Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tom Watson has resigned from his post in shadow cabinet.

Go down

Tom Watson has resigned from his post in shadow cabinet. Empty Tom Watson has resigned from his post in shadow cabinet.

Post  Panda Sat 6 Jul - 19:14

LABOUR MP TOM WATSON WRITES BIZARRE RESIGNATION LETTER

LOVEFiLM Free Trial

ABOVE: Tom Watson resigned from his post in the shadow cabinet

And if you want to see an awesome band, I recommend Drenge

Tom Watson

5th July 2013

By Andy Wells

LABOUR big beast Tom Watson has resigned from the shadow cabinet, and penned a slightly odd letter to leader Ed Miliband.

ABOVE:

Watson's letter contained some bizarre ramblings and even a recommendation of a band that he feels his leader should listen to.

He gushed to Miliband: "I’m proud of your Buddha-like qualities of patience, deep thought, compassion and resolve.

"I remain your loyal servant. I’ll always be on hand to help you if you need me.

"I just don’t think you need me in the Shadow Cabinet any more.

"After nearly thirty years of this, I feel like I’ve seen the merry-go-round turn too many times.

"Whereas the Shadow Cabinet’s for people who still want to get dizzy."

He then made his musical recommendation.

Watson added: "John Humphrys asked me why you were not at Glastonbury this weekend.

"I said Labour leaders can’t be seen standing in muddy fields listening to bands.

"And then I thought how terribly sad that this is true.

"So: be that great Labour leader that you can be, but try to have a real life too.

"And if you want to see an awesome band, I recommend Drenge."

Watson, who played a key part in bringing phone-hacking claims to light, quit his post as general election co-ordinator in the wake of the growing Falkirk candidate selection scandal.

It's claimed that the Unite union is attempting to use its influence to "stitch up" the process to get their favoured candidates in roles so that they can have more influence over Labour policies.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Tom Watson has resigned from his post in shadow cabinet. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tom Watson has resigned from his post in shadow cabinet. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum