Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Algarve Resident

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Algarve Resident

Post  Annabel on Sat 27 Jul - 18:10

Algarve Resident


latest update: 26-Jul-2013 17:54:44

British police return to Algarve in Madeleine case




http://www.algarveresident.com/0-54224/algarve/british-police-return-to-algarve-in-madeleine-case

An elite squad of British detectives is due to visit Praia da Luz this month to investigate new links in the Madeleine McCann case.

The officers, from Scotland Yard in the UK, plan to interrogate witnesses, possible suspects, make house searches where necessary and even implement the power of arrest should they obtain permission from the Portuguese authorities.

The new move has come about after the head of the investigation in Scotland Yard linked with Portuguese lawyers in order to clarify the most efficient way of sifting new evidence to solve the mystery of her disappearance, and whether the Portuguese police would be willing to collaborate in the case.

British police announced two weeks ago that 38 people of interest had been identified. The individuals believed to be connected with the case are living in five different European countries, but the majority are British citizens who have been resident in the Algarve for a number of years.

British police have already been in the Algarve 16 times since 2008 when the case was placed on the files by the Portuguese police, who were criticised in the UK press for the way they handled the investigation.

So far, the Madeleine case, named “Operation Grange” has cost €5.3 million.

After the Portuguese closed the file through lack of evidence in 2008, the British Government ordered the case to be re-opened as a result of new leads and theories that came to light.

Scotland Yard chief inspector Andy Redwood, who is heading the inquiry, said: “We believe that she can still be alive.”

Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Location : Europe
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Algarve Resident

Post  Karen on Sat 27 Jul - 22:33

 

Duplicate thread Annabel - same as FRONT PAGE Daily Express - UPDATE - Algarve Resident  

Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Location : The Netherlands
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Algarve Resident

Post  T4two on Sun 28 Jul - 1:32

Expats writing for a certain kind of expat. If you ever decide to live outside the UK and become an expat yourself, then my advice to you is to learn the local language and make friends with the idigenous population. Take an interest in the local culture and read local newspapers in the local language - it certainly helps you to put a new perspective on things. Whilst there are obviously a lot of nice expats around in any country you choose to live in, my opinion for what it's worth is that it's best to keep away from the organized tribe of expats; you know, the ones who like nothing better than to meet up at the club with their contempories and slag off the local populace of whichever country they're living in. E.M. Forster was writing about this very British kind of colonial snobbery way back in 1924. The Algarve Resident proves time and time again that not much has changed since then and that the kind of blind bigotry he was writing about is alive and thriving with the organized expats and their newspaper in Portugal to this day. After all we must assume that the Algarve Resident is writing for what it considers to be the majority of its readership. What a crying shame that there is nobody behind the Algarve Resident with the guts or the decency to stand up and question the 'official' version of events instead of spewing out the same old same old ad infinitum. They could have done it and be damned - it would have been a great marketing ploy.

T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Age : 68
Location : Germany/England
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Algarve Resident

Post  Annabel on Sun 28 Jul - 11:27

Karen wrote: 

Duplicate thread Annabel - same as FRONT PAGE Daily Express - UPDATE - Algarve Resident  

Ooops, I had missed that! 

Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Location : Europe
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Algarve Resident

Post  Panda on Sun 28 Jul - 11:50

Great minds think alike T4two......


"After the Portuguese closed the file through lack of evidence in 2008, the British Government ordered the case to be re-opened as a result of new leads and theories that came to light."


Since when has the British Government the right to dictate what the PJ must do?????

This article is not worth the paper it is written on.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Algarve Resident

Post  jeanmonroe on Sun 28 Jul - 12:21

I don't get it!

"the British Government ordered the case to be re-opened as a result of new leads and theories that came to light."

"ordered the case to be re-opened as a result of new leads and THEORIES"

THEORIES?..................... PLURAL?
MORE than ONE?

How can a case be re-opened because of a NEW THEORY?

There can be no new theory, the McCanns have stated categorgically, ad nauseum, that Madeleine 'WAS abducted'!

NO if's, no but's, there is just ONE explanation/theory from the mouths of McCanns................ABDUCTION, ABDUCTION, ABDUCTION!

What NEW "THEORY" or "THEORIES" could there possibly be?

The ONLY new theory i can think of that SY must HAVE is that Madeleine was NOT 'abducted'!

There can be a one NEW theory to explain "HOW she's not here" as GM SAID outside Lisbon Court, but that isn't one the McCanns are too keen on being 'investigated'!

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id306.html
UR4: I'm not saying that... I don't know anything, I'm just standing from a point of view where I don't know who to believe; I just want evidence, like you say.
GM: Where... where, you know... where is... where... where is... where is... where is the child? We're looking for that evidence. Where is the child? What OTHER explanation can explain how she's not here.?

And, and, MORE than ONE "new" THEORY!

AND WHY WASN'T THE CASE RE-OPENED WHEN THE PJ STATED THEIR "THEORY" AS TO WHAT MIGHT HAVE HAPPENED TO MADELEINE?

So case re-opened when SY have a new theory but not when the PJ have a theory?

Somebody tell me, please, because i really don't get it!


Last edited by jeanmonroe on Sun 28 Jul - 13:36; edited 1 time in total

jeanmonroe
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 996
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Algarve Resident

Post  Panda on Sun 28 Jul - 13:25

jeanmonroe,

Redwood is trying to justify the £5.3 million spent which has proved a colossal waste of public Money , Cameron will have to take the blame for this because he went over Theresa May's Head...she was considering a scope. Not being nasty , but Redwood doesn't look very intelligent , wouldn't you say.?

He has no business giving all these Press interviews , the Portugese won't like it one bit.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Algarve Resident

Post  wjk on Sun 28 Jul - 14:03

Why do the Brits think they can throw their weight around whenever and wherever they want?
Its so embarrassing, it really is!

wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7812
Age : 51
Location : Manchester
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Algarve Resident

Post  Panda on Sun 28 Jul - 14:23

wjk wrote:Why do the Brits think they can throw their weight around whenever and wherever they want?
Its so embarrassing, it really is!

I agree wjk and the teenage Holidaymakers are an embarassment , the drunken brawls, damage etc. I was on Holiday in Los Christianos a couple of years ago, lovely Hotel, Food etc, but it is known as the 18 to 25yrs and it was bedlam trying to get some sleep . Ten girls were evicted, one lad threw a chair from the first floor window of his room into the Pool!!!

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Algarve Resident

Post  kitti on Sun 28 Jul - 14:46

how    can this   farce   carry  on.......13  places where blood  or  cadaverine  were  found only associated  to  the mccanns.....NOT 1 BUT    13   places......yet   SY  are   THICK as  SHIT

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Algarve Resident

Post  Panda on Sun 28 Jul - 15:28

kitti wrote:how    can this   farce   carry  on.......13  places where blood  or  cadaverine  were  found only associated  to  the mccanns.....NOT 1 BUT    13   places......yet   SY  are   THICK as  SHIT

Hi kitti, one thing that bothers me though is, if , as we have always contended , the McCanns received so much support from Government , why are SY prolonging this Review???? All they had to do was report that there was no evidence of the Portugese being negligent and the Portugese would have been very happy to close the case.

Down , all we are left with is a Report suggesting"persons of interest" need to be ruled out. Three are supposedly from other Countries , just how much longer is all this going to take and if they come up with nothing and the Bill is £6 or 7 million, Cameron will be toast.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Algarve Resident

Post  fred on Sun 28 Jul - 16:54

Panda wrote:
wjk wrote:Why do the Brits think they can throw their weight around whenever and wherever they want?
Its so embarrassing, it really is!

I agree wjk and the teenage Holidaymakers are an embarassment , the drunken brawls, damage etc. I was on Holiday in Los Christianos a couple of years ago, lovely Hotel, Food etc, but it is known as the 18 to 25yrs and it was bedlam trying to get some sleep . Ten girls were evicted, one lad threw a chair from the first floor window of his room into the Pool!!!

I remember a few years ago, the Greek Ambassador resigning as he was so fed up/ashamed of how the young Brits were behaving in Corfu and the like.

fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4824
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Algarve Resident

Post  Panda on Sun 28 Jul - 17:10

fred wrote:
Panda wrote:
wjk wrote:Why do the Brits think they can throw their weight around whenever and wherever they want?
Its so embarrassing, it really is!

I agree wjk and the teenage Holidaymakers are an embarassment , the drunken brawls, damage etc. I was on Holiday in Los Christianos a couple of years ago, lovely Hotel, Food etc, but it is known as the 18 to 25yrs and it was bedlam trying to get some sleep . Ten girls were evicted, one lad threw a chair from the first floor window of his room into the Pool!!!

I remember a few years ago, the Greek Ambassador resigning as he was so fed up/ashamed of how the young Brits were behaving in Corfu and the like.

HI Fred, I feel ashamed to be British when I see the way these young a***holes behave . I was asking one of the Waiters why Management put up with these yobbos...he said they need the money .

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Algarve Resident

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:27


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum