Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Daily Express report on McCann bid for access to Police Files

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Daily Express report on McCann bid for access to Police Files

Post  pennylane on Sun 27 Oct - 14:12

mossman wrote:I'm wondering about SY's role in this.  They did say the e fits were from the investigators files, prepared 5 years ago. It bothered me at the time that they were relying on something prepared by investigators paid by the McCanns, that they did not get their own prepared. I thought whitewash attempt.   Mr Smith is only in Ireland, not the other side of the world.  Fr example if it were Mrs Fenn, obviously they would need to rely on older material.  

So they were half honest and said where they came from, just not the other circumstances.  Did they do this on purpose, are they that clever, trying to push people to talk ?

I know there are many arguments for what has gone on before to say don't trust Redwood et al, but looking at where we are now, is there just an outside chance SY know what they are doing and are trying to solve this ?
My gut feeling is SY have been well and truly gazumped, and that this could be that divine, 'left field' moment that results in the disgraced parents being thrown to the wolves.

pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5351
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Express report on McCann bid for access to Police Files

Post  almostgothic on Sun 27 Oct - 14:20

Thnx pennylane!


He (Exton) claimed the legal threat had prevented him from handing over the report to Scotland Yard’s fresh investigation, until detectives had obtained written permission from the fund.

One can imagine that having to do that would make Op Grange more than a little annoyed.
Also they would then realise that potentially valuable evidence material had not been handed to them voluntarily when there would have been plenty of time and opportunity to do so.
Then they saw the e-fits ......

Redwood Revelation Moment.

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Express report on McCann bid for access to Police Files

Post  tanszi on Sun 27 Oct - 14:32

no wonder the McCs were looking distressed back in May. jimo

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3096
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Express report on McCann bid for access to Police Files

Post  mossman on Sun 27 Oct - 14:42

pennylane wrote:
mossman wrote:I'm wondering about SY's role in this.  They did say the e fits were from the investigators files, prepared 5 years ago. It bothered me at the time that they were relying on something prepared by investigators paid by the McCanns, that they did not get their own prepared. I thought whitewash attempt.   Mr Smith is only in Ireland, not the other side of the world.  Fr example if it were Mrs Fenn, obviously they would need to rely on older material.  

So they were half honest and said where they came from, just not the other circumstances.  Did they do this on purpose, are they that clever, trying to push people to talk ?

I know there are many arguments for what has gone on before to say don't trust Redwood et al, but looking at where we are now, is there just an outside chance SY know what they are doing and are trying to solve this ?
My gut feeling is SY have been well and truly gazumped, and that this could be that divine, 'left field' moment that results in the disgraced parents being thrown to the wolves.

You could be right. There is a reason for Redwoods change from Kate and Gerry to Mr & Mrs McCann and the probability is he's covering his own backside.

mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Express report on McCann bid for access to Police Files

Post  pennylane on Sun 27 Oct - 15:23

mossman wrote:
pennylane wrote:
mossman wrote:I'm wondering about SY's role in this.  They did say the e fits were from the investigators files, prepared 5 years ago. It bothered me at the time that they were relying on something prepared by investigators paid by the McCanns, that they did not get their own prepared. I thought whitewash attempt.   Mr Smith is only in Ireland, not the other side of the world.  Fr example if it were Mrs Fenn, obviously they would need to rely on older material.  

So they were half honest and said where they came from, just not the other circumstances.  Did they do this on purpose, are they that clever, trying to push people to talk ?

I know there are many arguments for what has gone on before to say don't trust Redwood et al, but looking at where we are now, is there just an outside chance SY know what they are doing and are trying to solve this ?
My gut feeling is SY have been well and truly gazumped, and that this could be that divine, 'left field' moment that results in the disgraced parents being thrown to the wolves.
You could be right.  There is a reason for Redwoods change from Kate and Gerry to Mr & Mrs McCann and the probability is he's covering his own backside.  
My thoughts also are, if this is a whitewash, it may be impossible to pull off without some embarrassing moments for the McCanns during the process. In turn that makes Op Grange appear professionally unbiased before they tie things off. That would be a devastating finale if the case!

Alternatively, I'm hoping and praying the dogs, the phone pings, etc, and maybe the smith sighting too, have all finally come together and made it impossible to get the disgraced parents off the hook.

pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5351
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Express report on McCann bid for access to Police Files

Post  mossman on Sun 27 Oct - 15:34

pennylane wrote:
mossman wrote:
pennylane wrote:
mossman wrote:I'm wondering about SY's role in this.  They did say the e fits were from the investigators files, prepared 5 years ago. It bothered me at the time that they were relying on something prepared by investigators paid by the McCanns, that they did not get their own prepared. I thought whitewash attempt.   Mr Smith is only in Ireland, not the other side of the world.  Fr example if it were Mrs Fenn, obviously they would need to rely on older material.  

So they were half honest and said where they came from, just not the other circumstances.  Did they do this on purpose, are they that clever, trying to push people to talk ?

I know there are many arguments for what has gone on before to say don't trust Redwood et al, but looking at where we are now, is there just an outside chance SY know what they are doing and are trying to solve this ?
My gut feeling is SY have been well and truly gazumped, and that this could be that divine, 'left field' moment that results in the disgraced parents being thrown to the wolves.
You could be right.  There is a reason for Redwoods change from Kate and Gerry to Mr & Mrs McCann and the probability is he's covering his own backside.  
My thoughts also are, if this is a whitewash, it may be impossible to pull off without some embarrassing moments for the McCanns during the process. In turn that makes Op Grange appear professionally unbiased before they tie things off.  

I'm just hoping the dogs, the phone pings etc, and maybe the smith sighting too, have all finally come together and made it impossible to get the disgraced parents off the hook.

Pennylane, just one important thing left off your list - public opinion. I have no doubt without the relentless questions from so many good people worldwide, they would have closed the file a long time ago.

Now that the Times article has sunk in, I feel nothing but sadness. Sadness for a little girl, she is still somewhere. If they don't tell the truth now I don't know what to think. I believed always that deep down they truly loved Madeleine. On one level the Times article says little we did not already speculate about, but having suspicions and speculation confirmed so you know you truly are not a nutter, is awful is some ways.

They have two other children, how could they have done this, I just don't know.

mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Express report on McCann bid for access to Police Files

Post  pennylane on Sun 27 Oct - 15:48

mossman wrote:
pennylane wrote:
mossman wrote:
pennylane wrote:
mossman wrote:I'm wondering about SY's role in this.  They did say the e fits were from the investigators files, prepared 5 years ago. It bothered me at the time that they were relying on something prepared by investigators paid by the McCanns, that they did not get their own prepared. I thought whitewash attempt.   Mr Smith is only in Ireland, not the other side of the world.  Fr example if it were Mrs Fenn, obviously they would need to rely on older material.  

So they were half honest and said where they came from, just not the other circumstances.  Did they do this on purpose, are they that clever, trying to push people to talk ?

I know there are many arguments for what has gone on before to say don't trust Redwood et al, but looking at where we are now, is there just an outside chance SY know what they are doing and are trying to solve this ?
My gut feeling is SY have been well and truly gazumped, and that this could be that divine, 'left field' moment that results in the disgraced parents being thrown to the wolves.
You could be right.  There is a reason for Redwoods change from Kate and Gerry to Mr & Mrs McCann and the probability is he's covering his own backside.  
My thoughts also are, if this is a whitewash, it may be impossible to pull off without some embarrassing moments for the McCanns during the process. In turn that makes Op Grange appear professionally unbiased before they tie things off.  

I'm just hoping the dogs, the phone pings etc, and maybe the smith sighting too, have all finally come together and made it impossible to get the disgraced parents off the hook.
Pennylane, just one important thing left off your list - public opinion.  I have no doubt without the relentless questions from so many good people worldwide, they would have closed the file a long time ago.

Now that the Times article has sunk in, I feel nothing but sadness.  Sadness for a little girl, she is still somewhere.  If they don't tell the truth now I don't know what to think.  I believed always that deep down they truly loved Madeleine.  On one level the Times article says little we did not already speculate about, but having suspicions and speculation confirmed so you know you truly are not a nutter, is awful is some ways.

They have two other children, how could they have done this, I just don't know.
You are absolutely right, public opinion is paramount, and the reason so much of this is coming to the fore after so long!

I'm sure they loved Maddie, but as far as them being good parents, I cannot see how... not if they sedated her, even after she cried, and left her alone in that apartment to go out for dinner and drinks.   That's outrageously neglectful (imo).

pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5351
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Express report on McCann bid for access to Police Files

Post  widowan on Sun 27 Oct - 16:06

The parents have taken one bad decision after another that has harmed Madeleine beginning with the decision to not bring a baby monitor nor use the crèche. Then not to check often enough when they did make a fatal decision to leave toddlers alone, stupid and really given the fact that they were aware their children awoke in the night, criminal in my opinion. Then to lie to the investigation in order to somehow appear responsible. Then to refuse to cooperate in case those lies came to bite them - each time they squashed evidence or caused a legal fight for PJ to get info, recon, rogatory, etc they damaged the chances MM would be found soon and this is from parents who claim to think she was still alive, and in the hands of pedophiles. First things first! Let's make sure we're okay, then we'll worry about her.

My esteem for them is not high and while I empathize with anyone who has lost a child no matter through their own action/inaction I have a hard time seeing much room for any "support" - if this is the kind of thing the Fund goes for, count me out. It's been worse than useless for Madeleine, it has diverted and suppressed information, produced a false message that you've done nothing wrong to neglect your children, it's surely taken money away from other children and I don't see the need to highlight these people as brave victims - if they are victims it is of their own arrogance. And Madeleine is the real victim.


Last edited by widowan on Sun 27 Oct - 19:41; edited 1 time in total

widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Express report on McCann bid for access to Police Files

Post  Panda on Sun 27 Oct - 17:07

When I first heard about a child missing in Portugal I wondered how Parents could leave 3 young children in a strange Apartment in a foreign Country and I had no sympathy from day 1.They are greedy selfish Parents and deserve each other. My thoughts are for the twins, who surely are able to read , or listen to the News about what is going on . Since they were only 2 when Madeleine disappeared, their Memories of her have faded but they are constantly reminded of her because of their Parents need for publicity .

What will happen to them if the Walls of Jericho come tumbling down on their Parents???

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Express report on McCann bid for access to Police Files

Post  kitti on Sun 27 Oct - 17:20

I don't believe the twins were in the apt that's why they took the risk.


Madeleine was an afterthought ...poor little darling.

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Express report on McCann bid for access to Police Files

Post  Krisy22 on Sun 27 Oct - 17:30

When I first heard a little girl had been abducted from a holiday apartment I was shocked as I automatically thought the parents were there...being evening thought they were in another room. My heart went out to the parents because we had holidayed in Portugal many years before with my stepdaughter. The Portuguese people had been so very kind to us and loved children.
Then, the first time I heard the father speak I had shivers up my spine and just felt something was very wrong somehow. After hearing they had left those 3 little tots night after night I couldn't believe it. Went to look for more news ...Joined Sky and 3 A`s ...came here with Amber as Sky kept pulling the threads and still here today. 

Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3380
Location : good old Oxfordshire no goats... lots of RAIN....
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Express report on McCann bid for access to Police Files

Post  widowan on Sun 27 Oct - 19:45

Panda wrote:When I first heard about a child missing in Portugal I wondered how Parents could leave 3 young children in a strange Apartment in a foreign Country and I had no sympathy from day 1.They are greedy selfish Parents and deserve each other. My thoughts are for the twins, who surely are able to read , or listen to the News about what is going on . Since they were only 2 when Madeleine disappeared, their Memories of her have faded but they are constantly reminded of her because of their Parents need for publicity .

What will happen to them if the Walls of Jericho come tumbling down on their Parents???
At that age you are well aware the only thing between you and being lost yourself is your parents, you believe them. They'll be feeding the twins "the truth" about all this and I would hope blocking them from internet sites because they surely don't need these kinds of questions - those are the only parents they have and to find out that your parents prevented the investigation and fired the people who were most likely t o find her because they didn't like the findings of their own neglect and anomalies, would not be good information for them to have at this time. They can't do anything about it. They've been inundated with the information that anyone who questions this is poorly in the head and a hater with an empty life etc so that is probably what they will be told this time as well., people are just mean. You know how hard we've "looked for Madeleine" ie fund raised.

widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Express report on McCann bid for access to Police Files

Post  Panda on Sun 27 Oct - 19:56

widowan, with all that money they did not employ one Director with experience in searching for missing children and treated the Fund as though it was their own piggybank, Yet the proceeds of the sale of Kate.s 2 books, only the Royalties went into the Fund, not the advance , nor I suspect the £2000,000 paid by the Sun for serialisation rights.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Express report on McCann bid for access to Police Files

Post  widowan on Mon 28 Oct - 15:20

Panda wrote:widowan, with all that money they did not employ one Director with experience in searching for missing children and treated the Fund as though it was their own piggybank, Yet the proceeds of the sale of Kate.s 2 books, only the Royalties went into the Fund, not the advance , nor I suspect the £2000,000 paid by the Sun for serialisation rights.
They know best how to employ Directors, set up funds, look for children and provide for their babysitting.

widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Express report on McCann bid for access to Police Files

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:19


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum