Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

+53
interested
jeanmonroe
Wintabells
maebee
tanszi
frencheuropean
Lioned
cass
wjk
dazedandconfused
fuzeta
the slave
MaryB
wantthetruth
Claudia79
jassi
Karen
LJC
Justiceforallkids
Chris
Krisy22
saloongirl
dutchclogs
Annabel
margaret
James
quickfingers
pennylane
Panda
mara thon
Keela
comperedna
T4two
Angelina
Carolina
jinvta
mumbles
weissnicht
chrissie1
devonmum
AnneGuedes
Lillyofthevalley
Badboy
HiDeHo
bill516
JOHNFRANCIS
Freja53
Loopdaloop
matthew
kathybelle
chrissie
Palmeras16
SteveT
57 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 5 Empty Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  Guest Mon 2 Sep - 15:06

Panda wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Panda wrote:
I'm sure this case will be too important Claudia for the Court to postpone and procedure be rehearsed several times. It really will be the Trial of the Century because of all the publicity and mystery surrounding it.
Sorry to burst your bubble, Panda, but there have been several cases a lot more important than that one. And those have also been postponed time and time again. Anyone who knows how things work in Portugal, knows exactly what I'm talking about. Trial of the Century? Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 5 294124  Nope.
Madeleine is known around the World because her Parents have been interviewed by most European Countries and even Oprah Winfrey in America., so it will be of interest to many many people and I hope the Judiciary recognises this and makes sure there are no cancellations .
Oprah Winfrey isn't that important. She can't even buy a decent handbag in some places. Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 5 23324 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 5 Empty Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 2 Sep - 15:08

Panda wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Panda wrote:
I'm sure this case will be too important Claudia for the Court to postpone and procedure be rehearsed several times. It really will be the Trial of the Century because of all the publicity and mystery surrounding it.
Sorry to burst your bubble, Panda, but there have been several cases a lot more important than that one. And those have also been postponed time and time again. Anyone who knows how things work in Portugal, knows exactly what I'm talking about. Trial of the Century? Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 5 294124  Nope.
Madeleine is known around the World because her Parents have been interviewed by most European Countries and even Oprah Winfrey in America., so it will be of interest to many many people and I hope the Judiciary recognises this and makes sure there are no cancellations .
Panda, I'm quite sure that the Portuguese courts are not concerned with the interests of the world's media.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 2 Sep - 15:21

Iris wrote:
Panda wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Panda wrote:
Oprah Winfrey isn't that important.  She can't even buy a decent handbag in some places.  Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 5 23324 

Yeah....what a show up.Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 5 294124 I think this is different because of the Publicity, didn't we know about the Dingo Baby, that was in Australia, didn't we know about Jobenet, that was in the States. This case received massive attention because of the McCanns having a spin Doctor, Kate travelled to most European Countries touting her Book ....you mark my words.Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 5 25346 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Mon 2 Sep - 15:50

Panda wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Panda wrote:
Panda, the courts don't give a flying one (and rigthly so) about their interviews and their talk show appearances. Court cases may be circus sessions outside the court room. Not inside. At least not here.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Mon 2 Sep - 15:54

And I'm not even going into the possibility of appeals because I don't want anyone to start taking anti-depressants. Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 5 294124 
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 2 Sep - 16:01

Claudia79 wrote:And I'm not even going into the possibility of appeals because I don't want anyone to start taking anti-depressants. Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 5 294124 
Wise move Claudia.Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 5 25346  I still think with all the stick the Portugese have taken over this case, not to mention the expense, they would like to get their own back , I would.!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Mon 2 Sep - 16:02

Claudia79 wrote:And I'm not even going into the possibility of appeals because I don't want anyone to start taking anti-depressants. Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 5 294124 
We'll de dead, including the Mccanns before this is over!!!
It'll never be resolved in court!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Mon 2 Sep - 16:05

Panda wrote:
Wise move Claudia.Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 5 25346  I still think with all the stick the Portugese have taken over this case, not to mention the expense, they would like to get their own back , I would.!!
You can't confuse the common citizen's sentiment with the court's. Although even the common citizen hasn't taken much interest in this case for quite some time. Even the recent news of SY coming here was treated in the 8 o'clock tv news like a 30 second segment in the middle of the news bulletin. It's probably sad because there's a child missing but life does go on and people have their own problems to think about.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Mon 2 Sep - 16:06

fred wrote:
We'll de dead, including the Mccanns before this is over!!!
It'll never be resolved in court!
I would not exclude that possibility although I intend to live at least until I'm 100 yeas old. Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 5 294124 
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  the slave Tue 3 Sep - 9:29

I'm re reading Kate's Bewk.
There's 'new evidence' in there.
It's a shocker of a book isn't it. I'd forgotten how truly dreadful it is.
the slave
the slave
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 280
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 3 Sep - 18:31

Just to confirm.....is the case now listed? Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 5 Icon_flower 
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Tue 3 Sep - 20:05

wjk wrote:Just to confirm.....is the case now listed? Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 5 Icon_flower 
NO!! So it is still all internet gossip and hearsay. It's all bull.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 3 Sep - 20:31

Ok, fred, I thought maybe not.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Tue 3 Sep - 20:50

Back in Jan this year, the judge seemed quite adamant they either settle out of court or be prepared for a full hearing 6 months later, I don't live in Portugal and I don't no anything about Portuguese law, none of us really no what is about to happen, but jimo I believe this case IS going ahead.

I would have thought what with SY sticking their noses in the case now, that PT would want this case heard asap and finished with, I agree I'm sure this court case isn't that important to them, but I bet they will be happy to see the back of it, imo.
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel Sun 8 Sep - 12:08

http://noticias.sapo.pt/banca/nacional/4389

September 12 in the 1st Civil Court of Lisbon.

The trial will take place in at least three sessions.

gonçalo amaral, according to defense source, "even understands the feeling of loss the McCann may have but as investigator, can never abdicate all lines of inquiry"

Informed of further action requested by the English authorities, gonçalo amaral was "available for any information that Scotland Yard might need about the inquiry he participated in 2007" the defense source of former pj.

The same source told also "to find it very strange that the British investigators did not want to hear the former responsible of the investigation" because, remember, "the outcome of the investigation was dictated by the prosecutor and not by the investigator."

"But how is it possible that someone can order more than one million euros in damages to the person responsible for the investigation of the PJ, just because all evidence gathered in the investigation - as well as the logic of investigation in cases of alleged abduction - pointed out that the child is dead? "asks the lawyer responsible for defending the former Portuguese Commissioner.

The English child is under the guardianship of the family section of the Superior Court (High Court) from this year

12 de Setembro na 1ª Vara Cível de Lisboa.

O julgamento vai decorrer em pelo menos três sessões.

Gonçalo Amaral, de acordo com fonte da defesa, " até compreende o sentimento de perca que os mccann podem ter, mas como investigador, nunca pode abdicar de todas as linhas de investigação"

Informado das novas diligências pedidas pelas autoridades inglesas, Gonçalo Amaral mostrou-se " disponível para qualquer informação que a Scotland Yard possa necessitar a propósito do inquérito em que participou em 2007" disse fonte da defesa do ex - responsável da PJ.

A mesma fonte " até acha muito estranho que os investigadores ingleses não queiram ouvir o antigo responsável pelo inquérito" porque, lembra, " o desfecho do inquérito até foi ditado pelo Ministério Público e não pelo investigador".

" Mas como é possível que alguém possa pedir mais de um milhão de euros de indemnização ao responsável pelo inquérito da PJ, apenas porque todos os elementos recolhidos na investigação - assim como a lógica da investigação nos casos do alegado rapto - apontam para que a criança esteja morta?" pergunta o advogado responsável pela defesa do antigo comissário português.

A criança inglesa encontra-se sob a tutela da secção de família do Tribunal Superior ( High Court) desde esse ano
( 2007) - o que talvez explique o actual interesse das autoridades inglesas na abertura de um inquérito em Londres.

Last edited by Annabel on Sun 8 Sep - 19:00; edited 1 time in total
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sun 8 Sep - 13:30

Thanks Annabel xx
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Sun 8 Sep - 14:54

Annabel wrote:http://noticias.sapo.pt/banca/nacional/4389

September 12 in the 1st Civil Court of Lisbon.

The trial will take place in at least three sessions.

gonçalo amaral, according to defense source, "even understands the feeling of loss the McCann may have but as investigator, can never abdicate all lines of inquiry"

Informed of further action requested by the English authorities, gonçalo amaral was "available for any information that Scotland Yard might need about the inquiry he participated in 2007" the defense source of former pj.

The same source told also "to find it very strange that the British investigators did not want to hear the former responsible of the investigation" because, remember, "the outcome of the investigation was dictated by the prosecutor and not by the investigator."

"But how is it possible that someone can order more than one million euros in damages to the person responsible for the investigation of the PJ, just because all evidence gathered in the investigation - as well as the logic of investigation in cases of alleged abduction - pointed out that the child is dead? "asks the lawyer responsible for defending the former Portuguese Commissioner.

The English child is under the guardianship of the family section of the Superior Court (High Court) from this year
Thank you very much for the link and the English translation of the link Annabel. I've put the link and the link to this page, on HiDeHo's Facebook page. There is a huge discussion going on about the forthcoming lawsuit and I know the posters will be very interested to read the information from here.

I hope I haven't overstepped the mark Annabel, I wouldn't normally put a link to a page on here, but I thought it would be ok, because HiDeHo, regular poster on here. If I have overstepped the mark I'm sorry.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Sun 8 Sep - 14:59

FB rumour latest is the 12th. I doubt it very much indeed though!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 8 Sep - 15:16

Thanks Annabel......at last.!!!!

No wonder the McCanns have been quiet of late , I wonder if they will physically attend or have a video link. Since they are the Plaintiffs they should have the Courtesy to attend. I hope we have an instant interpreter like we did the last time, 3 sessions assumes it is going to be a lengthy process.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Sun 8 Sep - 16:02

It's all bollocks,the trial is still not listed. Someone put's a "hint" on Twitter and it is within minutes turned into fact.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 8 Sep - 16:32

fred wrote:It's all bollocks,the trial is still not listed.  Someone put's a "hint" on Twitter and it is within minutes turned into fact.
Maybe it is going to be held in private fred, or Claudia might know.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Sun 8 Sep - 16:53

Panda wrote:
fred wrote:It's all bollocks,the trial is still not listed.  Someone put's a "hint" on Twitter and it is within minutes turned into fact.
Why would it be held in private? The Mccanns aren't anyone special, even though it might seem like it. Christ Portugal is in the shit with the economy at the moment and life is crap, but FFS why would the 'hearing' be held in private FGS?
People 'Tweet' it get's picked up as Gospel then the rumours run and run... nothing more.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 8 Sep - 18:23

fred wrote:
Panda wrote:
Why would it be held in private?  The Mccanns aren't anyone special, even though it might seem like it.  Christ Portugal is in the shit with the economy at the moment and life is crap, but FFS why would the 'hearing' be held in private FGS?
People 'Tweet' it get's picked up as Gospel then the rumours run and run... nothing more.
I know how you feel and I agree wholeheartedly, but the Judge did say they would have 3 months to reach agreement over the case being dropped and if agreement wasn't reached a Trial would be held within 6 months.....the six months is up this month I think.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Sun 8 Sep - 19:36

Panda wrote:
fred wrote:
Panda wrote:
Why would it be held in private?  The Mccanns aren't anyone special, even though it might seem like it.  Christ Portugal is in the shit with the economy at the moment and life is crap, but FFS why would the 'hearing' be held in private FGS?
I know how you feel and I agree wholeheartedly, but the Judge did say they would have 3 months to reach agreement over the case being dropped and if agreement wasn't reached a Trial would be held within 6 months.....the six months is up this month I think.
There are no secret trials in Portugal. It would be very important that the respondent be informed of the dates chosen and it seems that this is not yet the case. The parties involved had 6 months to negotiate and no agreement was reached. Now it is up to the courts to set up dates for the hearing according to when the courtroom and judges are available. We just have to wait and see.

Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 9 Sep - 9:41

Your'e right Carolina, the 6 months ended in August, so we just have to wait and see. This is from the mccann Files, too long for me to copy and paste:grin: 

Judges Ruling on McCann/Amaral trial    http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2013/01/trial-that-opposes-mccanns-and-goncalo.html
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next