Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For everyone that has lost someone.....

+10
dazedandconfused
saloongirl
jay2001
wjk
kitti
Claudia79
ProfessorPlum
tanszi
Lioned
margaret
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

For everyone that has lost someone..... - Page 2 Empty Re: For everyone that has lost someone.....

Post  kitti Sun 15 Dec - 20:33

I have to say to everyone on here that you are only ones that understand how I feel and I'm very grateful to you all.

Thank you xxxx
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
For everyone that has lost someone..... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100For everyone that has lost someone..... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

For everyone that has lost someone..... - Page 2 Empty Re: For everyone that has lost someone.....

Post  jay2001 Sun 15 Dec - 20:41

This thread made me cry and I hope the words offer some comfort to all those on here who have lost loved ones so recently.  The pain is almost physical when it is so raw.  My lovely Dad died suddenly 43 years ago this New Year's Eve and Auld Lang Syne always gets to me.  You never get over shocks and heartbreak you just learn to live with it.

When we reminisce, especially at Christmas we think of loved ones no longer sharing the fun and excitement like we used to.  When I was little my grandparents, aunts and uncles and cousins all got together and my Dad looked after us when the others went to the pub on Christmas Eve.  Such wonderful happy times, much laughter and games long before Xboxes and playstations!  In those days I thought we lived forever, sadly not true.  But we all have wonderful memories and I thank God for my loved ones - my family and friends, but those we cannot see now are still with us, in our hearts.
jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 403
Warning :
For everyone that has lost someone..... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100For everyone that has lost someone..... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 15 Dec - 20:59

I miss my Mum.
She died on Jan 9th but her birthday was on Christmas Eve. We always bought her 2 separate presents as the family were poor when she was growing up and she only ever got one "big" present "for both".
I wish I could see her again as I never told her enough how much I loved her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Sun 15 Dec - 21:34

Iris wrote:I miss my Mum.
She died on Jan 9th but her birthday was on Christmas Eve.  We always bought her 2 separate presents as the family were poor when she was growing up and she only ever got one "big" present "for both".
I wish I could see her again as I never told her enough how much I loved her.

I think most of us would like another chance to tell them how much we loved them Iris. We just hope that they knew. I make sure now that I tell my family often that I love them.
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Sun 15 Dec - 21:48

jay2001 wrote:This thread made me cry and I hope the words offer some comfort to all those on here who have lost loved ones so recently.  The pain is almost physical when it is so raw.  My lovely Dad died suddenly 43 years ago this New Year's Eve and Auld Lang Syne always gets to me.  You never get over shocks and heartbreak you just learn to live with it.

When we reminisce, especially at Christmas we think of loved ones no longer sharing the fun and excitement like we used to.  When I was little my grandparents, aunts and uncles and cousins all got together and my Dad looked after us when the others went to the pub on Christmas Eve.  Such wonderful happy times, much laughter and games long before Xboxes and playstations!  In those days I thought we lived forever, sadly not true.  But we all have wonderful memories and I thank God for my loved ones - my family and friends, but those we cannot see now are still with us, in our hearts.

We used to have Christmas just like that Jay. We all went to my Grandparents , it was very full as they had seven daughters with husbands and children. Christmas Eve one would stay in and look after we kids and the rest would go to the pub. We used to shout up the chimney telling Santa what we wanted for Christmas.

Christmas day was just like you say playing games, singing, all having fun . Such good times. All seven daughters and their husbands gone now but we cousins have lovely memories. They will all be in our hearts this Christmas.
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Sun 15 Dec - 22:15

This is a lovely thread. Thank you Kitti. xxx

Reading other peoples thoughts makes you realise that you are not the only one hurting and missing loved ones ...especially at this time of year.

It supposed to get better with time ...but to be honest I feel it more now.  For everyone that has lost someone..... - Page 2 83453 
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sun 15 Dec - 23:49

Our dead (humans and animals) are part of us. They go with us everywhere we go. They made us what we are today. Hopefully one day we'll all meet again so we can feel whole once more.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Mon 16 Dec - 2:04

In Our Hearts

© Rose de Leon

We thought of you with love today,
But that is nothing new.
We thought about you yesterday.
And days before that too.
We think of you in silence.
We often speak your name.
Now all we have is memories.
And your picture in a frame.
Your memory is our keepsake.
With which we’ll never part.
God has you in his keeping.
We have you in our heart.

cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 16 Dec - 2:48

Lovely poem....

Till we all meet again.....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Mon 16 Dec - 9:29

Cherry ..that's beautiful.  For everyone that has lost someone..... - Page 2 83453 For everyone that has lost someone..... - Page 2 83453 
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Mon 16 Dec - 11:34

thinking of everyone who has loved and lost someone  For everyone that has lost someone..... - Page 2 83453 
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  jay2001 Mon 16 Dec - 19:56

Cherry - what a lovely poem, such lovely words.

Fuzeta - such wonderful memories of bygone days. Till I was 10 my Mom and Dad and me lived with my grandparents and my Dad's 2 younger sisters. You said about shouting up the chimney - we threw our Christmas lists up to Santa the week before Christmas if there was a blue flame in the fire! Dad's sisters are now in their 70's and we get together as often as we can and laugh at the things we used to do. Dancing to Tommy Steele, Elvis, Everly Brothers and Cliff, such good times.

Nothing will ever be the same as those wonderful times. Now we'll Skype the rellies down under and the kids there are amazed that Great Nanny (my Mom) lived in a house with a coal fire, tin bath and no central heating!

Memories are with us forever and bring tears and laughter. It's better to have loved and lost than never loved at all so the saying goes.

jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 403
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  saloongirl Tue 17 Dec - 18:13

saloongirl
saloongirl
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 757
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Tue 17 Dec - 19:13

That is so beautiful SG, lovely words and so very true how we think about our loved ones xxx
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Tue 17 Dec - 21:53

Beautiful words saloongirl.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

For everyone that has lost someone..... - Page 2 Empty loved ones not lost but with us in heart

Post  joyce1938 Wed 18 Dec - 10:12

May I add to this lovely thread today. I feel no one has ever gone ,as they maybe waiting to return as another outer appearance ,but the love that they always had none will be lost I feel ,but are on journeys. I hope I do not offend anyone with my feelings about this subject ,we all mourn for a time and go forward again .love to all people grieving at this time .joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 345
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Wed 18 Dec - 10:20

joyce1938 wrote:May I add to this lovely thread today.  I feel no one has ever gone ,as they maybe waiting to return  as another outer appearance ,but the love that they always had  none will be lost I feel ,but are on journeys. I hope I do not offend anyone with my feelings about this subject ,we all mourn for a time  and go forward again .love to all people grieving at this time .joyce1938

Oh that is lovely Joyce  For everyone that has lost someone..... - Page 2 Icon_flower For everyone that has lost someone..... - Page 2 Icon_flower For everyone that has lost someone..... - Page 2 Icon_flower 
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Thu 19 Dec - 21:24

fuzeta wrote:
joyce1938 wrote:May I add to this lovely thread today.  I feel no one has ever gone ,as they maybe waiting to return  as another outer appearance ,but the love that they always had  none will be lost I feel ,but are on journeys. I hope I do not offend anyone with my feelings about this subject ,we all mourn for a time  and go forward again .love to all people grieving at this time .joyce1938

Oh that is lovely Joyce  For everyone that has lost someone..... - Page 2 Icon_flower For everyone that has lost someone..... - Page 2 Icon_flower For everyone that has lost someone..... - Page 2 Icon_flower 

For everyone that has lost someone..... - Page 2 83453  For everyone that has lost someone..... - Page 2 83453 
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Tue 24 Dec - 20:07

for all those who have recently lost a loved one, lost a loved one at Christmas, or just missing their loved one at Christmas time xxx

For everyone that has lost someone..... - Page 2 Hug-7915-2
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2