Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Well said!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Well said!

Post  AnnaEsse on Sun 22 Sep - 12:59

almostgothic wrote:A little off topic, but an interesting nugget from way back when (Monday, August 06, 2007):

Goodnight from Sydney
Posted by Mike Hitchen

It has been rather an interesting night. Earlier in the evening someone tried to hijack the Shout Box, by posting under the names of regular users, including myself.

To give you an idea of how inexperienced these people are, they failed to realise that not only do I track IP addresses, but when I post, I am specially marked as administrator. Hard to believe that someone posting from an IP address that was traced to just north of Skipton, could possibly be someone posting from Sydney.

Ah well, an abuse report has gone of to the both the Shout Box host, and to the offenders ISP.

Always someone who has to spoil things - but I guess when you are trying and failing to defend the indefensible, you resort to desperate measures.

http://www.ionglobaltrends.com/2007/08/goodnight-from-sydney_06.html#.Uj7NZ9J1jbM
Goodness! Skipton sounds like a bit of a cesspit! á

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18417
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Well said!

Post  Guest on Sun 22 Sep - 13:02

Naw. A cesspit is a useful thing. á

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Well said!

Post  Angelina on Sun 22 Sep - 13:07

Iris wrote:Naw. áA cesspit is a useful thing. áá
But rather unpleasant to empty á

Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2927
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Well said!

Post  Justiceforallkids on Sun 22 Sep - 13:09

Angelina wrote:
Iris wrote:Naw. áA cesspit is a useful thing. áá
But rather unpleasant to empty á
the stench out of that gutter smells bad doesnt it!! no wonder bonny and her socks are the only ones there

Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Age : 37
Location : tasmania australia
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Well said!

Post  tanszi on Sun 22 Sep - 13:19

yes. does anyone else remember there were several people whose usernames were duplicated somehow and posts made which were not those of the original poster, does this make sense, and that also caused some problems with the tone of post.

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3096
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Well said!

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Sun 22 Sep - 13:25

Not that we want Bonny and Co emptied out - leave them walled up there!
á
Interesting about the hoaxer from the Skipton area.
á
An acquaintance published an article which doubted the official version and his Facebook account was promptly hacked into by someone in the Maidstone area.
á
It couldn't be proved of course but the slithering form of Mike Gunnill came to mind.
á
What lovely company the McCanns keep.

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6695
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Well said!

Post  Panda on Sun 22 Sep - 13:27

Iris wrote:Yes Panda, ABDUCT. áAnd we still only have Michael Wright's word for that. áNobody here has actually seen any proof of that, and I believe that is because there is none.
I presume the Mirror would not have any archive footage of 3a's á


Did I tell you all I was a Mod on 3a's for about a Month???? I hadn't been a Member for long and Bren asked me if I would like to be a Moderator !!!

I asked why me when I was a comparatively new Member , my user name was Beattie , and she said it was because I was astute and popular.

Anyway, I lasted a month, couldn't cope with skype and a ásecondary forum to monitor, was waiting to go into Hosptal so bowed out gracefully. There were several Moderators I remember and they were friendly and helpful.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Well said!

Post  Guest on Sun 22 Sep - 13:43

There's nothing to stop the Mirror, or any of their ilk, interviewing the former owner of the 3As, Brenda Ryan. She's not that difficult to find. And she owned the Forum right up until almost the end, when she transferred it to an ex-pat Potuguese living in Canada. Now she's the biggest fan of the McCanns on the face of the planet. There's a nice little story for the Mail or the Mirror to follow up, assuming that there are any investigative journalists actually left working for these rags.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Well said!

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Sun 22 Sep - 13:53

It's all an absolute load of rowlocks, or something like that.

There's always the odd drunken nutcase or loser putting outrageous comments on forums and news pages. They don't last long before being removed. The thought of an actual debate being allowed on the subject of kidnapping one of the twins is as bonkers as Madeleine being abducted by a stranger.

Shame on Michael Wright for humouring his unsavoury family (rather than disowning them years ago) by coming out with this twaddle.

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6695
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Well said!

Post  Justiceforallkids on Sun 22 Sep - 13:54

Iris wrote:There's nothing to stop the Mirror, or any of their ilk, interviewing the former owner of the 3As, Brenda Ryan. áShe's not that difficult to find. áAnd she owned the Forum right up until almost the end, when she transferred it to an ex-pat Potuguese living in Canada. áNow she's the biggest fan of the McCanns on the face of the planet. áThere's a nice little story for the Mail or the Mirror to follow up, assuming that there are any investigative journalists actually left working for these rags.
she was like a cat on a hot tin roof she turned like the wind!!!á

Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Age : 37
Location : tasmania australia
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Well said!

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Sun 22 Sep - 13:58

A reminder of Bren's road to Damascus conversion.
á
http://www.zimbio.com/Madeleine+McCann/articles/yJNNJ5dPexY/An+Open+Apology

Sick buckets at the ready please!

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6695
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Well said!

Post  Guest on Sun 22 Sep - 14:03

Not Born Yesterday wrote:A reminder of Bren's road to Damascus conversion.
á
http://www.zimbio.com/Madeleine+McCann/articles/yJNNJ5dPexY/An+Open+Apology

Sick buckets at the ready please!
And before any visiting hacks get all confused, she's NOT describing Doctor Goncalo Amaral in this "confession". She's talking about retired solicitor Tony Bennett.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Well said!

Post  Justiceforallkids on Sun 22 Sep - 14:04

oh wow á look at what a little bird showed me






Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Age : 37
Location : tasmania australia
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Well said!

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Sun 22 Sep - 14:14

Is it known what turned Bonnybraes into a rabid pro? Bren's change of heart was published for all to see but I have never heard what caused Bonnybraes to do the same.

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6695
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Well said!

Post  Guest on Sun 22 Sep - 14:20

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Is it known what turned Bonnybraes into a rabid pro? Bren's change of heart was published for all to see but I have never heard what caused Bonnybraes to do the same.
I personally believe that Bren was leaned on, but Bonny was probably always a pro.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Well said!

Post  Justiceforallkids on Sun 22 Sep - 14:37

Iris wrote:
Not Born Yesterday wrote:Is it known what turned Bonnybraes into a rabid pro? Bren's change of heart was published for all to see but I have never heard what caused Bonnybraes to do the same.
I personally believe that Bren was leaned on, but Bonny was probably always a pro.
i agree

Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Age : 37
Location : tasmania australia
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Well said!

Post  comperedna on Sun 22 Sep - 14:44

I too just wondered whether Ms Ryan had been threatened by somebody or something, or at least whether she felt that she was. None of it is convincing.

comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 855
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Well said!

Post  dazedandconfused on Sun 22 Sep - 15:39

comperedna wrote:I too just wondered whether Ms Ryan had been threatened by somebody or something, or at least whether she felt that she was. None of it is convincing.
I think if I'd been threatened, perhaps harm to my family or something, I would just bow out gracefully and not say anything else, but a complete U-turn is very baffling, unless she was told that unless she took the opposite stance to her original one and to make it public, she would face financial ruin or something. Who knows what goes on in the background, there are some very shady characters involved in this whole sorry saga.

dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Well said!

Post  Justiceforallkids on Sun 22 Sep - 15:47

dazedandconfused wrote:
comperedna wrote:I too just wondered whether Ms Ryan had been threatened by somebody or something, or at least whether she felt that she was. None of it is convincing.
I think if I'd been threatened, perhaps harm to my family or something, I would just bow out gracefully and not say anything else, but a complete U-turn is very baffling, unless she was told that unless she took the opposite stance to her original one and to make it public, she would face financial ruin or something. áWho knows what goes on in the background, there are some very shady characters involved in this whole sorry saga.
kinda like a mob mentality with pros

Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Age : 37
Location : tasmania australia
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Well said!

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Sun 22 Sep - 17:34

I find it hard to believe that Bren could have been singled out for intimidation, apart from the usual insults from people who believe the McCanns - haters, vile trolls etc.

Unless she has pots of money, I don't think that Team McCann would care tuppence about her.

Maybe if she gets to hear of our interest in her motives, Bren will elaborate.....

She's entitled to change her mind of course but there has to be a reason for it.

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6695
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Well said!

Post  dazedandconfused on Sun 22 Sep - 18:32

Not Born Yesterday wrote:I find it hard to believe that Bren could have been singled out for intimidation, apart from the usual insults from people who believe the McCanns - haters, vile trolls etc.

Unless she has pots of money, I don't think that Team McCann would care tuppence about her.

Maybe if she gets to hear of our interest in her motives, Bren will elaborate.....

She's entitled to change her mind of course but there has to be a reason for it.
I don't think they would care tuppence about Brenda Ryan the individual, but the 3A's was a force to contend with, with her at the helm. I still miss 3As and it was a mine of information and so many people did painstaking research which we could all read there and which highlighted the flaws in the McCann version of affairs.

dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Well said!

Post  fred on Sun 22 Sep - 20:05

dazedandconfused wrote:
Not Born Yesterday wrote:I find it hard to believe that Bren could have been singled out for intimidation, apart from the usual insults from people who believe the McCanns - haters, vile trolls etc.

Unless she has pots of money, I don't think that Team McCann would care tuppence about her.

Maybe if she gets to hear of our interest in her motives, Bren will elaborate.....

She's entitled to change her mind of course but there has to be a reason for it.
I don't think they would care tuppence about Brenda Ryan the individual, but the 3A's was a force to contend with, with her at the helm. áI still miss 3As and it was a mine of information and so many people did painstaking research which we could all read there and which highlighted the flaws in the McCann version of affairs.
Yes totally agree with all of that. I thinks she was Carter Rucked and the easy way out was to make her back track!! If the Mccanns would have taken her to court it would have been pointless, but to make her publicly 'change sides' to prove that she was wrong to the 'followers' of the 3a wouls have been far more effective for "Team Mccann"

fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4830
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Well said!

Post  Guest on Sun 22 Sep - 22:01

At the very latter end, Bren was scared witless. áShe couldn't hand it over to BeoWulf fast enough. áThey had even changed servers from the UK to Canada before then, due to the current providers making noises that they wouldn't host it any more due to legal threats. á(The Canadians are a lot harder to order around than the Brits!) I do feel a wee bit sorry for Bren. She maybe felt she didn't have a choice.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Well said!

Post  Fudge on Sun 22 Sep - 22:44

Iris wrote:At the very latter end, Bren was scared witless. áShe couldn't hand it over to BeoWulf fast enough. áThey had even changed servers from the UK to Canada before then, due to the current providers making noises that they wouldn't host it any more due to legal threats. á(The Canadians are a lot harder to order around than the Brits!) áI do feel a wee bit sorry for Bren. áShe maybe felt she didn't have a choice.
From what I remember on 3As several people were threatened, their families also, it must have been very worrying for them all.

I wouldn't blame anyone for putting their family first in that situation, I know I would.


Fudge
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 500
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Well said!

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Sun 22 Sep - 23:08

If it's ever proved that Team McCann was behind such intimidation, I hope more than ever that the whole unsavoury crew eventually gets their just desserts.

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6695
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Well said!

Post  Sponsored content Today at 19:40


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum