Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

£148M

View previous topic View next topic Go down

£148M

Post  Guest on Wed 20 Nov - 20:00

looks like all that more time to spend as a family worked out well then... 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2510414/Couple-scooped-148million-lottery-jackpot-divorce-just-year-win.html

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: £148M

Post  Panda on Thu 21 Nov - 2:59

Marky wrote:looks like all that more time to spend as a family worked out well then... 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2510414/Couple-scooped-148million-lottery-jackpot-divorce-just-year-win.html
Money is the root of all evil as they say Marky......I wouldn't want to win all that money, notice how none of them put anything into the Community.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: £148M

Post  Guest on Thu 21 Nov - 9:35

Panda wrote:
Marky wrote:looks like all that more time to spend as a family worked out well then... 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2510414/Couple-scooped-148million-lottery-jackpot-divorce-just-year-win.html
Money is the root of all evil as they say Marky......I wouldn't want to win all that money, notice how none of them put anything into the Community.
very true but it's as much about who they are as anything else.  

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: £148M

Post  Panda on Thu 21 Nov - 14:00

Marky wrote:
Panda wrote:
Marky wrote:looks like all that more time to spend as a family worked out well then... 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2510414/Couple-scooped-148million-lottery-jackpot-divorce-just-year-win.html
Money is the root of all evil as they say Marky......I wouldn't want to win all that money, notice how none of them put anything into the Community.
very true but it's as much about who they are as anything else.  
Well marky, I suppose anyone who bets is hoping to win a fortune and come from a working class up to middle income I know someone very well who won over £1 million on the lottery a few years ago . He was a regular at our Local had many friends was a bit of a wheeler dealer but very likeable. One time leading up to Christmas he said "don't buy any drink I'll sort you out" a few nights later he delivered an assortment of Spirits, Wine and Liquers , every drink you could imagine, all free.!!! Anyway, he bought a house in the Countryside and stopped coming to the Pub.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: £148M

Post  Lioned on Thu 21 Nov - 16:03

If i won all that money i would get 6 gardeners,that should keep Mrs L busy while i concentrate on cleaning the house and doing the ironing.  

Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Age : 107
Location : Down South
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: £148M

Post  Panda on Thu 21 Nov - 16:16

Lioned wrote:If i won all that money i would get 6 gardeners,that should keep Mrs L busy while i concentrate on cleaning the house and doing the ironing.   
Why would YOU have to do that Lioned, you could employ a maid for every household chore. 

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: £148M

Post  Lioned on Thu 21 Nov - 16:36

Panda wrote:
Lioned wrote:If i won all that money i would get 6 gardeners,that should keep Mrs L busy while i concentrate on cleaning the house and doing the ironing.   
Why would YOU have to do that Lioned, you could employ a maid for every household chore. 
Thats correct i only intend to supervise.  

Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Age : 107
Location : Down South
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: £148M

Post  Panda on Fri 22 Nov - 8:15

Lioned wrote:
Panda wrote:
Lioned wrote:If i won all that money i would get 6 gardeners,that should keep Mrs L busy while i concentrate on cleaning the house and doing the ironing.   
Why would YOU have to do that Lioned, you could employ a maid for every household chore. 
Thats correct i only intend to supervise.  
No wonder so many people who win a fortune end up miserable, married couples splitting , remember that woman who said she would "spend,spend spend", I can't remember her name , she ended up broke.

The Beckhams are worth at least £135 million yet Victoria donates her cast off SHOES to the Red Cross charity shop , hundreds of pairs. Apparently they are size 4 and one of the Red Cross helpers said they would have a job selling them !!!!

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: £148M

Post  Guest on Fri 22 Nov - 10:58

viv nicholson. reading the follow on to this story methinks this money went to someones head.  

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: £148M

Post  Panda on Fri 22 Nov - 16:50

Marky wrote:viv nicholson. reading the follow on to this story methinks this money went to someones head.  
That's it marky, viv nicholson . I think it would be very rare to find people who can cope with winning a fortune. Having said that , I seldom buy Lottery Tickets , but it's Euro Millions tonight so I bought one £2ticket and if the one in a million gives me the winning ticket I'll let you all know. 

BTW, I was chatting in the shop about the ticket going up to £2 and wondering why they just couldn't have a lower winnings to keep the price down. The Assistant said sales have plummeted and she couldn't understand either .

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: £148M

Post  Lioned on Fri 22 Nov - 16:57

If i had £148Mill i would spend it all.  

It would not be difficult to do that imo.

Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Age : 107
Location : Down South
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: £148M

Post  Panda on Fri 22 Nov - 17:12

Lioned wrote:If i had £148Mill i would spend it all.   

It would not be difficult to do that imo.
Everyone says the same thing the couple who have just split bought beautiful Homes , did the usual travel , and the wife has a fling with the Gardener so they have split. If you are brought up , even middle class £148 mill is earning in bank interest as much as you would spend Lioned. The Guy who won the £1 million some years ago told me he had to have a tax adviser, couldn;t give much to his children because they would be taxed. Nah....I wouldn't want to win that much . I would like enough to see my 2 Sons set up, have a giant Party for Family and Friends, buy a villa somewhere abroad , probably Spain and spend the Winter there and have friends come to stay.

Seriously now, what would you do?

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: £148M

Post  Lioned on Fri 22 Nov - 18:03

I would buy Millwall football club and within a year all the money will be gone ! simples.  

Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Age : 107
Location : Down South
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: £148M

Post  Panda on Fri 22 Nov - 18:10

Lioned wrote:I would buy Millwall football club and within a year all the money will be gone ! simples.   
 
The guy who bought Cardiff Football club has ruined it, after one year they are one match away from being relegated. Fans are furious, he was very hands on. altering the kit, sacking the Manager etc, Foreign ownrs of British Football clubs was a bad move.

I don't know what Millwall are like now but they had a bad reputation for behaviour at one time. A long time ago when they and Cardiff were in the same division, Millwall came to Cardiff and the after match rloting brought out Police on Horseback.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: £148M

Post  Lioned on Fri 22 Nov - 18:29

If buying a football club doesn't work then i would also employ a substantial 'concubine' to fritter away what was left of the money.

I would also stand for Parliament as an Independent candidate on the "I promise not to fiddle my expenses as i don't need to because i already have loads of money" ticket.

I would employ Boris as my deputy so that i could get him to have his hair cut properly and insist on a decent dress code.  



Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Age : 107
Location : Down South
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: £148M

Post  Panda on Fri 22 Nov - 18:58

Lioned wrote:If buying a football club doesn't work then i would also employ a substantial 'concubine' to fritter away what was left of the money.

I would also stand for Parliament as an Independent candidate on the "I promise not to fiddle my expenses as i don't need to because i already have loads of money" ticket.

I would employ Boris as my deputy so that i could get him to have his hair cut properly and insist on a decent dress code.   


 
You leave my Boris out of this, his hair is part of his appeal, i keep telling you he has a razor sharp mind, a great command of the English Language and History and he has unrivalled affection from the population, you could do no better lioned than to have him as your Deputy. Thing it though I might just lose my bet. Apparently Boris may not want to take part in the 2014 Election because he thinks the Conservatives might not win . He could see out his term of Office as Mayor and there are plenty of Conservative MP's willing to stand down so he can stand for election.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: £148M

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:07


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum