Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Where do things go from here

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Where do things go from here

Post  AnnaEsse on Sun 27 Oct - 21:27

margaret wrote:
fuzeta wrote:Oh how I wish this is the case.  However I am still pessimistic.  SY have to keep going on the line they have been told to go. They cannot be allowed to do otherwise.  As they found an answer to the Jane Tanner sighting, daft as it was    They will find an answer to this article. If nothing happens and no other media outlet picks it up they will do the usual and pretend it never was!  I do so hope I am wrong
The telegraph have picked it up fuzeta.    I'm sure the express will have it next.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/10407664/Madeleine-McCann-critical-new-evidence-is-from-five-year-old-suppressed-report.html
Someone on Facebook said they reckoned the Times had more to come!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18459
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveT on Sun 27 Oct - 21:31

AnnaEsse, it wouldn't surprise me one bit! I wonder if SY are happy with these stories being printed or are even encouraging them to be put out?

SteveT
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 597
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned on Sun 27 Oct - 22:22

Tomorrows Star has it and the Express has a new witnesses to be interviewed story.

Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB on Mon 28 Oct - 20:15

All quiet again I see. And not many papers picking up this supressed e-fits business. Well I wonder what the next bombshell will be. I do think the timing of this was significant.

MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan on Mon 28 Oct - 20:19

MaryB wrote:All quiet again I see.  And not many papers picking up this supressed e-fits business.  Well I wonder what the next bombshell will be.  I do think the timing of this was significant.
In what way, MaryB?

widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB on Mon 28 Oct - 20:27

I mean with the trial of beginning of these ex News of the World people. I think there is some sort of conspiracy but not sure exactly what! I think those media people know a lot about a lot of things. Much more than they ever let on or write about in their papers.

MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan on Mon 28 Oct - 20:30

Both of these will sell a lot of papers I think.

May justice prevail... either way it's bound to be interesting.

widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi on Mon 28 Oct - 20:33

the express the star and the daily mail as well as the Telegraph and Sunday times ran the article, I think that's enough to keep people informed.

the SY have said they don't have issues concerning the suppressed files because they weren't investigating at the time.  Really, look at the implications.

it is will known that the media can have a double edged sword, if you use it, it will use you,. theres a price for everything and it isn't always money.

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3098
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan on Mon 28 Oct - 23:06

tanszi wrote:the express the star and the daily mail as well as the Telegraph and Sunday times ran the article, I think that's enough to keep people informed.

the SY have said they don't have issues concerning the suppressed files because they weren't investigating at the time.  Really, look at the implications.

it is will known that the media can have a double edged sword, if you use it, it will use you,.  theres a price for everything and it isn't always money.

that's bizarre. they don't have an issue with the McCann's asking their lawyers to prevent these efits from going out to the public, sworn to secrecy and that's no big deal?

widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi on Tue 29 Oct - 0:03

I agree widowan totally bizarre. SY are working with the McCs knowing they asked their Solicitors to threaten investigators with legal action if they reveal those e fits to the public or to anyone including SY, why would SY trust people who were hiding information which could assist an investigation into the search for their own child.

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan on Tue 29 Oct - 0:13

tanszi wrote:I agree widowan totally bizarre.  SY are  working with the McCs knowing they asked their Solicitors to  threaten investigators with legal action if they reveal those e fits to the public or to anyone including SY,   why would SY trust people who were hiding information which could assist an investigation into the search for their own child.
I could very much see not wanting the rest of the report to go out if it was hyper critical - it probably said not only what the PJ said but also found it damned inexcusable that they would interfere with and mislead an investigation and said so. But you could release the efits TO SHOW you weren't afraid - in Kate's 2011 book they still weren't releasing them and she states she found it more likely than not that the guy jane saw and this guy were one and the same, so she gives credence to Smith's sighting - then doesn't reveal the efit it produced!

I wonder if that information now being shared with PJ will make its way into the open process in due time. The Exton/Oakley report I mean. Otherwise we'll never know what they found so distracting but I presume it's the getting together to in no way check stories visits, and the nighttime sleep patterns (ie Maddie awake and screaming well before midnight) of Madeleine plus the other stuff - maids testimony not backing up McCanns' claims as to sleeping arrangements = the same stuff that had the PJ concerned and suspicious.

widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan on Tue 29 Oct - 0:22

tanszi wrote:I agree widowan totally bizarre.  SY are  working with the McCs knowing they asked their Solicitors to  threaten investigators with legal action if they reveal those e fits to the public or to anyone including SY,   why would SY trust people who were hiding information which could assist an investigation into the search for their own child.
Actually when you think about it when Kate and the whole group gave the statements about who slept where and how they checked, they had no reason to think the PJ were trying to fit them up. they were lying from the get go, about the door being left unlocked and the statements about checking that Redwood just sets aside (jane's sighting and Oldfield's check).

Mt thought would be, if they'll lie to the PJ they will lie to SY, for the same reason, their self protection.

SY must have had independent testimony they trusted ie not from any of the Tapas 9 in order to arrive at the statement that McCanns are not suspects and the three lines are, Smith sighting, planned abduction, madeleine disturbed a burglar - with Smith and planned abduction possibly being part of the same kidnapping scenario.

Either that or Exton really put a spoke in SY's wheel when he busted McCanns for suppressing evidence. If Redwood was being cagey and was suspicious of them before they may not have known it but only a very trusting person would think "this doesn't matter to SY" - unless Redwood already came to them and said look, I can see why you wanted to make yourselves look better, in a foreign country and all, not knowing the laws, but I will make you a deal, you admit this and I will take your word for it that your intentions weren't evil, just a little understandable self protection... confusion, fear, you cant find your daughter if you are sitting in a jail for neglect... ?

widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC on Tue 29 Oct - 15:05

I think Redwood is trying to bring other people and organisations out of the woodwork deliberately. He said only looking at Smith sighting and low and behold out of the woodwork comes Exton PI telling truth about E.fit.

Redwood then says looking at burglary in PDL and low and behold out of the woodwork comes the GDR with stats that reveal no burglaries.

Redwood said he hoped they had found enough new information to persuade the PJ to reopen the case and low and behold the PJ jump up and say we are re-opening the case but not on SY information.

I think this is rather clever of SY - we'll just set a few traps and watch from afar as the fireworks go off and then see what the response is. SY just prepared the ground for the fireworks, but did they expect bangers?

LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan on Tue 29 Oct - 15:50

LJC wrote:I think Redwood is trying to bring other people and organisations out of the woodwork deliberately.  He said only looking at Smith sighting and low and behold out of the woodwork comes Exton PI telling truth about E.fit.  

Redwood then says looking at burglary in PDL and low and behold out of the woodwork comes the GDR with stats that reveal no burglaries.

Redwood said he hoped they had found enough new information to persuade the PJ to reopen the case and low and behold the PJ jump up and say we are re-opening the case but not on SY information.

I think this is rather clever of SY - we'll just set a few traps and watch from afar as the fireworks go off and then see what the response is.  SY just prepared the ground for the fireworks, but did they expect bangers?
I agree,,, I was just trying to think of how that first meeting, after SY was asked to review the files, did so and agreed to open an investigation, would have gone down. they called McCanns to come in I am sure and I am sure the McCanns were accompanied by their criminal attorney/s in the UK - just in case you know.

He gets them to give a little something - we will go back and review this from ZERO and we will review this as an abduction, agreed? Oh yes, that's all we've ever wanted god bless you kind sir. Okay then, since the PJ weren't investigating the abduction but rather focused on you and your friends, YOUR detectives were the only ones with the information we need to follow up, so we need all those files over here by Monday.

He closed that deal pretty well - or someone did. They have to send the files, what on earth possible reason in that scenario could they have to object, they are getting everything they want, Cameron's on side, the papers have been tamed, Crime Watch is coming and they will be revealed by one and all to be innocent and it couldn't have come at a better time for the libel trial either.

Looks pretty sweet til you have to start answering questions just like you did for the PJ - because that is what ZERO means. They aren't giving them a pass, and now with the Oakley files coming open not only the new eift is there but possible results of LDTs and analysis of the timelines and stories about the doors and windows - hyper critical information.

Sometimes you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar as my granny used to say and I think redwood is doing that.

widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  interested on Tue 29 Oct - 15:53

I wonder if the McCanns still want to be "heard" at the liebel trial.

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2424
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane on Tue 29 Oct - 15:53

widowan wrote:
LJC wrote:I think Redwood is trying to bring other people and organisations out of the woodwork deliberately.  He said only looking at Smith sighting and low and behold out of the woodwork comes Exton PI telling truth about E.fit.  

I think this is rather clever of SY - we'll just set a few traps and watch from afar as the fireworks go off and then see what the response is.  SY just prepared the ground for the fireworks, but did they expect bangers?
I agree,,, I was just trying to think of how that first meeting, after SY was asked to review the files, did so and agreed to open an investigation, would have gone down. they called McCanns to come in I am sure and I am sure the McCanns were accompanied by their criminal attorney/s in the UK  - just in case you know.

He gets them to give a little something - we will go back and review this from ZERO and we will review this as an abduction, agreed? Oh yes, that's all we've ever wanted god bless you kind sir. Okay then, since the PJ weren't investigating the abduction but rather focused on you and your friends, YOUR detectives were the only ones with the information we need to follow up, so we need all those files over here by Monday.

He closed that deal pretty well - or someone did. They have to send the files, what on earth possible reason in that scenario could they have to object, they are getting everything they want, Cameron's on side, the papers have been tamed, Crime Watch is coming and they will be revealed by one and all to be innocent and it couldn't have come at a better time for the libel trial either.

Looks pretty sweet til you have to start answering questions just like you did for the PJ - because that is what ZERO means. They aren't giving them a pass, and now with the Oakley files coming open not only the new eift is there but possible results of LDTs and analysis of the timelines and stories about the doors and windows - hyper critical information.  

Sometimes you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar as my granny used to say and I think redwood is doing that.
I hope for Redwoods sake that's exactly what he's doing, because if he isn't, he will go down as the biggest DCI plonker in history!

pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5351
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan on Tue 29 Oct - 15:59

He needs McCanns on side to get the information their detectives had, to get them to talk to him without an attorney advising them not to comment, to see what they REALLY were doing the nights of April 29 - May 3rd, etc whether they are suspects or victims or whether he thinks Maddie was killed in the home or abducted.

Being respectful to them can only help his case and he's wise enough to see it. He doesn't have to be tricking them for this to be a smart move for the investigation.

widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi on Tue 29 Oct - 16:12

agree with some of your thoughts widowan, I just don't think Redwood envisaged that the PJ would have their own investigation, it has been running for two years prior to the SY, and I don't believe that Redwood ever thought that H Exon would go public with the timing of the efit and other information. the burglaries thing had been done to death, so I was surprised he went down that route as well, because surely hes been liaising with his counterparts in the PJ and would have known that had been investigated, as had the charity workers sighting. I don't think the revelation moment efit and bundleman would have been enough for the PJ to open it, after all they had got that far themselves previously. the PJ are now looking for a body linked to a paedophile ring allegedly. not what the McCs want to hear, not im sure Redwood, the finding of the natural parents in the Roma community put paid to the gypsies stole her scenario.

Having said all that I really think Crime Watch was the catalyst for some things, and that awful overkill of media attention in the weeks up to and including the day of CW which in the event was a bit of a damp squib. I don't think anyone thought there were a bangers in the box till they went off. think there s a few more there too. so stand back and watch the person whose holding the taper. I don't think its anyone in SY. jimo

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi on Tue 29 Oct - 16:12

widowan I think the McCs think they've got SY on side, not the other way round.

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane on Tue 29 Oct - 16:28

widowan wrote:He needs McCanns on side to get the information their detectives had, to get them to talk to him without an attorney advising them not to comment, to see what they REALLY were doing the nights of April 29 - May 3rd, etc whether they are suspects or victims or whether he thinks Maddie was killed in the home or abducted.

Being respectful to them can only help his case and he's wise enough to see it. He doesn't have to be tricking them for this to be a smart move for the investigation.
I agree, widowan.  I said yesterday, if AR is conducting an elaborate sting, I will kiss the ground he walks on. But I find it odd that Met Commissioner Bernard Hogan-Howe has also shown such bias towards the parents, even just a few days ago... talking of the 'poor tortured' ones.  As for Jim Gamble's sycophantic McCann loving tweets, and Lord Leveson's obvious bias.... the mind boggles.  I'm praying that whatever these Establishment fat cats have been up to, they all get egg on their faces, and justice for Madeleine is achieved, and that the disgraced parents are finally arrested as they should have been long ago.

imo

pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5351
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret on Tue 29 Oct - 16:33

tanszi wrote:widowan I think the McCs think they've got SY on side, not the other way round.
I think they did, l wonder if they still think so?

I do think SY and the PJ have been working together and they've piled a lot of pressure on the Mccanns lately. Now the case is reopened l can't wait to see if K&G are allowed to give evidence at the same time at mr.amarals libel trial.

Once they're on Portuguese soil they can be arrested, but it has to be together!

margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue 29 Oct - 17:51

Just had a wee look at the Find Madeleine website. It hasn't been updated and they are still showing a big picture of Bundleman, and asking for information about him. I wonder how many people have emailed in, saying "he's just some random guy taking his kiddie home from the night créche". No pictures of the two Oakley e-fits, either. Funny, that.

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan on Tue 29 Oct - 17:56

Iris wrote:Just had a wee look at the Find Madeleine website.  It hasn't been updated and they are still showing a big picture of Bundleman, and asking for information about him.  I wonder how many people have emailed in, saying "he's just some random guy taking his kiddie home from the night créche".  No pictures of the two Oakley e-fits, either.  Funny, that.
Gee, they are still not acknowledging this? there will be spin to follow! now how do they do it without disrespecting SY?

It would be one thing to say Oakley were thieves, their principal is in jail on fraud - but SY took their work seriously! Oh what a tangled web

widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC on Tue 29 Oct - 22:09

Iris wrote:Just had a wee look at the Find Madeleine website.  It hasn't been updated and they are still showing a big picture of Bundleman, and asking for information about him.  I wonder how many people have emailed in, saying "he's just some random guy taking his kiddie home from the night créche".  No pictures of the two Oakley e-fits, either.  Funny, that.
Perhaps they don't agree with SY's assessment of the timeline? They can't be happy about it. They did not want this E fit released but SY gave them no choice and SY have discarded Tanner's sighting. I think the McCanns were putting brave faces on, on Crimewatch, but privately they must be furious. Now whether they are furious with themselves, or SY, or PI's I'm not sure, but they are not as happy as they say they are because this is a huge embarrassment to them.

Its all about their reputations, we know that, no matter how often they say they want to find Madeleine and now SY have blown their reputations wide open without a care in the world. No wonder Redwood was being so polite to them, addressing them as Mr and Mrs McCann. He knew it was very difficult for them to sit there while he spoke about the importance of this Smith sighting. He knew they were seething inside. He is so polite to the McCanns on TV anyway, what's he's like towards them in private may be another matter and I do think now that Redwood has had a difficult time with them over the Smith sighting, has had to deal with them in a certain way to get their co-operation over this.

That's the trouble when you think you can do Police work better than the Police themselves. You end up with an enormous amount of egg on your face and the McCanns deserve to have rotten eggs thrown at them, at the very least.

LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan on Tue 29 Oct - 22:11

Exactly LJC.

widowan