Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The "Creepy Man" that time forgot... but never The Sun, 18 November 2013/Nigel Moore

+2
LJC
Annabel
6 posters

Go down

The "Creepy Man" that time forgot... but never The Sun, 18 November 2013/Nigel Moore Empty The "Creepy Man" that time forgot... but never The Sun, 18 November 2013/Nigel Moore

Post  Annabel Tue 19 Nov - 13:26

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id232.html

The "Creepy Man" that time forgot... but never The Sun, 18 November 2013

The "Creepy Man" that time forgot... but never The Sun McCann Files

"Creepy Man" by Melissa Little

Guy, Guy, Guy,
Stick him up on high.
Hang him on a lamp post
And leave him there to die.

By Nigel Moore
18 November 2013

The Sun newspaper, never ones to let sleeping corpses lie, especially when there's a subscription bob in it, turned their spades once again at the weekend to an old favourite in the Madeleine McCann case: "Creepy Man".

Last week it was reported that a Brit woman, who doesn't wish to be named, was harassed by a 'drugged up Portuguese man' in Vilamoura - 30 miles from Praia da Luz - a month before Madeleine disappeared. The man was described as being 'scruffy and long-haired'.

Cue an accompanying sketch of scruffy, long-haired "Creepy Man" and it's off to print we go.

Yesterday, it was the turn of 'Irish ma', Shauna Duncan, to describe how a man on a motorbike tried to snatch her daughter in Praia da Luz weeks before Madeleine disappeared. He looked like the suspect who The Sun 'revealed' last week.

Cue the same accompanying sketch of scruffy, long-haired "Creepy Man" and it's off to print we go.

Is there anymore to say?

Well, actually, there is, because the story of "Creepy Man" needs to be told in its entirety. For those unfamiliar with the background, it's a story that may surprise and even shock you.

"Creepy Man"

News of the World, 20 January 2008
News of the World, 20 January 2008

Known more affectionately in some quarters as the "George Harrison lookalike" - but more profitably by the Wapping ghouls as 'Maddie's Kidnapper - Beast who took McCanns' little girl' - "Creepy Man" first shot to fame on 20 January 2008, when he was honoured with his very own press conference.

At a London hotel, the McCanns' spokesperson Clarence Mitchell took to the lectern to deliver his infamous 'more like the police than the police' appeal for information to the gathered members of the press.

"Who is he? Where is he? What, if any, is his connection to Madeleine's disappearance?" Mr Mitchell solemnly intoned.

"If he is innocent, we want him to come forward for his own sake so he can be ruled out. We believe this man could be linked to Madeleine's disappearance."

This at a time, remember, when the Portuguese investigation was still active and the McCanns were yet to be released from their arguido (suspects) status.

Clarence Mitchell: 'more like the police than the police'
Clarence Mitchell: 'more like the police than the police'

During the press conference, two artists impressions of the man seen by Mrs Gail Cooper, a grandmother from Nottinghamshire, were released. These were not produced by the police, as stated in The Sun, but were created in conjunction with Mrs Cooper by an artist hired by the McCanns themselves.

The accompanying PowerPoint presentation claimed Jane Tanner had viewed the sketches and was so taken with them that she believed there was 'an 80% likelihood' that this was the same man she saw 'carrying away the child, believed to be Madeleine'.

This was an extraordinary claim, given Ms Tanner took part in a covert police operation, shortly after Madeleine's disappearance, and positively identified the man she claimed to have seen as Robert Murat - the first arguido in the case.

"She identified him through his way of walking, and she was peremptory about it being Robert Murat," said Gonçalo Amaral, the former Portuguese Judiciary Police co-ordinator, speaking to the website www.mccannfiles.com in May 2011.

And there was something strangely familiar about the full length sketch of "Creepy Man". Something about his gait that was very reminiscent of "Bundle Man", the man sketched from the description of Ms Tanner herself. But, of course, that was hardly surprising given that both sketches had been produced by the same artist, Melissa Little.

In fact, for three days, the official Find Madeleine website ran the two sketches of "Creepy Man" with the annotation: 'Drawings of the man described by Jane Tanner'. Not so much a subliminal association, more surgically joined at the dislocated hips.

"Creepy Man" sketch attributed to Jane Tanner sighting

Furthermore, during their traditional round of 'Missing Maddie' anniversary interviews, in 2008, the McCanns produced a flyer which placed the face of "Creepy Man" beside the full body sketch of "Bundle Man". The same image appeared in the Portuguese press.

Although the difference between the two was explained during an interview with RTP, there remained no reason why the two sketches should appear side-by-side, and the McCanns assertion that there were similarities between the two could do nothing but muddy the waters further.

read more (scroll down): http://www.mccannfiles.com/id232.html
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
The "Creepy Man" that time forgot... but never The Sun, 18 November 2013/Nigel Moore Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The "Creepy Man" that time forgot... but never The Sun, 18 November 2013/Nigel Moore Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

The "Creepy Man" that time forgot... but never The Sun, 18 November 2013/Nigel Moore Empty Re: The "Creepy Man" that time forgot... but never The Sun, 18 November 2013/Nigel Moore

Post  LJC Tue 19 Nov - 15:34

"She identified him through his way of walking, and she was peremptory about it being Robert Murat," said Gonçalo Amaral, the former Portuguese Judiciary Police co-ordinator, speaking to the website.
They don't like it up 'em though. They called the Smith sighting unreliable and suppressed it. Because Mr Smith and his wife identified who they had seen through his way of walking.

So, is identifying someone by how they walk and not by facial features, reliable?

I suspect the answer is not reliable. However, I also think SY are suspicious about why the McCanns suppressed this sighting originally and have come to believe it is reliable.

LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :
The "Creepy Man" that time forgot... but never The Sun, 18 November 2013/Nigel Moore Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The "Creepy Man" that time forgot... but never The Sun, 18 November 2013/Nigel Moore Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

The "Creepy Man" that time forgot... but never The Sun, 18 November 2013/Nigel Moore Empty Re: The "Creepy Man" that time forgot... but never The Sun, 18 November 2013/Nigel Moore

Post  Panda Tue 19 Nov - 16:24

I know the name Nigel Moore.....who is he??? Scraping the barrel now methinks.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 19 Nov - 17:15

He's the owner of the excellent McCann Files site, Panda.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 19 Nov - 17:30

Not Born Yesterday wrote:He's the owner of the excellent McCann Files site, Panda.
Of course......silly me:haha: I'm coughing my lungs up, finished the course of Antibiotics and Steroids , they didn't work. That's why I am not with it....my excuse and I'm sticking to it.The "Creepy Man" that time forgot... but never The Sun, 18 November 2013/Nigel Moore 294124 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 19 Nov - 17:33

Blame Lioned and Malena - they've passed their man flu around the forum and it's affecting everyone!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 19 Nov - 17:38

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Blame Lioned and Malena - they've passed their man flu around the forum and it's affecting everyone!
I must say Iam surprised the medication didn't work, I have been indooors for over a week , except a trip to the Corner shop a couple of times.Normally a seven day course does the trick , but not this time. I'll phone the Surgery in the morning and see what they say.

No news on the Trial then???? I'm surprised there hasn't been some translation before now.......I hope it took place.!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  comperedna Tue 19 Nov - 18:11

Much sympathy Pand! Spouse and I both have chest colds that won't go away. Mine just sounds rattley but doesn't make me feel bad. His is horrible, and nothing seems to help. You seem to have had the big guns of treatment already, so you'd certainly better stay in the warm!
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 19 Nov - 20:27

hi comparedna thanks for your sympathy , I have certainly never experienced such a strong cough and never known the 7 day course of Amoxycillin and Podesterone not to make any difference, perhaps it's a new type of Flu. Anyway, I am not sure the Doctor would be willing to give me another 7 day course so soon, this one finished on Sunday. I'll phone the Surgery in the morning. Hope you and Hubby recover soon, take care.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 19 Nov - 20:51

Ah sorry to hear of all the cough's. I'm suffering too. Can't shift the damn thing! I'm exhausted!
Hope you're all feeling better soon xx
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 19 Nov - 21:02

wjk wrote:Ah sorry to hear of all the cough's. I'm suffering too. Can't shift the damn thing! I'm exhausted!
Aw wjk , it is becoming an epidemic since we all live some distance from each other!!! Not worth going to bed so I lie on the Settee in the Lounge and at least can watch T.V. all hours and play Hearts on the Computer in between coughs. The "Creepy Man" that time forgot... but never The Sun, 18 November 2013/Nigel Moore 294124 Take care, x
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Tue 19 Nov - 23:41

wjk wrote:Ah sorry to hear of all the cough's. I'm suffering too. Can't shift the damn thing! I'm exhausted!
You've been to one to many 'fund raising' GALA's!

That's why you are 'exhausted'

Just like 'our' Kate!

TRICKY things, are Gala's!
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down