Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Barmy Euro law let pervs abuse

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Barmy Euro law let pervs abuse

Post  Guest on Fri 23 Jan - 15:20

By STAFF REPORTER

Published: Today

TWO of Britain’s most dangerous sex offenders claimed a string of victims – after barmy Euro human rights laws let them SHARE a flat.
Gay lovers Stephen Carruthers and John Bates were on the Sex Offender Register – yet despite secretly being monitored by the authorities were allowed to bunk up together.

The pair were jailed indefinitely today.

Police and probation officials knew the two paedos were living under the same roof yet were powerless to tell local parents or split the duo up.

The reason was the fear of being in breach of European Human Rights legislation on cohabiting same-sex partners.

Within months of Carruthers and Bates moving in together the evil pair turned their seedy home in Blackpool, Lancs, into a perverts' lair.

Traumatised

The sick couple began their affair whilst serving prison sentences for sex offences.

And when they got out they targeted four newspaper boys during their rounds and lured then inside their home by offering million pound bribes.

They also falsely claimed they were pals of top celebrities including TV actor Sir David Jason.

The youngsters were then forced in to degrading sex acts with the two men inside the flat – with one victim so traumatised by his ordeal he felt like committing suicide.

Today child campaigners reacted with fury as Carruthers, 49, and 45-year old Bates were sent back to jail after a judge warned: ”In my view no child is safe from either of you.”

Mrs Claude Knights, director of Kidscape, said: “This was a series of attacks waiting to happen.

"It is very disturbing that with all the risk assessments that are in place, two high level sex offenders should be allowed to live together.

"It was almost inevitable, that they would reoffend and that they would feed off each other’s need to abuse children.

”We are told that the risk assessments are very thorough, so it is very surprising that someone concluded that it was safe to allow two registered sex offenders to live together.

”But the law being as it is, there would have been an argument for human rights so they could live together.

"These people needed very careful monitoring."

Preston Crown Court heard how Carruthers and Bates were “prolific sex offenders with a long history of committing sex offences against young boys".

Drifter Carruthers, a dad-of-two but a closet homosexual, had a record for paedophilia dating back 28 years.

He was freed thanks to a legal technicality after being given life sentences for raping and abusing two boys.

Carruthers’ record of sex crimes began in 1981 and saw him jailed several times.

He was convicted of three counts of sexual activity with a child, one count of engaging in sexual activity in the presence of a child.

He was also found guilty of one count of abducting a child and one count of meeting a child following sexual grooming.

Bates was convicted of three counts of sexual activity with a child and one count of abducting a child.

Sentencing them, Judge Christopher Cornwall said: “The simple dreadful reality in this matter in my judgment is you are incorrigible, predatory paedophiles.

“You simply cannot resist the temptation of making contact with boys with the purpose of abusing them for your own sexual gratification.

“The harm that you have caused to each of those boys is hard to calculate. What they all have in common is that you were intent on exploiting them and their innocence.

“You have cast a very dark shadow over their early teens.”

After the case a neighbour said: “They were so friendly and it was such a shock to hear about what they have done. I just didn’t have a clue."

Back to top Go down

Re: Barmy Euro law let pervs abuse

Post  Guest on Sat 24 Jan - 17:41

How bizarre they let them shack up together and didnt monitor them closely. It would have made their job far easier than having them in seperate abodes.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat 24 Jan - 19:06

MsTaken wrote:How bizarre they let them shack up together and didnt monitor them closely. It would have made their job far easier than having them in seperate abodes.

Absolutely. Good point.

I'm not for a moment encouraging vigilantism (don't think I've spelt that right) but some of the implements in the torture chambers I saw in the Tower of London when I went for a visit several years ago, would come in useful when dealing with the likes of those two ... :Hit:

Thumbscrews, rack etc.
Or let the REAL experts at them.
The Spanish inquisition guys.

I'm all for it.
You can't cure these perverts, you can't treat them, you can't re-habilitate them. You let them live, they re-offend, its a simple as that.

A remote island is where they should all be put away from innocent fodder for their sick fantasies.

Sorry, rant over.

Back to top Go down

Post  blossom45 on Sat 24 Jan - 19:25

erin you have the right idea there,i support your theory fully.

blossom45
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 922
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun 25 Jan - 8:58

Erin wrote:
MsTaken wrote:How bizarre they let them shack up together and didnt monitor them closely. It would have made their job far easier than having them in seperate abodes.

Absolutely. Good point.

I'm not for a moment encouraging vigilantism (don't think I've spelt that right) but some of the implements in the torture chambers I saw in the Tower of London when I went for a visit several years ago, would come in useful when dealing with the likes of those two ... :Hit:

Thumbscrews, rack etc.
Or let the REAL experts at them.
The Spanish inquisition guys.

I'm all for it.
You can't cure these perverts, you can't treat them, you can't re-habilitate them. You let them live, they re-offend, its a simple as that.

A remote island is where they should all be put away from innocent fodder for their sick fantasies.

Sorry, rant over.

I totally agree with that. Its not hard to choose between our children or sick perverts who cannot be cured.

When a dog bites you it gets put down.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:45

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top