Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andy Redwood...?

+48
Keela
wjk
kathybelle
interested
jassi
Claudia79
Krisy22
malena stool
fuzeta
maebee
joyce1938
kitti
Lioned
fred
wantthetruth
almostgothic
Ireland
jeanmonroe
dutchclogs
Angelina
jinvta
matthew
pennylane
weissnicht
margaret
comperedna
T4two
chrissie
Freja53
cass
saloongirl
widowan
MaryB
Panda
Roasted Arizona
SteveT
frencheuropean
tigger
Hongkong Phooey
mara thon
jejune
dagobert
cherry1
FSoares
nospinnaker
keepingmum
chrissie1
ann_chovey
52 posters

Page 26 of 29 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Go down

Andy Redwood...? - Page 27 Empty Re: Andy Redwood...?

Post  kitti Wed 30 Jul - 11:08

And the cadaver scent all over Kate McCann and the apt and car mean nothing?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
Andy Redwood...? - Page 27 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Andy Redwood...? - Page 27 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Wed 30 Jul - 11:55

Whilst I don't agree with they way Redwood has been very "public" in his comments and approach to the investigation, it will require his explanation as to what happened to be just as "public", transparent and plausible.

The huge thorn in the side of this investigation, is the publishing of the PJ files from 2007. That was a monumental oversight by somebody - not pre-empting that would happen.

The files have led to an ever growing number of people asking questions armed with facts, not just nut job conspiracy theorists armed with innuendo and gut feelings.

Whoever is pulling Redwoods strings has a big, big task to "solve" this satisfactorily.

I assume the files in relation to the current Portugese investigation would be published if the file is again shelved. That is risky - imagine all of the burglars, bin men and dead tractor drivers being shown to be innocent with credible explanations as to where they were and when.

It's one big mess. Money is being spent at a ridiculous rate and if there is one thing to get the masses annoyed its Government spending hard earned tax payers money without results.

So, what does he do now ? He told us the parents/friends were not suspects. He needs to prove it. If the case is closed tomorrow they will remain the one group of people not ruled out. All of the others named over the past few months will be in the clear by reason of the fact they were questioned but never arrested.

Right back to where we started. - dogs, parents, tapas friends and lies. Except of course many millions of pounds will have been spent in getting there.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
Andy Redwood...? - Page 27 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Andy Redwood...? - Page 27 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  joyce1938 Wed 30 Jul - 13:34

Hi All, I just wonder if all the blogging could make it so that at some point ,the verdict could be ,IT CANT GO TO COURT ,THEY WILL NOT GET FAIR TRIAL TOO MUCH SPOKEN ABOUT FOR ALL TO SEE . Wouldn't that be a clever move of their lawyers ? just crossed my mind more than once really ever thing they could use ? I would hope not but they haven't made too much fuss yet about the sites used to debate . joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 345
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Wed 30 Jul - 14:50

Hi Joyce, if it went to court in Portugal, which it would be, I don't think it would make any difference as they don't have a jury system and I think the Judges would be trusted to just go on the official files etc, not 'our gossip'
I hope so anyway  Andy Redwood...? - Page 27 294124 
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Thu 31 Jul - 7:02

joyce1938 wrote:Hi All, I just wonder if all the blogging could make it so that at some point ,the verdict could be ,IT CANT GO TO COURT ,THEY WILL NOT GET FAIR TRIAL TOO MUCH SPOKEN ABOUT FOR ALL TO SEE .  Wouldn't that be a clever move    of their lawyers ? just crossed my mind more than once really ever thing they could use ?     I would hope not but they haven't made too much fuss yet about the sites used to debate . joyce1938

Hello Joyce

Karen Matthew, had a fair trial and she was crucified by the public on internet forums, before she went on trial. The same thing happened to the former Dr Harold Shipman many others who have committed crimes been charged and crucified by the public, before they went on trial.

The McCanns may not have been charged with any offence, but neither was Harold Shipman at the time he was crucified by the public. In my opinion, the McCanns will never be brought to justice, too many high profile people have protected them from the minute Gerry McCann phoned the British Government, when he should have been out looking for Madeleine and would have been out looking for Madeleine, if he and his wife, played no part in her disappearance.

These high profile people know that the McCanns will squeal like pigs, if they are charged with any offences, they will give the true reason why they were protected from 10pm on the night Madeleine disappeared.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 31 Jul - 10:59

Don't expect anything different from the MET or SY.

Remember Barry George?

Dont forget Colin Stagg.

The amount off evidence NOT to arrest and try him is beyond belief....but oh no, that was there man and there was no budging them.

They were relentless in there pursuit off him even though it was blatantly obvious he had nothing to do with the murder ...but the plodded on and on....they were right and that was that.

When evidence against another man was staring them in the face, a knife found on the common was found to have DNA from the actual murderer , who also had raped 3 women and STILL they ignored this man who only raped women who were with their children, did they put two and two together , nope, because they were hell bent on Stagg, even using a honey trap.... which they must off known was illegal ...to put him in the frame.

In the end it was proved that the MET and SY were wrong BUT not before implanting in the medias mind that 'they weren't looking for anyone else' when the trial collapsed against stagg....nasty.

IF they had not been so hell bent in the relentless pursuit off stagg then another women and her child would not off been raped and brutally murdered whilst Stagg was in prison awaiting trial.

Fitting up is there game .
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Thu 31 Jul - 11:13

Yet there are still many who think that Redwood is playing some very clever game, keeping the fact that the McCanns are prime suspects close to his chest. I wish I shared their faith but I'm sure Madeleine will never get the justice she deserves and Redwood was handpicked to ensure that the McCanns are never in the frame.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 31 Jul - 11:18

Well most police officers can go home and look their family straight in the face and say.....I did good today , I solved a case and the culprit got life in prison and the victim got some form off justice.

What about you Deadwood.....can you look your family in the face and say that?

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 31 Jul - 11:19

What about when you go to bed at night, can you sleep Deadwood?

Because if you CAN....your just as bad as the Mcanns.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  joyce1938 Thu 31 Jul - 15:24

thanks all for your input . I also don't think there is enough evidence ,well none they would use to get justice done ,I don't think it will ever get to court either ,I just hope the twins do not suffer too much with all this ,one day they will be asking questions .joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 345
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Thu 31 Jul - 22:50

dazedandconfused wrote:Yet there are still many who think that Redwood is playing some very clever game, keeping the fact that the McCanns are prime suspects close to his chest.  I wish I shared their faith but I'm sure Madeleine will never get the justice she deserves and Redwood was handpicked to ensure that the McCanns are never in the frame.

No matter what Redwood's game/remit is, how could he guarantee the silence of the 35 detectives under him?Plus the fact that, at some stage in the future, one or more of the T9 (unlikely, I know, but....) might grow a pair and sing. Too risky, imo. My glass is still half full.
maebee
maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 467
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Fri 1 Aug - 20:18

kitti wrote:Well most police officers can go home and look their family straight in the face and say.....I did good today , I solved a case and the culprit got life in prison and the victim got some form off justice.

What about you Deadwood.....can you look your family in the face and say that?

kitti wrote:What about when you go to bed at night, can you sleep Deadwood?

Because if you CAN....your just as bad as the Mcanns.

Why on earth should Andy Redwood feel any sort of guilt? Why on earth should he not be able to hold his head up, look at his family, or sleep at night? He is trying to find out what has happened to Madeleine and that is a worthwhile job. It matters not who he suspects now or who he does not suspect; its just words. He is turning more stones over than anybody else and that may upset some people but he's doing it. He has not named any suspects; the PJ are on record as naming tractor man and any others are named because they were given arguido status, which was their prerogative for their own protection during questioning but it leads to their names being made public. That is how is works in Portugal so Andy Redwood cannot be blamed for that.

Its no good going over and over old cases like Barry George and Colin Stagg. Why don't we talk about successes instead? Thousands of them up and down the country, thousands of criminals every year successfully brought to justice to keep us safe, including the Met. But no, we focus on one or two cases that were not successful instead. Well all forces have their rogue cases I'm afraid but weighted against their successes they are few and far between - its just that when it goes wrong the media have a field day etc.

Well sometimes it goes wrong in hospital or with the army (torture, friendly fire etc). But we call these professionals heroes all the same. Nothing wrong with that because the majority of nurses/soliders are just that, without question, but there are still those who do not nurse well or soldier well and we get the abuse claims against them, but by and large they are heroes.

And its the same with the Police.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Fri 1 Aug - 20:36

kitti wrote:And  the  cadaver scent all over Kate McCann and the apt and car mean nothing?

Nope, not without a body. And don't just take my word for it, Pat Brown is on record as saying this, the PJ know it and SY know it.

Yes indeed, Andy Redwood is doing an unenviable job that no other Policeman would wish to do - no body, no witnesses, no co-operation.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Fri 1 Aug - 21:57

People have been convicted of murder without a body before and I am sure they will be again.
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Fri 1 Aug - 22:02

Yes, fuzeta, April Jones's body has never been found but Bridger was convicted
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Fri 1 Aug - 22:07

malena stool wrote:Yes, fuzeta, April Jones's body has never been found but Bridger was convicted

Wrong, I believe I am right in saying they identified some of her bones in Bridger's fireplace.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 1 Aug - 22:08

LJC wrote:
malena stool wrote:Yes, fuzeta, April Jones's body has never been found but Bridger was convicted

Wrong, I believe I am right in saying they identified some of her bones in Bridger's fireplace.
Yes, that's right. they did. Poor wee soul.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Fri 1 Aug - 22:13

Iris wrote:
LJC wrote:

Yes, that's right. they did.  Poor wee soul.
I stand corrected, sorry.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Fri 1 Aug - 22:27

It does not change the fact that people are convicted of murder without a body
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Fri 1 Aug - 22:52

There are several cases...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_conviction_without_a_body

Circumstantial evidence was originally deemed sufficient to obtain a murder conviction in the Australian "Dingo baby case", and in others such as Bradley John Murdoch and the murder of Thomas and Jackie Hawks.

In June 2001, Essex teenager Danielle Jones went missing and despite a body never being found, the required circumstantial evidence was provided by forensic analysis of text messages sent by the accused, her uncle Stuart Campbell, who was charged with her murder in November 2001 and convicted a year later. Police determined that Campbell had sent text messages from Danielle's mobile phone to his own after she disappeared, to make it appear that she was still alive, and noted that the spelling of some words in the text messages sent from Danielle's mobile phone had changed after she was reporting missing.

In the Australian no-body murder of Keith William Allan, evidence from forensic accountants established a motive for his murder. The chance police finding of one perpetrator driving Allan's car and the conduct of all perpetrators, in particular mobile telephone records, were also important factors in their conviction.[11]

In 2008, Hans Reiser was convicted of first degree murder of his wife, Nina Reiser. After conviction and before sentencing, Reiser plead guilty to the lesser charge of second degree murder in exchange for disclosing the location of his wife's body.[12]

The possibility of the supposed victim turning up alive remains. In 2003, Leonard Fraser, having allegedly confessed to the murder of teenager Natasha Ryan, was on trial for this, and other murders, when she reappeared after having been missing for four years.[13]

In 2012, in Scotland the prosecution twice won a conviction without a body in the murder of Suzanne Pilley and the murder of Arlene Fraser.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Fri 1 Aug - 22:59

fuzeta wrote:It does not change the fact that people are convicted of murder without a body

You are right, it does not change the fact that people are indeed convicted of murder without a body.

But, may I say, the instances of 'no body murders' are rare and where a conviction is obtained it is with good reason.

Good witnesses, good cctv, fraudulent activity etc.

Here are examples: -

Don Banfield, 63, was last seen alive leaving his family home in Harrow, north-west London in May 2001. His body has never been found.

In 2009 police re-opened their investigation and suspicion immediately fell on his wife Shirley, 64, and daughter Lynette, 40.

They found the pair had forged documents with his signature, fraudulently collected his pension and immediately moved house following his disappearance, first to Yorkshire and then to Canterbury in Kent.

They also lied about seeing him in 2008.

But without finding a body, how did police know he had been murdered?

'Tipping point'
Det Ch Insp Howard Groves, who led the Met investigation, said he had "no nagging doubts" that Mr Banfield was dead, but admitted missing body murders were extremely difficult to prove.

He said: "You have to satisfy the jury that someone is dead and therefore not going to walk into a police station and say, 'I believe my wife and daughter have been convicted of my murder, but here I am alive and well'."

Danielle Jones, 15, vanished while walking to catch a school bus near her home in East Tilbury, Essex, in June 2001. Her body has never been found.

Danielle Jones, 15, was murdered by her uncle Stuart Campbell in 2001
Suspicion immediately fell on her uncle Stuart Campbell who denied her kidnap and murder.

As part of his defence, lawyers presented two text messages sent from Danielle's phone to her uncle after she disappeared.

The first read: "HI STU THANKZ 4 BEIN SO NICE UR THE BEST UNCLE EVER! TELL MUM I'M SO SORRY LUVYA LOADZ DAN XXX"

However, the text messages soon moved from being a central part of Campbell's defence, to being a weapon for the prosecution after linguistics expert Professor Malcolm Coulthard was called.

He pointed out that Danielle had only ever sent messages in lower case.

He also highlighted the misspelling of "what" in the other text. Campbell had spelt it "wot", whereas Danielle's usual spelling before her disappearance was "wat".

Campbell was found guilty of her murder and sentenced to life in prison.

Roy Murphy, a retired Detective Chief Inspector who now lectures in policing and criminal investigations at Canterbury Christ Church University, said this is a common tactic.

"The defendant tries to put up a ruse that the body lives," he said.

"He or she sends messages or makes calls from the victim's mobile phone - in the past this was done by doing things like writing letters."
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Fri 1 Aug - 23:08

The difficulty with no body murders is this, that they are easier in the case of an adult or teenager to present a better case before a jury. This is because we are all creatures of habit - we all use bank cards, phones, computers and are driven by routine. When these activities change it immediately arouses suspicion.

With little children there are no routine habits to go by, no routine behaviour that somebody else could try to mimic to make it appear they are still alive i.e. fraudulent use of a bank card.

Sorry, but with little children it is extremley difficult to prove without a body and even with an adult, as can be seen from the examples above, it is still difficult and the evidence has to be overwhelming to convince a jury.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 1 Aug - 23:12

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_conviction_without_a_body

Lots of cases listed here, including one that was local to where I used to live - Arlene Fraser.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Fri 1 Aug - 23:28

Iris wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_conviction_without_a_body

Lots of cases listed here, including one that was local to where I used to live - Arlene Fraser.

Yes, plenty of examples Iris, but how many are there for little children?

Therefore, Andy Redwood has to add to the evidence he already has somehow. And that is going to prove very difficult for him. I even believe if Mr Amaral had stayed involved with the case, adding to the evidence would have proved insurmountable for him as well, without a body.

We can all go on and on and on until it borders on repetitive, going on and on about how could the McCanns have left their children to go out, how could they go running after she disappeared etc. And we can talk about the dogs until the cows come home, but its not enough evidence without a body. Martin Grimes agreed that it was an indication only; it was indicating Madeleine was dead but that's all and it does not prove by whose hands she died.

Listen, no one here doubts that Madeleine is dead, she is dead of course.

But nothing I have read is sufficient proof for a jury that her parents should be convicted. I know deep down that I feel they are involved, but feelings are not proof either.

It really is about convincing a jury isn't it.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 1 Aug - 23:33

It might be in the UK LJC, but I don't know if this would require a jury trial in Portugal. It might be just a judge, or panel of judges, that need convincing. Maybe Claudia would know.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 29 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next