Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Does anyone remember...

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Does anyone remember...

Post  kathybelle on Thu 8 Aug - 1:38

susible wrote:Is it a paper plate?  I had a quick google and I can't find anything like it (didn't try too hard though so maybe someone else can find a similar one) But generally in nurseries they don't go to that much effort for the kids to produce things as they have limited budgets and of course limited time because all of the kids have to produce something, so although most of them do the handprint thing, it's usually just on a piece of paper.

Generally though I'm with lioned, why the heck would they fake something like that...but then again it is the McCanns so nothing would surprise me

The plate isn't made of paper Susible, because Susan Healy, said the plate had a plate hanger with it, so it could be hung on a wall. I would imagine the plate is made of pottery, because Susan Healy says in the link below, that she was frightened of it breaking.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-488694/Madeleines-final-gift-grandma-disappeared.html

I just thinking back to the McCanns tearing blank pages out of Madeleine's book, for themselves and their friends use for their timelines. A thought crossed my mind that they might just regret doing this. Then I remembered the lies that the McCanns told to the Portuguese police, in an attempt to save their own skins. I soon came to the conclusion that the McCanns have probably never given a second thought to preserving Madeleine's book.

kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells on Thu 8 Aug - 4:42

The plate, the writing, the perfect hand imprints all look as false as the paintings on the fridge door in the McC's perfect kitchen.

Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1328
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse on Thu 8 Aug - 7:51

Wintabells wrote:The plate, the writing, the perfect hand imprints all look as false as the paintings on the fridge door in the McC's perfect kitchen.

There is a little shop which I pass quite regularly, where children can paint a mug, a plate or some other ceramic item. Those items are not cheap. I've seen children bringing decorated paper plates from nursery, but never ceramic ones: nurseries don't tend to hand out expensive ceramic plates to decorate. So, was Maddie's nursery extravagantly handing out ceramic plates, complete with hangers, to all of the children or did Maddie take the plate with her to nursery or did that plate appear from somewhere else?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18416
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

hair

Post  joyce1938 on Thu 8 Aug - 8:42

In one lovely picture of said child ,in a red dress sideways on almost ,her hair looked just the way it did if it had been very nicely highlighted ,not brassy just few shades lighter ,but it looked to regular to be just sunkissed hair .oits a beautiful picture seemed to be taken on special day . joyce1938

joyce1938
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 304
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen on Thu 8 Aug - 8:43

Not sure about the UK nursery schools - but some nursery schools in SA have pottery classes for the little ones,  as does my sister who owns one in SA. She has a kiln on her property.

Its usually the older age group that will attempt this - 5-6yrs old.  In SA the little ones start school at six - some starting at pre-primary (nursery school) at 4-5.
With regards to the "fake"handprints - there is ABSOLUTELY no way they are Madeleine's little hands - its BLATENTLY Obvious that these hands are of a young adult or grown adult with small hands.

As a poster mentioned - the size of Ma Healys face and size of handprints are not to scale of a baby.

Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen on Thu 8 Aug - 8:45

kitti wrote:The picture off ma  Healy holding the plate with madeleines hand prints on?

Round her neck is a pendant with a pic off Madeleine ..

She doesn't look very blond in that picture .

Can anyone blow it up at all?

Kitti - do you mind if I take the photo over to facebook for discussion?

Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti on Thu 8 Aug - 10:09

No I don't mind at all.

I would like to see if someone can blow the picture right up and see the pendant picture without blurs...

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti on Thu 8 Aug - 10:10

I would also like to see the 'eye'.

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen on Thu 8 Aug - 10:45

kitti wrote:No I don't mind at all.

I  would like to see if someone can blow the picture right up and see the pendant picture without blurs...

Great - thank you  

Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  susible on Thu 8 Aug - 10:48

Hi Kathybelle, yes I had thought that the plate did look ceramic and from Susan Healy's description, it certainly sounds like it was, I only questioned if it was in fact paper due to the (alleged) fact it had been made at nursery.

This makes it even more unlikely that Madeleine made it at nursery because A) they don't hand out ceramic plates to 3 yr olds at a nursery school and B) it would have to be glazed or covered in clear varnish after the handprints were put on, so that the paint would not just slide off (which it would if poster paint was put directly onto a ceramic plate)

No, I've now got to go with this being, yet another, tall tale about "the life of Madeleine" because there is just no way that standard nursery groups in Leicester would be working with the kids on a project to produce a ceramic plate with handprints on it.

susible
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 282
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret on Thu 8 Aug - 10:55

kitti wrote:I would also like to see the 'eye'.

Yes it looks like that photo to me too, the one in the red dress that was used for the coloboma that never was.

margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu 8 Aug - 10:57

It looks like the sort of plate you make at one of those cafés where you can make your own ceramics. I agree with susible. They don't do such professional looking things at any nursery I have ever seen. All the nursery makes my kids ever brought home were wee cards or maybe something made up with a plastic bottle and macaroni. Not a painted plate which would then have to be glazed and fired in a kiln.

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Thu 8 Aug - 11:01

As I said on another topic, there is absolutely no way in my opinion that Susan Healy and the rest of the unsavoury relatives aren't involved in this farce up to their necks.

They have gone along with all the lies - starting with the "highly noticeable coloboma" which became an insignificant fleck that "they never made much of" - MY ELBOW! - and not said anything critical about the dodgy fund or the McCanns' efforts to silence anyone with the effrontery not to believe them.

Come the revolution - round the lot of them up!

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6695
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti on Thu 8 Aug - 11:34

This is what I don't understand.....especially concerning John Mccanns children.

Knowing that the mccanns from 4th may 2007 put so much emphasis, as a marketing ploy, on madeleines eye THEN denying on the Piers Morgan show that they didn't as it was just a 'speck'...John mccanns children must have an opinion on this, they saw her frequently as IF the 'speck' stood out that much as the Mccanns said it did, what do they think now ....I would like to be a fly on their wall and also, the girl, she was very close to Madeleine , that picture off her crying, how can the lot off them do this to HER, how can John McCann do this to his OWN daughter, lie to her...he must know,...where is he now, the same as video man, disappeared like they have done their job, same as aunty phill, though I do thinks SHE is one off the close family that doesn't know, loose cannon me thinks, too dangerous to let into the secret, I dint think gerrys mother knows either.

I believe ma Healy knows, John McCann definately knows, who would give up a well paid job to be a director (was he unpaid) if he didn't know that she was gone forever ....you could still keep your job and be a director off a company , there are people on my estate who are directors off our management company (unpaid) and do a full time job.

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Thu 8 Aug - 11:40

I don't think it was definite that John McCann left his job, that maybe was a media assumption. His LinkedIn profile doesn't confirm it.

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/john-mccann/11/589/304

Not of course that you can believe what's on everyone's profile, thinking of those of Stephen Birch and Mark Williams-Thomas!

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse on Thu 8 Aug - 11:41

Iris wrote:It looks like the sort of plate you make at one of those cafés where you can make your own ceramics.  I agree with susible.  They don't do such professional looking things at any nursery I have ever seen.  All the nursery makes my kids ever brought home were wee cards or maybe something made up with a plastic bottle and macaroni.  Not a painted plate which would then have to be glazed and fired in a kiln.

That's my thinking, Iris. Paper plates maybe, but expensive ceramic, no.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen on Thu 8 Aug - 12:04

https://sphotos-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s261x260/1001113_10153099628745626_1004999533_n.jpg

If we look at this picture of Madeleine with the tennis balls - one can clearly see - her little hands are tiny - can hardly wrap her little hands around the ball/s

For some reason the pic wont paste.

Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse on Thu 8 Aug - 12:08

Karen wrote:https://sphotos-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s261x260/1001113_10153099628745626_1004999533_n.jpg

If we look at this picture of Madeleine with the tennis balls - one can clearly see - her little hands are tiny - can hardly wrap her little hands around the ball/s

For some reason the pic wont paste.

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen on Thu 8 Aug - 12:12

Thanks AnnaEsse - very sweet of you  

Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse on Thu 8 Aug - 12:13

http://www.crazykiln.co.uk/howitworks.htm

Once your painting is complete we will carefully dip your decorated piece in a transparent glaze and fire it in the crazy kiln, to a temperature of 1,000°C. Your masterpiece will be ready for collection no more than a week later.

However, if you can't wait a week many items can be decorated with acrylic paints or Decopatch and you get to take your pottery home the same day.

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse on Thu 8 Aug - 12:15

Karen wrote:Thanks AnnaEsse - very sweet of you  

You're welcome.

Is it just me, or is there something odd about Maddie's tanned arms? There appears to be a line at her wrists where the tan ends and her hands are quite white.

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti on Thu 8 Aug - 12:48

Perhaps she was wearing White gloves.....!!!

The same with the last photo .....her arms looked tanned ....was their a sun room in the creche?

Me being sarcastic .....

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti on Thu 8 Aug - 12:49

I think Madeleine looked tall for her age ......

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Thu 8 Aug - 12:58

Madeleine's height was given officially as 90 cm - just under 3 feet. If I remember correctly from another forum, using the tennis balls as a guide, it's been estimated that the girl in that photo is around 116 cm - nearer to 4 feet.

There can be very few photos - if any - of Madeleine that aren't of dubious validity.

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse on Thu 8 Aug - 13:45

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Madeleine's height was given officially as 90 cm - just under 3 feet. If I remember correctly from another forum, using the tennis balls as a guide, it's been estimated that the girl in that photo is around 116 cm - nearer to 4 feet.

There can be very few photos - if any - of Madeleine that aren't of dubious validity.

On 3As, someone did an estimate of Maddie's height, using the playground photo, where she is bending over and came to a height that was over 1 metre. Looking at the height chart I have on the wall, my younger grandson was 78cms at age 18 months.

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 19:56