrison.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sat 29 Jun - 9:46

How does Carlos know what evidence SY have, would they really divulge to him or others what they have, for him to do just what he is doing now telling all?

Gerry looked terrible back at the end of April never seen him like that before, SY are on to something that I'm 100% sure of. The McCans are finished, no money no celeb friends and def no Government help any longer AIMO
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Sat 29 Jun - 9:59

lilly morning - i agree the mucks are finnished - the worm turned -press - the madeleine was crying over a hrs and a half was a good one to stop the me me me interviews said it before say it again - the review was to shut the mcanns up - its taken a while but think they just might have the message now
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sat 29 Jun - 12:00

Lillyofthevalley wrote:How does Carlos know what evidence SY have, would they really divulge to him or others what they have, for him to do just what he is doing now telling all?

Gerry looked terrible back at the end of April never seen him like that before, SY are on to something that I'm 100% sure of. The McCans are finished, no money no celeb friends and def no Government help any longer AIMO

Well, if they wanted to pressure the PJ to reopen the investigation they obviously had to tell what 'evidence' they had. And it's everything but evidence.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Palmeras16 Sat 29 Jun - 15:01

In addition to Fiona Payne, Rachel Oldfield and Russell O'Brien, who claimed to have seen Robert Murat outside the McCann apartment that night, there were five other witnesses who also thought they had seen him. Charlotte Pennington, Annie Wiltshire and Jayne Jensen plus two others, whose names I can't recall.
Palmeras16
Palmeras16
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 275
Warning :
Channel 5 now!!  Murat is on Left_bar_bleue66 / 10066 / 100Channel 5 now!!  Murat is on Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Sat 29 Jun - 19:03

His mother says he was at home with her...so someone, or more than one person, is either mistaken or lying...they can't all be right.
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Sat 29 Jun - 19:53

Angelina wrote:His mother says he was at home with her...so someone, or more than one person, is either mistaken or lying...they can't all be right.

I'll lay odds that if  someone made a genuine mistake, when they reported seeing Robert Murat outside the apartment, they mistook him for David Payne. The ones who I believe lied were Fiona Payne, Rachel Oldfield and Russell O'Brian and maybe some of the others.

I believe Robert Murat was telling the truth, when he said he was at home with his mother, purely because every time he was questioned, he cooperated fully with the PJ. Anyway, if Robert Murat was seen outside the apartment, he would have had no need to lie, because from what I can gather, he frequently passed the apartment, when he was going about his business.

In my opinion, if Robert Murat had been seen outside the apartment, he would probably have been walking, not hanging around. Also, If he'd had been involved with Madeleine's disappearance, he would have kept a low profile. He would not have helped the police with their translation problems, he would have made an excuse, not to help them.

In my opinion, more muck has been thrown at him than the McCanns. People seem to resent the fact that he got money from the newspaper groups. Why shouldn't he have got this money? He had more right to this money than the McCanns and their Tapas mates. I think his mother should have also got money, for the distress that was caused to her, each time the police searched her house and garden.

While the police were busy searching Mrs Murat's house and garden, the McCanns were flitting here there and everywhere. In and out of Portugal, doing anything but search for Madeleine.

Does anyone know if  the McCanns apartment, was searched as many times as Mrs Murat's home and garden?

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/murat--payne.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/PAYNEMURAT.htm&h=495&w=460&sz=31&tbnid=69kjZymaKC7ICM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=84&prev=/search%3Fq%3Ddavid%2Bpayne%2Band%2Brobert%2BMurat%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=david+payne+and+robert+Murat&usg=__Q3kDboLZ-gmEh4jT4NGG3DXA0KI=&docid=yW9M2i7-H2a1LM&hl=en-GB&sa=X&ei=1ijPUaSwN8a9Pc6SgLgF&ved=0CEMQ9QEwAw&dur=542
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Mon 1 Jul - 12:56

Palmeras16 wrote:In addition to Fiona Payne, Rachel Oldfield and Russell O'Brien, who claimed to have seen Robert Murat outside the McCann apartment that night, there were five other witnesses who also thought they had seen him. Charlotte Pennington, Annie Wiltshire and Jayne Jensen plus two others, whose names I can't recall.

Didn't Annie Wiltshire and Jayne Jensen climb out of the woodwork a few years after the event?
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 1 Jul - 13:28

What I find significant is:-

1. Brunt from Sky turns up in Portugal just when SY have asked the PJ if the case could go to Trial depending on the results of their further enquiries in the U.K. .

2. James Murray from the Daily Express turns up in Portugal to interview Murat at roughly the same time

3. The Home Office has granted more money to aid the search for these supposed "persons of interest"

4. TV channel 4 or 5 has also taken an interest .

5. The McCanns sudden statement that they are considering suing Halligen when they know he is back in the U.S. and they had almost 2 years to do that while he was in the U.K.

6. No news on Kate's book which was meant to be published April/May.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 1 Jul - 14:11

Keela: this is the earliest mention of the sisters that I can find; certainly not years later.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-504950/British-witnesses-We-saw-blond-men-balcony-Madeleine-apartment.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 1 Jul - 14:49

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Keela: this is the earliest mention of the sisters that I can find; certainly not years later.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-504950/British-witnesses-We-saw-blond-men-balcony-Madeleine-apartment.html

Hi NBY.....I'm a bit confused....no comment please. These sisters said they saw these two man on a Balcony, the empty apartment was on the ground floor , no Balcony there.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Palmeras16 Mon 1 Jul - 15:07

Palmeras16 wrote:In addition to Fiona Payne, Rachel Oldfield and Russell O'Brien, who claimed to have seen Robert Murat outside the McCann apartment that night, there were five other witnesses who also thought they had seen him. Charlotte Pennington, Annie Wiltshire and Jayne Jensen plus two others, whose names I can't recall.

The barrister who corroborated Annie Wiltshire and Jayne Jensens claim of having seen Murat that night was called Rajinder Balu, I believe.
Palmeras16
Palmeras16
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :
Channel 5 now!!  Murat is on Left_bar_bleue66 / 10066 / 100Channel 5 now!!  Murat is on Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 1 Jul - 15:24

Palmeras16 wrote:

The barrister who corroborated Annie Wiltshire and Jayne Jensens claim of having seen Murat that night was called Rajinder Balu, I believe.

Hi Palmeras16, thanks, was the Barrister another witness that night , if not why would the sisters need a Barrister to corroborate their story?

I do wonder if Murat was seen at the gate of 5a that night, why would he be drawing attention to himself by giving interviews?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 1 Jul - 16:21

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 1 Jul - 16:36

Not Born Yesterday wrote:He was a witness.

www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RAJ_BALU.htm

Thanks NBY, have a look at the dates, his testimony was signed in 2007 , but the meeting with Lp was in 2008???

I thought there was supposed to be two Blond Fellas on the Verandah looking suspicious , this guy is obviously Foreign. Oh, I don't know none of it makes sense. Channel 5 now!!  Murat is on 25346 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Palmeras16 Mon 1 Jul - 18:52

Panda wrote:Palmeras16, thanks, was the Barrister another witness that night , if not why would the sisters need a Barrister to corroborate their story?

He was an independent witness, Panda, who also claimed to have seen Murat smoking a cigarette near the McCann's apartment that night. That's what I meant by corroborate, sorry to confuse. There was one other person who claimed to have seen him and that may have been Neil Berry, but that's just a guess on my part.
Palmeras16
Palmeras16
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next