Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Schumacher fighting for his life

+7
wjk
Lioned
cherry1
Badboy
joyce1938
kitti
Krisy22
11 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Michael Schumacher fighting for his life - Page 5 Empty Latest news on Shumacher

Post  Panda Thu 15 May - 12:15

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Michael Schumacher fighting for his life - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Michael Schumacher fighting for his life - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Michael Schumacher fighting for his life - Page 5 Empty Re: Michael Schumacher fighting for his life

Post  Panda Sun 18 May - 8:34

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
Michael Schumacher fighting for his life - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Michael Schumacher fighting for his life - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Michael Schumacher fighting for his life - Page 5 Empty Fans told to fear the worst says Doctor

Post  Panda Tue 3 Jun - 13:13

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Michael Schumacher fighting for his life - Page 5 Empty Michael moved to rehab Ward

Post  Panda Sat 14 Jun - 18:35

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Michael Schumacher fighting for his life - Page 5 Empty Re: Michael Schumacher fighting for his life

Post  wjk Mon 16 Jun - 10:52

GOOD NEWS!!

http://news.sky.com/story/1283224/schumacher-out-of-coma-and-leaves-hospital
Former Formula 1 champion Michael Schumacher is no longer in a coma and has left hospital after a ski accident last December.

The 45-year-old has been in an induced coma since suffering a serious head injury in a skiing accident in the French Alps resort of Meribel in December.

"Michael has left the CHU Grenoble to continue his long phase of rehabilitation. He is not in a coma anymore," his management company said in a statement.

"His family would like to explicitly thank all his treating doctors, nurses and therapists in Grenoble as well as the first aiders at the place of the accident, who did an excellent job in those first months.

"The family also wishes to thank all the people who have sent Michael all the many good wishes to Michael. We are sure it helped him."

"For the future we ask for understanding that his further rehabilitation will take place away from the public eye."

Schumacher was reportedly travelling at speeds of up to 60mph when the accident happened, and is thought to have been saved by his skiing helmet, which split on impact.

However, the racing legend's chief doctor said in March that it was unlikely he would ever fully recover from the accident.

Doctor Gary Hartstein wrote on his blog: "As time goes on, it becomes less and less likely that Michael will emerge to any significant extent."

More follows...
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 16 Jun - 11:25

Doctor Gary Hartstein wrote on his blog: "As time goes on, it becomes less and less likely that Michael will emerge to any significant extent."

Morning wjk, it is not known at this stage whether he will blink and although he is off the ventilator all it means is he is breathing unaided. whether his Wife gives a full interview when he is at home remains to be seen .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Mon 16 Jun - 13:18

wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 16 Jun - 16:04

Thanks wjk I was just going to post that . A Nuerosurgeon said there will be physical and mental therapy and a long phase of rehabilitation. , months or years , sad isn't it . His Wife said at the time that he was strong minded and would pull through, at least he is getting the best care that money can buy and good luck Michael.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Mon 16 Jun - 16:06

Michael Schumacher Latest: F1 Legend 'Out Of Danger And Moved To Rehab Ward'
The Huffington Post UK | Posted: 13/06/2014 14:10 BST | Updated: 16/06/2014 11:59 BST

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/06/13/michael-schumacher-moved-rehab-ward_n_5491487.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk-ws-bb%7Cdl5%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D272103

UPDATE: Michael Schumacher 'No Longer In A Coma' And Leaves Hospital
Michael Schumacher "is out of danger" and has been moved to a rehabilitation ward at Grenoble hospital, according to reports.

German magazine Bunte wrote the seven-time Formula 1 champion, who has been in hospital since he struck his head on a rock during a skiing accident in Meribel on 29 December, was moved on Thursday.

Schumacher, 45, had shown "moments of consciousness" in April, after being placed in a medically-induced coma.

Schumacher has been hospitalised since late December

However, the chances of Schumacher recovering have all but disappeared, amid speculation he is in a vegetative state, meaning the German is awake but unable to move or speak.

Former Benetton team boss Flavio Briatore, who won his first world championship with Schumacher as his driver in the 90s, said "no news is not good news".

"I'm quite afraid, and virtually certain, we will never have any good news about Michael," Briatore told Italy's Radio 24. "There is no news because the family is very closed. They are not communicating. But surely no news in this case is not good news."

malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 16 Jun - 16:09

malena stool wrote:Michael Schumacher Latest: F1 Legend 'Out Of Danger And Moved To Rehab Ward'
The Huffington Post UK  |  Posted: 13/06/2014 14:10 BST  |  Updated: 16/06/2014 11:59 BST

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/06/13/michael-schumacher-moved-rehab-ward_n_5491487.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk-ws-bb%7Cdl5%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D272103

UPDATE: Michael Schumacher 'No Longer In A Coma' And Leaves Hospital
Michael Schumacher "is out of danger" and has been moved to a rehabilitation ward at Grenoble hospital, according to reports.

German magazine Bunte wrote the seven-time Formula 1 champion, who has been in hospital since he struck his head on a rock during a skiing accident in Meribel on 29 December, was moved on Thursday.

Schumacher, 45, had shown "moments of consciousness" in April, after being placed in a medically-induced coma.

Schumacher has been hospitalised since late December

However, the chances of Schumacher recovering have all but disappeared, amid speculation he is in a vegetative state, meaning the German is awake but unable to move or speak.

Former Benetton team boss Flavio Briatore, who won his first world championship with Schumacher as his driver in the 90s, said "no news is not good news".

"I'm quite afraid, and virtually certain, we will never have any good news about Michael," Briatore told Italy's Radio 24. "There is no news because the family is very closed. They are not communicating. But surely no news in this case is not good news."

malena, see the latest posts  Michael Schumacher fighting for his life - Page 5 25346 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Mon 16 Jun - 16:50

I thought I caught the back end of a report on the news that he had actually come out of his coma... I'm probably wrong because I've not been in touch with the tv at all today.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 16 Jun - 17:05

malena stool wrote:I thought I caught the back end of a report on the news that he had actually come out of his coma... I'm probably wrong because I've not been in touch with the tv at all today.

Not to worry, it was updated today by wjk and I commented. He is out of the coma malena but the neurosurgeon on T.V. today said it was a blink of his eye so he is not really functioning yet. Apparently it will be some time before the Doctors will know just what his cpabilities will be. His wife said he was a fighter and I hope he eventually has all his faculties.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Wed 18 Jun - 19:22

Panda wrote:
malena stool wrote:I thought I caught the back end of a report on the news that he had actually come out of his coma... I'm probably wrong because I've not been in touch with the tv at all today.

Not to worry, it was updated today by wjk and I commented. He is out of the coma malena but the neurosurgeon on T.V. today said it was a blink of his eye so he is not really functioning yet. Apparently it will be some time before the Doctors will know just what his cpabilities will be. His wife said he was a fighter and I hope he eventually has all his faculties.
Just for him to return to being self caring would be a blessing, Panda..
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 18 Jun - 23:05

malena stool wrote:
Panda wrote:

Just for him to return to being self caring would be a blessing, Panda..

Yes Malena and for someone like Michael who was so active it will be more frustrating for him if he has limited functions, all we can do is hope. His Wife said at the very beginning that he was a fighter .

***Off topic but you ought to watch Newsnight , Mandelson is being interviewed by Paxman , say nomore. Now he is going for a bike ride with Boris on a tandem in London.......hilarious. Michael Schumacher fighting for his life - Page 5 23324 

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Thu 19 Jun - 11:40

Michael Schumacher 'opened his eyes and nodded' on way to hospital

By AOL Travel, Jun 18, 2014

http://travel.aol.co.uk/2014/06/18/michael-schumacher-opened-eyes-nodded-hospital-transfer/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk-ws-bb%7Cdl3%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D272804

Michael Schumacher opened his eyes and nodded during the transfer from a hospital in Grenoble to Lausanne, Swiss media has reported.

It was announced on Monday by the 45-year-old's management that he had woken up from a coma after six months and was transferred to a rehab facility in Switzerland, where he kept his eyes "open for long periods" and "nodded" to doctors and medical staff during the 120-mile ambulance transfer, Swiss news agency SDA reports.

According to the Daily Telegraph, the agency reported that the Formula One champion did not speak during the transfer but used his eyes and nodded to communicate.

Media gathered outside the CHUV hospital where Michael Schumacher has been transferred. Getty

Ambulance staff were not told the identity of the world-famous patient in advance and were made to give up their phones as they arrived at the hospital in Grenoble, the Daily Mail reports.

After the transfer, Matthias Volken, medical superintendent of the ambulance firm, said: "I can confirm that we carried out the drive to transfer (Schumacher) on Monday."

The Local reports that some medical experts have suggested Schumacher will never completely recover, but his family have not released new information about his condition.

Yesterday, the former racing driver's intimate holiday photos with wife Corinna were released.

Schumacher was placed in a medically induced coma after a ski accident in Meribel in December.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 19 Jun - 12:09

Such good news, ms!
Good luck Micheal!  Michael Schumacher fighting for his life - Page 5 Icon_flower 
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Thu 19 Jun - 14:08

wjk wrote:Such good news, ms!
Good luck Micheal!  Michael Schumacher fighting for his life - Page 5 Icon_flower 

Too true, wjk, he's a strong fit young man and with a lot of luck, family input and good care he's out of the woods and hopefully on the way to returning to a self caring lifestyle.
The best of luck to him and his family.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Thu 19 Jun - 14:19

Good luck to Michael and his family xx
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 19 Jun - 15:43

Thanks malena, very encouraging , let's hope progress continues
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Thu 19 Jun - 18:59

Hopefully it will, Panda.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 5 Jul - 17:07

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Michael Schumacher fighting for his life - Page 5 Empty Schumacher's Wife can smile again

Post  Panda Tue 8 Jul - 9:57

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Michael Schumacher fighting for his life - Page 5 Empty Michael Schumachers Wife says he is getting better

Post  Panda Fri 11 Jul - 9:17

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 12 Jul - 14:47

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Tue 22 Jul - 14:24

Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next