Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

British police denied access to vital DNA clues

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: British police denied access to vital DNA clues

Post  Panda on Mon 8 Jul - 7:54

I will never understand how these Parents were not involved in physically searching. I seem to remember all the Tapas Men were out searching but no mention of Gerry. There was plenty of Female support to look after the twins if Kate had wanted to join in the search , it would be a natural reaction .

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool on Mon 8 Jul - 21:48

The real mother of a missing child would be asking 'What more can I Do'?
Not refuse to answer questions.
Not insult and belittle the police, holiday makers and local residents who went out in the DARK searching for a child they didn't know.
Not write a bewk giving graphic descriptions of her missing child's private parts.
But never mind, the money was always handy.

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13244
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  dutchclogs on Mon 8 Jul - 21:56

AnnaEsse wrote:
Crown Prosecution Service lawyers are being forced to submit a formal request for the evidence.

And why shouldn't they? It's still a Portuguese investigation. The PJ asked for certain information from the UK authorities: medical records; financial records. But these were denied. The PJ also had to submit formal requests for the rogatory interviews and the British police took their time to get those organised and then allowed the witnesses not only to read their own previous statements, but each others'. The Portuguese have been vilified in the UK press and the principle players refused to co-operate, so if the Brits want the evidence, they can ask properly, though I am dubious about how they would handle the items.

Well said Anna

dutchclogs
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1062
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle on Mon 8 Jul - 21:59

If Kate McCann was speaking the truth, when Jane Hill asked her if she wanted to join the locals, who stayed off work for more than a week to look for Madeleine, she implied to Jane that neither of them searched for Madeleine.

Kate said "I wanted to, but for the first 48hrs WE were non functioning". If Gerry had gone to look for Madeleine, I feel sure Kate would have said, "Gerry looked, but I didn't, because I was non functioning" In my book that is fine, because at least one of the McCanns had looked for Madeleine.

Do I believe any of the Tapas men looked for Madeleine? No I don't, however, that doesn't mean I'm right. áThe only way anyone would know if any of the Tapas men, were out looking for Madeleine, is if they saw the timelines, that the McCanns and their friends wrote on the blank pages of Madeleine's colouring/exercise book.

In my opinion, everyone who wrote the timeline, would have identified themselves. If they didn't identify themselves, there would have been no point in them writing the timeline. If there are no men's names on the timelines, then they were probably out looking for Madeleine.

Kate told the media more than once that THEY had never looked for Madeleine. Goncalo Amaral, was also aware that they had never looked for Madeleine, because this was one of the reasons they suspected the McCanns story of Madeleine's disappearance, wasn't as it seemed.

When Kate wrote her book, it was serialised in at least one tabloid. She said that she and her husband did look for Madeleine and they were the only ones looking for her. She made the same comments, when she was interviewed during the time she was promoting her book. If this was the case, she would have said to Jane Hill in her 2007 interview, "We did search for Madeleine and we were the only ones looking for her".

kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti on Tue 9 Jul - 7:17

For some reason the mccanns went out at 6am when they knew the GNR had been searching all night through to the morning for Madeleine and had just a finished the first round off searches...

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Human Rights Brigade at it again

Post  Panda on Tue 9 Jul - 7:27

9 July 2013 Last updated at 00:05 Share this pageEmail Print Share this page

457ShareFacebookTwitter.European Court to rule on Jeremy Bamber life term Jeremy Bamber's appeal is being heard with that of two other men Continue reading the main story
Related Stories
Bamber appeals against life term
Whole life prison terms upheld

The European Court of Human Rights is due to rule on whether murderer Jeremy Bamber and two other killers should have their life sentences reviewed.

Bamber, along with serial killer Peter Moore and Douglas Vinter, argue that the whole life tariff is "inhuman".

The court has previously ruled that such sentences do not violate a prisoner's human rights, but the matter was referred to its grand chamber for the final say.

The ruling is expected at 09:30 BST.

The three men are among a group of 49 people in England and Wales who are serving whole life tariffs.

This means they cannot be released other than at the discretion of the justice secretary on compassionate grounds - for example, if they are terminally ill or seriously incapacitated.

They claim that being denied any prospect of release amounts to "inhuman and degrading" treatment and this is a violation of Article 3 of the European Convention on Human Rights.

They say they should be entitled to have their tariffs reviewed.

Continue reading the main story
What is a whole life tariff?
Offenders who receive a whole life tariff cannot be released other than at the discretion of the justice secretary on compassionate grounds - for example, if they are terminally ill or seriously incapacitated
They are not eligible for a parole review or release
However, prisoners can have their sentence reduced on appeal
The sentence is reserved for offenders judged to be the most dangerous to society
49 people are currently serving whole life tariffs
These include the Yorkshire Ripper Peter Sutcliffe and Moors Murderer Ian Brady
Serial killer Rosemary West is the only women currently serving a whole life sentence
The most recent murderers to receive the sentence are Mark Bridger, who killed five-year-old April Jones, and Dale Cregan who murdered two police officers

The case was referred to the grand chamber after the men narrowly lost their first European Court hearing in 2012: three of the seven judges ruled in their favour.

The court's first ruling concluded that the men's sentences were not "grossly disproportionate".

Bamber was jailed for murdering five members of his family in Essex in 1985.

He has always protested his innocence and claims his schizophrenic sister Sheila Caffell shot her family before turning the gun on herself.

Moore killed four gay men for his sexual gratification in north Wales in 1995.

In 2008, Vinter, from Middlesbrough, admitted killing his wife Anne White. He had been released from prison in 2005 after serving nine years for murdering a colleague.

Last year, the Court of Appeal in London upheld the principle of whole life sentences for the most dangerous of offenders, saying it did not breach human rights.

At the time, the Lord Chief Justice said jail without the possibility of release should be "reserved for the few exceptionally serious offences".

He said judges must be convinced those sentenced to whole life need to be held forever for punishment and retribution.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle on Tue 9 Jul - 8:00

kitti wrote:For some reason the mccanns went out at 6am when they knew the GNR had been searching all night through to the morning for Madeleine and had just a finished the first round off searches...

The McCanns were seen at 6am by a police officer, close to the HQ set up by the Portuguese police. However this doesn't mean they were searching. Kate told the media they never searched for Madeleine, The PJ were told they never searched. Why would the McCanns say they didn't search if they did search?

The time for searching for Madeleine was when her mother discovered she had gone (always assuming she was speaking the truth). This didn't happen, because the McCanns and their friends, all returned to the McCanns apartment, to sort out their timelines. If the McCanns were so concerned about Madeleine, at least one of them would have searched every nook and cranny around PDL, in case she had been dumped by whoever took her. The fact they did nothing to find her, speaks volumes about their version of what happened to her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YWCVSjIJk8

kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 16:32