Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Who Phoned Tony Blair ???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who Phoned Tony Blair ???

Post  Panda on Sun 27 Oct - 1:51



http://newsoutlines.blogspot.co.uk/p/british-foreign-office-timeline.html

I have saved some stuff that's interesting and while looking for something else came across this......seems John Buck was on the phone to Ribiero at 11pm, so within one hour of Madeleine's disappearance , someone phoned Tony Blair who in turn phoned Buck , who in turn phoned Ribiero, how could they know Madeleine would not be found within the hour. Yet the Portugese Police were not phoned until 10.40pm.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Who Phoned Tony Blair ???

Post  widowan on Sun 27 Oct - 3:06

Panda wrote:

http://newsoutlines.blogspot.co.uk/p/british-foreign-office-timeline.html

I have saved some stuff that's interesting and while looking for something else came across this......seems John Buck was on the phone to Ribiero at 11pm, so within one hour of Madeleine's disappearance , someone phoned Tony Blair who in turn phoned Buck , who in turn phoned Ribiero, how could they know Madeleine would not be found within the hour.   Yet the Portugese Police were not phoned until 10.40pm.
Says nothing about Blair. Says the family begged him for help. They probably had someone call him. That makes more sense to call the Ambassador than the PM.

widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Who Phoned Tony Blair ???

Post  jinvta on Sun 27 Oct - 3:17

It is a forum myth that the police were not called until 10:40 pm.
 
Reading through some of the Mark Warner employee witness statements, it seems that GNR may have been contacted much earlier than 10:40.
 
From Vitor Manuel dos Santos, Housing Departmental Manager:

"In regards to the disappearance, on the 3rd of May, 2007, he remembers that around 22H00/22H15, he received a telephone call from the receptionist—Helder, who informed him that John Hill wanted to speak to him urgently in regards to a child who had gone missing and that the G.N.R. who had already been contacted, had yet to arrive. He added that he had already called them various times and was told that they would arrive as soon as possible as they were taking care of a robbery in Odiaxere. The receptionist asked whether he could contact the P.S.P., but he told him no, as this area was covered by the G.N.R."

And from Helder Jorge Samaio Luis, Receptionist Ocean Club:

"He knows about the situation that happened at the Ocean Club concerning the disappearance of a little given that on the day in question (03/05/2007) he was on duty and was contacted by a member of staff from the Tapas Restaurant between 09.30 and 22.00 who informed him that the daughter of some guests who were dining there had disappeared.

That he immediately contacted the GNR in Lagos, shortly after this the child’s father and John Hill arrived at the reception and he phoned the GNR again
.

He then contacted the head of reception Vítor Santos and informed him of the situation."

jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Who Phoned Tony Blair ???

Post  Panda on Sun 27 Oct - 3:42

widowan wrote:
Panda wrote:

http://newsoutlines.blogspot.co.uk/p/british-foreign-office-timeline.html

I have saved some stuff that's interesting and while looking for something else came across this......seems John Buck was on the phone to Ribiero at 11pm, so within one hour of Madeleine's disappearance , someone phoned Tony Blair who in turn phoned Buck , who in turn phoned Ribiero, how could they know Madeleine would not be found within the hour.   Yet the Portugese Police were not phoned until 10.40pm.
Says nothing about Blair. Says the family begged him for help. They probably had someone call him. That makes more sense to call the Ambassador than the PM.
Actually Widowan, Tony Blair was the first to be called and he in turn Phoned John Buck the Ambassador to Portugal. Tony Blair knew the Mccanns personally, Kate says Cherie Blair phoned her so they obviosly had each others mobile numbers.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Who Phoned Tony Blair ???

Post  widowan on Sun 27 Oct - 4:11

Panda wrote:
widowan wrote:
Panda wrote:

http://newsoutlines.blogspot.co.uk/p/british-foreign-office-timeline.html

I have saved some stuff that's interesting and while looking for something else came across this......seems John Buck was on the phone to Ribiero at 11pm, so within one hour of Madeleine's disappearance , someone phoned Tony Blair who in turn phoned Buck , who in turn phoned Ribiero, how could they know Madeleine would not be found within the hour.   Yet the Portugese Police were not phoned until 10.40pm.
Says nothing about Blair. Says the family begged him for help. They probably had someone call him. That makes more sense to call the Ambassador than the PM.
Actually Widowan, Tony Blair was the first to be called and he in turn Phoned John Buck the Ambassador to Portugal. Tony Blair knew the Mccanns personally, Kate says Cherie Blair phoned her so they obviosly had each others mobile numbers.
How do we know that? That they had Blair's number and called him that night?

Speaking of night it's time for me to go to bed... I hope I will wake up to some good reading in the other papers in terms of this latest news bomb

I think they had several people calling the cops prior to 11PM, the waiter at the tapas bar offered to do so at 1015 when he saw Gerry running to look in the playground next to the tapas bar, he said in his statement. Or at least he called the front reception so they would call the cops. that night must have been crazy.

widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Who Phoned Tony Blair ???

Post  kitti on Sun 27 Oct - 4:14

2 waiters said the table was empty at 9.30pm.


So that still leaves 40 minutes till the first phone call.

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Who Phoned Tony Blair ???

Post  mossman on Sun 27 Oct - 9:25

I thought it was Gordon Browns brother that was called in order to get Gordon on the case ?? Did one of the Tapas know the brother or live on the same street or something like that. That's hazy information somewhere in the back of my head

mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Who Phoned Tony Blair ???

Post  MaryB on Sun 27 Oct - 9:26

I read somewhere that the police were contacted as early as 10.10.

MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Who Phoned Tony Blair ???

Post  ann_chovey on Sun 27 Oct - 9:37

mossman wrote:I thought it was Gordon Browns brother that was called in order to get Gordon on the case ??  Did one of the Tapas know the brother or live on the same street or something like that.  That's hazy information somewhere in the back of my head
 
 
Gerry's brother (John) knew someone who lived in the same street as Gordon's brother I think. Will have a mooch around.

e.t.a. '-Jill Renwick is a friend of Gerry, and she lives down the road or same street as John Brown, who is Gordon Brown's brother. '

ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2516
Location : France
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Who Phoned Tony Blair ???

Post  mossman on Sun 27 Oct - 9:42

ann_chovey wrote:
mossman wrote:I thought it was Gordon Browns brother that was called in order to get Gordon on the case ??  Did one of the Tapas know the brother or live on the same street or something like that.  That's hazy information somewhere in the back of my head
 
 
Gerry's brother (John) knew someone who lived in the same street as Gordon's brother I think. Will have a mooch around.

e.t.a. '-Jill Renwick is a friend of Gerry, and she lives down the road or same street as John Brown, who is Gordon Brown's brother. '

Thank you Ann-chovey  

mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Who Phoned Tony Blair ???

Post  Panda on Sun 27 Oct - 13:01

jinvta wrote:It is a forum myth that the police were not called until 10:40 pm.
 
Reading through some of the Mark Warner employee witness statements, it seems that GNR may have been contacted much earlier than 10:40.
 
From Vitor Manuel dos Santos, Housing Departmental Manager:

"In regards to the disappearance, on the 3rd of May, 2007, he remembers that around 22H00/22H15, he received a telephone call from the receptionist—Helder, who informed him that John Hill wanted to speak to him urgently in regards to a child who had gone missing and that the G.N.R. who had already been contacted, had yet to arrive. He added that he had already called them various times and was told that they would arrive as soon as possible as they were taking care of a robbery in Odiaxere. The receptionist asked whether he could contact the P.S.P., but he told him no, as this area was covered by the G.N.R."

And from Helder Jorge Samaio Luis, Receptionist Ocean Club:

"He knows about the situation that happened at the Ocean Club concerning the disappearance of a little given that on the day in question (03/05/2007) he was on duty and was contacted by a member of staff from the Tapas Restaurant between 09.30 and 22.00 who informed him that the daughter of some guests who were dining there had disappeared.

That he immediately contacted the GNR in Lagos, shortly after this the child’s father and John Hill arrived at the reception and he phoned the GNR again
.

He then contacted the head of reception Vítor Santos and informed him of the situation."

Hi jvinta

"contacted by a member of staff from the Tapas Restaurant between 09.30 and 22.00 who informed him that the daughter of some guests who were dining there had disappeared" How could they have been contacted BEFORE 10pm ? According to the GNR, the call was timed at 22.40pm.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Who Phoned Tony Blair ???

Post  Panda on Sun 27 Oct - 13:39

kitti wrote:2 waiters said the table was empty at 9.30pm.


So that still leaves 40 minutes till the first phone call.

What about the screaming Kate on the Balcony just after 10pm according to Mrs Fenn.? I don't think these timelines will ever be sorted, but Mrs Fenn is the most beleivable .

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Who Phoned Tony Blair ???

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:10


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum