Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone remember the fridge freezer?

+10
tanszi
Krisy22
chrissie1
mossman
MaryB
wjk
Panda
kitti
AnnaEsse
cass
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Does anyone remember the fridge freezer? Empty Does anyone remember the fridge freezer?

Post  fuzeta Sun 24 Nov - 11:04

This seems to have been forgotten over the years but sticks in my mind. Is it still counted as a fact?

Gerry McCann said the fridge freezer in apartment 5A had broken down. He offered to take it to the tip in the Renault scenic. Now to me this seems a very strange thing to do. They were paying rent for the apartment and surely the Ocean Club had their maintenance men with vans that could do this.

If you were paying for a holiday apartment in a complex would you offer to take a broken fridge freezer to the tip in your hire car? I don't think so.

I remember Amaral saying that the body fluids in the car had been frozen!!

Does anyone remember this incident?
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :
Does anyone remember the fridge freezer? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Does anyone remember the fridge freezer? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Does anyone remember the fridge freezer? Empty Re: Does anyone remember the fridge freezer?

Post  cass Sun 24 Nov - 11:08

fuzeta wrote:This seems to have been forgotten over the years but sticks in my mind. Is it still counted as a fact?

Gerry McCann said the fridge freezer in apartment 5A had broken down.  He offered to take it to the tip in the Renault scenic.    Now to me this seems a very strange thing to do. They were paying rent for the apartment and surely the Ocean Club had their maintenance men with vans that could do this.

If you were paying for a holiday apartment in a complex would you offer to take a broken fridge freezer to the tip in your hire car?  I don't think so.  

I remember Amaral saying that the body fluids in the car had been frozen!!

Does anyone remember this incident?
i do from the early days -trouble is after 6 years so much stuff whooooshed - tbh imo the appartment was somewhere i wouldnt stay unless cheap get away - as for removing a freezer no chance - makes me wonder what kind of a place mw village was anyway
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :
Does anyone remember the fridge freezer? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Does anyone remember the fridge freezer? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Does anyone remember the fridge freezer? Empty Re: Does anyone remember the fridge freezer?

Post  fuzeta Sun 24 Nov - 11:50

Cass It is not a place I would fancy either but it is their responsibility to look after the apartments even if some are privately owned. It would be included in what ever charges they made. They would the bill send the bill to the owner if anything needed replacing.

For GM to offer to take a freezer up the tip is ridiculous. Something not right there!
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Sun 24 Nov - 12:08

It was not 5a, but the rented villa they later moved to, I think.

It became a topic for discussion because it is said to have been stated by Gerry in his blog. Many people say they read it, but it disappeared from the blog and I have yet to come across someone who has a screen shot, unfortunately.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Sun 24 Nov - 12:34

Hello Mossman I feel it was definitely 5A. Not the new place
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Sun 24 Nov - 13:09

fuzeta wrote:Hello Mossman I feel it was definitely 5A.  Not the new place

Hi fuzeta, I won't disagree with you, I was speaking from memory. The reason I assumed the villa was because they had the car and it was in his blog, both of which happened after the move from 5a. How utterly crazy if it was 5a, ludricious even ! Does anyone remember the fridge freezer? 25346 

I will have a look to see what is said elsewhere.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 24 Nov - 13:35

It couldn't off been the new place otherwise their would be cadaver scent all over the place .
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Sun 24 Nov - 13:47

Very true kitti. I don't knw why I thought it was the villa, was the blog alive during 5a ? Odd to mention doing something like tat in retrospect.

Sorry Fuzeta Does anyone remember the fridge freezer? 284844 
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Sun 24 Nov - 13:59

I remember this quite well. It wasn't from 5a. I am almost sure of that.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 24 Nov - 14:01

MaryB wrote:I remember this quite well.  It wasn't from 5a.  I am almost sure of that.  
Me too. I'm am 100% sure it wasn't from 5A.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 24 Nov - 14:03

I think it was prob a myth to coincide with the body being frozen.

How could it off been in the villa though, there would off been cadaver sent either in the garage or the kitchen and also outside the villa when it was being removed.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 24 Nov - 14:05

You don't dump fridges in this country so I wonder if it's the same in Portugal......you either wait for them to be picked up by the council or you take to be recycled.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 24 Nov - 14:13

I remember seeing a fridge on the Balcony of someone's Flat that was supposed to be relevant , could it be the Russian who Murat was friendly with?

I thought it was the washing machine in 5a that broke down, that's why Kate used tha main OC W/M used for all the Laundry.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sun 24 Nov - 14:17

It wasn't 5A as far as I remember. It was the villa.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Sun 24 Nov - 14:20

I think I remember reading Gerry McCann took it to the tip.  In which case there should be a receipt or some purchase proof of a new freezer or fridge. And also a maintentance man was sent to look at the washing machine but that was the apartment.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Sun 24 Nov - 14:52

I have a very good memory ( my husband will testify to this Does anyone remember the fridge freezer? 613255 ) and I still believe that it was 5A. I do remember thinking at the time, why offer to remove a fridge freezer from a rented apartment.
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Sun 24 Nov - 15:00

You see, they left 5a that night and only returned to get their belongings. No further living there. They moved on to another apartment in the Ocean Club for a while, then the villa.

There is no way anyone would move a fridge during a weeks holidays and they have never mentioned it.

If it was moved, and in the hire car, that was hired 25 days after the disappearance.

According to press reports they moved to the villa 60 days after the disappearance.

So end of May they hired the car, whilst staying in the Ocean Club, but not apartment 5a. They moved again roughly the first week of July to the villa.

So the fridge could have been located in their new Ocean Club apartment, or an unused apartment within the complex, to which they had access.

The necessity to mention it in the blogs would have been to take account of somebody perhaps seeing him wandering around with a fridge.

The other possibility of course is that McCann had no dealings with a fridge at all. However if his blog was a way of communicating with another party, it could have been a message about a body having been moved.

That then brings in an accomplice, and it all starts agin. My head hurts.

mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Sun 24 Nov - 15:02

Actually, would a fridge fit in the boot of a Scenic ? Any Scenic owners want to do an experiment on a Sunday afternoon Does anyone remember the fridge freezer? 294124 
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Sun 24 Nov - 15:09

I see your point about them having moved apartments Mossman but I remember it being at the ocean club and not the villa.  As far as not moving a fridge-freezer on a weeks holiday you are right.  It was when they hired the car obviously as you have said.

Mind you they did  clean 5a thoroughly with bleach and it has been said 'wash the curtains'  one does not do that on a weeks holiday either!

As I think there was some transporting about done after the event.  I do believe that the fridge-freezer incident has some bearing

As far as the car in concerned if the seats go down it is very possible. We transported my Mom's fridge freezer in our old Honda Accord with the seats down!
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Sun 24 Nov - 15:18

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t10635-hadn-t-seen-this-before-gerrys-strange-behaviour

Just found this from 2010. Thank you Margaret Does anyone remember the fridge freezer? Icon_flower Does anyone remember the fridge freezer? Icon_flower you are wonderful
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 24 Nov - 16:03

I have been rummaging round the internet for the past six years looking for evidence of that bloody fridge. And I know it's true because I saw it with my own eyes, only not on Gerry's blog. The only papers I really read in those days were the Express and the Times, and I am almost 100% certain it was the Times Online rather than the Express. AND there was a photograph of the drive running up the hill to the villa.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Sun 24 Nov - 16:10

Hello Iris on that link that Margaret put on in 2010 it says the ocean club apartments.  further down the thread most think it was the apartment  but a couple mention the villa.   I have it in my memory that when I first read it years ago it was whilst they were still at the apartments
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie1 Sun 24 Nov - 19:44

I seem to remember Gerry went back to 5a to remove a bucket and spade and a suitcase, i thought that was odd at the time
chrissie1
chrissie1
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 203
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Sun 24 Nov - 20:40

If the apartment was rented out through the Ocean Club and not directly from the owners... thought they would be the ones to deal with any broken appliances.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sun 24 Nov - 21:03

I remember and I remember a lot of the comments at the time, I also recall it started with G blog.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next