Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'.

Post  Wintabells on Sun 15 Sep - 19:47

http://aninspectorcallsyou.blogspot.co.uk/

Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1328
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'.

Post  Wintabells on Sun 15 Sep - 19:48

Goncalo must have gone white when this exchange with a key witness comprehensively destroyed his chances:

Defence Lawyer: Do you know if the book hampered the investigation?

Mother Theresa Hubbard: I can't answer that.

Perhaps the trial should have taken place in private: watching this balloon collapsing into rubber and spittle after six years of threat and bluff almost makes one feel guilty. Almost.

Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1328
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'.

Post  almostgothic on Sun 15 Sep - 20:04

Hubbard was good value though. Spiffing entertainment.
Reminded me a lot of Wavy Mavis in Open All Hours.

Whose side was she on, by the way?

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'.

Post  tanszi on Sun 15 Sep - 20:08

stoppit almostgothic I spat my coffee out. dangerous sometimes coming here:lmao:  

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3098
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'.

Post  almostgothic on Sun 15 Sep - 20:18

Oops, sorry about that!

It does make you wonder though, if that was their A Team, who the hell was sitting on the subs bench ...

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'.

Post  Panda on Sun 15 Sep - 20:49


Was the idea of having Mrs Hubbard as a Witness because her Husband is a Clergyman so she would be considered "respectable"? If so , it has proved yet again how ill conceived the idea was. Mrs Hubbard hardly knows the Mccanns, lives too far away to know how the Parents are coping, how the twins are reacting to what is going on. Were the rest of the Tapas Group sidelined because they did not want to testify? Who is more likely to affect the twins behaviour , their Parents appearing in the British Press every other day , or an ex Detective living in another Country ?

I sincerely hope that the verdict is not deferred and if Goncarlo wins, the Portugese close the case .

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'.

Post  Wintabells on Mon 16 Sep - 2:12

Defence Lawyer: Do you know if the book hampered the investigation?

Funny question, though.

The book wasn't published until after the investigation had been shelved, right? so how could it hamper it? Shouldn't he have asked if, in Wavy Mavis's view, the book hampered the search given it's the damned search they're bothered about is it not?






Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1328
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'.

Post  Wintabells on Mon 16 Sep - 2:21

plus... PLUS.... she doesn't know who Oprah Winfrey is?!  




GP – Do you know the Oprah Winfrey TV program?
SH answers no.

Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1328
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'.

Post  pennylane on Mon 16 Sep - 7:43

Wintabells wrote:plus... PLUS.... she doesn't know who Oprah Winfrey is?!   




GP – Do you know the Oprah Winfrey TV program?
SH answers no.
Not a very aware person is she? Makes sense really!  

pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5351
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'.

Post  Panda on Mon 16 Sep - 8:22

pennylane wrote:
Wintabells wrote:plus... PLUS.... she doesn't know who Oprah Winfrey is?!   




GP – Do you know the Oprah Winfrey TV program?
SH answers no.
Not a very aware person is she? Makes sense really!  
What a stupid question to ask though................I suspect Isobel Duarte was thinking Canada is in America, Seriously now, she proved what an oddball she is at the injuction trial.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'.

Post  pennylane on Mon 16 Sep - 8:30

Panda wrote:
pennylane wrote:
Wintabells wrote:plus... PLUS.... she doesn't know who Oprah Winfrey is?!   




GP – Do you know the Oprah Winfrey TV program?
SH answers no.
Not a very aware person is she? Makes sense really!  
What a stupid question to ask though................I suspect Isobel Duarte was thinking Canada is in America, Seriously now, she proved what an oddball she is at the injuction trial.
The poor dear must be living on Mars if she hasn't heard of Oprah. 

I think the fact that there are no tapasniks taking the stand on behalf of the McCanns speaks legions.  Team McCann cannot risk them being questioned in a court of law!

pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5351
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'.

Post  Panda on Mon 16 Sep - 8:44


My guess is the Tapas 7 declined to go to Court for Kate and Gerry because their timelines might have been brought up. 

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'.

Post  pennylane on Mon 16 Sep - 8:54

Panda wrote:
My guess is the Tapas 7 declined to go to Court for Kate and Gerry because their timelines might have been brought up. 
Exacto!  But I'm guessing they were not approached either.

pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5351
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'.

Post  Panda on Mon 16 Sep - 9:11

pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:
My guess is the Tapas 7 declined to go to Court for Kate and Gerry because their timelines might have been brought up. 
Exacto!  But I'm guessing they were not approached either.
It's also looking as though Kate's 3rd Book has been shelved by the Publishers pending the result of this Trial.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'.

Post  pennylane on Mon 16 Sep - 9:14

Panda wrote:
pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:
My guess is the Tapas 7 declined to go to Court for Kate and Gerry because their timelines might have been brought up. 
Exacto!  But I'm guessing they were not approached either.
It's also looking as though Kate's 3rd Book has been shelved by the Publishers pending the result of this Trial.
Oh deary me.  Don't tell me Kate McCann The Trilogy has been shelved!  The fiction industry must be gutted!

pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5351
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'.

Post  Panda on Mon 16 Sep - 9:27

pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:
pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:
My guess is the Tapas 7 declined to go to Court for Kate and Gerry because their timelines might have been brought up. 
Exacto!  But I'm guessing they were not approached either.
It's also looking as though Kate's 3rd Book has been shelved by the Publishers pending the result of this Trial.
Oh deary me.  Don't tell me Kate McCann The Trilogy has been shelved!  The fiction industry must be gutted!
So must the fans pennylane. 

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'.

Post  pennylane on Mon 16 Sep - 9:34

Panda wrote:
pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:
pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:
My guess is the Tapas 7 declined to go to Court for Kate and Gerry because their timelines might have been brought up. 
Exacto!  But I'm guessing they were not approached either.
It's also looking as though Kate's 3rd Book has been shelved by the Publishers pending the result of this Trial.
Oh deary me.  Don't tell me Kate McCann The Trilogy has been shelved!  The fiction industry must be gutted!
So must the fans pennylane. 
the poor fans will be inconsolable!

pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5351
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'.

Post  almostgothic on Mon 16 Sep - 11:09

I feel that note must be taken of Hubbard's idiosyncratic use of Chaos Theory during her testimony.

She commented that everybody in Portugal (bar some in PdL) believe GA's book.
When asked for an objective basis for her belief, she applies the Butterfly Effect thus:

That a hurricane's formation (nationwide disbelief of the McCann gospel) is contingent upon whether or not a distant butterfly (one Portuguese nurse working in Canada) had flapped its wings (read and believed GA's book) at some point in time.

Computer says  

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'.

Post  margaret on Mon 16 Sep - 11:19

almostgothic wrote:I feel that note must be taken of Hubbard's idiosyncratic use of Chaos Theory during her testimony.

She commented that everybody in Portugal (bar some in PdL) believe GA's book.
When asked for an objective basis for her belief, she applies the Butterfly Effect thus:

That a hurricane's formation (nationwide disbelief of the McCann gospel) is contingent upon whether or not a distant butterfly (one Portuguese nurse working in Canada) had flapped its wings (read and believed GA's book) at some point in time.

Computer says  
Mrs. Hubbard speaks on behalf of the whole nation of Portugal does she?  Although her only proof of what she says is ONE Portuguese nurse IN CANADA???? 


Also this exchange made me laugh....

SO – Then why were they angry with the (Goncalo Amarals) book?
SH says they don't fear what the book says.


Erm, why were they there then?  I thought the book was damaging????  No wonder Kate cried in court, she saw her £1million going up in smoke.

margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'.

Post  Panda on Mon 16 Sep - 11:21

almostgothic wrote:I feel that note must be taken of Hubbard's idiosyncratic use of Chaos Theory during her testimony.

She commented that everybody in Portugal (bar some in PdL) believe GA's book.
When asked for an objective basis for her belief, she applies the Butterfly Effect thus:

That a hurricane's formation (nationwide disbelief of the McCann gospel) is contingent upon whether or not a distant butterfly (one Portuguese nurse working in Canada) had flapped its wings (read and believed GA's book) at some point in time.

Computer says  
Morning almostgothic, why on earth has Kate managed to get such ineffectual witnesses.....unless she is saving the best til last.!!!

What's that saying....."when a butterfly flaps it's wings"........................

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'.

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:30


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum