Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forget it? You wish!

+9
kitti
maebee
Cambslass
jejune
margaret
malena stool
SteveT
mara thon
almostgothic
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Forget it?  You wish! Empty Forget it? You wish!

Post  Guest Fri 27 Dec - 21:36

Forget it?  You wish! 11591497273_b04230a997
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Forget it?  You wish! Empty Re: Forget it? You wish!

Post  malena stool Fri 27 Dec - 21:50

That page should make for interesting reading then....  Forget it?  You wish! 680495 
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :
Forget it?  You wish! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Forget it?  You wish! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 28 Dec - 9:42

I am not a Member of Facebook, or wish to be, I just wonder why the McCanns need to use it to draw attention to the fact that Madeleine is still missing. Everyone in the World knows this courtesy of the World's Press , maybe it is to gain sympathy , if someone could find and copy and paste the McCanns initial introduction on Facebook it would be interesting to know what they said.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Forget it?  You wish! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Forget it?  You wish! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Sat 28 Dec - 10:22

So - according to the OFFICIAL Find Madeleine Facebook Page (ie straight from the horse's mouth), the sort of crimes and misdemeanours which lead to the disappearance (and worse) of a small child should be forgotten about because time has intervened. And anyway, THEY don't care.
And THEY don't care about good parenting advice from decent parents. So much so that decent parents will be banned.

Did ya read that, Mr Redwood?
Tells you all you need to know about the OFFICIAL Find Madeleine charade.
And the horse's mouth.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 28 Dec - 10:56

almostgothic wrote:So - according to the OFFICIAL Find Madeleine Facebook Page (ie straight from the horse's mouth), the sort of crimes and misdemeanours which lead to the disappearance (and worse) of a small child should be forgotten about because time has intervened. And anyway, THEY don't care.
And THEY don't care about good parenting advice from decent parents. So much so that decent parents will be banned.

Did ya read that, Mr Redwood?
Tells you all you need to know about the OFFICIAL Find Madeleine charade.
And the horse's mouth.

Thanks almostgothic, what a crass couple they are. Forget it?  You wish! 294124  It reminds me of the remarks they made on Crimestoppers about Madeleine misses at "family times".
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Forget it?  You wish! Empty IMO - Are people actually advocating that leaving babies/children alone is Ok ?

Post  Cambslass Sat 28 Dec - 12:47

It is ages since I joined this forum and I am ashamed to say that since that time, I have not participated in hardly any of the discussions though I do read them daily. When I joined, oh so long ago now, I did explain to the moderators the reason for my lack of input which I felt was not for public scrutiny.

I do feel that many others are certainly far better informed than me regarding this farce and that they can often say what I would like to say but far more eloquently.

Thank goodness for the Internet because if it were not for forums such as this and a couple of others, I feel sure that I would think that the views that I have regarding this (IMO) farce were purely in my head alone.

It was about two weeks after this story broke that I began reading the forums that then existed regarding Madeline: The mirror and the 3A’s. The reason that I read these forums from 2007 was that I had felt from the very outset after seeing the behaviour of certain people in the news that something was very amiss with this whole affair.

How could one be laughing and smiling only a few days after the ‘disappearance of a much loved daughter? I and most parents would be in pieces should anyone have taken my/our child and I/we would not be able to sleep without medication nor talk or be with anyone other than those close to me/us.

My family used to roll their eyes at me if I mentioned my suspicion of the McCann’s and all the inconsistencies’ and so I had learnt to keep my opinions to myself. (There is a caveat to this as they are now very suspicious after having their own children)

Being able to come on here and read that others have similar thoughts to mine is a relief though one must remember that at the heart of all this is a dear little girl that deserved so much more from her parents and she would probably still be here today if they had not left her and her siblings alone.. (Even typing this makes me feel angry for her) My sympathies also go to those that loved her and are still missing her to this day. The siblings of Madeline will I hope, go on to have wonderful lives as they too have been embroiled in this ‘ case’ due to something not of their making.

Thank goodness for all the good people here and on the other forums that want to see ‘true’ justice prevail for a dear little girl that, on that holiday, deserved so much more on what should have been such a happy time for her and her siblings.

For all of us that are parents, be it Mothers or Fathers of the children we all know that from the moment our child is born that nothing will ever be the same. From this moment on all our energy and thoughts are channelled towards taking care of this child from the day of its birth and that love will continue until the day that we pass away. Our love will not diminish even though sometimes it may have been a hard road to follow, what with the teenage years etc. We are not perfect as parents as each child brings their own personality into the mix and we have to act to each child accordingly.

OK, so here are some questions for those that think that it is OK to leave babies/children on their own. I do not of course refer to anyone here but I am appalled to read that this message is being highlighted on a particular website.

I would like to know who on earth the people are that are advocating that leaving your children alone is OK!

Tell that to my three friends that were sitting in their homes with their babies that passed away from Cot deaths. You cannot believe the guilt that they live with all throughout their lives even though they were in the same place where this terrible thing happened. One of my friends actually took her own life after losing her baby in 1973.

Tell that to dear James Bugler’s mother that was out shopping with her son when he was snatched and she frantically searched for him.

Tell this to the Mothers and Fathers that have truly had their children taken from them by a stranger, I am thinking of many young girls that went missing from the 1960’s onwards.

Tell this to the Mothers and Fathers that have had their children abducted by their former spouses when they were due to be returned from holiday and also hear their pain when they talk of the fight to get their child/children home. ( In no way do I believe that either parent should lose contact with either parent unless there has been emotional and sometimes physical abuse) I realise that this is a different experience to a child/children being left alone but I am trying to explain the pain that the parents feel from losing a child

Tell this to my friend that was meeting her Mother and her child that had collected her child from school and when my friends daughter saw her Mother, she slipped out of her Grandmothers hand and ran into the road and was hit by a car incurring awful injuries. Still to this day she feels guilty though no one was to blame.

How could the father of the child be laughing and smiling only a few days after she went missing. Can you imagine as a Father what would be going through your head if, as a result of your lack of care your child had been taken from you. How could he have said those words when travelling in the bus to their holiday apartment in front of the dear little ones? How could he swear in front of all the other children/parents? How crass.

Jogging, make up, hair highlights and all other manner of peculiar things would be the last thing on one’s mind if our child were missing.

It takes only seconds/minutes for harm to come to a child if there is no protection. Not only from others but from all manner of things around the home and even if you are with them outside whilst they are playing in a brief second they could fall from the swings/slides, which happened to my son, though my husband was able to catch him.

Unfortunately guilt may come even though you have done your best as a parent and this is more apparent as the children become teenagers and their personalities have already formed years ago and all the teachings that you have guided them towards can so readily be taken away by others that they mix with. I have seen this happen to many fantastic parents and they all say, Why, Why? And this is from the parents that did do as perfect a job as they could when the child/children were young.

My apologies for this very long post and the moderators may deem it fit to reduce the length of said post.

This is all in my humble opinion

Cambslass
Cambslass

Female
Number of posts : 14
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Cambslass Sat 28 Dec - 12:54

Just to say apologies for not spelling Madeleine's name correctly in my previous post.
Cambslass
Cambslass

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 28 Dec - 13:19

Cambslass wrote:Just to say apologies for not spelling Madeleine's name correctly in my previous post.

Hi Cambslass.....welcome,well you certainly have made up for lost time. Forget it?  You wish! 25346 

So sad about your Friends' babies cot deaths, strange that 3 of them experienced this. As for the McCanns, I still don't know whether they will ultimately atone for their negligence ....the Portugese could have charged them when they were in PDL with two charges , neglect, and neglect causing harm .
The first charge has lapsed and the second relies on Madeleine being found, dead , or alive. Had Politics not intervened this case would have been shelved a long time ago and not re-opened on such flimsy evidence. The Portugese people have had enough of the McCanns their expense nobody cares about although it probably runs into a couple of million Euro at least which Portugal can ill afford.

We shall see, I'm not holding my breath though that justice will be seen to be done.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cambslass Sat 28 Dec - 13:44

Thank you Panda for your reply to my previous but one post. I noticed that I had also stated '2007' when in fact it was 2004 ! Where have those years gone.

When my dear friends (I have so many which is why there are so many sad experiences to relate) lost their babies in the 1970s there was not much known about cot deaths. You would not believe what they went through with the police to clear their names.. Hours and hours of questioning with the police that nearly broke them as parents as they were grieving for the loss of their babies.

They did not hesitate to answer all and every question many times over. Suspicion was on the parents in those days and it did not matter which 'walk of life' you came from - all classes were subject to the very same and all parents were left feeling even more bereft.

Now we know so much more aware about how to put our babies asleep and in what position , etc. etc. Hopefully and I believe it to be so that we do not hear about this so much now so the medical advice must have been correct. One of my friends lost her baby whilst she was in the surgery ! The Dr's tried to save her little girl but to no avail.. My friend had found her not breathing and she lived in the same street as the Surgery so she dashed in but sadly too late. :-(

Panda, believe me, what I tell you comes from a lifetime of experience. I am now 66 years of age though my mind is still bright though my body not willing to jump into action.

The people that were the cause of Madeleine's disappearance will suffer in the future. They may not know this now but even if a court never convicts the right person they will live a life of falsehood and lies. This will break one of them one day, though we may not see this happen. If  they truly have any belief in the Catholic Church and its teachings they will really suffer.. I was a Catholic Convent Boarder from the age of 12 - nearly 17 and even though I am saying this oh, almost 50 years later the guilt that comes with being a Catholic never leaves you.

Personally, I don't think that these people are true Catholics as if they were, they, whomever they are, would admit their guilt as it is so ingrained in us from childhood onwards.
Cambslass
Cambslass

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 28 Dec - 14:30

I don't think they are staunch Catholics either, Kate is an only child which suggests her Parents weren't Catholics, Gerry comes from an Irish Family so he would be more inclined to be Catholic . Religion apart though, there is no way they can say they were responsible Parents and by perpetually having Madeleine's face being front page on every Paper, how are the twins coping with that.....do the parents care??? No, they don't , all they care about is making money out of Madeleine's disappearance, in fact Madeleine has become a cash cow for many.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Sat 28 Dec - 15:03

'we don't care what you think about leaving children alone'..................that says it all ! Not a word of regret, not a word saying 'please never leave your children alone as we did', it just goes to show, in my opinion at least, that the Mccanns care not one jot about anyone but themselves and making money. What truly dreadful people they must be.
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveT Sat 28 Dec - 15:09

Nothing shocks me about them anymore, but that came close!
SteveT
SteveT
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 602
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 28 Dec - 15:14

mara thon wrote:'we don't care what you think about leaving children alone'..................that says it all !    Not a word of regret, not a word saying 'please never leave your children alone as we did', it just goes to show, in my opinion at least, that the Mccanns care not one jot about anyone but themselves and making money.  What truly dreadful people they must be.

Marathon, the comment that I will never forget is from Kate when Jane Hill from the BBC asked why they didn't search for Madeleine when half of PDL was searching and many people had taken time off work. Kate replied......wait for it "well, we were busy"!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 28 Dec - 15:16

mara thon wrote:'we don't care what you think about leaving children alone'..................that says it all !    Not a word of regret, not a word saying 'please never leave your children alone as we did', it just goes to show, in my opinion at least, that the Mccanns care not one jot about anyone but themselves and making money.  What truly dreadful people they must be.

Marathon, the comment that I will never forget is from Kate when Jane Hill from the BBC asked why they didn't search for Madeleine when half of PDL was searching and many people had taken time off work. Kate replied......wait for it    "well, we were busy"!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveT Sat 28 Dec - 15:18

Panda, didn't Kate also say they didn't search because it was dark?
SteveT
SteveT
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 602
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 28 Dec - 15:36

No apologies necessary Cambslass. Every word you've spoken is true. I am not commenting at all on this picture because it's left me, well, speechless. I don't even know where to start with it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sat 28 Dec - 15:45

Any normal person parent or not, is shocked by what this pair of narcisists think or say and get away with, their adverse comments never make the news, never leave the forums where thay appear and reach the general media, because our press are still restricted by the gagging order put in place by Brown or Blair.

The public might have hoped that the GMC would strike off any doctor who brought the profession into disrepute by entering or allowing such a statement into any public domain forum to which he was a closely associated with. But it seems that Dr. Gerry is faeces proof as far as the GMC is concerned as abandoning their children to go on the lash and this item from about 2009 prove:-

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/great-ormond-street-cardiologist-is.html
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 28 Dec - 16:36

SteveT wrote:Panda, didn't Kate also say they didn't search because it was dark?

Yeah, that's right Steve T. never mind the holidaymakers staying in PDL , the workers there who searched until dawn, the McCanns were too busy piecing together a timetable ready for when the Police arrived.

I often wonder what kind of GP Kate was , she certainly never attended 6 deaths in the Mortuary....vivid imagination our Kate has, what with explaining away blood, in a T.V. programme to mark Madeleine's birthday STILL insisting the window was open and the curtains blowing. Why was the arguido status lifted I ask???
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Sat 28 Dec - 19:24

Finding a babysitter for your children when you go down the pub is not 'perfect parenting' it's NORMAL parenting! It's what 99.9% of the population are.

And then there's the McCanns who should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves, but never are. They are the only people who bang on about others shutting up about the neglect of the children - proof that the mccann family are closely involved in that page.

I think they're hilarious, they just have no idea of how awful they, or the things they say  are.

Forget it?  You wish! 302722 Forget it?  You wish! 302722 Forget it?  You wish! 391499
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Mon 30 Dec - 19:16

Truly appalling.

We don't care what you think about leaving children alone; that was six years ago - get over it?

Wow.

They never cared about their kids the way other people do and I don't think narcissists in general make good parents. Nor do they make good investigation leaders, since it's all about making them look innocent, following some innocent tourist as a lead, and trying to grab money for the next Range Rover or payment on the monster house or the attorneys.

Kate was in fact brought up Catholic and went to Catholic school but being in a church doesn't make you a Christian any more than being in a garage makes you a car. The love, compassion, empathy, etc you would expect from anyone with any kind of spirituality is missing.

They should be made to do community service and be talking about exactly this if this is what we are meant to believe actually occurred - that they LEFT THE CHILDREN ALONE to be injured or stolen. It's not okay, it's not a good idea - it's not LEGAL in most places and it is NOT RESPONSIBLE PARENTING.

Throwing money at this pair of reprobates is the last thing anyone should want to do after seeing the "Official" statement from McCanns on child neglect. We're for it! Don't care what anyone else thinks. Send money.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  jejune Mon 30 Dec - 20:08

'Hear, hear' Cambslass, to your posts on this thread  Forget it?  You wish! 306321
jejune
jejune
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 312
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Forget it?  You wish! Empty Nor am I a Catholic anymore - My friends call me a spiritual mongrel - it is true

Post  Cambslass Mon 30 Dec - 21:33

Kate was in fact brought up Catholic and went to Catholic school but being in a church doesn't make you a Christian any more than being in a garage makes you a car. The love, compassion, empathy, etc you would expect from anyone with any kind of spirituality is missing.

Exactly as I can attest to as I was raised a Catholic though when leaving the convent and much later into my 20's I researched many other religions..

They should be made to do community service and be talking about exactly this if this is what we are meant to believe actually occurred - that they LEFT THE CHILDREN ALONE to be injured or stolen. It's not okay, it's not a good idea - it's not LEGAL in most places and it is NOT RESPONSIBLE PARENTING.

I believe that Panda said  to me in reply to my post that, ' in my words here' they fled Portugal before any neglect charges should be served upon them ( If I am wrong please do correct me ) I also read somewhere that they could have served 10 years imprisonment for abandonment of their child which resulted in her disappearance ( again I stand to be corrected if not so)

Thank you to the poster that agreed with me.

Just as an aside: I was a Medical Secretary for many years in which there were six Dr's. Now from what I can remember from those days and allowing for the fact that so much has changed since those days what with all that we have read about re the NHS, I only recall the Dr's certifying a death if it was requested. Most people now pass away in hospital as indeed they did when I was a MS. It was rare indeed for any of them (6) to go and certify a death and if so, it was often not the deceased person's Dr that signed the Cert.

Lynne

Cambslass
Cambslass

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Forget it?  You wish! Empty I am now replying to myself having forgotten to tell you something else. haha

Post  Cambslass Mon 30 Dec - 22:19

My daughter trained at one of the well known London School for Nannies oh so long ago now, um, roughly 1991.

She had her first position in America with a lovely family and she is still in touch with them to this very day even though the triplets (yikes) are now grown women they have never lost contact. She stayed with this lovely family until they were about 5 years of age and indeed when they first attended school full time.

Fast forward to her last experience in 2001 when she was now 30 years old: She was employed by someone very senior in the Media and in fact I have seen/read much about the Company since those days as the people are well known in this field.

This particular family unfortunately could not have children of their own and they eventually adopted children from , I believe it was Vietnam ( I shall email my daughter later to see if my assumptions are correct ) She now lives in America with her American husband after marrying last year so time lines are different.

Well, what a different experience.. She could not believe how cold the Mother was towards these two babies. The father was more concerned but my daughter raised real concerns about the Mother's behaviour. She asked my daughter to teach them how to cook at 9 MONTHS ! My poor daughter explained that you could not do this but she was so brow beaten by this Mother.

The Mother was never with the children working all hours in America ( this is where they lived, New York) She never showed them any affection and it was left to my daughter to bring the babies up.. Eventually my poor daughter had to return to England as the Mother had worn her down so much. No time off, shouting at her, even though she was fully trained and mature of age and even after she had worked for many other families successfully  after her first post in America..

I shall never forget her words after meeting her at Heathrow: She said '"The dear little ones are just fashion accessories and nothing more to the Mother"

I am trying my best to explain that in some circumstances many people do not make good parents

Lynne
Cambslass
Cambslass

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Mon 30 Dec - 23:50

Welcome Cambslass. Excellent posts.

Re:
We don't care what you think about leaving children alone. It's been six years, let it go already! Posting your perfect parent advice will be deleted and you will be banned.

I've read this about 10 times and I still can't make sense of it.

1. They (The McCanns) don't care what we (the public) think about leaving children alone? WTF? I wonder what do the people who appointed K.M. "Ambassador for Missing Children" think of this?

2. "It's been 6 years, let it go already" - Does anybody know what this means? Is it "It's been 6 years, old news, forget about it?" "Let it go already" - ???

3. "Posting your perfect parent advice will be deleted and you will be banned." Cult of a page.
maebee
maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 467
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Tue 31 Dec - 1:26

Never, ever leaving toddlers alone is not "perfect" parenting, it is just normal, commonsense parenting. People who post stuff like this look like complete morons.
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next