Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No comment.

+13
jinvta
tanszi
LJC
keepingmum
mossman
Panda
MaryB
Lioned
pennylane
interested
fred
almostgothic
nospinnaker
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

No comment. - Page 3 Empty Re: No comment.

Post  widowan Thu 31 Oct - 13:42

margaret wrote:
widowan wrote:
Iris wrote:Remember when the McCann's were asked why they weren't suing Halligen for their £300,000 back, and Clarrie said quite firmly that "the matter was closed".  Well now we all know why.
According to the book, they had bid the work in three parts and Oakley did the first two and were paid for those. They decided not to go forward with the third segment of work. They have no beef with Halligen that I know of - they didn't like the report his work produced since it was highly critical of them, and decided not to retain him. No mincies matters!

Why do you believe the book?  I remember pinky also saying they might take action against Halligen.
I am just reporting what it says. They did pay Oakley, they did receive value for money - we know both are true or at least as far as value, McCanns may not have felt that was so, but they got their report. What is there to sue over? If Halligen fails to pay subs that is between him and them - the McCanns aren't obliged to sue him to pay sub contractors that worked on their case.

Clarence says a lot of things as well, I pay little attention to his spin because it is mealy mouthed. He says nothing and he annoys me. A sock puppet could do that job.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :
No comment. - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100No comment. - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

No comment. - Page 3 Empty Re: No comment.

Post  widowan Thu 31 Oct - 13:50

Also I agree with Pat Brown - that book is the gift that keeps on giving. Much of what is in it is accurate and where it's not that's interesting too. You can compare what's in it with what they've said elsewhere or what the report from the PJ holds. You rarely get this kind of gift of clues from a suspect. It is well worth reading. Also for what they do not say.

For a book about Madeleine it is really a book about Gerry and Kate and their case.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :
No comment. - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100No comment. - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3