Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what now

+10
Loopdaloop
gilly4
margaret
Lillyofthevalley
dazedandconfused
Carolina
pennylane
mara thon
MaryB
nospinnaker
14 posters

Go down

what now Empty what now

Post  cass Mon 16 Sep - 11:12

ok im thinking out load - this case is a civil matter between the mcanns and ga - but along side we have the sy review - what does this case mean - the outcome

1 say that the mcanns dont get sod all from ga and ga wins ? does that mean that portugal and sy MUST move forward and reopen the case and or interview them all again - because there will be a lot of pressure choose what the outcome - i never thought it would go ahead tbh - thought the powers of higher up in portugal and uk would stop it all - and tell the mcanns to stfu go away
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :
what now Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100what now Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

what now Empty Re: what now

Post  margaret Mon 16 Sep - 11:29

If GA wins - as he should - then it puts the SY investigation into a precarious position should they be doing a whitewash.

That's too big an anamoly to explain, the two main countries investigating and coming to completely different conclusions....
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  nospinnaker Mon 16 Sep - 11:30

I think it was important for the McCanns that Scotland Yard went ahead with their enquiries - telling the world that Madeleine could be alive was vital. One may suspect that the SY announcement was orchestrated with timing in mind, and one may suspect that the delay earlier 'to allow for an agreement to be reached' was similarly tactical.

If the McCanns win this case outright then nothing much changes in the SY enquiry. I'm sure that the police aren't going to be influenced by the outcome of a foreign civil action. Indedd this particular action doesn't appaer to hinge upon Sr Amaral's book being false or true, but maybe I have m,isunderstood that part.

But if Mr Amaral is vindicated - even bearing in mind that the case doesn't look likely to prove his theopry (or the McCanns' version) one way or the other, it will have huge effects on the way the story unfolds.

An Amaral victory will highlight the fact that it's not his first court win over the McCanns, and it will most definitely make a lot of people sit up and take notice. Good hearted souls who have supported the McCanns throughout will be turning their back on the hapless doctors and their chums, and more to the point politicians will take note too. Our elected leaders always keep a weather eye on the next election, and will be less likely to steer the forces of law & order in this country away from public opinion.

So there's everything at stake for both sides.
nospinnaker
nospinnaker
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 188
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Mon 16 Sep - 12:38

I was wondering too about the implications of the outcome.  I know somebody might be the tidy sum of £1.2m better off and somebody else might be £1.2m poorer.  But apart from that small detail!  I remember at one of the other cases a SY officer called by Goncalo Ammaral wasn't allowed to give evidence because the case was ongoing and this was before the review.  So presumably the McCanns couldn't call any police officers.

Last edited by MaryB on Mon 16 Sep - 13:13; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To correct something.)
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Mon 16 Sep - 12:45

nospinnaker wrote: I'm sure that the police aren't going to be influenced by the outcome of a foreign civil action. Indedd this particular action doesn't appaer to hinge upon Sr Amaral's book being false or true, but maybe I have m,isunderstood that part.

But if Mr Amaral is vindicated - even bearing in mind that the case doesn't look likely to prove his theopry (or the McCanns' version) one way or the other, it will have huge effects on the way the story unfolds.
You're right it's a civil case, l forgot that, but if l can make that mistake so will others less interested in the case....
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Mon 16 Sep - 13:20

I'm just wondering if political interference of some kind will rear it's ugly head quietly in the background yet again.
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Mon 16 Sep - 13:35

mara thon wrote:I'm just wondering if political interference of some kind will rear it's ugly head quietly in the background yet again.
All things considered, I think most of us are decidedly ill at ease regarding this possibility, mara thon!what now 303636
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Mon 16 Sep - 13:45

No matter what the outcome, there will be appeals and this could last a long time.

As for compensation, just because the McCanns asked for £ 1m doesn't mean that they will be awarded that amount if by chance they win.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Mon 16 Sep - 14:16

gas book ban was over turned that gives me faith that the mcanns will get sweet nothing - if so that says that the judges that uplifted the ban was wrong - will the mcanns go after them - or anyone that makes any referance from the book ? i think if they loose the press will turn without being afraid - the circus started and it will end soon
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Mon 16 Sep - 14:19

mara thon wrote:I'm just wondering if political interference of some kind will rear it's ugly head quietly in the background yet again.
I think there's a strong possibility.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Mon 16 Sep - 15:06

Will the super injunctions still be in place if GA wins the libel case, I can't see how the papers will run riot if their hands are still tied
I hope not, I pray the day the papers turn on these two scum bags! Their greed knows no bounds!
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Mon 16 Sep - 16:34

Lillyofthevalley wrote:Will the super injunctions still be in place if GA wins the libel case, I can't see how the papers will run riot if their hands are still tied
I hope not, I pray the day the papers turn on these two scum bags! Their greed knows no bounds!
We don't know if there are super injunctions are in place do we? Usually they get spoken about being in place, but nothing in this case.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  gilly4 Mon 16 Sep - 23:07

This is just a thought, but should GA win do the McCann's have sufficient funds to launch an appeal. At what point do they need to finance an appeal?
gilly4
gilly4
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 52
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Tue 17 Sep - 0:27

I can't see it happening. The mccanns are new money and mere plebs to tories. What little bridge they had was burnt when the arrogance of Gerry attempted to embarrass Cameron publicly during the hacked off campaign.
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  comperedna Sun 22 Sep - 17:06

Sorry, but I can't remember the next dates of the libel trial. Can anyone help me out? I know the last one is some time in November but there are at least two days before that. My fault - I should have written them down somewhere.
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 22 Sep - 17:23

As far as I know it's 26th and 27th September with a verdict expected on 5th November. Let's hope that some well-deserving people get rockets up their nether regions!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 22 Sep - 17:23

WHEN Dr Amaral wins this one - not if - I wouldn't be at all surprised if somebody agrees to publish his book in English. And then it's game over for the McCanns.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  comperedna Sun 22 Sep - 17:45

Thanks NBY.

I wonder, Iris. Fingers crossed.
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mumbles Sun 22 Sep - 23:05

comperedna wrote:Sorry, but I can't remember the next dates of the libel trial. Can anyone help me out? I know the last one is some time in November but there are at least two days before that. My fault - I should have written them down somewhere.
27th September, 2nd & 8th October and ending on November 5th.
mumbles
mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2121
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  mumbles Sun 22 Sep - 23:11

what now AmaralTRIALdates_zpsab78853d
mumbles
mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2121
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 23 Sep - 6:53

I think the mccanns will get a super injunction here..all bought with the fund money..
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 23 Sep - 10:08

kitti wrote:I think the mccanns will get a super injunction here..all bought with the fund money..
But there can't be much of it left kitti. What will they do when it finally runs out? Heaven forbid, Kate might actually have to go out and get a job!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 23 Sep - 10:16

After they have paid mr amarals TWO legal fees.....the book being overturned they have yet to pay PLUS their own fees...NO there won't be much left.

But no way will they go down without a fight regarding the book ....they will get the money from celebs or from whoever is protecting them.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Mon 23 Sep - 10:35

sorry to say there will always be money in the fund - to keep the truth being told - end off
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content