Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Statements that contradict.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Statements that contradict.

Post  kitti on Thu 12 Dec - 7:40

Reply “’I’m aware that initially we would only check on our own rooms, on occasions we may have listened at other apartments and doors and windows’, I think actually, generally speaking, what we would do is, we would often listen at other, often listened at the windows of the other apartments and routinely go into our own, erm. But it wasn’t a question of initially we’d only check our own rooms, I think actually earlier on, and certainly from my point of view, I actually went into Kate and Gerry’s room, erm, on the Sunday and Matt’s room on the Sunday, we, at the start we were going to each and every room, but I think then, because there was a bit of, it was actually more that we would listen at the windows and go into our own room, because there was, you know, everyone was going up and down in a cycle, in the circuit, so”.......O'BRIAN



MATT was in his apt due to illness on the Sunday.



Now they can't blame the 'lost in translation' as it was his rogatory ....

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Statements that contradict.

Post  kitti on Thu 12 Dec - 7:50

O'Brian.... The next. Sorry, you haven’t finished yet. The next, the next statement is wrong. Erm, it says ‘The Nannies had brought the children up for readiness for tea, I can’t say if I saw Madeleine when E came back’, that’s wrong. What happened was, erm, ordinarily we would have met all the children from the Kids Club, the Mini Club at high tea, they would have been brought up and sat down by the Nannies and we’d have just joined the group, we’d have been there when they got there. On this occasion we were on the beach and as it got towards five o’clock I, I pelted up the hill to collect El before they were taken up to the main complex. Does that make sense? And so, erm, the reason that I think this is in here is, you were asking me I think if I’d saw Madeleine there, now because I got there before the children had left, by rights Madeleine should have been there as well, unless Kate and Gerry had taken her out earlier for some reason. Erm, with eleven months passage, I can’t, if I’m honest with you, I can’t picture whether Madeleine was there. But, generally speaking, by this point in the afternoon people were not, we weren’t collecting, we weren’t doing any collecting in that afternoon, so I think Madeleine will have been there. Erm, but if I’m honest, I can’t, you know, hand on heart, say, when I picked El up and took her down to the beach before the Nannies took her up to, erm, for high tea, that I saw Madeleine there. But I got in early enough to get El out before the end of, well, you know, arrived just before they actually left to go up, so by rights she should have been there”.



That's what you call a 'cop out'

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Statements that contradict.

Post  kitti on Thu 12 Dec - 7:59

O'Brian.... “’I don’t recall at what time, at what point, it was around twenty-one zero five to twenty-one twenty’?”
Reply “I think that’s, that’s almost the time that he would have been away for, not that he left as late as, erm, twenty-one twenty, yeah. So he, he went, he was away, but, I mean, I, to be honest, you know, as I’ve said here, it’s the timeline that kind of says when Gerry went up. Yeah, ‘Jane also went to check the children and was gone for a short time’, I think it was, to be more specific there ‘It was just a matter of a couple of minutes’. Yeah, ‘She didn’t mention anything unusual’. ‘After we’d eaten the starters I needed to go to the toilet and Matt and I said we would go and check on the children’, yeah. ‘We altogether recall that the light was fading’, yeah, I think, erm, and we discussed this the other day, erm, and I did mention this to STUART PRIOR as well, I mean, it says ‘was fading’ there, I think it was probably dark then, but I can’t actually picture the light, you were asking me about the street lights particularly”.
1578 “Yes”.
Reply “But when, when I was in the flat after, you know, just a little bit on from here, I can picture Matt when he came back from the flat and certainly he was standing in the doorway saying, you know, ‘Do you need any help or are you alright with E*on your own’, it was pretty, it was, it was pretty dark outside, admittedly standing inside with the light on at this point, but it was pretty dark, it was, erm, it was fairly dark”.


Why is 'call me Stu' telling him to say the light was 'fading' instead off using the word 'dark'....and...


01.25.52 1578 “So are you happy with ‘The light was fading’?”



Why are Leicester police 'manipulating' their interviews...





kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Statements that contradict.

Post  SteveT on Thu 12 Dec - 9:32

Thanks for those posts Kitti. I would love to know if Mr.Prior was being briefed by someone up high or a member of a certain club.

SteveT
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 596
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Statements that contradict.

Post  kitti on Thu 12 Dec - 11:16

But the officer is asking if.....'that's sounds better' or..'shall we put that down then, do you agree'.


A child is missing and all they are thinking about is what sounds better as to not make them look negligent and also all O'Brian was worried about was 'how things look in the press's and how things were portrayed'.

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Statements that contradict.

Post  Keela on Thu 12 Dec - 13:53

Those statements, in fact all the statements the Tapas lot made are just a load of gibberish ramblings. Not one of them can put a coherent sentence together. God only knows how they conducted their day to day lives. How did they communicate with other people. Heaven help anyone who had to consult them in a professional capacity.

Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2302
Age : 63
Location : Darkened room, hoping for the best.
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Statements that contradict.

Post  kitti on Thu 12 Dec - 14:29

It's quite embarrassing reading these statements and after all...ONE off them could off been the culprit and their fawning all over the lot off them...

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Statements that contradict.

Post  widowan on Thu 12 Dec - 16:30

kitti wrote:But the officer is asking if.....'that's sounds better' or..'shall we put that down then, do you agree'.


A child is missing and all they are thinking about is what sounds better as to not  make them look negligent and also all O'Brian was worried about was 'how things look in the press's and how things were portrayed'.

This is just one of the things that throws me completely. It's not just McCanns who are worried about this, it's ALL of them. In their minds they must think, it could have happened to us! However, if madeleine was kidnapped due to being left in an unlocked flat, with no baby monitor then no it could not have happened to any of them because the rest of them locked their apts and had baby monitors. The McCanns were the ones who thought it was so safe - these people who are supposedly the most careful and responsible of all.

O'Brien's daughter lying in her vomit, Oldfield talking about how they had to bathe the baby in the morning because she'd covered herself in poop - these people are really the limit as Doctors. I would not let them water my fern when I was out of town never mind care for my family. None of them were pediatricians but you don't need to be a specialist in children's health - just a caring parent. They suck.

widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Statements that contradict.

Post  kitti on Fri 13 Dec - 7:48

O'Brian seemed to off left his brain at home the day he had his interview .


He entered mats app using his key....but matt was in his own apt as he was sick.


He can't remember if it was Monday or Tuesday he wasn't at the tapas.


He can't remember actually seeing Madeleine at tea BUT that is because he was in a hurry and early....so she could off been there after he left with his child.

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Statements that contradict.

Post  kitti on Fri 13 Dec - 7:56

And this bit.....
Regarding when he was nit at the tapas ....was it Monday or was it Tuesday...

1578 “So we include ‘or theirs/Dave and Fiona’?”
Reply “Dave and Fi as well, yeah. And then the next bit is fair enough, which is fair enough there that ‘After Madeleine disappeared we began eating’ maybe just ‘lunch at Dave and Fiona’s apartment regularly’. Erm, at the end, the next paragraph is fair, you know, it’s fair enough I think, I think that’s fine. An addition at the end maybe just saying, you know, regarding the Monday and Tuesday, I think it was Monday night because, erm, I have this recollection that on Tuesday it was the first night we’d all been together, the nine of us, actually, you know, present”.
00.42.23 1578 “Yes”.
Reply “However Jane actually thinks that it was, erm, Tuesday, it was probably Tuesday night, so we’re, we’re not entirely sure. I don’t know if that’s going to be very relevant, but I thought it was Monday and Jane thinks it might have been Tuesday”.
1578 “You say ‘Either Monday or Tuesday’?”
Reply “Yeah, so as long as, well”.
1578 “You could cross-out ‘either’ and put in ‘possibly’. ‘Possibly Monday’ and cross-out ‘or Tuesday’?”
Reply “Erm, I don’t know, maybe I’m just being fussy. I mean, it was either Monday or Tuesday, me and Jane can’t quite agree on that one, we thought, erm. Just leave it as it is”.
1578 “If we leave it as it is. We do say ‘Either Monday or Tuesday’, don’t we?”
Reply “Yeah. I think rather than, erm, at one point I know, erm, Madeleine and Sean and Amelie did eat lunch in, in Dave and Fi’s apartment, so rather than ‘each day’ it might be worth just saying ‘most days’. I think they, they generally, erm, had their lunch separate, I think. So it says ‘Kate and Gerry had lunch in their apartment as they did each day’, but there was certainly an occasion on one of them, sort of a Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, erm, that they, that they ate up in, you know, we were all, all the kids were together at one point, it was a bit of a squeeze with everyone in there”.
1578 “So do you want to?”
00.43.43 Reply “Just change it to ‘most days’ and then at least it, because it certainly wasn’t sort of every day. It says ‘I want out’, erm, erm, I think it should probably say ‘I went out’. I think the conversation we were having there is actually I think me and Matt”.
1578 “It should be ‘went’, shouldn’t it?”
Reply “It should be ‘Went out in the afternoon to the beach’. And I think this is, what we were saying at this point is, erm, I

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Statements that contradict.

Post  wjk on Fri 13 Dec - 12:26

kitti wrote:And this bit.....
Regarding when he was nit at the tapas ....was it Monday or was it Tuesday...

1578 “So we include ‘or theirs/Dave and Fiona’?”
Reply “Dave and Fi as well, yeah. And then the next bit is fair enough, which is fair enough there that ‘After Madeleine disappeared we began eating’ maybe just ‘lunch at Dave and Fiona’s apartment regularly’. Erm, at the end, the next paragraph is fair, you know, it’s fair enough I think, I think that’s fine. An addition at the end maybe just saying, you know, regarding the Monday and Tuesday, I think it was Monday night because, erm, I have this recollection that on Tuesday it was the first night we’d all been together, the nine of us, actually, you know, present”.
00.42.23 1578 “Yes”.
Reply “However Jane actually thinks that it was, erm, Tuesday, it was probably Tuesday night, so we’re, we’re not entirely sure. I don’t know if that’s going to be very relevant, but I thought it was Monday and Jane thinks it might have been Tuesday”.
1578 “You say ‘Either Monday or Tuesday’?”
Reply “Yeah, so as long as, well”.
1578 “You could cross-out ‘either’ and put in ‘possibly’. ‘Possibly Monday’ and cross-out ‘or Tuesday’?”
Reply “Erm, I don’t know, maybe I’m just being fussy. I mean, it was either Monday or Tuesday, me and Jane can’t quite agree on that one, we thought, erm. Just leave it as it is”.
1578 “If we leave it as it is. We do say ‘Either Monday or Tuesday’, don’t we?”
Reply “Yeah. I think rather than, erm, at one point I know, erm, Madeleine and Sean and Amelie did eat lunch in, in Dave and Fi’s apartment, so rather than ‘each day’ it might be worth just saying ‘most days’. I think they, they generally, erm, had their lunch separate, I think. So it says ‘Kate and Gerry had lunch in their apartment as they did each day’, but there was certainly an occasion on one of them, sort of a Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, erm, that they, that they ate up in, you know, we were all, all the kids were together at one point, it was a bit of a squeeze with everyone in there”.
1578 “So do you want to?”
00.43.43 Reply “Just change it to ‘most days’ and then at least it, because it certainly wasn’t sort of every day. It says ‘I want out’, erm, erm, I think it should probably say ‘I went out’. I think the conversation we were having there is actually I think me and Matt”.
1578 “It should be ‘went’, shouldn’t it?”
Reply “It should be ‘Went out in the afternoon to the beach’. And I think this is, what we were saying at this point is, erm, I

   I know they said confusion is good but this is ridiculous    

wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7812
Age : 51
Location : Manchester
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Statements that contradict.

Post  widowan on Fri 13 Dec - 17:22

I thought this hodge podge represented his thinking about what day it was they ate lunch at Payne's apt, not which night he was not at the Tapas. He seems keen to point out that one day they were all at Payne's for lunch

Madeleine's dna then, would have a legitimate reason to be in Payne's home was I guess the point of this - or is a result of this.

They were all in and out of each other's apts supposedly - to borrow sun cream etc - the adults maybe, the kids? No. But he puts MM in Payne's apt at least one time

Is it only a forum myth that no dna of hers was found in McCann apt? I know the toothbrush thing struck me as ridiculous - how unsanitary and totally unbelievable if they didn't have one each - but did they find no dna at all, or just no dna that was verifiably her own? That's bad enough. I'd want her fingerprints and dna and I think police do ask for that, early on, in case they have to identify a body. Also dental records.

That line of thought (that there was no dna in McCanns apt) spurred a lot of notions - "well they must have forensically cleaned the whole apt" or "Madeleine was never there" - I would not be sweeping around a holiday flat where everyone has trampled through it, looking to find some dna you could pinpoint as hers, I would be looking at the clothes and shoes she wore and her toothbrush. Even her pillow case.

I suppose it's down to the cops to think of that rather than the parents saving her clothes out of the laundry to get some skin cells, but surely within a day or two, well before Amelie grew into Maddie's things, they would have thought of this and taken her sandals.

widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Statements that contradict.

Post  widowan on Fri 13 Dec - 22:29

Now with this info that Rachael oldfield says the sliding door had metal blinds too that were down that night, and yet her husband saying he went in that door, there is another story that doesn't match up.

in 4 years I never read that the sliding door had metal vertical blinds like those on the windows and that they were left DOWN.

widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Statements that contradict.

Post  jinvta on Fri 13 Dec - 23:16

widowan wrote:Now with this info that Rachael oldfield says the sliding door had metal blinds too that were down that night, and yet her husband saying he went in that door, there is another story that doesn't match up.

in 4 years I never read that the sliding door had metal vertical blinds like those on the windows and that they were left DOWN.

"The window shutters of the McCann’s apartments were closed. The patio door that they used to enter the apartment also had its shutter closed. In order to enter they had to raise the shutter."



I think that this was probably a mistranslation. It was probably meant to say that the window shutters of the apartment were closed. The patio door that they used to enter the apartment also had a shutter, which the McCanns would have had opened so they could gain access. I highly doubt that these shutters would have been opened and closed daily. Just opened once when they first arrived.

jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Statements that contradict.

Post  widowan on Sat 14 Dec - 0:18

jinvta wrote:
widowan wrote:Now with this info that Rachael oldfield says the sliding door had metal blinds too that were down that night, and yet her husband saying he went in that door, there is another story that doesn't match up.

in 4 years I never read that the sliding door had metal vertical blinds like those on the windows and that they were left DOWN.

"The window shutters of the McCann’s apartments were closed. The patio door that they used to enter the apartment also had its shutter closed. In order to enter they had to raise the shutter."



I think that this was probably a mistranslation. It was probably meant to say that the window shutters of the apartment were closed. The patio door that they used to enter the apartment also had a shutter, which the McCanns would have had opened so they could gain access. I highly doubt that these shutters would have been opened and closed daily. Just opened once when they first arrived.

That makes more sense.

Just looking for Rachael's statement... haven't seen the PJ files in a while.

widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Kate says Gerry checked the kids -Gerry says he listened from outside the door and did not enter

Post  widowan on Sat 14 Dec - 0:45

At around 19H00, he made his way to the apartment, finding KATE and the children playing on the sofa. About 10 to 15 minutes later, they took the children to the bedroom and they all sat on MADELEINE's bed to read a story. At 19H30, the twins were already in their respective cots and MADELEINE in the bed next to the bedroom door. He does not know if they were asleep but from the silence he presumed that they were. As it was still early he took a bath, he thinks that KATE had already done so, they talked a little and drank wine or beer.

At 20H35, they left the apartment towards the “TAPAS”. Before they left, and because the children's bedroom door was ajar as always, he opened it a little more, listening from the outside and, as there was complete silence, he did not even enter,
returning the door to its previous position, with a space of about 10cm.

So in fact Kate says she knows one of them checked, likely him - he says he didn't check. Which leaves no one checking the kids visually at 830.

If they didn't check at 830 and Gerry didn't check at 910 ish - not really, not like he says where he stood over her & saw her there "in perfect condition" (which was safe enough to say when you think you can convince people that Tannerman was the abductor and you're alibi'd) - and Matt didn't check at 930 then no one saw the kids after they were put into the room to bed at 730.

Pat Brown seems to think that Madeleine could have fallen behind the couch even while they were still there, if on the patio drinking - or in their room "getting ready" or fighting or whatever they were doing - and because all they were doing was listening from outside the bedroom, they could have left when she was already injured or dying or in fact dead, behind the couch. A horrible idea.







widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Statements that contradict.

Post  kitti on Sat 14 Dec - 9:17

Surely they would off heard a noise then if she had fallen behind the sofa unless off course they did and drew the curtain back, saw nothing and then carried on drinking.


Remembering what Kate McCann had said when she did her check at 10pm.....'I couldn't make it out, it was dark and I couldn't it out if it was Madeleine or the bed covers'....she could off peeked through the door when were still there and thought the same. Pulled the door too and left because you don't think your child would get up, get on the sofa and fall behind it.


Off course Madeleine could off been disorientated and mistook the voices as being outside the window instead off being on the patio as it was dark.


Madeleine must off known that when she went to bed she was going to be left alone.

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Statements that contradict.

Post  widowan on Sat 14 Dec - 17:30

I think so. We've heard a lot about how intelligent and perceptive she was. And all kids seem to have that radar - if you really NEED them to go to sleep they never do.

they said they sat in the lounge to have their New Zealand white but if it was warm enough to take the kids to the park in pjs it was warm enough to have their wine on their balcony - they lie so much I almost take the location of where they had their wine as a lie without knowing any more about it if in fact drinking was what they were doing during that hour.


widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Statements that contradict.

Post  Sponsored content Today at 23:34


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum