Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Afghanistan car bomb blast/ Election 5/4/2014

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Afghanistan car bomb blast/ Election 5/4/2014

Post  Panda on Sat 16 Nov - 16:13

http://news.sky.com/story/1169552/afghanistan-bomb-car-blast-near-talks-venue.

Bring our boys home, there will never be peace in Afghanistan .


Last edited by Panda on Sat 5 Apr - 22:28; edited 2 times in total

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Another attack in Afghanistan

Post  Panda on Sun 23 Feb - 14:50

Taliban attack kills 20 Afghan soldiers
Updated: 18:16, Sunday February 23, 2014
Taliban attack kills 20 Afghan soldiers
The Taliban have stormed an Afghan army outpost in the eastern Kunar province bordering Pakistan, killing 20 soldiers and kidnapping seven.

The volatile border area is dominated by militants who often use improvised explosive devices to target soldiers, but Sunday's attack left the highest casualty count in a single incident in recent months.

The attack occurred in the Ghaziabad district of Kunar province, provincial governor Shujah-Ul Mulk Jalala said. The Taliban later issued a statement claiming responsibility.

The governor said 'some' of the soldiers in the post were thought to have aided the attackers, though this could not be verified by an independent source and the Taliban did not mention insider help in their statement.

A hunt was underway to release the kidnapped troopers, a defence ministry official in Kabul said.

Casualties among Afghan soldiers and police have increased in recent years as they take more responsibility in the fight against insurgents before their Western allies, the US and NATO troops, leave under a US plan by the end of the year.

============

What good did the US and Britain do ??????????

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

What was the point

Post  katertaif on Fri 7 Mar - 13:26

Good morning Panda

Your comments on Afghanistan are right and correct. We have done no good there at all. We have lost over 400 servicemen and women with God knows how many maimed and for what? Not to mention the hundreds of coalition troops killed and maimed, and countless civilian casualties. Karzai in his latest speech is not even grateful although I believe I know why he is saying what he is now that the end of armed protection is in sight.

We occupied Afghanistan in the 19th century before we were kicked out with our tail between our legs, due almost entirely to bad leadership. We went back shooting the next year, and still, as soon as we left, Afghanistan reverted. The might of the Red army with much shorter supply lines than ours could not do it they left, mission unaccomplished.

The Taliban never went away, and I have no doubt at all have well infiltrated the police and armed forces, trained, supplied with weapons and materiel by us and even paid by us. they are now setting up a mission in Dubai, and will probably get full diplomatic status out of it with all that will imply when they start all over denying girls an education, and all the rest of their twisted and mindless creed.

Karzai has salted away a great deal of money I have no doubt, and would like to live to enjoy it. I doubt if he can stay in Afghanistan though. As for what good we did, we couldn't even close down the poppy fields. The Taliban at least did that much.

katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1283
Age : 72
Location : West Midlands
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Afghanistan car bomb blast/ Election 5/4/2014

Post  Panda on Sat 8 Mar - 9:51

Karzai was appointed by the Americans , Tony Blair offered £40 a field for the Afghans NOT to grow Poppies , needless to say no-one took up his offer.

There are also so many different radicals beside the Taliban it is hard to know who is who. Thankfully the U.S. hasn't got the finance or will to get involved in other Countries Politics , did Libya Benefit, Iraq, Afghanistan?

The World is in turmoil , sounds selfish but I'm glad I am not growing up in it....what a legacy has been left for future generations. 

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Afghanistan and terrorism

Post  katertaif on Sat 8 Mar - 11:27

Good morning Panda

Karzai may very well have been sponsored by our colonial cousins, but the fact remains that he did win a democratically held election in 2004 winning 21 of the I believe 32 provinces. There will have been corruption, and intimidation, I have no doubt, but still a decisive win.

if Blair did offer £40 per field not to grow poppies, it was a pitiful and ludicrous amount but I cannot find any record of it. It is my understanding that troops were deployed in Helmand to inhibit the growth of poppies to be then transformed into heroin

I'm not in any way supporting the Taliban, but they did almost entirely wipe out the poppy growing industry, declaring it to be un-Islamic which it is. Other than that, from their treatment of women through their street justice to their sponsoring of terrorist training camps, nothing good can be said about them.

Unfortunately I believe that they will resurface, much stronger than before, along with all the other terror networks. ISIS Al Queda, Boko Haram, The Muslim brotherhood etc, etc. One of the chief worries of all these different branches of what is a terrorist inspired religion to begin with is that they all know only one answer to anyone who disagrees with their narrow point of view

Karzai has been the willing stooge of the US and ourselves up to now so why is he now slagging us all off? he can't stand for president again, so from that point of view he has no axe to grind. I think it's because he has money salted away and would like to live to enjoy it. One way being to distance himself from us even though we have kept him in power, and supported his way of life.

katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1283
Age : 72
Location : West Midlands
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Afghanistan car bomb blast/ Election 5/4/2014

Post  Guest on Sat 8 Mar - 12:23

Panda wrote:The World is in turmoil , sounds selfish but I'm glad I am not growing up in it....what a legacy has been left for future generations. 
the world has been far far worse turmoil than it is today yet it recovered as it will again.  

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Afghanistan car bomb blast/ Election 5/4/2014

Post  Panda on Sat 8 Mar - 13:23

I think these are very different times Marky, at least in the 2 world Wars last century, you knew your enemy , now dissent has spread to most parts of the World, even China has it's dissidents. Today we have millions of Refugees in camps , what will happen to them ???? They won't be educated and chances are the camps will breed more Rebels.

We also have the threat of Nuclear War, right Job's comforter aren't I LOL

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Afghanistan car bomb blast/ Election 5/4/2014

Post  Panda on Sat 8 Mar - 13:58

Katertaif


This is a link showing Tony Blair expecting Afghan Farmers being offered money not to grow opium.  They refused all those years ago because they could earn more money selling Opium and Heroin . Also, it was accepted that the NHS in Britain needed Opium for treatment.


@ Marky   this is another reason why the Western World , particularly Britain, is not going to survive, too many addicts and money to be made from drugs.
             alcohol abuse is a close second.


Last edited by Panda on Sat 8 Mar - 17:14; edited 1 time in total

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Afghanistan car bomb blast/ Election 5/4/2014

Post  Claudia79 on Sat 8 Mar - 15:13

Marky wrote:
Panda wrote:The World is in turmoil , sounds selfish but I'm glad I am not growing up in it....what a legacy has been left for future generations. 
the world has been far far worse turmoil than it is today yet it recovered as it will again.  

Couldn't agree more. This idea that the world is about to end and it's never been worse is BS as far as I'm concerned. The world has never been safer in the sense that nowadays things happen and the rest of the world knows about it in minutes while before the most terrible atrocities were committed and no one knew. The fact that we know about things doesn't mean the world is worse. Quite the opposite.

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Afghanistan car bomb blast/ Election 5/4/2014

Post  Panda on Sat 8 Mar - 15:47

Claudia79 wrote:
Marky wrote:
Panda wrote:The World is in turmoil , sounds selfish but I'm glad I am not growing up in it....what a legacy has been left for future generations. 
the world has been far far worse turmoil than it is today yet it recovered as it will again.  

Couldn't agree more. This idea that the world is about to end and it's never been worse is BS as far as I'm concerned. The world has never been safer in the sense that nowadays things happen and the rest of the world knows about it in minutes while before the most terrible atrocities were committed and no one knew. The fact that we know about things doesn't mean the world is worse. Quite the opposite.


Sorry Claudia79, I don't understand your reasoning??? The World Wars we had before had Guns and bombs as weapons, now we have Nuclear Energy which can wipe out entire Countries. Now we have more Wars going on around the World simultaneously than ever before , we have millions of homeless people living in Refugee Camps .....and you think the World is safer?

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Afghanistan car bomb blast/ Election 5/4/2014

Post  Panda on Sat 8 Mar - 17:54

katertaif wrote:Good morning Panda

Karzai may very well have been sponsored by our colonial cousins, but the fact remains that he did win a democratically held election in 2004 winning 21 of the I believe 32 provinces. There will have been corruption, and intimidation, I have no doubt, but still a decisive win.

if Blair did offer £40 per field not to grow poppies, it was a pitiful and ludicrous amount but I cannot find any record of it. It is my understanding that troops were deployed in Helmand to inhibit the growth of poppies to be then transformed into heroin

I'm not in any way supporting the Taliban, but they did almost entirely wipe out the poppy growing industry, declaring it to be un-Islamic which it is. Other than that, from their treatment of women through their street justice to their sponsoring of terrorist training camps, nothing good can be said about them.

Unfortunately I believe that they will resurface, much stronger than before, along with all the other terror networks. ISIS Al Queda, Boko Haram, The Muslim brotherhood etc, etc. One of the chief worries of all these different branches of what is a terrorist inspired religion to begin with is that they all know only one answer to anyone who disagrees with their narrow point of view

Karzai has been the willing stooge of the US and ourselves up to now so why is he now slagging us all off? he can't stand for president again, so from that point of view he has no axe to grind. I think it's because he has money salted away and would like to live to enjoy it. One way being to distance himself from us even though we have kept him in power, and supported his way of life.
========================================
I did find a reference , but as usual can't find it now., this link proves Blair and Bush made the offer $42 which was rejected out of hand and now the World is flooded with Opium .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/afghanistan/1362740/Britain-and-US-plan-to-stop-heroin-trade-by-buying-Afghan-opium-crop.html

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Afghanistan bomb blast

Post  katertaif on Sat 8 Mar - 21:23

Hi Panda

I can see Blair in his infinite wisdom (or perhaps that should read infinitesimal wisdom) accepting that the NHS needed Opium. A reply to one of my posts on another site some time ago claimed that to destroy the Afghanistan Poppy fields altogether would endanger the legitimate growing of Poppies for Opium and indeed Heroin.

There are several countries engaged in the legitimate growing of poppies for medical use not only for the NHS, but in other countries. Afghan produce is aimed at the moral destruction of our society, together with the misery and collateral crimes committed by those with a habit in order to fund it.

Without that many of the crime syndicates throughout the world would be in serious financial trouble, that even includes the IRA. Those fields should have been completely destroyed years ago.

katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1283
Age : 72
Location : West Midlands
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Afghanistan car bomb blast/ Election 5/4/2014

Post  Panda on Sun 9 Mar - 1:10

katertaif wrote:Hi Panda

I can see Blair in his infinite wisdom (or perhaps that should read infinitesimal wisdom) accepting that the NHS needed Opium. A reply to one of my posts on another site some time ago claimed that to destroy the Afghanistan Poppy fields altogether would endanger the legitimate growing of Poppies for Opium and indeed Heroin.

There are several countries engaged in the legitimate growing of poppies for medical use not only for the NHS, but in other countries. Afghan produce is aimed at the moral destruction of our society, together with the misery and collateral crimes committed by those with a habit in order to fund it.

Without that many of the crime syndicates throughout the world would be in serious financial trouble, that even includes the IRA. Those fields should have been completely destroyed years ago.

Hi katertaif

When you look at the WORLD LEADERS , Blair and Bush, who were responsible not only for misinformation on the reasons for invading Afghanistan but the deaths and injuries of so many young Soldiers they should first and foremost been stripped of their leadership. What has Blair done since becoming our roving Peacemaker for the Middle East??? No wonder they call him Teflon Tony.!!!

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Afghanistan car bomb blast/ Election 5/4/2014

Post  Claudia79 on Sun 9 Mar - 3:09

Panda wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Marky wrote:
Panda wrote:The World is in turmoil , sounds selfish but I'm glad I am not growing up in it....what a legacy has been left for future generations. 
the world has been far far worse turmoil than it is today yet it recovered as it will again.  

Couldn't agree more. This idea that the world is about to end and it's never been worse is BS as far as I'm concerned. The world has never been safer in the sense that nowadays things happen and the rest of the world knows about it in minutes while before the most terrible atrocities were committed and no one knew. The fact that we know about things doesn't mean the world is worse. Quite the opposite.


Sorry Claudia79, I don't understand your reasoning??? The World Wars we had before had Guns and bombs  as weapons, now we have Nuclear Energy which can wipe out entire Countries. Now we have more Wars going on around the World simultaneously than ever before , we have millions of homeless people living in Refugee Camps .....and you think the World is safer?

Yes, I do. And I find the 'Oh this world is so horrible, I don't want to see how it will be in 50 years time' mantra BS. A BS which is used by all generations, to be fair. Usually when we are getting older because it's linked to the nostalgia we feel of times when we were younger. And I think I'll probably use it either in about 20 years times if I'm around.

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Afghanistan car bomb blast/ Election 5/4/2014

Post  Panda on Sun 9 Mar - 6:50

Let's just agree to differ then/  

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Teflon Tony

Post  katertaif on Sun 9 Mar - 9:23

Good morning again Panda

Teflon Tony is about right I wonder what he ever did to get the job of Peace envoy? I know that since he got it, the place has gone up in flames. I don't blame him for that but I cannot for the life of me see what he has ever done to help the situation. I wonder if he even knows where the Middle East is.

W used to live in Sedgefield and one of my proudest moments is when I refused to shake hands with him one evening. To be absolutely fair, the toothpaste smile never wavered, and I wonder if he even noticed.

katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1283
Age : 72
Location : West Midlands
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Afghanistan car bomb blast/ Election 5/4/2014

Post  malena stool on Sun 9 Mar - 9:52

I applaud you katertaif...   

My old man had a saying... "Shake hands with no man untill you've known him 5 years".

With Blair you'd have to count your fingers. And no, he wouldn't notice you'd snubbed him he's totally used to it.

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13363
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Afghanistan car bomb blast/ Election 5/4/2014

Post  Panda on Sun 9 Mar - 11:49


Nothing sticks to him though malena does it!!1 He lied to Parliament twice over the 45 minute warning yet never appeared before a Tribunal, he did away with Civil Servants who knew far more than any Politician ,' Yes Minister' springs to mind  It was said that Cherie , born into a poor family , was paranoid about being poor, no chance of that is there!!!

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Afghanistan car bomb blast/ Election 5/4/2014

Post  malena stool on Sun 9 Mar - 13:09

Panda wrote:
Nothing sticks to him though malena does it!!1 He lied to Parliament twice over the 45 minute warning yet never appeared before a Tribunal, he did away with Civil Servants who knew far more than any Politician ,' Yes Minister' springs to mind  It was said that Cherie , born into a poor family , was paranoid about being poor, no chance of that is there!!!

I don't think she was born into a poor family Panda... That is all smoke and mirrors intended to show how she dragged herself out of the gutter and wanted to use knowledged gained from her 'poor upbringing' to change the world... How many n's in Gonads?

Her father Tony Booth the actor, almost certainly knew hard times being born in the early 1930s in Liverpool. Cherie was born in 1954, after rationing had stopped, the NHS was up and running and jobs were plenty. After her father deserted the family in 1962 she was brought up by her mother and paternal grandmother who helped put her through college and into law.

She did not grow up in an inner city environment, she was born in Waterloo, (suburbia almost) on the coast just north of Liverpool and attended school in Crosby and Sefton again on the coast.

Lots of our so called celebrities like to pose as being from underdog working class backgrounds, to my mind in most cases it's a load of BS.

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13363
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Afghanistan car bomb blast/ Election 5/4/2014

Post  Claudia79 on Sun 9 Mar - 13:21

Panda wrote:Let's just agree to differ then/  

Of course. That's one of the beauties of life.
I also think that it's BS when people say 'Ah, those were the days' when referring to times when they didn't have much to eat, had to share a bed with 2 or 3 other people, had to take cold showers and were freezing all the time. I think that what they actually miss is their youth, not having so many worries, having all their lives in front of them. They don't actually want to see their kids and grand-kids living like that.   

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Afghanistan car bomb blast/ Election 5/4/2014

Post  Panda on Sun 9 Mar - 13:51

Claudia79 wrote:
Panda wrote:Let's just agree to differ then/  

Of course. That's one of the beauties of life.
I also think that it's BS when people say 'Ah, those were the days' when referring to times when they didn't have much to eat, had to share a bed with 2 or 3 other people, had to take cold showers and were freezing all the time. I think that what they actually miss is their youth, not having so many worries, having all their lives in front of them. They don't actually want to see their kids and grand-kids living like that.   

Thing is Claudia, we never felt disadvantaged because everyone was in the same boat. Also, there was far more neighbourliness than you have now, Mothers stayed at home to look after their children , you could play in the street because there was hardly any cars , Seasons were really Seasons , not like we have now . We never felt deprived of anything and now Society has changed so much because Hire Purchase was invented , buying your own home a must, getting into enormous debt , buying things you don't really need...it's called consumerism. It started in America and the guy who invented it was called I think Bearnais and ' it's not what you need , it's what you desire' was the slogan.

I'm glad I am not growing up in today's World

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Afghanistan car bomb blast/ Election 5/4/2014

Post  Claudia79 on Sun 9 Mar - 14:50

Panda wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Panda wrote:Let's just agree to differ then/  

Of course. That's one of the beauties of life.
I also think that it's BS when people say 'Ah, those were the days' when referring to times when they didn't have much to eat, had to share a bed with 2 or 3 other people, had to take cold showers and were freezing all the time. I think that what they actually miss is their youth, not having so many worries, having all their lives in front of them. They don't actually want to see their kids and grand-kids living like that.   

Thing is Claudia, we never felt disadvantaged because everyone was in the same boat. Also, there was far more neighbourliness than you have now, Mothers stayed at home to look after their children , you could play in the street because there was hardly any cars , Seasons were really Seasons , not like we have now . We never felt deprived of anything and now Society has changed so much because Hire Purchase was invented , buying your own home a must, getting into enormous debt , buying things you don't really need...it's called consumerism. It started in America and the guy who invented it was called I think Bearnais and ' it's not what you need , it's what you desire' was the slogan.

I'm glad I am not growing up in today's World

Like I said, nostalgia of being young. I know, sometimes I start feeling it too.   

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Afghanistan car bomb blast/ Election 5/4/2014

Post  malena stool on Sun 9 Mar - 14:56

Claudia79 wrote:
Panda wrote:Let's just agree to differ then/  

Of course. That's one of the beauties of life.
I also think that it's BS when people say 'Ah, those were the days' when referring to times when they didn't have much to eat, had to share a bed with 2 or 3 other people, had to take cold showers and were freezing all the time. I think that what they actually miss is their youth, not having so many worries, having all their lives in front of them. They don't actually want to see their kids and grand-kids living like that.   

Cold showers? you were spoilt Claudia, I stood in the kitchen sink to have a bath... Our house was so cold the condensation on the windows was on the outside... Brrrrr.. We were so poor our mice had rickets.   

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13363
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Afghanistan car bomb blast/ Election 5/4/2014

Post  Claudia79 on Sun 9 Mar - 15:11

malena stool wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Panda wrote:Let's just agree to differ then/  

Of course. That's one of the beauties of life.
I also think that it's BS when people say 'Ah, those were the days' when referring to times when they didn't have much to eat, had to share a bed with 2 or 3 other people, had to take cold showers and were freezing all the time. I think that what they actually miss is their youth, not having so many worries, having all their lives in front of them. They don't actually want to see their kids and grand-kids living like that.   

Cold showers? you were spoilt Claudia, I stood in the kitchen sink to have a bath... Our house was so cold the condensation on the windows was on the outside... Brrrrr.. We were so poor our mice had rickets.   

  
I didn't go through anything like that, MS, thank God. I was born and raised with bathrooms and hot water. But my dad wasn't. And he certainly doesn't miss it. I do remember, though, that my grandparent's 'bathroom' (on my father's side - my grandad was born in 1901 and my grandma in 1900) was a wooden shack on the outside of the house.
As for consumerism, I don't think it's a generation thing at all. It's an individual trait and the way you were raised has a lot of influence. I'm almost 35 and I don't owe anyone a cent. If I don't have money to buy it, I don't. I don't even have a credit card. Don't need it, don't want it.

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Afghanistan car bomb blast/ Election 5/4/2014

Post  malena stool on Sun 9 Mar - 15:35

I exagerated slightly, our condensation was on the inside... just like everyone elses.....  

Like yourself, even now what we can't afford we don't have. Mrs S looks after the money, she makes it go further than even I could.
Back in the day no one had luxuries because there weren't any. Times were hard, money was scarce, houses were hard to get also. We lived with my grandparents because there was nowhere else.

You are right about consumerism, my friends who really know me slag me off for being a tight person, (that's not the phrase they use) and it's true.. I am, it's the way I was brought up.

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13363
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Afghanistan car bomb blast/ Election 5/4/2014

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:03


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum