Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eurovision Song Contest.

2 posters

Go down

Eurovision Song Contest. Empty Eurovision Song Contest.

Post  Lioned Sat 23 Nov - 20:51

Serbia and Bulgaria join an increasing list of Countries who have pulled out due to financial reasons.

http://news.sky.com/story/1172473/eurovision-2014-bulgaria-and-serbia-pull-out

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :
Eurovision Song Contest. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Eurovision Song Contest. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Eurovision Song Contest. Empty Re: Eurovision Song Contest.

Post  Guest Sat 23 Nov - 23:51

Oh dear. However will we cope?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sun 24 Nov - 0:04

I am at a loss for words as it is the highlight of my year.Cant wait for next May. Eurovision Song Contest. 25346 I would imagine this is why so many of the acts are rubbish as they dont want to win.
There are people who have Eurovision partys.

Think they need to change the format a bit and just hold it in a pub somewhere. Quite like Graham Norton though.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :
Eurovision Song Contest. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Eurovision Song Contest. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 24 Nov - 8:31

I think they ought to scrap it , nil pointes for only being able to understand your own Countrys' entry , great expense and the EU ought to come up with a better way of uniting the EU.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 24 Nov - 9:57

This was must see viewing when I was a child - remember Katie Boyle?

I was about to say she'd turn in her grave to see the programme now but I've checked with Wikipedia and she's still with us!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 24 Nov - 10:13

Not Born Yesterday wrote:This was must see viewing when I was a child - remember Katie Boyle?

I was about to say she'd turn in her grave to see the programme now but I've checked with Wikipedia and she's still with us!
Morning NBY, yes , I remember Katie Boyle, I couldn't watch it today Eurovision Song Contest. 294124 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 24 Nov - 15:33

Katie Boyle was a real lady and she gave the whole thing some dignity and class. IIRC she spoke about six languages and told us all the votes. She also introduced each act seriously, and with respect. For me, that's when it all started to go wrong - Terry Wogan taking the hiss out of all the performers, and making mean jokes at their expense to make himself the star. And then they got Graeme Norton - who's worse.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 24 Nov - 15:58

Apparently Terry Wogan left because he was so fed up with all the biased voting - the same countries voting for each other year after year.

I'd stopped watching before Graham Norton took over; he's someone I don't find in the least entertaining so I know I'm not missing much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xzwimcXdJ4

This is a brief clip of every winner from 1956 to 2012. I can't stand to watch the whole programme nowadays but I do enjoy compilations like this one. Watch out for a young and almost unrecognisable Celine Dion!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down