Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Wandsworth Prison has investigated claims that a group of prison officers went on a night out wearing T-shirts emblazoned with the words “We have Madeleine McCann”.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wandsworth Prison has investigated claims that a group of prison officers went on a night out wearing T-shirts emblazoned with the words “We have Madeleine McCann”.

Post  malena stool on Tue 12 Nov - 10:16

http://www.london24.com/news/prison_investigates_claims_staff_wore_we_have_madeleine_mccann_t_shirts_on_night_out_1_2988847

Prison investigates claims staff wore ‘We have Madeleine McCann’ T-shirts on night-out
Tuesday, November 12, 2013
7:44 AM

Wandsworth Prison has investigated claims that a group of prison officers went on a night out wearing T-shirts emblazoned with the words “We have Madeleine McCann”.

Photos of the staff were posted on Facebook for two months before their bosses at south London prison were alerted, according to the Metro.

The paper reported that the incident led to a prison officer being sacked and four others disciplined.

A Prison Service spokesman said: “An investigation has taken place at HMP Wandsworth and appropriate disciplinary action has been taken following an incident concerning a number of prison officers outside of working hours and away from the prison.

“Until the disciplinary process is completed we are unable to comment further.”

Share this

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13370
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandsworth Prison has investigated claims that a group of prison officers went on a night out wearing T-shirts emblazoned with the words “We have Madeleine McCann”.

Post  malena stool on Tue 12 Nov - 10:17

I have of course tried to comment.... Sorry I failed.....

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13370
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandsworth Prison has investigated claims that a group of prison officers went on a night out wearing T-shirts emblazoned with the words “We have Madeleine McCann”.

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Tue 12 Nov - 10:38

http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/11/prison-officer-sacked-and-four-others-disciplined-after-madeleine-mccann-t-shirt-stunt-4183081/?ITO=Facebook

Comments are allowed here. Dear old Pedro Silva has had his say.

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6697
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandsworth Prison has investigated claims that a group of prison officers went on a night out wearing T-shirts emblazoned with the words “We have Madeleine McCann”.

Post  almostgothic on Tue 12 Nov - 10:54

And who alerted the prison bosses, I wonder ...  


Just another oblique way of trying to grab the sympathy vote.

It won't work.

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandsworth Prison has investigated claims that a group of prison officers went on a night out wearing T-shirts emblazoned with the words “We have Madeleine McCann”.

Post  malena stool on Tue 12 Nov - 11:04

It's strange how so many people's lives are being changed and flung into disarray because of Madeleine's disappearance from the family group...

Except of course those who were responsible for her safety...

And no one is allowed to be publicly critical in any way shape or form of the actions of the poor girl's parents, who have free rein to say and do as they wish...

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13370
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandsworth Prison has investigated claims that a group of prison officers went on a night out wearing T-shirts emblazoned with the words “We have Madeleine McCann”.

Post  Panda on Tue 12 Nov - 11:22



"You can fool some of the people some of the time and you can fool all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all of the time"

It was tasteless I agree, but I don't think any Policeman should have been sacked, disciplined yes. Actually I think it was a very clever way of showing their disgust at the way SY have spent so much money, a T Shirt, not one bought from the McCanns . 

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandsworth Prison has investigated claims that a group of prison officers went on a night out wearing T-shirts emblazoned with the words “We have Madeleine McCann”.

Post  T4two on Tue 12 Nov - 11:30

Incredible that making an ironic statement of this kind should be a disciplinary offence let alone grounds for termination of employment. I await news of an appeal tribunal in due course. Meanwhile it's another nail in the coffin in the McCann popularity stakes I hope.

T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Age : 68
Location : Germany/England
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandsworth Prison has investigated claims that a group of prison officers went on a night out wearing T-shirts emblazoned with the words “We have Madeleine McCann”.

Post  weissnicht on Tue 12 Nov - 11:37

Panda wrote:

"You can fool some of the people some of the time and you can fool all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all of the time"

It was tasteless I agree, but I don't think any Policeman should have been sacked, disciplined yes. Actually I think it was a very clever way of showing their disgust at the way SY have spent so much money, a T Shirt, not one bought from the McCanns . 
Sacked....oh dear. No bad jokes, or any jokes, about UKs Gods, the Mccann family. It's blasphemy in UK. Everybody should know that by now.

weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandsworth Prison has investigated claims that a group of prison officers went on a night out wearing T-shirts emblazoned with the words “We have Madeleine McCann”.

Post  tanszi on Tue 12 Nov - 11:38

i could well imagine that someone would have a word saying they felt it was insensitive, but then withholding information which might have helped the search which was probably paid for by the thousands of people who donated to the limited company was highly insensitive, and nothing has happened to either of them. Ironic really two people who lose a child by leaving her in an unlocked apartment in a foreign country aren't disciplined by anyone. he something to do with cardiology, (not a consultant) gets to keep his job with no disciplinary action, she for reasons we will never know decides not to return to work as a GP.. don't know why anyone was sacked or put on disciplinary action. It was in their own time, we ll have the bl**din thought police on us next.

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3098
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandsworth Prison has investigated claims that a group of prison officers went on a night out wearing T-shirts emblazoned with the words “We have Madeleine McCann”.

Post  almostgothic on Tue 12 Nov - 11:47

I realise that those in public service have to abide by strict codes of discipline in and out of uniform.
But FFS, anyone remotely street-smart knows that this kinda thing sometimes happens when you get a gang of drunken blokes hanging out together - especially if they are of the 'work hard - play hard' school of thought.

Sacking = sledgehammer -> nut, IMO.

Disciplinary measures, yes. But a sacking? Was this guy already on a warning?
Or did the person who monitored saw this pic kick up a right old stinking fuss about it?

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandsworth Prison has investigated claims that a group of prison officers went on a night out wearing T-shirts emblazoned with the words “We have Madeleine McCann”.

Post  mara thon on Tue 12 Nov - 11:48

Obviously I wasn't wrong when I posted on another thread that soon there will be a law passed making it illegal not to believe everything the Mccanns say.
It's probably being discussed in parliament as I type !

mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7063
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandsworth Prison has investigated claims that a group of prison officers went on a night out wearing T-shirts emblazoned with the words “We have Madeleine McCann”.

Post  margaret on Tue 12 Nov - 11:53

malena stool wrote:It's strange how so many people's lives are being changed and flung into disarray because of Madeleine's disappearance from the family group...

Except of course those who were responsible for her safety...

And no one is allowed to be publicly critical in any way shape or form of the actions of the poor girl's parents, who have free rein to say and do as they wish...
Malena, probably the best summing up l've seen for a long time on this case.  

margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandsworth Prison has investigated claims that a group of prison officers went on a night out wearing T-shirts emblazoned with the words “We have Madeleine McCann”.

Post  weissnicht on Tue 12 Nov - 12:19

mara thon wrote:Obviously I wasn't wrong when I posted on another thread that soon there will be a law passed making it illegal not to believe everything the Mccanns say.
It's probably being discussed in parliament as I type !
Yep.

weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandsworth Prison has investigated claims that a group of prison officers went on a night out wearing T-shirts emblazoned with the words “We have Madeleine McCann”.

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Tue 12 Nov - 12:24

I am only half joking when I say that McCannism is on its way to becoming an accepted religious organisation with stiff penalties imposed for blasphemy.

http://www.patcondell.net/feedback/

This is a link to comments received by a stand-up comedian called Pat Condell who does monologues on religious nutcases.

Beware, the language is absolutely disgusting - it brings to mind the worst element of the McCanns' supporters.

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6697
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandsworth Prison has investigated claims that a group of prison officers went on a night out wearing T-shirts emblazoned with the words “We have Madeleine McCann”.

Post  Guest on Tue 12 Nov - 13:14

It's okay for various politicians and royals to dress up as Nazis, though.  

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Wandsworth Prison has investigated claims that a group of prison officers went on a night out wearing T-shirts emblazoned with the words “We have Madeleine McCann”.

Post  malena stool on Tue 12 Nov - 14:37

Iris wrote:It's okay for various politicians and royals to dress up as Nazis, though.  
I agree Iris, I believe that their need to wear such a uniform suggests their intellect is veering towards the Nazi ideology of belonging to an elite breed and everyone else are just untermenschen.

Tendencies towards National Socialism are not unknown in politicians or even those of 'Royal' lineage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_VIII_of_the_United_Kingdom
http://www.martinfrost.ws/htmlfiles/royal_nazis2.html

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13370
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandsworth Prison has investigated claims that a group of prison officers went on a night out wearing T-shirts emblazoned with the words “We have Madeleine McCann”.

Post  Lioned on Tue 12 Nov - 14:50

I think if i was forced to go out in a T shirt like that i would feel like a right prat !

Very bad taste bearing in mind the child is probably dead or suffering.

Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Age : 107
Location : Down South
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandsworth Prison has investigated claims that a group of prison officers went on a night out wearing T-shirts emblazoned with the words “We have Madeleine McCann”.

Post  malena stool on Tue 12 Nov - 15:06

Lioned wrote:I think if i was forced to go out in a T shirt like that i would feel like a right prat !

Very bad taste bearing in mind the child is probably dead or suffering.
I for one fully agree with you, Lioned but the parents also need public condemnation for their part in her disappearance and being allowed to make a fortune out of their irresponsible arrogance and incompetence while destroying the lives of anyone who challenges them.

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13370
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandsworth Prison has investigated claims that a group of prison officers went on a night out wearing T-shirts emblazoned with the words “We have Madeleine McCann”.

Post  Lioned on Tue 12 Nov - 15:14

Yes i agree ms but I could probably think up a thousand and one slogans glorifying the parents incredibly good parenting skills which i would be happy to wear.

Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Age : 107
Location : Down South
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandsworth Prison has investigated claims that a group of prison officers went on a night out wearing T-shirts emblazoned with the words “We have Madeleine McCann”.

Post  malena stool on Tue 12 Nov - 15:36

Lioned wrote:Yes i agree ms but I could probably think up a thousand and one slogans glorifying the parents incredibly good parenting skills which i would be happy to wear.
You and I both...

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13370
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandsworth Prison has investigated claims that a group of prison officers went on a night out wearing T-shirts emblazoned with the words “We have Madeleine McCann”.

Post  jinvta on Tue 12 Nov - 16:35

tanszi wrote:i could well imagine that someone would have a word saying they felt it was insensitive, but then withholding information which might have helped the search which was probably paid for by the thousands of  people who donated to the limited company was highly insensitive, and nothing has happened to either of them. Ironic really two people who lose a child by leaving her in an unlocked apartment in a foreign country aren't disciplined by anyone.  he something to do with cardiology, (not a consultant)  gets to keep his job with no disciplinary action, she for reasons we will never know decides not to return to work as a GP..  don't know why anyone was sacked or put on disciplinary action.  It was in their own time, we ll have the bl**din thought police on us next.
It's like rain on your holiday
It's like free wine when you've already paid
It's the night creche that you just didn't take
Who would've thought... it figures

jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandsworth Prison has investigated claims that a group of prison officers went on a night out wearing T-shirts emblazoned with the words “We have Madeleine McCann”.

Post  Guest on Wed 13 Nov - 10:33

tanszi wrote:...don't know why anyone was sacked or put on disciplinary action.  It was in their own time, we ll have the bl**din thought police on us next.
already here. potential employees; at least here in the UK; are vetted social media wise to establish their suitability and it's not unknown for employees to be disciplined for comments made on those sites. what these guys thought they were doing is beyond me but then perhaps that's just me. i think it reasonable to consider that the photograph appeared on the facebook page of the guy who was fired and who may or may not have already been the subject of disciplinary action. add to that they collectively brought the prison service into disrepute. that's what got them. there's no such thing as 'own time' any more.

 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Wandsworth Prison has investigated claims that a group of prison officers went on a night out wearing T-shirts emblazoned with the words “We have Madeleine McCann”.

Post  malena stool on Wed 13 Nov - 10:46

Marky wrote:
tanszi wrote:...don't know why anyone was sacked or put on disciplinary action.  It was in their own time, we ll have the bl**din thought police on us next.
already here. potential employees; at least here in the UK; are vetted social media wise to establish their suitability and it's not unknown for employees to be disciplined for comments made on those sites. what these guys thought they were doing is beyond me but then perhaps that's just me. i think it reasonable to consider that the photograph appeared on the facebook page of the guy who was fired and who may or may not have already been the subject of disciplinary action. add to that they collectively brought the prison service into disrepute. that's what got them. there's no such thing as 'own time' any more.  

 
Sadly that's very true Marky... Unless of course in the case of MPs, Peers of the Realm, Celebrities and Bankers who fill in their spare time by robbing the public purse, interfering with minors or insider trading... We don't see very many of this breed of sub-human walking the walk of shame..

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13370
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandsworth Prison has investigated claims that a group of prison officers went on a night out wearing T-shirts emblazoned with the words “We have Madeleine McCann”.

Post  Guest on Wed 13 Nov - 10:52

malena stool wrote:
Marky wrote:
tanszi wrote:...don't know why anyone was sacked or put on disciplinary action.  It was in their own time, we ll have the bl**din thought police on us next.
already here. potential employees; at least here in the UK; are vetted social media wise to establish their suitability and it's not unknown for employees to be disciplined for comments made on those sites. what these guys thought they were doing is beyond me but then perhaps that's just me. i think it reasonable to consider that the photograph appeared on the facebook page of the guy who was fired and who may or may not have already been the subject of disciplinary action. add to that they collectively brought the prison service into disrepute. that's what got them. there's no such thing as 'own time' any more.  

 
Sadly that's very true Marky... Unless of course in the case of MPs, Peers of the Realm, Celebrities and Bankers who fill in their spare time by robbing the public purse, interfering with minors or insider trading... We don't see very many of this breed of sub-human walking the walk of shame..
and no surprise they want to regulate the press either huh?  

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Wandsworth Prison has investigated claims that a group of prison officers went on a night out wearing T-shirts emblazoned with the words “We have Madeleine McCann”.

Post  tanszi on Wed 13 Nov - 11:17

I agree totally its in the worst possible taste, but then I find some things funny that others would be appalled at and the group thought it was ok. Whilst that group of people might be seen by some to bring the Prison Service in to disrepute, there is obviously another strand of thinking within the NHS, doctors and 3 children under 4 left without adequate care and protection.

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3098
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Wandsworth Prison has investigated claims that a group of prison officers went on a night out wearing T-shirts emblazoned with the words “We have Madeleine McCann”.

Post  Sponsored content Today at 18:35


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum