Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freeport Case: Julio Monteiro put Charles Smith in contact with Socrates

2 posters

Go down

Freeport Case: Julio Monteiro put Charles Smith in contact with Socrates Empty Freeport Case: Julio Monteiro put Charles Smith in contact with Socrates

Post  pm Sat 24 Jan - 14:49

Freeport Case: Julio Monteiro put Charles Smith in contact with Socrates

Julio Eduardo Monteiro Coelho, entrepreneur, has told to the SOL how he put the representative of Freeport in contact with his nephew, José Sócrates. And he answered to suspicions about his offshores.

By Felicía Cabrita

Felicía Cabrita - In the investigation of the British authorities to the Freeport case, you appear connected to a consulting firm for the outlet, the Smith & Pedro, as an intermediary to obtain the permit for the project...

Julio Monteiro - Absolutely false. I met Charles Smith trough his wife, who was the administrator of a condominium in Quinta do Lago, where I bought an apartment in 1992. That gentleman, later, was connected to Freeport - and one day he complained to me that a law firm was asking him four million Euros to get the permit.

And you had some intervention on that?
I told him: “Hey, I can’t believe that that is possible. I’ll talk to my nephew.”

And you did?
I spoke with him and he said: “Uncle that is a complete lie, because I deal with those issues. Send this guy to come and talk to me”.

Is that what you did?
I told Charles to call to the Ministry of Environment and to say that he was calling via the Minister José Sócrates.

And the matter was resolved?
I never heard of anything afterwards... Later I was even upset, because they used my name and not even said thanks. Never knew anything else about the issue.

But the British say...
I apologize for interrupting, but I do not care what the British say. I am the one who knows, because I was the one who spoke directly with my nephew. And he was completely outraged, because he ruled on those issues. If you talk to Charles, ask him what he said and what he went there to do. I am very regretful to have made this possible...

But the authorities have evidence that Smith & Pedro has obtained the license through ...
Only those who do not know me.

…through your influence with the Minister of Environment.
That is a lie and I’ll put them in court!

But you are a 'suspect', which is not the same as being 'guilty'...
I am suspect, but until now I did not know about anything!

It is suspected that commissions have been paid to you, which then went to two offshores ...
Two offshores in my name?

Yes. The Glenstal Trading Limited, opened in Gibraltar by the BCP and with an account in a branch in Funchal; but that you also have an account in the BPN, opened in the Cayman; and as well another offshore also created by the BCP but in an American state, with an account in Cayman.
That really exists. I mean, it existed. But there was no movement, nor anyone can prove it. It is a pure lie that I have received ... I was even extremely upset because Smith did not thank me - and this was highly confidential. But, how come did you came to know about my offshores?

Source: SOL

Read More Tomorrow

+/-

+/-

by Joana Morais
pm
pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4300
Location : Cave of the MOUNTAIN OF THE 3RD WORLD - PORTUGAL - St Gerald i am sending your goats to you again
Warning :
Freeport Case: Julio Monteiro put Charles Smith in contact with Socrates Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Freeport Case: Julio Monteiro put Charles Smith in contact with Socrates Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Freeport Case: Julio Monteiro put Charles Smith in contact with Socrates Empty Freeport Case: Prime Minister Speaks to the Media

Post  pm Sat 24 Jan - 15:09

"I have nothing to do with the business activities of my uncle. I don't and I didn't have anything to do with any business activities of my uncle nor of his sons(...)"

Prime Minister José Sócrates speaking in Oporto, 24-01-2009 12:50

+/-

+/-

by Joana Morais
pm
pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4300
Location : Cave of the MOUNTAIN OF THE 3RD WORLD - PORTUGAL - St Gerald i am sending your goats to you again
Warning :
Freeport Case: Julio Monteiro put Charles Smith in contact with Socrates Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Freeport Case: Julio Monteiro put Charles Smith in contact with Socrates Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Freeport Case: Julio Monteiro put Charles Smith in contact with Socrates Empty Re: Freeport Case: Julio Monteiro put Charles Smith in contact with Socrates

Post  Susan Sat 24 Jan - 17:24

This sounds very fishy and they are backtracking....
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Freeport Case: Julio Monteiro put Charles Smith in contact with Socrates Empty Re: Freeport Case: Julio Monteiro put Charles Smith in contact with Socrates

Post  Guest Sat 24 Jan - 17:38

Passin' the buck then Freeport Case: Julio Monteiro put Charles Smith in contact with Socrates 613255
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down