Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CRIMEWATCH

+50
cherry1
comperedna
pennylane
Lioned
weissnicht
wjk
Panda
tanszi
mossman
kitti
MaryB
almostgothic
widowan
margaret
Wintabells
jinvta
cass
interested
Gobsmacked
rammy2
Keela
Annabel
malena stool
AnnaEsse
jeanmonroe
Karen
mara thon
Justiceforallkids
DavidA
the slave
quickfingers
Bebootje
LJC
ann_chovey
T4two
chrissie
saloongirl
Krisy22
dutchclogs
Loopdaloop
chrissie1
James
pamalam
marxman
keepingmum
Hongkong Phooey
fuzeta
Roasted Arizona
Chris
jejune
54 posters

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

CRIMEWATCH  - Page 6 Empty Re: CRIMEWATCH

Post  ann_chovey Tue 15 Oct - 10:20

cass wrote:is there anywhere that i can watch a bit of the programme - reason i ask is because a lady at work says kate looks very ill - shes a fence sitter and has jumped off - did kate come across as cold hearted re madeleine ?
I thought Kate looked poorly, actually felt sorry for her. Gerry smug as ever, they didn't seem like a close couple....body language anyone?
ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2529
Warning :
CRIMEWATCH  - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100CRIMEWATCH  - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Tue 15 Oct - 10:23

frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :
CRIMEWATCH  - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100CRIMEWATCH  - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Tue 15 Oct - 10:28

Do you know l only saw one comment last night of 'support' and that was someone claiming they can't see the parents disposing of their own child.

How times change! I hope SY are keeping a very close eye on Kate and Gerry because they look ill and scared.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 15 Oct - 10:30

ann_chovey wrote:
cass wrote:is there anywhere that i can watch a bit of the programme - reason i ask is because a lady at work says kate looks very ill - shes a fence sitter and has jumped off - did kate come across as cold hearted re madeleine ?
I thought Kate looked poorly, actually felt sorry for her. Gerry smug as ever, they didn't seem like a close couple....body language anyone?
Morning ann_chovey, no holding hands this time and I thought Kate might have been on tranquilisers , she looked very hard faced and her comments were something and nothing. They both know they will probably lose the case against Amaral , especially after this recon throws out of the window their timelines . It must be hurting them to realise they are not top dog any more , the Fund will close down, their reputations shot, their Legal Bill will make them broke and Kate can forget her third book being published .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 15 Oct - 10:36

margaret wrote:Do you know l only saw one comment last night of 'support' and that was someone claiming they can't see the parents disposing of their own child.

How times change!  I hope SY are keeping a very close eye on Kate and Gerry because they look ill and scared.
Morning Margaret, for the first time the McCanns looked ill at ease and their comments about missing Madeleine quite bizarre, "family" should not be the operative word it should have been "missing. I feel sorry for the twins, but not the Parents, you reap what you sow in this World , the Party's over Kate and Gerry .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  saloongirl Tue 15 Oct - 10:54

I thought Kate just seemed to be going through the motions of recounting the same old story (just as you would recite a poem you learnt years ago and can now repeat it without even having to think about it) but looked like even she couldn't be bothered with it anymore. I think the moment she got upset was genuine but not genuine grief for Madeleine, just for herself.
saloongirl
saloongirl
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 757
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 15 Oct - 11:08

saloongirl wrote:I thought Kate just seemed to be going through the motions of recounting the same old story (just as you would recite a poem you learnt years ago and can now repeat it without even having to think about it)  but looked like even she couldn't be bothered with it anymore. I think the moment she got upset was genuine but not genuine grief for Madeleine, just for herself.
Yes Saloongirl, I think the McCanns were wishing they were anywhere else other than in the Crimewatch Programme , no "we would like to thank all concerned etc,, "ask not for whom the Bell tolls, it tolls for thee".
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Tue 15 Oct - 11:34

I watched it but where to start? So much missed out. I need to watch it again to take it in. Very disappointed with the programme though.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 15 Oct - 11:38

kitti wrote:Someone rang up and gave Gerry Mccanns name and was told to stop wasting police time and was hung up on.
This is my worry. Anyone who points the finger at the McC's is just dismissed!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  the slave Tue 15 Oct - 11:49

What I find MOST incredible about the whole thing was ..THE TOTAL LACK OF ANY MENTION OF... DAVID PAYNE, FIONA PAYNE and DIANNE WEBSTER.
MOST peculiar.
It is HIGHLY significant I.M.H.O.
Payne, who featured so strongly in Kate's OWN version of that fateful evening.
Any idea WHY?
the slave
the slave
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 280
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 15 Oct - 11:53

BBC Crimewatch ‏@BBCCrimewatch 2h
Remember if you missed #crimewatch it's only on #BBCiPlayer for 24 hours for legal reasons. Individual appeals stay on #crimewatch website

Legal reasons?
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 15 Oct - 11:58

the slave wrote:What I find MOST incredible about the whole thing was ..THE TOTAL LACK OF ANY MENTION OF... DAVID PAYNE, FIONA PAYNE and DIANNE WEBSTER.
MOST peculiar.
Any idea WHY?
It's another stitch-up ,the Crimewatch was a farce...now they are trying to say there were a few Burglaries in the Area and Charity workers , the Portugese will be adamant now about re-opening the case with all this suggestion that they didn't do their job properly and PDL no place to go for a Holiday.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Tue 15 Oct - 12:02

Panda wrote:
margaret wrote:Do you know l only saw one comment last night of 'support' and that was someone claiming they can't see the parents disposing of their own child.

How times change!  I hope SY are keeping a very close eye on Kate and Gerry because they look ill and scared.
Morning Margaret, for the first time the McCanns looked ill at ease and their comments about missing Madeleine quite bizarre, "family" should not be the operative word it should have been "missing. I feel sorry for the twins, but not the Parents, you reap what you sow in this World , the Party's over Kate and Gerry .
Morning Panda, there was no hand holding, Gerry had to use another facial expression other than fear of publicising the Smith sighting so he used his smirk and Kate looks worse than ever, they have both lost weight.

The way they are looking says alot for me, full of fear imo
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 15 Oct - 12:05

the slave wrote:What I find MOST incredible about the whole thing was ..THE TOTAL LACK OF ANY MENTION OF... DAVID PAYNE, FIONA PAYNE and DIANNE WEBSTER.
MOST peculiar.
Any idea WHY?

I noticed it immediately. They were not mentioned by name as all the other group were in the film part as they all took their seats in the Tapas. They were only referred to as three other friends or some such expression. Whilst I would not have been too surprised that the nearly naked Kate/Payne apartment encounter was ignored, the complete exclusion of the family is odd.

Fiona was Kate's good friend also, not the others, they had holidayed together before etc. It is as if they were never there.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Tue 15 Oct - 12:05

almostgothic wrote:BBC Crimewatch ‏@BBCCrimewatch 2h
Remember if you missed #crimewatch it's only on #BBCiPlayer for 24 hours for legal reasons. Individual appeals stay on #crimewatch website

Legal reasons?
May be because it's the time required for a injonction against the programme to arrive by post at the BBC? And when it's arrives,nothing in sight anymore. Or?
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 15 Oct - 12:22

Thanks to  ConcernedCitizen over at JH's forum - a link to a composite version of the e-fits by Professor Peter Hancock (Stirling University).

http://psych-survey.stir.ac.uk/McCannComposites.html
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  rammy2 Tue 15 Oct - 12:31

Well the apartment in the recon was lovely wasn't it? A lot nicer than the actual apartment, nice cream sofas, white and glass furniture, not a towel or flip flop in sight.

Their recorded interview was nice as well wasn't it? very 'Princess Diana like' moody lighting, regal furniture, Kirstie gently interviewing them. Then back to the studio and I honestly thought Kirstie was going to cry, but she managed to pull herself together.

Not very 'Crimewatch' though!!

I really need to watch it again, Im 'preparing myself'.
rammy2

Number of posts : 49
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Tue 15 Oct - 12:35

A lot of the programme didn't seem to have any point at all. Most of it could have been done in five minutes. They need to know who the man was the Smiths saw. End of story.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 15 Oct - 13:34

margaret wrote:
Panda wrote:

Morning Panda, there was no hand holding, Gerry had to use another facial expression other than fear of publicising the Smith sighting so he used his smirk and Kate looks worse than ever, they have both lost weight.

The way they are looking says alot for me, full of fear imo
Hi margaret, I think it is a combination of things. They are not in charge, this recon was all about Madeleine and Kate looked as if she had taken tranquilisers , no rapport or solidarity between them. Plus the fact they must know they can't win against Amaral, a paucity of tapas friends, those witnesses they had did not have any credibility. If they lose it will cost them dearly, the Fund will close and they will find their high class "Friends", like Branson, etc will no longer be interested in them. Plus, if they HAVE split, Kate will have to find a full time job. House prices have gone up again so they will probably sell the House and Kate will take the twins to Canada is my guess.

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Tue 15 Oct - 13:48

So that was Crimewatch. Well, that's what the parents wanted wasn't it? Remember all those years ago when the Portuguese wanted a proper reconstruction and the spokesperson said, "Kate and Gerry are prepared to do a crimewatch type appeal but they don't see the point of doing a reconstruction as requested by the Portuguese police," or words to that effect. So there we have it - SY obliged and the duo got their crimewatch. Well, that's what they do innit? The Brit police I mean - crimewatch appeals and subsequent trawling for suspects using E-fits - it's their modus operandi. I do vaguely remember an alternative of course and that was a case when they were convinced that a pizza or pizza package could be the key to cracking a case - which sent them off trawling through tons of rubbish. Of course we got regular updates on tonnage, how many man hours it was taking etc - all good PR stuff - until by a stroke of luck someone discovered the body and someone at forensics then discovered the DNA which cracked the case and got the perpetrator convicted - or they might still be looking for that pizza to this very day. Which brings me back to the case in hand? For E-fit suspect, person of interest etc. substitute pizza or pizza packaging. Get it? Scotland don't - and I don't expect they ever will. Which is why I'll keep faith in Amaral and the Portuguese - the only real detectives on this case.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 15 Oct - 13:55

T4two wrote:So that was Crimewatch. Well, that's what the parents wanted wasn't it? Remember all those years ago when the Portuguese wanted a proper reconstruction and the spokesperson said, "Kate and Gerry are prepared to do a crimewatch type appeal but they don't see the point of doing a reconstruction as requested by the Portuguese police," or words to that effect. So there we have it - SY obliged and the duo got their crimewatch. Well, that's what they do innit? The Brit police I mean - crimewatch appeals and subsequent trawling for suspects using E-fits - it's their modus operandi. I do vaguely remember an alternative of course and that was a case when they were convinced that a pizza or pizza package could be the key to cracking a case - which sent them off trawling through tons of rubbish. Of course we got regular updates on tonnage, how many man hours it was taking etc - all good PR stuff - until by a stroke of luck someone discovered the body and someone at forensics then discovered the DNA which cracked the case and got the perpetrator convicted - or they might still be looking for that pizza to this very day. Which brings me back to the case in hand? For E-fit suspect, person of interest etc. substitute pizza or pizza packaging. Get it? Scotland don't - and I don't expect they ever will. Which is why I'll keep faith in Amaral and the Portuguese - the only real detectives on this case.      
hhhi T4two, I don't get the Pizza packaging either....unless you are talking about the businessman driving back from Lagos in the early hours of thr morning who caught a couple in the Cars' headlights, the Man carrying something, who turned into a lane ?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Tue 15 Oct - 14:02

Panda wrote:
T4two wrote:So that was Crimewatch. Well, that's what the parents wanted wasn't it? Remember all those years ago when the Portuguese wanted a proper reconstruction and the spokesperson said, "Kate and Gerry are prepared to do a crimewatch type appeal but they don't see the point of doing a reconstruction as requested by the Portuguese police," or words to that effect. So there we have it - SY obliged and the duo got their crimewatch. Well, that's what they do innit? The Brit police I mean - crimewatch appeals and subsequent trawling for suspects using E-fits - it's their modus operandi. I do vaguely remember an alternative of course and that was a case when they were convinced that a pizza or pizza package could be the key to cracking a case - which sent them off trawling through tons of rubbish. Of course we got regular updates on tonnage, how many man hours it was taking etc - all good PR stuff - until by a stroke of luck someone discovered the body and someone at forensics then discovered the DNA which cracked the case and got the perpetrator convicted - or they might still be looking for that pizza to this very day. Which brings me back to the case in hand? For E-fit suspect, person of interest etc. substitute pizza or pizza packaging. Get it? Scotland don't - and I don't expect they ever will. Which is why I'll keep faith in Amaral and the Portuguese - the only real detectives on this case.      
hhhi T4two, I don't get the Pizza packaging either....unless you are talking about the businessman driving back from Lagos in the early hours of thr morning who caught a couple in the Cars' headlights, the Man carrying something, who turned into a lane ?
Sorry - I'm talking about another famous/notorious case where Brit police went off on a wild goose chase and crimewatch spree, in Bristol I think - nothing to do with the Mcs - everything to do with the way the Brit police work.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 15 Oct - 14:11

T4two wrote:
Panda wrote:
Sorry - I'm talking about another famous/notorious case where Brit police went off on a wild goose chase and crimewatch spree, in Bristol I think - nothing to do with the Mcs - everything to do with the way the Brit police work.
I don't know how Redwood made it to Detective Inspector....he is an idiot, but as Lioned pointed out, he was deliberately chosen!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Tue 15 Oct - 14:17

Panda wrote:
T4two wrote:
Panda wrote:
I don't know how Redwood made it to Detective Inspector....he is an idiot, but as Lioned pointed out, he was deliberately chosen!!!
Almost everyone is promoted to at least one level beyond their capability.
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 15 Oct - 14:25

[quote="jassi"]
Panda wrote:
T4two wrote:
Panda wrote:
Almost everyone is promoted to at least one level  beyond their capability.[/quote
Well there's certainly No Poirot or Holmes among the British police involved in this case so far. Call me "Stu" and Redwood were informers for the McCanns .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next