Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Cameron asked TODAY why Ben dosen't get same resources as Madeleine. PMQ's.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cameron asked TODAY why Ben dosen't get same resources as Madeleine. PMQ's.

Post  jeanmonroe on Wed 6 Nov - 15:43

Angela smith:
Thankyou Mr Speaker.
"Two years ago the PM quite rightly agreed that extra resources be made available to assist in the search for Madeleine McCann."
"And yet only months later he turned down a similar request from my constituent. Kerry Needham, whose son Ben is still missing after 22 years,"
"Will the prime minister please think again and respond positively to my recent letter to him by making extra resources available to help a desperate mother search for her son?"
(hear, hear)

PM: "yeah, well this has been an absolutely heartbreaking case that i know the whole country has. has followed over these years i'll look very carefully  the letter that she wrote me obviously, errrr, it's very important the police make these decisions themselves Government should always stand by to help which is what happened in the Madeleine McCann case but i'll look at what she says and se, see what i can do"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03h7fw7/Prime_Ministers_Questions_06_11_2013/
The exchange is at 23.27-24.27

I didn't see his Government 'ALWAYS standing by to help' Kerry, did you?

But there again, Kerry didn't threaten (persuade) Theresa May and Cameron with splashing their names all over the front covers of newspapers, everyday, until they were finally 'persuaded' to give 'unlimited funding' (£5.7 MILLION, to date) to the Met to 'review/investigate' Madeleines UNEXPLAINED 'disappearance'

And this little GEM from the 'sayings' of Mitchell.

The McCann’s spokesman Clarence Mitchell says: "Kate and Gerry have not been given any special treatment”

Ah, bless, you gotta luv 'im don't ya?

jeanmonroe
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 996
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron asked TODAY why Ben dosen't get same resources as Madeleine. PMQ's.

Post  Panda on Wed 6 Nov - 16:59

It's a wonder the famous three havn't grown noses like Pinocchio,!!!!!! At first, the Police told her it was outside their jurisdiction to do anything, then when Cameron agreed the review Mrs Needhams local Police sent a policeman to help and the Greek Police agreed to dig up the mountain of soil but nothing was found. Much as I admire Mrs Needham, I watched her being interviewed during this period and marvelled at her dedication . At the time she said Ben has a birthmark on his thigh which would not disappear and hoped if a Man had such a birthmark he would contact the Police. I do think though that she is clutching at straws and it is time for her to accept the fact and Ben may never be found and she should concentrate on the rest of her Family.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Ben Needham Search Not Getting Same Resources As Madeleine McCann, Says MP Angela Smith

Post  Annabel on Wed 6 Nov - 18:54

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/11/06/ben-needham_n_4225840.html

Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Location : Europe
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron asked TODAY why Ben dosen't get same resources as Madeleine. PMQ's.

Post  jinvta on Wed 6 Nov - 20:06

Panda wrote:I do think though that she is clutching at straws and it is time for her to accept the fact and Ben may never be found and she should concentrate on the rest of her Family.
The same could be said for the McCanns. Madeleine is no more findable alive after 7 years than Ben is after 22 years.

jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron asked TODAY why Ben dosen't get same resources as Madeleine. PMQ's.

Post  Panda on Wed 6 Nov - 20:33

jinvta wrote:
Panda wrote:I do think though that she is clutching at straws and it is time for her to accept the fact and Ben may never be found and she should concentrate on the rest of her Family.
The same could be said for the McCanns. Madeleine is no more findable alive after 7 years than Ben is after 22 years.

Yes jvinta, but the McCanns have enjoyed all the publicity , made a fortune and have never shown the dignity that Ben's Mum has. As far as we know thw McCanns have bever shown grief, the only time we saw Kate genuinely cry was when Gerry was reading a bulletin for the Press. Have you read thr latest post on the Buzzard thread , seems Kate wanted to speak to one of the OC Staff, even sent over one of the Alpha Detectives???

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron asked TODAY why Ben dosen't get same resources as Madeleine. PMQ's.

Post  widowan on Wed 6 Nov - 20:57

errrr, it's very important the police make these decisions themselves Government should always stand by to help which is what happened in the Madeleine McCann case

Yes, in the case when HE was Prime Minister government should stood by to help and did help, why is a 6 year old case so different?

Exactly because their PM was pressured.

Should we all do that now? Get a good story with a photogenic child or family and then a big relationship with the press leveraging that for stories - so we can pressure the government to do what we want?

Yes, I think is the answer

Bless Mrs Needham, I hope she gets her result - maybe Ben's not dead; maybe some guy will look at his own birthmark, do the math, and come forward.

If so perhaps the appeals should be going out to ten year olds like Madeleine - they are all on the Internet now - do you look like this? Do you remember or have photos in the family album of your life age birth to four?

I saw some poster bill boards in the tube station that were different if you viewed them from adult height vs child height. At child height it showed the child with a black eye and said if you are being abused get help 0 from adult height they only showed the child and not the black eye and appeal.

Madeleine if alive is presumably able to read and would be able to answer an appeal.

Highlighting the reward of £2.6M or even £20,000 for info should be a good idea as well; McCanns should have added to the reward for information out of the Fund, you aren't going to find her by physically searching but at this point asking people to come forward for that amount of money might work.

widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron asked TODAY why Ben dosen't get same resources as Madeleine. PMQ's.

Post  LJC on Wed 6 Nov - 23:40

Well, if Madeleine is alive and if she can read what's going on in the press for the last 6 plus years, I wonder how this skill of learning to read was acquired?

If she can read, she must have had schooling. If she can get in front of a computer, she must have a home life.

However, if its true indeed that she has been abducted by evil paedophiles, I cannot see any of that occurring. They will have spent the last 6 years abusing her, feeding and watering her only to keep her alive for their pleasure. They will not have educated her properly, if at all and I doubt she would have access to a computer.

If I were Kate and Gerry I would not be able to function properly at all at the thought of what her life must be like. Death itself, especially murder, is a terrible cross to bear for a family, but death is final and you know you are never going to see your loved one again so you have no choice but to sink or swim, and most families who have a loved one murdered do swim, they do surface again and are able to live their lives.

But to not know what your darling little girl Madeleine is doing right now, has she got a dirty old man on top of her, is she clean, does she have access to a toilet and sink, what type of food is she eating and who cooks it, is her bedding filthy, is she freezing cold, has she caught a bad flu type infection or worse or does she get sickness due to poor hygiene. All of these things and more terrible thoughts besides would be running through my head constantly and I doubt I would be able to go out to work again as I too would be sick with worry of the type never before experienced.

Yes, I realise they have the twins and so a normal life has to go on as much as they can manage, but how they can be so concerned with sending balloons into the sky, attending gala dinners, instigating court actions and attending the Leveson enquiry and writing blogs and books is completely beyond my imagination when their precious daughter Madeleine is perhaps in a double bed with stained sheets and yellowing pillows, being forced to perform unimaginable acts with an animal of a human being. No, I am sure I couldn't do what the McCanns do.


LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron asked TODAY why Ben dosen't get same resources as Madeleine. PMQ's.

Post  kitti on Thu 7 Nov - 7:25

But the mccanns can go out and enjoy themselves because they know she isn't getting abused daily.


They are getting on with their lives and they think off madeleine on her birthday or other special occasions.


That's what you do when you know your child is dead.



kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron asked TODAY why Ben dosen't get same resources as Madeleine. PMQ's.

Post  LJC on Thu 7 Nov - 12:45

LJC wrote:Well, if Madeleine is alive and if she can read what's going on in the press for the last 6 plus years, I wonder how this skill of learning to read was acquired?

If she can read, she must have had schooling.  If she can get in front of a computer, she must have a home life.

However, if its true indeed that she has been abducted by evil paedophiles, I cannot see any of that occurring.  They will have spent the last 6 years abusing her, feeding and watering her only to keep her alive for their pleasure.  They will not have educated her properly, if at all and I doubt she would have access to a computer.

If I were Kate and Gerry I would not be able to function properly at all at the thought of what her life must be like.  Death itself, especially murder, is a terrible cross to bear for a family, but death is final and you know you are never going to see your loved one again so you have no choice but to sink or swim, and most families who have a loved one murdered do swim, they do surface again and are able to live their lives.

But to not know what your darling little girl Madeleine is doing right now, has she got a dirty old man on top of her, is she clean, does she have access to a toilet and sink, what type of food is she eating and who cooks it, is her bedding filthy, is she freezing cold, has she caught a bad flu type infection or worse or does she get sickness due to poor hygiene.  All of these things and more terrible thoughts besides would be running through my head constantly and I doubt I would be able to go out to work again as I too would be sick with worry of the type never before experienced.

Yes, I realise they have the twins and so a normal life has to go on as much as they can manage, but how they can be so concerned with sending balloons into the sky, attending gala dinners, instigating court actions and attending the Leveson enquiry and writing blogs and books is completely beyond my imagination when their precious daughter Madeleine is perhaps in a double bed with stained sheets and yellowing pillows, being forced to perform unimaginable acts with an animal of a human being.   No, I am sure I couldn't do what the McCanns do.

kitti wrote:But the mccanns can go out and enjoy themselves because they know she isn't getting abused daily.


They are getting on with their lives and they think off madeleine on her birthday or other special occasions.


That's what you do when you know your child is dead.


I agree. And this is the crucial difference between Kate and Kerry Needham, the latter I feel has struggled, she looked like she did and that is why her loss has not been covered in the same way because she was probably too low in herself and too filled up with constant anxiety and panic to get her head around what to do next and who to contact.

But the McCanns, despite telling us about paedo gangs operating in Portugal, despite the horrors their daughter might be experiencing, went on the offensive from the off and tried to run the show (for whatever purpose which I think is now becoming clearer with the suppression of the Smithman E fit).

LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Cameron asked TODAY why Ben dosen't get same resources as Madeleine. PMQ's.

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:30


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum