Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Footie Thread...................

+5
chrissie
Claudia79
kitti
AnnaEsse
malena stool
9 posters

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Footie Thread................... - Page 14 Empty Re: Footie Thread...................

Post  wjk Mon 11 Aug - 13:12

I believe you, I really do!  Footie Thread................... - Page 14 192282   Footie Thread................... - Page 14 294124 
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :
Footie Thread................... - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Footie Thread................... - Page 14 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Footie Thread................... - Page 14 Empty Re: Footie Thread...................

Post  Lioned Mon 11 Aug - 14:10

chrissie wrote:Game if the day??  Surely that was Arsenal winning the Community Shield!  Footie Thread................... - Page 14 192282  Footie Thread................... - Page 14 873702   Footie Thread................... - Page 14 849426 Footie Thread................... - Page 14 929468 

I going to Fulham v Millwall on Saturday  Footie Thread................... - Page 14 25346

You lucky girl.I cant go some of my mates catching a boat up the Thames.Dont go in any pubs nearby if i was you.
I expect a favourable report come Saturday night.Millwall looked good but hard to say as Leeds are hopeless so should be interesting and very noisy as Millwall section sold out.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :
Footie Thread................... - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Footie Thread................... - Page 14 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Mon 11 Aug - 14:22

I hate to break this to you but............I'll be supporting Fulham!  Footie Thread................... - Page 14 294124 

One of my friends has a spare season ticket and I'm looking forward to going. Arsenal are my first team, then Fulham, then Wealdstone
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Mon 11 Aug - 15:33

chrissie wrote:I hate to break this to you but............I'll be supporting Fulham!  Footie Thread................... - Page 14 294124 

One of my friends has a spare season ticket and I'm looking forward to going.  Arsenal are my first team, then Fulham, then Wealdstone

You should be ashamed !  Footie Thread................... - Page 14 25346 

The very first football game i went to see was Fulham v Arsenal ! Me and my mate bought a 'red bus rover' for about 1 shilling and caught several busses from Bromley to Fulham.
Think Arsenal won 2-0 and it was boat race day as well so we stood on the terrace by the Thames to watch.

Its all changed now.Strange arrangement for away fans at Fulham as i think there is some kind of 'Neutral' zone at that end but will probably be full of Millwall fans on Saturday.
Hope they all behave as i know they have been looking forward to it.
I heard the police were thinking of changing kick off time,not sure if Chelsea or West Ham are at home which would make that sensible.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Mon 11 Aug - 15:48

Ah the good old Red Bus Rovers! Used to love them as a kid. Yes, Craven Cottage is nicely placed by the river.

Somebody mentioned to me today about the 'neutral' zone but I don't really know.

Yikes West Ham are at home to Tottenham! It's going to be lively around those parts on Saturday  Footie Thread................... - Page 14 424625 

The kick off may well be changed....and I shall keep schtum about being a gooner  Footie Thread................... - Page 14 15327 

chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Mon 11 Aug - 15:59

And tomorrow night i am going to Bromley v Whithawk in the Conference South.

Really hoping Bromley get promotion this year they threw away a 17 point lead last season with just a few weeks to go !

Either that or Millwall v Wycombe in the Capital couldnt really care cup !

Its a ten minute drive or an hour and a half to London so i think it will be Bromley.

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Mon 11 Aug - 16:10

Wealdstone got promoted to the conference south. I really enjoy going to watch them even though it's a trek across London. Whilst I love going to the Emirates, going to see Wealdstone it's what I call 'proper' football  Footie Thread................... - Page 14 25346 
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Mon 11 Aug - 16:28

Yes i like proper football,and standing up being able to walk around and getting a drink from the bar whilst watching.
Prem league football is far too sanitised for my liking.

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Tue 12 Aug - 22:24

Bromley 4-1 Whitehawk

Great performance from Bromley and man of the match Ali Fusini smacked a fantastic goal from 30 yards.

Lots of fun listening to the 'band' of 6 visiting fans from Whitehawk (somewhere near Brighton).

Bromley now joint top of the league.

Also Millwall 1-0 Wycombe in the not terribly important cup.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Tue 12 Aug - 23:50

The best in the world scored two more.  Footie Thread................... - Page 14 25346 
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 14 Aug - 13:56

Claudia79 wrote:The best in the world scored two more.  Footie Thread................... - Page 14 25346 

Good pass from Gareth Bale who's looks seem to be improving in such good company !
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Thu 14 Aug - 15:55

Lioned wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:The best in the world scored two more.  Footie Thread................... - Page 14 25346 

Good pass from Gareth Bale who's looks seem to be improving in such good company !

Indeed! As for the looks, if CR7 isn't my type, Bale is even further from it. But I can see there's been improvement in that area.  Footie Thread................... - Page 14 294124 
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 14 Aug - 16:16

Claudia79 wrote:
Lioned wrote:

Indeed! As for the looks, if CR7 isn't my type, Bale is even further from it. But I can see there's been improvement in that area.  Footie Thread................... - Page 14 294124 

Maybe a nice tan helps ?
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Thu 14 Aug - 16:25

Lioned wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Lioned wrote:

Maybe a nice tan helps ?

I think it might, yes.  Footie Thread................... - Page 14 294124 
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 14 Aug - 18:17

Meanwhile the often maligned Millwall fans continue to show their generous nature towards worthwhile Charities.

£70k raised towards Prostate Cancer Charities and £4k raised in a couple of hours before last Saturdays game against Leeds.

http://www.millwallfc.co.uk/club/charity-partners/

Considering the rather modest crowds they get nowadays thats quite good.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sat 16 Aug - 23:05

Todays big results..

Fulham 0-1 Millwall. A jolly spiffing result and the Lions have two wins no goals conceded and not a single booking.Makes a change from last season.

Also Bromley 0-3 Basingstoke. Strange game football.

Hope chrissie got home from the game ok ?
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Tue 19 Aug - 10:37

Hi lioned, I forgot to report back! Yes, went to eat after the match and then to see The Inbetweeners2 so I didn't get home until midnight.

A well deserved win for Millwall. Fulham were rubbish but then they are an almost completely new team. It wasn't like watching Fulham at all. Also they kept passing sideways instead of pushing forward but I guess it will take them a while to gel as a team.

One minor gripe about the Millwall fans. When the ball went into the crowd, they kept passing it back up the stands rather than back to the pitch. It looked quite childish actually. I didn't sample any of the local hostelries as for the first time ever, there were bouncers on the doors  Footie Thread................... - Page 14 294124 

All in all, a good day out despite the score
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Tue 19 Aug - 14:52

chrissie wrote:Hi lioned, I forgot to report back!  Yes, went to eat after the match and then to see The Inbetweeners2 so I didn't get home until midnight.

A well deserved win for Millwall.  Fulham were rubbish but then they are an almost completely new team.  It wasn't like watching Fulham at all.  Also they kept passing sideways instead of pushing forward but I guess it will take them a while to gel as a team.

One minor gripe about the Millwall fans.  When the ball went into the crowd, they kept passing it back up the stands rather than back to the pitch.  It looked quite childish actually.  I didn't sample any of the local hostelries as for the first time ever, there were bouncers on the doors  Footie Thread................... - Page 14 294124 

All in all, a good day out despite the score

I understand the Millwall fans were very well behaved,though probably quite rowdy as usual..

I have watched a recording of the game and Fulham look a very young side and quite naive in defence.Their team and their fans are going to get a very rude awakening in this division.They will need to toughen up or they could be in trouble.

Another tough game tonight away to Sheffield Wednesday.Our good start could come crashing down tonight.

Watched the Arsenal game on the telly Saturday and they got a bit lucky with that late goal.

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Fri 22 Aug - 10:40

Fulham are not doing well, they need a change of manager.

Looking forward to a nice long weekend. Going to see proper football tomorrow, Wealdstone v Farnborough and it looks like the rain is going to hold off. Then out for dinner and back to the club house for an 80's night  Footie Thread................... - Page 14 25346 
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Fri 22 Aug - 17:13

Going to give Millwall a rest tomorrow as i have work to do so may go see Bromley v Maidenhead on Monday.

Tomorrow up the club later and then out for a curry to celebrate Millwall top of the league.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Thu 4 Sep - 2:32

Lioned wrote:Yes i like proper football,and standing up being able to walk around and getting a drink from the bar whilst watching.
Prem league football is far too sanitised for my liking.

er....... Footie Thread................... - Page 14 303636 If you like proper football what you doing supporting Millwall! Footie Thread................... - Page 14 424625
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Mon 29 Dec - 14:14

Great win for Arsenal over West Ham Footie Thread................... - Page 14 25346
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Mon 29 Dec - 14:15

cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sat 21 Feb - 22:11

Arsenal into third place Footie Thread................... - Page 14 307691 Footie Thread................... - Page 14 307691
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 22 Feb - 0:56

cherry1 wrote:
VERY GOOD SINGING.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next