Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

'Maddie ' found in Greece

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 'Maddie ' found in Greece

Post  kitti on Mon 21 Oct - 7:53

Oh dear, sky news this morning...shame on you John.


Picture off girl in newspaper along side Ben Needham and Madeleine McCann.


Not ONCE did you mention Ben...not bloody once and the paper is up there on the big screen...you ignored Ben.


All you talked about is the poor mccanns and what they are going through for the past 6 1/2 years, not knowing if Madeleine is Alive or dead.


You should be ashamed off yourself...I used to admire you...now.....I don't think that much off you...is it because the mccanns are doctors or what....how you can sit there and not even mention Kerry is beyond me...your a Bloody disgrace...go read the police files for god sake you stupid stupid man.

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Maddie ' found in Greece

Post  Keela on Mon 21 Oct - 13:45

kitti wrote:Oh dear, sky news this morning...shame on you John.


Picture off girl in newspaper along side Ben Needham and Madeleine McCann.


Not ONCE did you mention Ben...not bloody once and the paper is up there on the big screen...you ignored Ben.


All you talked about is the poor mccanns and what they are going through for the past 6 1/2 years, not knowing if Madeleine is Alive or dead.


You should be ashamed off yourself...I used to admire you...now.....I don't think that much off you...is it because the mccanns are doctors or what....how you can sit  there and not even mention Kerry is beyond me...your a Bloody disgrace...go read the police files for god sake you stupid stupid man.

  Kitti.

The mccanns are the only ones in the whole world who have had a child disappear. Think Kerry Needham, Claudia Lawrences's family ( Ok she was an adult but that doesn't make the hurt and anguish any less).

Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2302
Age : 63
Location : Darkened room, hoping for the best.
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Maddie ' found in Greece

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Mon 21 Oct - 13:52

It's true to say that the McCanns are the only people with a missing child to have been treated in the way that they have.

The question is why? What makes them so different from everyone else? Being "respectable doctors" (my elbow!) is not a sufficient or believable answer.

I really would appreciate an opinion from Snowflake or any other supporter on this.

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6695
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Maddie ' found in Greece

Post  Lioned on Mon 21 Oct - 14:32

It may well be that this little girl was given to the adoptive parents by a 'mother' who couldnt cope !

Maybe this little girl is perfectly happy where she is.

The newspapers are very good at making her look forlorn and miserable.

Thats what newspapers do when it suits them.

Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8553
Age : 107
Location : Down South
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Maddie ' found in Greece

Post  oversoon on Mon 21 Oct - 15:11

Iris wrote:They don't even pay the wages of their civil servants at the moment in Greece!  My hairdresser is Greek (and blonde, btw) and she sends half her pay home to help keep her parents and little brothers.  Her father works for a public ministry in Greece and he hasn't received his full pay for nine months now.  So I can't see anybody stealing or "adopting" kids for money, because there isn't any money!
I live in Greece ( Rhodes ). One British newspaper claimed the Gypsy woman was getting 2500 euro / month for all the kids she had registered - ridiculous. 1000 / month ( for our 5 month tourist season ) is considered a very good wage here. That woman would have registered those kids in order to obtain residency only ( probably belonged to relatives ). Normally they come down from Bulgaria or Albania.

However, in the gypsy community, kids ( under 10 years or so ) are an asset as they all are out begging and bringing in quite good money from gullible tourists. Usually they are drugged and set up in a high volume area with a small dog that is also drugged.

oversoon
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 52
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Maddie ' found in Greece

Post  LJC on Mon 21 Oct - 15:23

oversoon wrote:
Iris wrote:They don't even pay the wages of their civil servants at the moment in Greece!  My hairdresser is Greek (and blonde, btw) and she sends half her pay home to help keep her parents and little brothers.  Her father works for a public ministry in Greece and he hasn't received his full pay for nine months now.  So I can't see anybody stealing or "adopting" kids for money, because there isn't any money!
I live in Greece ( Rhodes ). One British newspaper claimed the Gypsy woman was getting 2500 euro / month for all the kids she had registered - ridiculous. 1000 / month ( for our 5 month tourist season ) is considered a very good wage here. That woman would have registered those kids in order to obtain residency only ( probably belonged to relatives ). Normally they come down from Bulgaria or Albania.

However, in the gypsy community, kids ( under 10 years or so ) are an asset as they all are out begging and bringing in quite good money from gullible tourists. Usually they are drugged and set up in a high volume area with a small dog that is also drugged.
So, on that basis, the McCanns should be scouring the faces of begging children and looking into their eyes. Not hard to find in the right communities on any street corner in Greece I would have thought.

Oh, sorry, too late, under 10 years or so you say? Well, might still be possible. Its borderline, given she's 10 now. Best get themselves out there then.

But I thought Gerry said he had studied many child abduction cases, he told Crimewatch this, so he should have known where to start searching a long time ago.


LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Maddie ' found in Greece

Post  Guest on Mon 21 Oct - 16:47

Lioned wrote:It may well be that this little girl was given to the adoptive parents by a 'mother' who couldnt cope !

Maybe this little girl is perfectly happy where she is.

The newspapers are very good at making her look forlorn and miserable.

Thats what newspapers do when it suits them.
I would look bloody miserable and forlorn too if my home had just been raided by police, and I had been taken away from my "family"!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 'Maddie ' found in Greece

Post  Lioned on Mon 21 Oct - 17:08

Indeed,though not saying living with the Romany's is the best place to be,probably safer there than she would be going on a weekend break with some careless doctors.
No i was reacting to the article written by a couple of so called journalists in the Wail today (i didnt buy it got it free with my Waitrose card).

This is the first line of the article which includes a picture of the little girl standing sucking her two middle fingers,like kids do,next to a couple of adults who look like their dancing.

"Dancing reluctantly for the crowd,the blue eyed,pale skinned little girl looks lost and out of place".

Not suggesting you waste your money and rush out to buy the paper but in the picture being described there is no crowd,the child isnt dancing and they (jurno's) wouldn't know unless they were actually there and she does t look lost or out of place.
Its a whole page article and thats as far as i got.

Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8553
Age : 107
Location : Down South
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Maddie ' found in Greece

Post  malena stool on Mon 21 Oct - 17:21

LJC wrote:
oversoon wrote:
Iris wrote:They don't even pay the wages of their civil servants at the moment in Greece!  My hairdresser is Greek (and blonde, btw) and she sends half her pay home to help keep her parents and little brothers.  Her father works for a public ministry in Greece and he hasn't received his full pay for nine months now.  So I can't see anybody stealing or "adopting" kids for money, because there isn't any money!
I live in Greece ( Rhodes ). One British newspaper claimed the Gypsy woman was getting 2500 euro / month for all the kids she had registered - ridiculous. 1000 / month ( for our 5 month tourist season ) is considered a very good wage here. That woman would have registered those kids in order to obtain residency only ( probably belonged to relatives ). Normally they come down from Bulgaria or Albania.

However, in the gypsy community, kids ( under 10 years or so ) are an asset as they all are out begging and bringing in quite good money from gullible tourists. Usually they are drugged and set up in a high volume area with a small dog that is also drugged.
So, on that basis, the McCanns should be scouring the faces of begging children and looking into their eyes.  Not hard to find in the right communities on any street corner in Greece I would have thought.

Oh, sorry, too late, under 10 years or so you say?  Well, might still be possible. Its borderline, given she's 10 now. Best get themselves out there then.  

But I thought Gerry said he had studied many child abduction cases, he told Crimewatch this, so he should have known where to start searching a long time ago.

He did know the best places where to look LJC, they looked at lots of scenery as they went jogging by and the tennis courts were really well investigated.

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13253
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Maddie ' found in Greece

Post  Lioned on Mon 21 Oct - 19:37

Actually showed a short video clip of the girl 'dancing' in the scene i set in previous post with a couple of adults.Looks just like a family affair late into the evening and shes just tired and sucking her fingers,doesn't look like shes enslaved.

Fact is you can paint a pretty rotten picture of Romany Gypsies probably with some foundation but i think they probably tend to look after their own.


Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8553
Age : 107
Location : Down South
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Maddie ' found in Greece

Post  kitti on Mon 21 Oct - 21:50

did you see the picture off her bedroom...all pink and sparkly and  neat and tidy.....she was very much loved.

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Maddie ' found in Greece

Post  Lioned on Mon 21 Oct - 22:07

kitti wrote:did you see the picture off her bedroom...all pink and sparkly and  neat and tidy.....she was very much loved.
I saw that.I also saw it suggested that the family tidied it up for the camera shoot as it was previously filthy dirty.

Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8553
Age : 107
Location : Down South
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Maddie ' found in Greece

Post  mara thon on Mon 21 Oct - 22:28

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/maria-mystery-roma-couple-court-104346490.html

Maria: Roma Couple Charged With Abduction


A Roma couple have been formally charged with abducting a mystery blonde-haired, blue-eyed girl in Greece.

The pair, named in local papers as Hristos Salis, 39, and Eleftheria Dimopoulou, 40, were escorted into the back of a courthouse in Larissa from a police van.

Their friends and family waited at the front of the building, with reporters and TV satellite crews, as a dozen police officers stood guard. No press were allowed into the court.

The couple told the investigative magistrate the girl's biological mother gave the little girl to them as a baby because she could not look after her.

They deny charges of abduction and procuring false documents relating to the girl's birth certificate.

One of their lawyers, Constantinos Katsavos, told reporters outside court: "It was an adoption that was not exactly legal but took place with the mother's consent."

The court will decide whether the pair will be kept in custody pending trial or released on bail.

The mystery girl, known as Maria, was discovered living in a Roma camp near the Greek town of Farsala on Wednesday after a raid by police looking for drugs and weapons.

British police say there is no link between her case and that of missing boy Ben Needham , who was 21 months old when he vanished on the Greek island of Kos in 1991.

A prosecutor who accompanied police on the raid thought it odd that Maria did not look like her darker-skinned "parents".

DNA tests later confirmed the couple are not her biological parents.

The pair claim they were given the child by a Bulgarian woman who was unable to look after her, two weeks after she was born on January 31, 2009.

Greek authorities have put out a worldwide appeal to help identify the youngster and find her real family.

Maria, who utters just a few words in Greek and Roma dialect, is being cared for in Athens by the Greek charity Smile Of The Child and is said to be "doing well".

Charity spokesman Panagiotis Pardalis told Sky News that Maria is still in hospital and waiting for medical examinations to be completed.


"She is talking to hospital staff and seems happy, and is playing with staff and showing normal child behaviour," he said.

The Roma couple claim Maria is four years old, although medical and dental tests have confirmed she is a year or two older than that.

The little girl, dubbed the "blonde angel" by Greek media, will be transferred to one of the charity's homes when she leaves hospital.

The charity has been inundated with more than 8,000 calls about the girl from around the world, including from people in the US, Scandinavia, Australia and South Africa.

Some of the calls had specific details and have been forwarded to police.

Neighbours in Farsala's ramshackle Roma camp said Maria's real father had come to look for her soon after she was taken away by police.

Babis Dimitriou, chairman of the local Roma community, told The Daily Telegraph: "There was a Bulgarian husband and wife who were working around Greece in temporary jobs, who used to stay here sometimes.

"At one point they left the girl to be raised by the family here in the village.

"The family raised the child as if it was their own, although her father would come back every now and then to see her. The last time he visited was only five days ago, after the arrests had been made.

"All the other Roma here were telling the Bulgarian man to explain to the police that the girl was his, but he has now disappeared."

His account was backed by other residents, the paper reported.

The Roma community in Farsala is said to be anxious about the worldwide media attention the case is attracting.

In a country already devastated by economic crisis, the Roma in the camp make a living selling fruit, carpets, blankets, baskets and shoes at local markets.

They are already considered by some to be social outcasts, thieves and beggars, and they are now worried they will be stigmatised as kidnappers and child traffickers.




mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7062
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Maddie ' found in Greece

Post  mara thon on Mon 21 Oct - 22:30

I truly wonder if we would ever have heard of this case at all if it wasn't for the hype over the Mccanns.

mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7062
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Maddie ' found in Greece

Post  tanszi on Mon 21 Oct - 22:38

8,000 worldwide enquiries about Maria, which suggests there are 8,000 or more missing children out there.

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3096
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Maddie ' found in Greece

Post  jinvta on Mon 21 Oct - 23:11

tanszi wrote:8,000 worldwide enquiries about Maria, which suggests there are 8,000 or more missing children out there.
 
Not all 8000 enquiries are tips:
 
A Greek appeal for help in identifying the girl has triggered a global outpouring of sympathy and tips -- over 8,000 calls so far -- but no concrete breakthroughs, authorities said Monday.
 
Respondents include people from the U.S., Scandinavia and other parts of Europe, Australia and South Africa.
 
Greek police on the case are investigating everything from a potential link with child trafficking rings to a welfare scam or even simple charity as they seek the child's biological parents.
 
"The case has touched a chord with lots of people from many countries," Panayiotis Pardalis, a charity spokesman, told The Associated Press on Monday. "We've received photos of missing children and potentially connected cases which we are forwarding to the police, but there are also -- and that's the majority -- people conveying their support and concern."

jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Maddie ' found in Greece

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Tue 22 Oct - 13:54

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24626422

Another child possibly "abducted by gypsies" - this time in Ireland.

Oh dear, we're on a roll here, aren't we?

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6695
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Maddie ' found in Greece

Post  mara thon on Tue 22 Oct - 14:25

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/maria-police-investigate-kansas-lead-130701641.html

Maria Police Investigate Kansas Lead

baby who went missing in Kansas two years ago is being linked to the young girl allegedly abducted by a Roma family in Greece.

The Kansas link is one of four promising leads being followed up by police in the US.

The parents of Lisa Irwin, who went missing in October 2011, contacted Greek authorities in the hope that 'Maria' could be their daughter.

Lisa was only 11 months old when she disappeared from Kansas City.

Her parents believe she was kidnapped and have set up a website offering a $100,000 (£62,000) reward as part of their efforts try to track her down.

More follows...


mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7062
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Maddie ' found in Greece

Post  pipstar1 on Tue 22 Oct - 14:30

So,  is "Madeleine" going to be suddenly "found" or rather planted in a gypsy settlement?  Blonde child of relevant age, with an acquired coloboma.  Money changing hands etc.   Would solve the problem for Mc Canns, with Amaral's libel trial.   No need to explain the "abduction",  close all investigations.  Who would ever know the truth of the DNA?

pipstar1
Newbie
Newbie

Number of posts : 49
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Maddie ' found in Greece

Post  mara thon on Tue 22 Oct - 15:02

pipstar1 wrote:So,  is "Madeleine" going to be suddenly "found" or rather planted in a gypsy settlement?  Blonde child of relevant age, with an acquired coloboma.  Money changing hands etc.   Would solve the problem for Mc Canns, with Amaral's libel trial.   No need to explain the "abduction",  close all investigations.  Who would ever know the truth of the DNA?

I think we can all see where this is leading to !

mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7062
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Maddie ' found in Greece

Post  chrissie on Tue 22 Oct - 15:07

fleetstreetfox ‏@fleetstreetfox 1m

Blonde child seized from Roma in Dublin. Just as well brunettes never disappear, hey? Oh.

chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3283
Age : 55
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Maddie ' found in Greece

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Tue 22 Oct - 16:17

How they can think the girl in Greece could be Lisa Irwin I don't know! She would be 3 in November whereas the other child is thought to be about 6.

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6695
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Maddie ' found in Greece

Post  mara thon on Tue 22 Oct - 16:42

I think I can foresee a whole spate of abducted blonde children being reported all over the place.

mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7062
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Maddie ' found in Greece

Post  interested on Tue 22 Oct - 16:55

pipstar1 wrote:So,  is "Madeleine" going to be suddenly "found" or rather planted in a gypsy settlement?  Blonde child of relevant age, with an acquired coloboma.  Money changing hands etc.   Would solve the problem for Mc Canns, with Amaral's libel trial.   No need to explain the "abduction",  close all investigations.  Who would ever know the truth of the DNA?



Do the police routinely check gypsy camps for children who look like they do not "belong" there? I find the timing of these two (Greece and now Ireland) discoveries, coming as they do on the heels of the Crimewatch "show" which furthered the "abduction" myth, more than a little curious. I can't remember any other such cases getting the world wide attention these current two are getting. Now, if I was a suspicious person, I might think there is a connection along the lines of "see, the gypsies could have dunnit".

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2395
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Maddie ' found in Greece

Post  AnnaEsse on Tue 22 Oct - 17:00

interested wrote:
pipstar1 wrote:So,  is "Madeleine" going to be suddenly "found" or rather planted in a gypsy settlement?  Blonde child of relevant age, with an acquired coloboma.  Money changing hands etc.   Would solve the problem for Mc Canns, with Amaral's libel trial.   No need to explain the "abduction",  close all investigations.  Who would ever know the truth of the DNA?


Do the police routinely check gypsy camps for children who look like they do not "belong" there?  I find the timing of these two (Greece and now Ireland) discoveries, coming as they do on the heels of the Crimewatch "show" which furthered the "abduction" myth, more than a little curious.  I can't remember any other such cases getting the world wide attention these current two are getting.  Now, if I was a suspicious person, I might think there is a connection along the lines of "see, the gypsies could have dunnit".
I don't know why police are suddenly being tipped off about blonde girls (so far!) in gypsy camps. And the assumptions being made, i.e., that the gypsies must have abducted these children is rather prejudiced in my mind. These cases are reinforcing all those old fears about gypsies stealing children.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18417
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Maddie ' found in Greece

Post  Sponsored content Today at 17:52


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum