Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man Cold

+3
kitti
cherry1
tanszi
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Man Cold - Page 2 Empty Re: Man Cold

Post  Lioned Mon 18 Nov - 22:06

I'm sticking to the red wine protocol.And a little swig of teachers to help me sleep. Man Cold - Page 2 25346 
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :
Man Cold - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Man Cold - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Mon 18 Nov - 22:12

Can't fault you for dedication, Lioned. I feel the same way, The juice of the Barley/Grain/Grape/Potato was on the scene as a successful cure all long before Beecham's Powders and Anti Biotics.
Man Cold - Page 2 25346 
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Sun 3 Aug - 19:21

malena stool wrote:I have the most horrendous Man Cold since Man Colds were invented. Over the past 36 hours, I've sneezed and coughed for England, worked through a box of tissues and I'm happily in the process of od..ing on Paracetamol. I've ran out of whiskey and just had the last lemon, so I'm reduced to drinking coffee and tea.  Help.....
Man Cold - Page 2 389741

Good afternoon malena stool

I usually go to bed with a top hat and a bottle of whisky. You put the hat over the post at the foot of the bed, and drink the whisky until the hat moves. It doesn't cure the cold, you just don't care any more. Get well soon.

katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1296
Warning :

Registration date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 3 Aug - 19:36

Here is a tip given to me by a Chinese colleague, everyone in the office swears this works although I haven't tried it myself. Get a can of full sugar Coca Cola and pour it into a small pan. Add as much grated root ginger (must be fresh, not dried) as you can get in the pan. Heat until the cola boils. Take it off the heat, strain it and drink it all once it's cool enough.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 3 Aug - 20:28

katertaif wrote:
malena stool wrote:I have the most horrendous Man Cold since Man Colds were invented. Over the past 36 hours, I've sneezed and coughed for England, worked through a box of tissues and I'm happily in the process of od..ing on Paracetamol. I've ran out of whiskey and just had the last lemon, so I'm reduced to drinking coffee and tea.  Help.....
Man Cold - Page 2 389741

I usually go to bed with a top hat and a bottle of whisky. You put the hat over the post at the foot of the bed, and drink the whisky until the hat moves. It doesn't cure the cold, you just don't care any more. Get well soon.

Good evening katertaif,

Thank you for this piece of advice. It sounds like a cure based on good solid research. I must try it next time I'm struck down with those nasty virulent manbugs which women seem to be immune to.
They have it so easy... bless 'em.
 Man Cold - Page 2 25346 
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 3 Aug - 20:35

Iris wrote:Here is a tip given to me by a Chinese colleague, everyone in the office swears this works although I haven't tried it myself.  Get a can of full sugar Coca Cola and pour it into a small pan.  Add as much grated root ginger (must be fresh, not dried) as you can get in the pan.  Heat until the cola boils.  Take it off the heat, strain it and drink it all once it's cool enough.    
That sounds good Iris, and a cure I've never heard of, I'll bear this in mind and get Mrs S to make up a brew next time I feel like knocking at the Pearly Gates with a full blown mancold. Man Cold - Page 2 25346 
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sun 3 Aug - 20:37

I find that s reasonable amount of whiskey will cure most things for a certain period of time.

I have personally found red wine has aided my recovery from a debilitating condition i acquired from the NHS about 18 months ago.

About two glasses a day has been prescribed for me and it seems to be working quite well.

Following much practice i have discovered it has to be the quite expensive stuff unfortunately.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 3 Aug - 20:55

Lioned wrote:I find that s reasonable amount of whiskey will cure most things for a certain period of time.

I have personally found red wine has aided my recovery from a debilitating condition i acquired from the NHS about 18 months ago.

About two glasses a day has been  prescribed for me and it seems to be working quite well.

Following much practice i have discovered it has to be the quite expensive stuff unfortunately.
Like yourself I do find whiskey by far and away the best non prescription treatment for most non gastro medical problems, closely followed by dark rum.
Ah, yet another satisfied NHS customer....
Did they stipulate what size glass you had to use, Lioned? I do find those tiddly little 25ml glasses are quite tedious and so not worth getting dirty. I much prefer the 200ml version or if it's cheap plonk the French use to paint their doors with I would use straight from the bottle.
The expensive stuff is very moreish and so far beyond my paygrade... But if you have any that is approaching its sell by date and you're stuck for disposal of the said substance... I'm your man...
 Man Cold - Page 2 294124 
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sun 3 Aug - 21:12

For red wine you must have a large glass as you are only supposed to fill around 1/3 rd of the glass and leave space for 'aeration'.
Consequently i tend to use half pint jugs.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Sun 3 Aug - 22:08

malena stool wrote:
katertaif wrote:
Man Cold - Page 2 389741

Good evening katertaif,

Thank you for this piece of advice. It sounds like a cure based on good solid research. I must try it next time I'm struck down with those nasty virulent manbugs which women seem to be immune to.
They have it so easy... bless 'em.
 Man Cold - Page 2 25346 

Good evening malena stool

Abso(hic)lutely!!!
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1296
Warning :