Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  Claudia79 on Tue 27 Aug - 0:03

I also haven't heard about any dates but I've recently come back from my vacation and have been a bit busy.

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  Justiceforallkids on Tue 27 Aug - 8:07

i found this
http://www.stj.pt/tabelasessoes

Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Age : 37
Location : tasmania australia
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  almostgothic on Tue 27 Aug - 9:40

Jerry Lawton (Daily Star) appears to be confirming the Sept 9th court date via Twitter:

Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton 37m
@beemmjay2011 @IWILLNOTGOAWAY we covered all Amaral hearings and reported verdicts and will continue to cover next month's

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  fred on Tue 27 Aug - 9:52

Who is Jerry Lawton?

fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4827
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Tue 27 Aug - 9:55

The Daily Star's Chief Crime Correspondent.

It was he who used the dreaded word "disgraced" again recently.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/334653/New-Portuguese-cop-squad-hunt-Madeleine-McCann

I was hoping that this cracker was his too but it isn't.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/201447/Cops-crack-Madeleine-McCann-codes

Even dear old Antonella in The Sun would have trouble coming up with anything to match this one.

   

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6695
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  tanszi on Tue 27 Aug - 12:52

did JL really cover all the hearing and reported on them. I didn't see anything anywhere in the UK media which announced that the ruling banning Dr Goncalo Amaral's book had been overturned and that he was free to sell it. then I don't read the daily star, I fell sure someone here would have noticed it. hasten to add don't read any daily papers, get all the news on the internet,. jimo.

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3096
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  fred on Tue 27 Aug - 13:09

Not Born Yesterday wrote:The Daily Star's Chief Crime Correspondent.

It was he who used the dreaded word "disgraced" again recently.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/334653/New-Portuguese-cop-squad-hunt-Madeleine-McCann

I was hoping that this cracker was his too but it isn't.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/201447/Cops-crack-Madeleine-McCann-codes

Even dear old Antonella in The Sun would have trouble coming up with anything to match this one.

   

OMG!!!! What a joke. So the abductors were watching the apartment in a tiny village before the Mccanns even arrived. You can't make it up  

fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4827
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Tue 27 Aug - 13:50

We can no longer use the expression "you couldn't make it up" to describe McCann stories because someone has done just that!


Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6695
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  Keela on Tue 27 Aug - 14:19

fred wrote:
Not Born Yesterday wrote:The Daily Star's Chief Crime Correspondent.

It was he who used the dreaded word "disgraced" again recently.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/334653/New-Portuguese-cop-squad-hunt-Madeleine-McCann

I was hoping that this cracker was his too but it isn't.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/201447/Cops-crack-Madeleine-McCann-codes

Even dear old Antonella in The Sun would have trouble coming up with anything to match this one.

   
OMG!!!!  What a joke.  So the abductors were watching the apartment in a tiny village before the Mccanns even arrived.  You can't make it up  

if the "abductors" had been watching the apartment, how did they know which apartment they would be staying in. Unless of course they were tipped off by some swarthy, egg-headed person

Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2302
Age : 63
Location : Darkened room, hoping for the best.
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Tue 27 Aug - 14:22

If I recall correctly, the Gordon family was in that apartment the week before. They must be so relieved that their children escaped the clutches of the fiendish abductor!

There but for fortune go they.........

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6695
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  weissnicht on Tue 27 Aug - 14:28

fred wrote:Who is Jerry Lawton?
He is a devout McCult member. He thinks mcs are Gods, and I'm not kidding.

weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 810
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  AnnaEsse on Tue 27 Aug - 15:01

weissnicht wrote:
fred wrote:Who is Jerry Lawton?
He is a devout McCult member. He thinks mcs are Gods, and I'm not kidding.
Pat Brown has posted on Facebook that Nancy Grace is going to interview him about the McCann case!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18416
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  fred on Tue 27 Aug - 15:28

AnnaEsse wrote:
weissnicht wrote:
fred wrote:Who is Jerry Lawton?
He is a devout McCult member. He thinks mcs are Gods, and I'm not kidding.
Pat Brown has posted on Facebook that Nancy Grace is going to interview him about the McCann case!
Pat Brown is disgusted by Nancy Grace. I couldn't believe the shit Nancy came out with in her last interview, no doubt this will be the same old!

fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4827
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  AnnaEsse on Tue 27 Aug - 15:32

fred wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
weissnicht wrote:
fred wrote:Who is Jerry Lawton?
He is a devout McCult member. He thinks mcs are Gods, and I'm not kidding.
Pat Brown has posted on Facebook that Nancy Grace is going to interview him about the McCann case!
Pat Brown is disgusted by Nancy Grace.  I couldn't believe the shit Nancy came out with in her last interview, no doubt this will be the same old!
Pat Brown:

Good God! Nancy Grace is now getting her "facts" from Daily Star "journalist" Jerry Lawton (who will on her show tonight discussing the "new developments" in the Madeleine McCann case).

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18416
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  fred on Wed 28 Aug - 8:17

https://www.facebook.com/NancyGraceHLN
I've read some shite in my time, but this takes the biscuit.

fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4827
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  kathybelle on Wed 28 Aug - 9:05

fred wrote:https://www.facebook.com/NancyGraceHLN
I've read some shite in my time, but this takes the biscuit.
Good morning Fred, I'm doing my bit to put the record straight on the Nancy Grace Facebook page. I've even told Nancy Grace to stop putting inaccurate information on her page.

kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Age : 70
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  almostgothic on Wed 28 Aug - 9:59

Here's the Daily Star again, with even more court dates for your delectation:

Madeleine McCann detective faces court

THE detective who headed the original investigation to find Madeleine McCann faces court next week over a book he wrote claiming the youngster’s parents covered up her death.


By Daily Star Reporter/Published 28th August 2013


Portuguese Goncalo Amaral, 52, is being sued for £1million in libel damages by Kate and Gerry McCann, both 45.

The civil case in Lisbon will be adjourned on September 13 and will then continue on September 19 and 20.

Madeleine vanished just days before her fourth birthday from her family’s holiday apartment in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz on May 3, 2007.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/334979/Madeleine-McCann-detective-faces-court-

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Wed 28 Aug - 10:25

This is very strange. How does the anonymous writer of this article know in advance that the case will be adjourned on 13th September?

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6695
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  Carolina on Wed 28 Aug - 11:07

How does this journalist know the dates when the defendent hasn't been informed of any dates.

Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Age : 70
Location : Algarve, Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Wed 28 Aug - 11:10

Are those dates relevant for 2012?

If so, it's hard to see how even a tabloid journalist could regurgitate them into a story for 2013 but anything is possible!

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6695
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  Guest on Wed 28 Aug - 11:19

Well isn't it obvious? It's been written by Mystic Meg!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  jeanmonroe on Wed 28 Aug - 11:21

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Are those dates relevant for 2012?

If so, it's hard to see how even a tabloid journalist could regurgitate them into a story for 2013 but anything is possible!
http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2012/04/goncalo-amarals-book-maddie-truth-of.html

Another legal action where Gonçalo Amaral is also targeted by the McCann couple, where they claim 1.2 million euros for alleged statements that the couple consider defamatory, will take place on September 13, 2012 [the first session].

A judicial source told today to Lusa News Agency that the trial that was scheduled to start on February 9 of the current year, will proceed on 14, 20 and 21 of September, at the 1st Circuit of the Civil Court of Lisbon, at the Justice Palace.
___________________________________________________

WELL, that's the great British investigative journalism at it's very FINEST!

ETA: Remind me, didn't the McCanns LOSE that one, as well?

Oh yeah, they did!

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2010/10/lisbon-appeals-court-ruling.html
III – Decision

In harmony with what is written above, under the terms of the cited dispositions, the Judges at this Appeals Court declare the VALIDITY of the appeal filed by defendant Dr. Gonçalo Amaral, and the sentence of the a quo Court is revoked, its disposition replaced by the following:

The injunction is deemed not valid because it was not PROVED.

Furthermore we deliberate that we do not acknowledge the rest of the appeals.

Costs to be PAID by the appealed parties the McCann couple AND their THREE children.

Lisbon and Appeals Court, 14.10.2010

The Appellate Court Judges,

Francisco Bruto da Costa
Catarina Arelo Manso
António Valente

G Amaral 2 McCanns 0.

jeanmonroe
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 996
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  kitti on Wed 28 Aug - 13:25

The costs haven't been paid yet either.


It was asserted that the costs to mr amaral will go against the libel trial .


How the hell do the mccanns get away with this I don't l know.

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  chrissie on Wed 28 Aug - 13:40

kitti wrote:The costs haven't been paid yet either.


It was asserted that the costs to mr amaral will go against the libel trial .


How the hell do the mccanns get away with this I don't l know.
That doesn't seem right at all kitti!

chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3280
Age : 55
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  fred on Wed 28 Aug - 13:43

chrissie wrote:
kitti wrote:The costs haven't been paid yet either.


It was asserted that the costs to mr amaral will go against the libel trial .


How the hell do the mccanns get away with this I don't l know.
That doesn't seem right at all kitti!
There is NOTHING right about this and there never has been, I can't seeit changing anytime soon!

fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4827
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:58


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum