Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KATE AND GERRY INNOCENT?

+16
mara thon
Panda
kitti
T4two
LJC
Lillyofthevalley
Annabel
Claudia79
interested
Wintabells
saloongirl
comperedna
AnnaEsse
almostgothic
margaret
Loopdaloop
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

KATE AND GERRY INNOCENT? - Page 3 Empty Re: KATE AND GERRY INNOCENT?

Post  mara thon Wed 18 Sep - 10:11

Panda wrote:
T4two wrote:
Panda wrote:
mara thon wrote:Panda I believe that what you refer to as "banal" questions are standard procedure in any investigation, not so much for the answers given, but for noting the body language when the answers are given.     I'm quite sure Kate was 'p......d' off being there so long, and I don't know about you, but if it were my child missing I would have answered every question asked of me, even if it took all day and night.
I understand what you are saying mara_thon but Kate was interviewed 3 days in succession .the 4th , 6th and 7th of September. It was the 6th when she was declared aguido , but I couldn't find the 48 questions, I was looking in the mccannfiles. Some other very interesting info there though.!!
Why not reread my last post yesterday - there's a link to the questions.... KATE AND GERRY INNOCENT? - Page 3 303636
Morning T4two, yes, I did use your link and posted a new thread yesterday "the 48 questions " highlighting those I thought would have irritated me after hours of questioning. Anyway ,posters seemed to take it the wrong way so I gave up.
I don't really think it matters how irritated anyone gets when being questioned by the police, no matter if the questioning goes on for days, the same questions over and over again.
I'm sure that any 'suspect' gets irritated and fed up when being questioned with what they may think are pointless and banal questions. However 'banal' we think the questions might be I'm quite sure there is a reason for asking them. How many times do you suppose suspects in murder cases, acts presumed to be terrorism, etc etc, are questioned over a period of days, maybe weeks? For certain I'm sure every suspect gets fed up and considers many questions stupid, but procedure is followed whether we think it stupid or not. Why should Kate McCann be any different?
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :
KATE AND GERRY INNOCENT? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100KATE AND GERRY INNOCENT? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 18 Sep - 10:41

I gave up posting on the 48 questions because posters were thinking I was uncaring...now you have started on here!!! Please stick to the topic here
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
KATE AND GERRY INNOCENT? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100KATE AND GERRY INNOCENT? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Wed 18 Sep - 11:59

I was not aware I was ´¨off topic¨ panda and I certainly have started anything, as you put it. I was simply giving my views and replies to something that you yourself started. If I am off topic then I´m sure others will tell me too.
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Wed 18 Sep - 20:40

Panda wrote:
kitti wrote:Murat asked to be made arquido, didn't he.

So the pj were  not allowed to ask the 48 questions until she was made a 'suspect'

Could she off refused to be made a 'suspect'?
Morning kitti, Kate was made an arguido on the advice of her Lawyer because she refused to answer some of the questions. It didn't make her a suspect , but the implication is there. Her Lawyer was with her and advised her, I suppose it is similar to our "you have the right to remain silent"
Panda, that is not how it works!! The Portuguese authorities made her and her husband arguidos because they wanted to ask them certain questions which could incriminate them. Under Portuguese law, it is illegal to ask a "witness" questions which could be incriminating because the status of a witness does not allow them to remain silent. Therefore, by law, if the authorities were to ask these questions, the McCanns had to be made arguidos which gave them the right to remain silent if they wished to do so. Were you present during the discussion Kate had with her lawyer and you know for sure that she was made arguido upon the advice of her lawyer? It is hardly up to the lawyer to make this decision. It is only logical, that Kate remained silent. This was done so that there would be no discrepencies between the answers given by Gerry and Kate.

BTW, I'm beginning to find it strange how you are defending Kate by saying that she had the right to be annoyed with the questions she was asked. This was an investigation to find out what happened to her daughter FGS. If Maddie had indeed been abducted, how dare she be annoyed.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  the slave Wed 18 Sep - 20:47

quite.
the slave
the slave
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 280
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Wed 18 Sep - 21:44

agree with your points of view Carolina.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Thu 19 Sep - 6:47

tanszi wrote:agree with your points of view Carolina.
Me too
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3