Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andy Redwood...?

+48
Keela
wjk
kathybelle
interested
jassi
Claudia79
Krisy22
malena stool
fuzeta
maebee
joyce1938
kitti
Lioned
fred
wantthetruth
almostgothic
Ireland
jeanmonroe
dutchclogs
Angelina
jinvta
matthew
pennylane
weissnicht
margaret
comperedna
T4two
chrissie
Freja53
cass
saloongirl
widowan
MaryB
Panda
Roasted Arizona
SteveT
frencheuropean
tigger
Hongkong Phooey
mara thon
jejune
dagobert
cherry1
FSoares
nospinnaker
keepingmum
chrissie1
ann_chovey
52 posters

Page 2 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

Go down

Andy Redwood...? - Page 2 Empty Re: Andy Redwood...?

Post  widowan Tue 29 Oct - 14:31

Stating that the parents are not suspects, while it annoyingly played into their media hands also played into SY's hands; I don't suppose you can credit Redwood for Exton coming forward to claim the efits and with it, the highly critical (in both senses of the word) information that McCanns' lawyers SUPPRESSED IT for five years.

Still the timing was rather neat in that the McCanns have expressed delight in no longer being suspects and are keen to be part of the investigation now which includes "starting at zero --accepting nothing."

and then this happens ... well played or good detective work? I want to give Redwood the benefit of the doubt.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :
Andy Redwood...? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Andy Redwood...? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 29 Oct - 14:36

am minded to go c. the only stupid cops are in the movies. Andy Redwood...? - Page 2 25346 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Tue 29 Oct - 17:47

Marky wrote:am minded to go c. the only stupid cops are in the movies. Andy Redwood...? - Page 2 25346 
Welcome back Dexter
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :
Andy Redwood...? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Andy Redwood...? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 29 Oct - 17:54

dazedandconfused wrote:
Marky wrote:am minded to go c. the only stupid cops are in the movies. Andy Redwood...? - Page 2 25346 
Welcome back Dexter
cheers Andy Redwood...? - Page 2 294124 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 29 Oct - 18:15

Where's your wee bat? Will he be back in time for Hallowe'en?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Tue 29 Oct - 18:32

So far mostly going B) and some wishful thinkers going for C).Still one or two left to vote,don't be shy you lot that don't often post !

Will do a full analysis of the results tomorrow and then maybe we will do another poll on what colour underpants 'the freak' should be wearing at the moment.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  nospinnaker Tue 29 Oct - 19:10

DCI Redwood's rank doesn't come without intelligence, experience, hard work, and results.

I for one simply don't believe any of the more negative suggestions about him.

Furthermore this assignment was always going to be difficult, what with the McTeam, the time elapsed, and dealing with a foreign country.

nospinnaker
nospinnaker
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 188
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveT Tue 29 Oct - 20:21

It's got to be `C'!

Things are beginning to speed up at last.
SteveT
SteveT
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 602
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 29 Oct - 20:30

Iris wrote:Where's your wee bat?  Will he be back in time for Hallowe'en?
Andy Redwood...? - Page 2 25346 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 29 Oct - 20:31

Lioned wrote:...and then maybe we will do another poll on what colour underpants 'the freak' should be wearing at the moment.
now your talking! Andy Redwood...? - Page 2 294124 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 31 Oct - 18:18

In the light of the most ludicrous tractor man story which i just cannot believe even the most incompetent police force at the college of daft policemen would come up with i have decided to change my vote to C). Plus a couple of beers with my mate at lunchtime who is a retired copper may have influenced my change of opinion.  Andy Redwood...? - Page 2 25346
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 31 Oct - 18:55

Marky wrote:
Lioned wrote:...and then maybe we will do another poll on what colour underpants 'the freak' should be wearing at the moment.

Pink.Andy Redwood...? - Page 2 40481
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Thu 31 Oct - 18:58

From his performance on Crime watch, people were ready to declare Redwood a complete numpty, on side of McCanns, doing as he was bid by his management etc.

Now I'm not so sure his wide eyed "look at the NEW information we have" was such an innocent bungle, or attempt to get the credit for work SY did not do.

After all they DID put the efits out there to the public and that could have been an innocent mistake, not thinking that anyone would confuse the efit with Gerry since they'd announced McCanns aren't suspects, it could have been a way to take credit for information they claim to have produced but really the work of others, it could have been planned to flush Exton out of the woodwork knowing damned well his report contained damning information and that he would object, part of a planned conspiracy to rattle McCanns.

talk about getting your own back! This has so often been the case with McCanns with every piece of information that comes out having an innocent or a guilty explanation and Clarence's job being to confuse things, to spin evidence pointing one way, to lead in the opposite direction. To confound the investigation and lead public opinion. Perhaps Redwood merely took a page from their book.

How can McCanns possibly say anything about it or to him? What can they say? How dare you produce an efit of the suspect we said in Kate's book was highly likely to be the person who took Madeleine? We have been suppressing that for 6 years? They are hoist with their own petard if they do so.

And not even one peep from Clarence to say that they won't comment on every fact of the case, or that it's supposition.

At least they are silenced on this, unless they have something really relevant to share.

I highly doubt that this information from Exton in the Times went without a call from SY to him, if not before, then after the case.

Just doing his job Andy Redwood...? - Page 2 944533 

widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 31 Oct - 19:28

Clarence 'the freak' Mitchell (lately known as the maggot) should be wearing. Andy Redwood...? - Page 2 40481  brown underpants.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 31 Oct - 20:05

Iris wrote: 
Marky wrote:

Pink.Andy Redwood...? - Page 2 40481
now come on iris, bart goes commando. everyone knows this. Andy Redwood...? - Page 2 25346 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Thu 31 Oct - 23:25

C
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Thu 31 Oct - 23:49

After the Sunday Times article I'm back to optimistic again so I have to go with "C".
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  FSoares Fri 1 Nov - 0:10

Lioned wrote:In the light of the most ludicrous tractor man story which i just cannot believe even the most incompetent police force at the college of daft policemen would come up with i have decided to change my vote to C). Plus a couple of beers with my mate at lunchtime who is a retired copper may have influenced my change of opinion.  Andy Redwood...? - Page 2 25346
The difference is just "the tractor accident", because in October 2007, that employee was already on the news.

http://mobile.news.com.au/national/royal-tip-renews-search-for-maddie-mccann/story-e6frfkp9-1111114540441

"... AN anonymous tip-off to the Prince of Wales has sent UK police on an urgent hunt for a new suspect in the Madeleine McCann case.

The email - sent via Prince Charles' website - claimed a disgruntled former employee of the Portuguese resort where the toddler went missing, could be behind her disappearance."
FSoares
FSoares

Female
Number of posts : 1448
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveT Fri 1 Nov - 0:21

FSoares, looks like that suspect was a women.
SteveT
SteveT
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 602
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Fri 1 Nov - 1:38

The fact is that investigating this was never going to be an easy task for Redwood and his colleagues or anyone else for that matter. Faced with a situation of an unprecedented amount of involvement of persons of influence in UK society, a team of some of the most formidable lawyers in the country and a completely unscrupulous PR machine, it was never going to be a case of simply taking over the results of the Portuguese investigation, pulling in the parents and their friends and cracking the case .... whatever that case may be. So Redwood has approached this by starting at zero and taking it from there. Along the way he has at times seemed to ignore all those things which have been staring us in the face, literally for years: has at times appeared to be supportive of the parents and dismissive of evidence of their involvement. This has necessarily been extremely frustrating and has reinforced suspicion that this whole Scotland Yard action is about a whitewash. Then suddenly we have a whole new ball game: an article in the Sunday Times clearly showing that the parents have actively supressed information which could be vital to solving the mystery of what happened to their daughter and worse still - that their lawyers colluded with them to suppress it. Suddenly "Smith man" is in the frame and "Bundleman" is out; suddenly the "accepted" timeline has got to be changed. This is the timeline from the parents and their friends, so although Redwood hasn't actually said it - everyone can now see that the parents' and their friends lied. In spite of the PR reaction of feeding the "Tractorman" story via the Portuguese press as a distraction, the lid is well and truly off and a great many people are looking at Internet sites to avail themselves of the facts. I believe that the McCann mythos is crumbling fast and that this process is unstoppable. The McCanns and their lawyers have been exposed and people can now see them for what they are; their PR monkey`s effectiveness has been seriously compromised as a result. I believe that Redwood should take some credit for this.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Fri 1 Nov - 4:09

You have got that right T4two. Dealing with the McCanns seems to take kid's gloves. The PJ and even the UK Liason Officers ran into this problem very early. Here are some of Kate's notes from Mccann files:

Kate's notes:

"Left a message for Gordon Brown to call us in order to increase the political pressure" – Kate McCann, 23rd of May

"Gordon Brown called and spoke with Gerry – very sympathetic and gave strength. Somewhat emotive feeling afterwards" – Kate McCann, 23rd of May

"Clarence spoke to us about a possible visit to the Vatican. Rome is already preparing itself. Francis Campbell was spoken to" – Kate McCann, 27th of May

"Frustration with a police employee: asking me where my little Madeleine might be…" May 14 (This was a UK Liason Officer)

"Very upsetting. If the authorities had acted swiftly, we would now hold this potentially important information. She deserves better. We need everyone involved to give their best" June 12

"How does anyone dare to insinuate that our daughter's life may be in danger because of us?" June 17

At first I thought Redwood was a bungling idiot stating that either Madeleine was alive or dead (or something to that effect), but now not so much. He now appears to know exactly what he is dealing with, and how best to deal with it.
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Fri 1 Nov - 9:20

I believe Redwood is a competent and well meaning police officer. Even with his "alive or dead" comment, I still believed he was doing the only thing he could do and be politically correct. What the man can say and what he would like to say are two very different things and I accept and acknowledge that he is working within constraints that I have no knowledge of.

He is a professional and has put himself across very well as far as I am concerned. Indeed, I thought his demeanour had changed dramatically during Crimewatch, gone was Kate and Gerry, I felt two statements he made were very heartfelt - this has gone on long enough and we are fighting for Madeleine McCann.

I do not doubt he wants to solve this and I think he actually will. What I would worry about is outside political interference. He is one man fighting the system.

He has been given the most difficult case imaginable. I doubt there were many who wanted it.

So it is frustrating at times and I am sure I have been critical but never to the point of believing he is corrupt, unprofessional or inept. He is none of these things for sure. He has my sympathy and my respect to taking on the case.

Its those in the background, the faceless, nameless people I doubt.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  FSoares Fri 1 Nov - 10:32

SteveT wrote:FSoares, looks like that suspect was a women.
No, the person who wrote the email seems to be a woman, but nothing mentioned about the suspect's gender.
FSoares
FSoares

Female
Number of posts : 1448
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Fri 1 Nov - 11:48

FSoares wrote:
SteveT wrote:FSoares, looks like that suspect was a women.
No, the person who wrote the email seems to be a woman, but nothing mentioned about the suspect's gender.
I think it did FSoares. It said the woman named in the email or words to that effect
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Fri 1 Nov - 12:09

the first few lines of the link in this thread says

It is understood police have confirmed the woman named in the email did work at the resort when Madeleine was last seen 150 days ago.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next