Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Scotland Yard

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Scotland Yard

Post  kathybelle on Sun 28 Jul - 23:49

I am so sick of seeing the McCanns appear to be getting away with their crime, that I am in the process of sending an email to Scotland Yard. I can't send it, until I have said on here what I have written in the email, purely because I have to keep going back to the email. The email is being sent to General Inquiries, because I can't find anywhere else to send it, on the S.Y. website. Below is what I have said in the email...

Dear Sir/Madam

Please forward my email, to the relevant department.

I would like to know, when the review/investigation team, are not investigating Kate and Gerry McCann, for the disappearance of their daughter Madeleine! The Portuguese and United Kingdom police, have only got the McCanns word, that Madeleine was abducted. The McCanns, by their own admission, did not search for Madeleine, don't you think that this was strange?

There are many factors, in the files, that show the McCanns played a major part in Madeleine's disappearance, but Scotland Yard don't appear to care about these factors, they seem intent on blaming Madeleine's disappearance, on anyone but the McCanns.

I'm not some armchair detective, I'm someone who has followed this case from day one. My views are shared by many people across the internet and many people would share their views through the media, if the media were allowed to print our views in the newspapers.

Scotland Yard, have not only tried to make the PJ look like numpties, by ignoring the information in the files, they have tried to make one of their dog handling colleagues look like a numpty, by ignoring the evidence, that Eddie and Keela, his two sniffer dogs, found in the McCanns apartment and their hire car.

I feel I am entitled to make my views known to Scotland Yard, because I am a British Taxpayer and my taxes are paying for this review/ investigation, which in my opinion, is taking place for one reason only and that is to exonerate the McCanns.

I am sick and tired of hearing Andy Redwood, telling the media, that the McCanns are of no interest to the review/investigative team, when it is quite clear, that the McCanns should be persons of interest to Scotland Yard. If only for the fact that the McCanns told the media and the PJ that they were not with Madeleine when she disappeared. They then told the media and PJ, that they never looked for Madeleine.

Andy Redwood is insulting the PJ, when he keeps saying the McCanns are of no interest to the team. The PJ worked hard, when they tried to find out what happened to Madeleine. At the moment, I feel like Madeleine will never receive justice and I think I have spelled out why I feel this way, in my email to Scotland Yard.

Yours sincerely

**** ******

I've just sent the email, I'll let you know if I receive a reply.


kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Age : 70
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard

Post  tanszi on Mon 29 Jul - 0:01

Hiya Kathybelle, id love to learn of the gist of the response when you get it.

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3098
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard

Post  kathybelle on Mon 29 Jul - 0:17

tanszi wrote:Hiya Kathybelle, id love to learn of the gist of the response when you get it.  

Hi Tanszi, if I do get a reply, I'll put the contents on here. To be honest, I should receive a reply, with some kind of explanation, because my money, along with the money of other taxpayers, is paying for this review.

If I don't receive a reply, or if I receive a reply, that doesn't answer any of the facts I have pointed out in my email, I will be sending Scotland Yard another email, registering my disgust at them for not replying to my email, or not commenting on the gist of my email. I will also tell them, that they have confirmed my fears, that the whole point of this review/ investigation, is to exonerate the McCanns. I will tell them that I hope they can sleep easy in their beds, knowing that the outcome of the review, has not brought the people who instigated Madeleine's disappearance, to justice.

kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Age : 70
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard

Post  Panda on Mon 29 Jul - 1:56

Hi kathybelle, I sent an email to SY a while ago asking if they were going to HMP to interview Kevin Halligen while he was in Prison regarding the £300,000 the Madeleine Fund paid him . The usual reply, "cannot supply this information ", 10 days later, Halligen is extradited!!!!!! Another Government attempt to protect the McCanns.??

It you don't get a reply to your email , go to "whatdotheyknow" and compose another one there, they will send it on to SY and advise you of a response.

Can I suggest you write as a donor to the Fund and a taxpayer concerned at the cost of this review/exercise.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard

Post  kathybelle on Mon 29 Jul - 7:35

Panda wrote:Hi kathybelle, I sent an email to SY a while ago asking if they were going to HMP to interview Kevin Halligen while he was in Prison regarding the £300,000 the Madeleine Fund paid him . The usual reply, "cannot supply this information ", 10 days later, Halligen is extradited!!!!!!  Another Government  attempt to protect the McCanns.??  

It you don't get a reply to your email , go to "whatdotheyknow" and compose another one there, they will send it on to SY and advise you of a response.

Can I suggest you write as a donor to the Fund and a taxpayer concerned at the cost of this review/exercise.

Good morning Panda

Thank you for telling me where to go, if I don't get a reply to my email. In my email, I did say to Scotland Yard, that as a British taxpayer, I was entitled to make my views known. At this moment in time, I still haven't received an acknowledgement of my email, but that may come later, when the person who deals with it, comes on duty. I'm not expecting anything more than an acknowledgement from S.Y. but if I do get an acknowledgement, it will prove that my email has been looked at, even if it is binned.

I'm hoping that if I do receive an acknowledgement from S.Y. they will tell me that they cannot comment on this case. I will then reply and ask S.Y. that if they cannot make any comment to me, regarding the case, how come Andy Redwood is making comments about the case to the media, including the comments that the McCanns are not persons of interest to him?

If I don't receive a reply from S.Y. I will definitely go on to the 'whatdotheyknow' website and I will say that as a taxpayer, I am concerned not just at the cost of the review/investigation, but the fact that no other person of a missing child, has had the help the McCanns have had. I will tell S.Y. that it's appalling to think that the parents of Madeleine, who instigated her disappearance, have been treated with kid gloves and anyone who dares speak out about them, risk being sued.

kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Age : 70
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard

Post  Panda on Mon 29 Jul - 8:05

kathybelle wrote:
Panda wrote:Hi kathybelle, I sent an email to SY a while ago asking if they were going to HMP to interview Kevin Halligen while he was in Prison regarding the £300,000 the Madeleine Fund paid him . The usual reply, "cannot supply this information ", 10 days later, Halligen is extradited!!!!!!  Another Government  attempt to protect the McCanns.??  

It you don't get a reply to your email , go to "whatdotheyknow" and compose another one there, they will send it on to SY and advise you of a response.

Can I suggest you write as a donor to the Fund and a taxpayer concerned at the cost of this review/exercise.

Good morning Panda

Thank you for telling me where to go, if I don't get a reply to my email. In my email, I did say to Scotland Yard, that as a British taxpayer, I was entitled to make my views known. At this moment in time, I still haven't received an acknowledgement of my email, but that may come later, when the person who deals with it, comes on duty. I'm not expecting anything more than an acknowledgement from S.Y. but if I do get an acknowledgement, it will prove that my email has been looked at, even if it is binned.

I'm hoping that if I do receive an acknowledgement from S.Y. they will tell me that they cannot comment on this case. I will then reply and ask S.Y. that if they cannot make any comment to me, regarding the case, how come Andy Redwood is making comments about the case to the media, including the comments that the McCanns are not persons of interest to him?

If I don't receive a reply from S.Y. I will definitely go on to the 'whatdotheyknow' website and I will say that as a taxpayer, I am concerned not just at the cost of the review/investigation, but the fact that no other person of a missing child, has had the help the McCanns have had. I will tell S.Y. that it's appalling to think that the parents of Madeleine, who instigated her disappearance, have been treated with kid gloves and anyone who dares speak out about them, risk being sued.

Morning kathybelle, Good for you!! the more people who air their views will maybe sit up and take notice. The US has a far more open approach than the UK about freedom of information , I bet you get a "cannot comment" reply.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard

Post  margaret on Mon 29 Jul - 12:59

I agree kathybelle, my dad always says 'if you don't complain nothing will ever change'.

Hope you get a good response!

margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard

Post  DavidA on Mon 29 Jul - 13:31

It is a good idea. I think it will be best to remove personal feeling and and include facts. The police officer that receives the letter may not know the details of the case.

I think also a topic here with known facts or evidence that demonstrate why many believe the McCanns are not innocent maybe is a good idea.

DavidA
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 382
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard

Post  jeanmonroe on Mon 29 Jul - 14:48

If you don't get a reply it will probably be because there is no one in the office.

The entire 'team' will be in sunny Portugal on holiday, er, umm, erm i mean studiously investigating the new theory that the McS were allegedly involved, er, um i mean had absolutely nothing to do with the child's 'disappearance'

jeanmonroe
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 996
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard

Post  Panda on Mon 29 Jul - 15:12

jeanmonroe wrote:If you don't get a reply it will probably be because there is no one in the office.

The entire 'team' will be in sunny Portugal on holiday, er, umm, erm i mean studiously investigating the new theory that the McS were allegedly involved, er, um i mean had absolutely nothing to do with the child's 'disappearance'

I think someone should write to Theresa May at the Home office. I would but wrote to her last year about the Review , so this time it should be about the Investigation , suggesting the premise for it being made an investigation has to be that enough evidence has been gathered that Redwood is confident Madeleine's disappearance will be solved. The cost to the Taxpayer is far in excess of the £3 million earmarked initially blah blah blah. You will get a polite reply from her Secratary, but more importantly they will be aware of public criticism, who is going to volunteer.?

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard

Post  kathybelle on Tue 30 Jul - 9:19

DavidA wrote:It is a good idea. I think it will be best to remove personal feeling and and include facts. The police officer that receives the letter may not know the details of the case.

I think also a topic here with known facts or evidence that demonstrate why many believe the McCanns are not innocent maybe is a good idea.

Good morning DavidA

In my email, I explained that the facts of this case are in the files, so if by chance my email has been opened by a police officer who doesn't know the details of the case, he will be able to access the internet to look at the files. However the chances of a police officer, not knowing the details of the case are very remote.

Regarding my personal feelings about this case, apart from wanting to give my personal views because along with many other taxpayers, I am paying for this review, I think it shows that I have some compassion for the missing child. I was also married to a police officer, in the 60's/70's and I know from experience, that most police officers are compassionate, when a case comes to hand that involves children.

kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Age : 70
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard

Post  kathybelle on Tue 30 Jul - 9:29

Panda wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:If you don't get a reply it will probably be because there is no one in the office.

The entire 'team' will be in sunny Portugal on holiday, er, umm, erm i mean studiously investigating the new theory that the McS were allegedly involved, er, um i mean had absolutely nothing to do with the child's 'disappearance'

I think someone should write to Theresa May at the Home office. I would but wrote to her last year about the Review , so this time it should be about the Investigation , suggesting the premise for it being made an investigation has to be that enough evidence has been gathered that Redwood is confident Madeleine's disappearance will be solved. The cost to the Taxpayer is far in excess of the £3 million earmarked initially   blah blah blah. You will get a polite reply from her Secratary, but more importantly they will be aware of public criticism, who is going to volunteer.?

Good morning Panda

At this moment in time, I haven't received a reply from Scotland Yard. I haven't even received an acknowledgement of my email, however they must be inundated with emails, so I'm happy to wait a little longer.

I have emailed Theresa May a couple of times about this case. The last time I emailed her, was regarding the 'fund to find Madeleine.' I can't remember my exact words, but I received a reply which said nothing, other than Mrs May had read my email. I had to be satisfied with that reply after all, the purpose of my email was for Mrs May to read the contents of my email.

However, while I like to think Mrs May read my email, the chances of this being true, are pretty remote.

kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Age : 70
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard

Post  kathybelle on Tue 30 Jul - 9:33

jeanmonroe wrote:If you don't get a reply it will probably be because there is no one in the office.

The entire 'team' will be in sunny Portugal on holiday, er, umm, erm i mean studiously investigating the new theory that the McS were allegedly involved, er, um i mean had absolutely nothing to do with the child's 'disappearance'

Morning Jeanmonroe

Lol at your post. 


kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Age : 70
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard

Post  kathybelle on Tue 30 Jul - 9:35

margaret wrote:I agree kathybelle, my dad always says 'if you don't complain nothing will ever change'.

Hope you get a good response!

Good morning Margaret

I haven't received a reply from Scotland Yard, not even a 'sod off.' 

kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Age : 70
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard

Post  DavidA on Tue 30 Jul - 9:43

kathybelle wrote:
DavidA wrote:It is a good idea. I think it will be best to remove personal feeling and and include facts. The police officer that receives the letter may not know the details of the case.

I think also a topic here with known facts or evidence that demonstrate why many believe the McCanns are not innocent maybe is a good idea.

Good morning DavidA

In my email, I explained that the facts of this case are in the files, so if by chance my email has been opened by a police officer who doesn't know the details of the case, he will be able to access the internet to look at the files. However the chances of a police officer, not knowing the details of the case are very remote.

Regarding my personal feelings about this case, apart from wanting to give my personal views because along with many other taxpayers, I am paying for this review, I think it shows that I have some compassion for the missing child. I was also married to a police officer, in the 60's/70's and I know from experience, that most police officers are compassionate, when a case comes to hand that involves children.

Hi kathybelle

Yes, I take your point. At least by looking at the files themselves they can get a complete view of the information. Also, I appreciate with this case there are a lot of strong feelings.

Regarding many police officers knowing the details of this case, I am not sure. Most of the views that are based on all the facts available are only online. I would not expect this case is or has been part of the daily work of most UK police officers. Most people will know the details from the main media, but I think we all agree here that that is only a small part of the whole view.

However, I would like to say that I think being proactive is a really good thing, and sending this letter can be only a good thing.

DavidA
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 382
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard

Post  cherry1 on Tue 30 Jul - 10:01

Knowing policemen I would think if you don't get a reply Kathy it is because the whole team are out in Portugal lounging on the beach   or propping up the local bars for liquid refreshment  stuck in the loo   after gorging themselves too much    or busy checking out the local women!  



seriously though well done on contacting them and lets hope you get a reply, and a sensible one at that!





PS for any coppers looking in  just joking of course!

cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6244
Location : Here, there and everywhere
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard

Post  jeanmonroe on Tue 30 Jul - 11:27

Kathybelle wrote:
"said nothing, other than Mrs May had read my email. "

So she won't be able to hide, anytime in the future, behind that 'ol' chestnut' NOBODY TOLD ME!

jeanmonroe
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 996
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard

Post  Sponsored content Today at 19:14


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum