Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Coming up on ITV news at 1.30

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Coming up on ITV news at 1.30

Post  interested on Fri 25 Oct - 21:00

FSoares wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:No, we have never been here before because never before did we have the PJ contributing to the whitewash. I would love to be proved wrong. In fact, I pray I am proved wrong the same way I always prayed that Madeleine would be found alive (and I was therefore proved wrong) but I suspect (and I understand it in a way) that some people want to convince themselves this is all a scheme to nail them because what I think is the reality is too disappointing (and terribly unfair) to accept.
Exactly and everybody's expectations must be low at the moment. Neither an abductor or Madeleine will be found nor the truth will ever come out!



It is all bloody politics.

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2426
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Coming up on ITV news at 1.30

Post  Claudia79 on Fri 25 Oct - 21:02

FSoares wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:No, we have never been here before because never before did we have the PJ contributing to the whitewash. I would love to be proved wrong. In fact, I pray I am proved wrong the same way I always prayed that Madeleine would be found alive (and I was therefore proved wrong) but I suspect (and I understand it in a way) that some people want to convince themselves this is all a scheme to nail them because what I think is the reality is too disappointing (and terribly unfair) to accept.
Exactly and everybody's expectations must be low at the moment. Neither an abductor or Madeleine will be found nor the truth will ever come out!
 

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Coming up on ITV news at 1.30

Post  quickfingers on Fri 25 Oct - 21:08

Do you think their request to be made assistentes will be approved? If so I totally agree that this is over.

quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 659
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Coming up on ITV news at 1.30

Post  FSoares on Fri 25 Oct - 21:12

quickfingers wrote:Do you think their request to be made assistentes will be approved?  If so I totally agree that this is over.
This is merely my opinion and I hope I can be wrong, but if it's approved this is over.

ETA: let me explain why do I think it's over:
- one of the mistakes PJ has committed - I mean back in 2007 - was keeping regurlar briefings with the McCanns to inform them about the investigation. Let's say the "due respect" between the police and one interested party was lost. If you brief someone telling them all you find and then you make them suspects, it's obvious from that moment on, if the party has "power" is the police that is going to be put on a bad image. PJ did it and it seems they are still following the same line of things they shouldn't do.

FSoares
Moderator
Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 1448
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Coming up on ITV news at 1.30

Post  margaret on Fri 25 Oct - 21:17

FSoares wrote:
quickfingers wrote:Do you think their request to be made assistentes will be approved?  If so I totally agree that this is over.
This is merely my opinion and I hope I can be wrong, but if it's approved this is over.

With thanks to CMOMM how can it be a whitewash if this is true?

David Steel's Twitter:
Joana Morais Video with the dogs will be broadcast later... A few points so far - CMTV states the reconstruction will go ahead and that the parents have showed their availability to attend; - the former Minister of the Interior (MAI) Rui Pereira said the McCanns should be constituted as arguidos until the end of the inquest; - The McCanns have requested to be assistants to the process;
It can't be a whitewash if the Mccanns need to do a reconstruction, why would the PJ bother to waste money on it when they could find an excuse?

margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Coming up on ITV news at 1.30

Post  Guest on Fri 25 Oct - 21:20

Until a body is found, or overwhelming evidence is found, or a credible confession is obtained, this can never be over. No matter how often we are told otherwise.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Coming up on ITV news at 1.30

Post  mossman on Fri 25 Oct - 21:22

quickfingers wrote:Do you think their request to be made assistentes will be approved?  If so I totally agree that this is over.

I don't think they have formally made the application yet, have they ? One thing having your lawyer blowing his trumpet, it is another thing actually doing it. It will be a very important factor to show how this is going. Even me in my optimistic hat will consider approval a disaster. But, as yet, I have not heard an application has actually been made.

mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Coming up on ITV news at 1.30

Post  tanszi on Fri 25 Oct - 21:26

that's what I mean Mossman, why on earth is this being reported, who is giving this to the media..... you can forget judicial secrecy

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3098
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Coming up on ITV news at 1.30

Post  FSoares on Fri 25 Oct - 21:28

margaret wrote:
FSoares wrote:
quickfingers wrote:Do you think their request to be made assistentes will be approved?  If so I totally agree that this is over.
This is merely my opinion and I hope I can be wrong, but if it's approved this is over.
With thanks to CMOMM how can it be a whitewash if this is true?

David Steel's Twitter:
Joana Morais Video with the dogs will be broadcast later... A few points so far - CMTV states the reconstruction will go ahead and that the parents have showed their availability to attend; - the former Minister of the Interior (MAI) Rui Pereira said the McCanns should be constituted as arguidos until the end of the inquest; - The McCanns have requested to be assistants to the process;
It can't be a whitewash if the Mccanns need to do a reconstruction, why would the PJ bother to waste money on it when they could find an excuse?
Nobody knows if there will be a reconstruction and both police forces know about the dogs and it seems they don't care much about it.

FSoares
Moderator
Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 1448
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Coming up on ITV news at 1.30

Post  frencheuropean on Fri 25 Oct - 21:30

Don't give up that easy! Even if they are "assistant" the juge may filter what they are allowed to know.
I don't think that a whitewash will be that easy. The police's explanations will be under scrutiny. It's not that easy to find the ideal culprit, dead or alive, you have to present proofs and the Redwood type explanation ( white/pink pyjama, hop, blue/orange pyjama) won't resist to a serious analyse.
Of course, if our forums are being deserted, it will be easier for a whitewash to conquer the public opinion.We have to be strong to be able to fight a whitewash if it occurs, even "pour l'honneur" but at the moment we have no proof it's the case and we have, imo to think positive.


Last edited by frencheuropean on Fri 25 Oct - 21:32; edited 1 time in total

frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1187
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Coming up on ITV news at 1.30

Post  MaryB on Fri 25 Oct - 21:30

Why are they even announcing this. Why not just do it quietly. Without the usual fanfare of trumpets. They're only thinking about it but we even have to have a big announcement of what they're thinking. Didn't see anything on Sky news about it when I looked a while ago.

MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Coming up on ITV news at 1.30

Post  FSoares on Fri 25 Oct - 21:33

frencheuropean wrote:Don't give up that easy! Even if they are "assistant" the juge may filter what they are allowed to know.
I don't think that a whitewash will be that easy. The police's explanations will be under scrutiny. It's not that easy to find the ideal culprit, dead or alive, you have to present proofs and the Redwood type explanation ( white/pink pyjama, hop, blue/orange pyjama) won't resist to a serious analyse.
Of course, if our forums are being deserted, it will be easier for a whitewash to conquer the public opinion.We have to be strong to be able to fight a whitewash if it occurs, even "pour l'honneur" but at the moment we have no proof it's the case ans we have, imo to think positive.
We don't have to give up! We can stay here for a lifetime no matter the outcome.

FSoares
Moderator
Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 1448
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Coming up on ITV news at 1.30

Post  FSoares on Fri 25 Oct - 21:35

MaryB wrote:Why are they even announcing this.  Why not just do it quietly.  Without the usual fanfare of trumpets.  They're only thinking about it but we even have to have a big announcement of what they're thinking.    Didn't see anything on Sky news about it when I looked a while ago.
The fanfare needed is "they are not suspects". They need to announce it loud all over the planet because it's what they want. ;) It's not difficult to understand.

FSoares
Moderator
Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 1448
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Coming up on ITV news at 1.30

Post  mossman on Fri 25 Oct - 21:37

tanszi wrote:that's what I mean Mossman, why on earth is this being reported, who is giving this to the media..... you can forget judicial secrecy

Tanszi, the quote I saw was from their lawyer, saying he could say nothing about anything but that they were going to apply and that they were no long suspects, or words to that effect. A statement like Clarence would make. It was not the good looking man called Carlos that was with Kate in 2007 but a man I had not heard of previously. I have read a post which states he is a criminal lawyer.

He should keep going I say, it's a good way to annoy the Portugese and you would hope the more statements they make like that might have a negative effect on any application.

mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Coming up on ITV news at 1.30

Post  kitti on Fri 25 Oct - 21:38

interested wrote:After reading all the foregoing comments, I am thoroughly confused. Should I take it that the McCanns are now prosecutors? This can't be happening!!! I was so optimistic yesterday and today so baffled about what I've been reading. I have to remind myself this case has been such a rollercoaster for six and one-half years and I have felt many other times that a particular event was going to lead to justice for Madeleine only to be disappointed....again and again. I am determined to remain optimistic that the truth will be revealed.......and I certainly don't mean the McCanns' truth.

I like the bit about private prosecution if the culprit is found.


You know what that means don't you....Sue.....sue.......sue.....the Portuguese state .


Greedy b.....ds.....

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Coming up on ITV news at 1.30

Post  kitti on Fri 25 Oct - 21:47

But there not going to find an 'abductor ' are they because there isn't one so how are they going to get round that.

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Coming up on ITV news at 1.30

Post  Colonel Fabien on Fri 25 Oct - 21:53

To Claudia and FSoares, if this is what you believe then why don't you just close up shop. It's better than reading you two moaning and groaning and indulging in a "procès d'intention" with the PJ and the MP.  

Colonel Fabien
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 347
Age : 69
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Coming up on ITV news at 1.30

Post  FSoares on Fri 25 Oct - 21:57

Colonel Fabien wrote:To Claudia and FSoares, if this is what you believe then why don't you just close up shop. It's better than reading you two moaning and groaning and indulging in a "procès d'intention" with the PJ and the MP.  
Nobody is going to close up shop. What is your point of view then, after what was made public?

FSoares
Moderator
Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 1448
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Coming up on ITV news at 1.30

Post  Claudia79 on Fri 25 Oct - 22:13

Colonel Fabien wrote:To Claudia and FSoares, if this is what you believe then why don't you just close up shop. It's better than reading you two moaning and groaning and indulging in a "procès d'intention" with the PJ and the MP.  
I only shut up when I decide to shut up not when I'm told to whether my opinions are liked or not. I will not stay silent because some people may not like what I have to say and I also won't lie so people can continue to believe what I think is a fairytale. Everyone is free to believe what they want. You are free to believe and post that SY and the PJ are going to nail the McCanns and arrest them on live TV for the whole world to see. And I promise I won't tell you're delusional.

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Coming up on ITV news at 1.30

Post  Claudia79 on Fri 25 Oct - 22:14

FSoares wrote:
Colonel Fabien wrote:To Claudia and FSoares, if this is what you believe then why don't you just close up shop. It's better than reading you two moaning and groaning and indulging in a "procès d'intention" with the PJ and the MP.  
Nobody is going to close up shop. What is your point of view then, after what was made public?
And what wasn't...

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Coming up on ITV news at 1.30

Post  Claudia79 on Fri 25 Oct - 22:18

Let's not be naive. There was a libel trial going on. And it wasn't going exactly great for the McCanns. Do you think the timing of all this was a coincidence? If the McCanns are officially considered not suspects, that may have implications on the trial. And if that happens, if it is official, it becomes a lot easier to shut people up. Until now, our suspicions were based on official documents. If the official 'conclusion' changes... Well, it isn't that hard to imagine the rest, is it?

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Coming up on ITV news at 1.30

Post  Colonel Fabien on Fri 25 Oct - 22:22

I'm just not lookin in on this site anymore as I am not a defeatist nor am I delusional.

Where is the OFFICIAL statement that they are not suspects? Where is the OFFICIAL statement that they are only looking into an abduction?

Colonel Fabien
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 347
Age : 69
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Coming up on ITV news at 1.30

Post  Claudia79 on Fri 25 Oct - 22:24

Colonel Fabien wrote:I'm just not lookin in on this site anymore as I am not a defeatist nor am I delusional.

Where is the OFFICIAL statement that they are not suspects? Where is the OFFICIAL statement that they are only looking into an abduction?
Oh, don't worry. It will come. And I suspect it won't take long. When is trial supposed to resume?

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Coming up on ITV news at 1.30

Post  Guest on Fri 25 Oct - 22:27

Colonel Fabien wrote:I'm just not lookin in on this site anymore as I am not a defeatist nor am I delusional.

Where is the OFFICIAL statement that they are not suspects? Where is the OFFICIAL statement that they are only looking into an abduction?
I don't care how many official statements are put out, and by what government. Until there's a body, or a confession, or some sort of other overwhelming evidence, this will never be over, because there are people out there who will never let it be over. Like David Kelly and weapons of mass destruction.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Coming up on ITV news at 1.30

Post  SteveT on Fri 25 Oct - 22:31

They can't put the genie back in the bottle on this one! I still think a case will be made against them and they will be charged.

SteveT
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 597
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Coming up on ITV news at 1.30

Post  Sponsored content Today at 16:06


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum