Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Sniffer Dogs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sniffer Dogs

Post  Lioned on Sun 3 Nov - 18:30

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2012/04/etan_patz_search_renewed_can_cadaver_dogs_smell_30_year_old_corpses_.html

Next step in the search for Maddie maybe to bring the dogs back !

Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8553
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Sniffer Dogs

Post  Lioned on Sun 3 Nov - 20:53

If i recall correctly the dogs lost the scent at the supermarket car park so do we know if the police bothered to search beyond that with the dogs ?
May be the Express article is suggesting the dogs should go sniffing a bit further !

Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse on Sun 3 Nov - 21:45

Lioned wrote:If i recall correctly the dogs lost the scent at the supermarket car park so do we know if the police bothered to search beyond that with the dogs ?
May be the Express article is suggesting the dogs should go sniffing a bit further !
Lioned, that wasn't Eddie and Keela.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18416
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned on Sun 3 Nov - 22:07

I know but did they go sniffing around and beyond the Smith route and those 'derelict' houses mentioned in the Express article. ?

Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti on Mon 4 Nov - 7:33

I think, but not certain, mr amaral said that because the beach or rather the sea was so salty etc, the dogs noses would be thrown off because off this.

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman on Wed 13 Nov - 11:24

I've just watched a short piece on tv about Custom & Excise sniffer dogs at Rosslare Ferry Port in Southern Ireland.

The dogs were detecting money, drugs and cigarettes.

The officer stated they had increased the number of dogs from 3 to 16, purely because of the success rate they have had in detection.

Fantastic to seem them in action. Interestingly, footage of one searching a car showed the handler calling the dog back to the wheel arch, a replica of what Grimes was doing with his dogs and a move those who want to rubbish their work frequently use as a suggestion Grimes was prompting them.

Something I had never thought of before was also mentioned, the number of different scents the drugs dogs have to learn, because of the different types of drugs they detect.

Such clever animals, one gorgeous dog had come from a rescue shelter before being "discovered".

mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 16:23

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down