Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Police identify three prime suspects - Daily Mail

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Police identify three prime suspects - Daily Mail

Post  kitti on Sat 4 Jan - 20:45


DCI Redwood speaks of 2006 incident in another apartment.



This is ridiculous ...

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Police identify three prime suspects - Daily Mail

Post  jeanmonroe on Sun 5 Jan - 1:02

jassi wrote:Is this a ploy to divert attention away from Smithman?

If the prime suspect is now for a team of burglars, Smithman cannot have been carrying Madeleine and therefore the fact that he was thought to bear a passing resemblance to Gerry can be brushed aside.

As there is no official comment from SY anywhere in this article, I don't think they have been anywhere near this story.

NOT good for the last person who has admitted, publicly, to 'seeing' a 'live' Madeleine, at 9:10pm, on 3rd May 2007, though!

One, G McCann.

No smithman, no crecheman, then all we have is the McCann's 'say so' that an 'abduction' happened.

jeanmonroe
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 996
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Police identify three prime suspects - Daily Mail

Post  Panda on Sun 5 Jan - 3:49


This whole review and investigation by SY has been a farce, laughable if it hadn't cost so much money. The first time I saw Redwood being interviewed I thought a) He didn't look intelligent and b) he shouldn't be giving interviews and c) He shouldn't be keeping the McCanns informed .

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Police identify three prime suspects - Daily Mail

Post  Guest on Sun 5 Jan - 8:08

jassi wrote:As there is no official comment from SY anywhere in this article, I don't think they have been anywhere near this story.

i doubt they have been anywhere near any 'story' since they began their review.   

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Police identify three prime suspects - Daily Mail

Post  kitti on Sun 5 Jan - 9:27

Two days ago, McCann troll Heriberto Janosch, affectionately known as Hairy Bert on Twitter, announced he was retiring from the case.

Today he turns up in the Express!

#‎AllHailHairyBert

Madeleine police are urged to hunt Ocean Club thief | World | News | Daily Express
express.co.uk
SCOTLAND Yard detectives hunting Madeleine McCann’s kidnapper are being urged to trace a former worker at the Ocean Club holiday villa complex from where she disappeared.

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Police identify three prime suspects - Daily Mail

Post  almostgothic on Sun 5 Jan - 10:23

So, James Murray, who IIRC got caught out by the fake Brazil/Ibiza pic, is now touting Hairy Bert as a credible source of information.
The UK MSM has now gone beyond insanity.
The bottom of the barrel has been scraped so often that the barrel has no bottom left.

You UK hacks still wondering why most people don't buy newspapers anymore?
Look no further than your efforts on the McCann case over 6+ years.

And for once in your pointless 'careers', grow a pair.

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Police identify three prime suspects - Daily Mail

Post  malena stool on Sun 5 Jan - 10:55

Parentdish are joining in with the latest round of obfuscations

Police identify three prime suspects in hunt for Madeleine McCann. Was it a burglary gone wrong?
By Keith Kendrick Jan 04, 2014

http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2014/01/04/police-identify-three-prime-suspects-in-hunt-for-madeleine-mccan-burglary-gone-wrong/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk-ws-bb%7Cdl3%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D234343

Scotland Yard has identified three prime suspects in the hunt for Madeleine McCann's kidnapper – or kidnappers - following analysis of mobile phone data.

The Mail reports that the three men – believed to be part of a burglary gang - may have panicked after they woke Madeleine up by mistake and decided to take her away with them.

A source told the newspaper: "After all the far-fetched theories about what may have happened to Madeleine, there may be a far more simple explanation: that a burglary went horribly wrong.

"It is the main line of inquiry for British police."

The men made an unusually high number of calls to each other in the hours after Madeleine was reported missing from her holiday flat in the Algarve in May 2007.

Police believe the thieves had already carried out one raid in the resort of Praia da Luz where they disturbed a sleeping child. Fortunately, the child's parents, who had been drinking outside the property, rushed inside to find the intruders had fled.

Portuguese police attached no significance to the break-in – an oversight British police described as a 'disgrace'.

Now, following the phone breakthrough, discussions have taken place about arresting the three burglars and searching their homes and other sites.

It is believed background checks have taken place into their criminal history, their circle of friends and relatives and the vehicles they have used.

But Scotland Yard's hopes of early arrests have been thwarted by the reluctance of the Portuguese authorities to agree to a formal joint investigation.

Because none of the burglars is British, the Met cannot arrest them in Portugal and will need the full cooperation of local police to pursue the inquiry.

Yard detectives have dismissed the idea that a local man who died in a tractor accident four years ago was responsible for Madeleine's disappearance.

Portuguese police regard the 40-year-old, a former employee at the Ocean Club holiday complex the McCanns stayed at, as their prime suspect.

Met officers disagree with their reasoning and are concentrating on the burglars.

Madeleine, whose parents Gerry and Kate live in Rothley, Leicestershire, was days away from her fourth birthday when she was abducted.

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13248
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Police identify three prime suspects - Daily Mail

Post  cass on Sun 5 Jan - 11:05

more and more these stupid theorys are ptinted i think the press are taking the piss - come on we have had so many over the years - even the fence sitters will be thinking fgs - i have had family members even saying its about time they went away - what kind of sane person is gonna believe this crap - you go into a appartment and take a child - with all the checks that they say was done wouldnt they have bumped into them on the checks --- mmmm theres a thought - who was taking madeleine from 5a - was the burglers witnesses   

cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1652
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Police identify three prime suspects - Daily Mail

Post  Panda on Sun 5 Jan - 11:14

cass wrote:more and more these stupid theorys are ptinted i think the press are taking the piss - come on we have had so many over the years - even the fence sitters will be thinking fgs - i have had family members even saying its about time they went away - what kind of sane person is gonna believe this crap - you go into a appartment and take a child - with all the checks that they say was done wouldnt they have bumped into them on the checks --- mmmm theres a thought - who was taking madeleine from 5a - was the burglers witnesses   

Hi cass, yes I agree, they are all singing from the same hymn sheet and know these "suspects" are outlandish ....who knows, we may be witnessing the first sign of end-game  

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Police identify three prime suspects - Daily Mail

Post  jassi on Sun 5 Jan - 11:35

Panda wrote:
cass wrote:more and more these stupid theorys are ptinted i think the press are taking the piss - come on we have had so many over the years - even the fence sitters will be thinking fgs - i have had family members even saying its about time they went away - what kind of sane person is gonna believe this crap - you go into a appartment and take a child - with all the checks that they say was done wouldnt they have bumped into them on the checks --- mmmm theres a thought - who was taking madeleine from 5a - was the burglers witnesses   

Hi cass, yes I agree, they are all singing from the same hymn sheet and know these "suspects" are outlandish ....who knows, we may be witnessing the first sign of end-game  

Maybe, but what is the end-game - whitewash or indictment ?

jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Police identify three prime suspects - Daily Mail

Post  Panda on Sun 5 Jan - 12:07

jassi wrote:
Panda wrote:
cass wrote:more and more these stupid theorys are ptinted i think the press are taking the piss - come on we have had so many over the years - even the fence sitters will be thinking fgs - i have had family members even saying its about time they went away - what kind of sane person is gonna believe this crap - you go into a appartment and take a child - with all the checks that they say was done wouldnt they have bumped into them on the checks --- mmmm theres a thought - who was taking madeleine from 5a - was the burglers witnesses   

Hi cass, yes I agree, they are all singing from the same hymn sheet and know these "suspects" are outlandish ....who knows, we may be witnessing the first sign of end-game  

Maybe, but what is the end-game - whitewash or indictment ?

Hi jassi, if the McCanns win on Tuesday it is whitewash and they can rest easy and probably close the Fund because they know they cannot wring any more money from the Public. If they lose the Press will make the most of it and lose interest in them .....it is only the Press that has kept this case alive for the last 6 years.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Police identify three prime suspects - Daily Mail

Post  cass on Sun 5 Jan - 12:42

i agee panda if the mcanns win its end game - what i cannot understand is why portugal have reopened the case now though - does it all say we are backing ga ? because imo this has long since been about madeleine really if the uk goverment and portugal are working together maybe justice will come but uk goverment are backing the mcanns at all costs imo

cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1652
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Police identify three prime suspects - Daily Mail

Post  Panda on Sun 5 Jan - 13:06

cass wrote:i agee panda if the mcanns win its end game - what i cannot understand is why portugal have reopened the case now though - does it all say we are backing ga ? because imo this has long since been about madeleine really if the uk goverment and portugal are working together maybe justice will come but uk goverment are backing the mcanns at all costs imo

I think the Portugese Police, Judiciary, Residents etc are fed up with the McCanns and it is why the PJ gave thumbs up to OPORTO to have the case re-opened. SY don't like it and it is why they are coming out with these outlandish bits of info we are meant to believe. SY is also miffed that OPORTO is not sharing what they have found . What we want after the Trial is an update from OPORTO on how their investigation is progressing.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Police identify three prime suspects - Daily Mail

Post  kitti on Sun 5 Jan - 14:15

I thought relatives and friends said Madeleine would off screamed and protested if approached by a stranger?

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Police identify three prime suspects - Daily Mail

Post  Claudia79 on Sun 5 Jan - 15:31

Panda wrote:
cass wrote:i agee panda if the mcanns win its end game - what i cannot understand is why portugal have reopened the case now though - does it all say we are backing ga ? because imo this has long since been about madeleine really if the uk goverment and portugal are working together maybe justice will come but uk goverment are backing the mcanns at all costs imo

I think the Portugese Police, Judiciary, Residents  etc are fed up with the McCanns and it is why the PJ gave thumbs up  to OPORTO to have the case re-opened. SY don't like it and it is why they are coming out with these outlandish bits of info we are meant to believe. SY is also miffed that OPORTO is not sharing what they have found . What we want after the Trial is an update from OPORTO on how their investigation is progressing.

The PJ didn't give the thumps up to have the case reopened. The PJ asked for the case to be reopened and the request was accepted by the AG's office.

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Police identify three prime suspects - Daily Mail

Post  Panda on Sun 5 Jan - 15:58

Claudia79 wrote:
Panda wrote:
cass wrote:i agee panda if the mcanns win its end game - what i cannot understand is why portugal have reopened the case now though - does it all say we are backing ga ? because imo this has long since been about madeleine really if the uk goverment and portugal are working together maybe justice will come but uk goverment are backing the mcanns at all costs imo

I think the Portugese Police, Judiciary, Residents  etc are fed up with the McCanns and it is why the PJ gave thumbs up  to OPORTO to have the case re-opened. SY don't like it and it is why they are coming out with these outlandish bits of info we are meant to believe. SY is also miffed that OPORTO is not sharing what they have found . What we want after the Trial is an update from OPORTO on how their investigation is progressing.

The PJ didn't give the thumps up to have the case reopened. The PJ asked for the case to be reopened and the request was accepted by the AG's office.

But they rejected the SY request Claudia and it was OPORTO who made the request which was accepted.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Police identify three prime suspects - Daily Mail

Post  Annabel on Sun 5 Jan - 17:09

EXCLUSIVE: Madeleine McCann police are urged to hunt Ocean Club thief


http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/452079/Madeleine-police-are-urged-to-hunt-Ocean-Club-thief

Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Location : Europe
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Police identify three prime suspects - Daily Mail

Post  jassi on Sun 5 Jan - 17:14

Obviously the Express felt it was falling behind in the race to produce the silliest McCann stories.

jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Police identify three prime suspects - Daily Mail

Post  Claudia79 on Sun 5 Jan - 17:44

Panda wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Panda wrote:
cass wrote:i agee panda if the mcanns win its end game - what i cannot understand is why portugal have reopened the case now though - does it all say we are backing ga ? because imo this has long since been about madeleine really if the uk goverment and portugal are working together maybe justice will come but uk goverment are backing the mcanns at all costs imo

I think the Portugese Police, Judiciary, Residents  etc are fed up with the McCanns and it is why the PJ gave thumbs up  to OPORTO to have the case re-opened. SY don't like it and it is why they are coming out with these outlandish bits of info we are meant to believe. SY is also miffed that OPORTO is not sharing what they have found . What we want after the Trial is an update from OPORTO on how their investigation is progressing.

The PJ didn't give the thumps up to have the case reopened. The PJ asked for the case to be reopened and the request was accepted by the AG's office.

But they rejected the SY request Claudia and it was OPORTO who made the request which was accepted.

I was just correcting wrong information. No police force in my country has power to shelve or reopen investigations. They just investigate. They even have to ask permission to do certain things within the investigation. If there was a request by SY it certainly was directed at the PJ but at higher authorities.

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Police identify three prime suspects - Daily Mail

Post  widowan on Sun 5 Jan - 17:53

jinvta wrote:
Iris wrote:Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood, who is leading the inquiry, said officers were examining data from thousands of mobiles thought to belong to people who were in Praia da Luz around the time of Madeleine’s disappearance.
Good.  About time the mobile phone records were allowed to be entered into evidence.
 
Hmmm, perhaps a good ploy to get the McCanns to demand mobile phone records (including their own) be released. I find it highly unlikely that the McCanns will be demanding any such thing however.
 
Burglers do not steal children, full stop! If they panicked, they would have left with nothing, or possibly a few small valuables that had been left lying around. To suggest that burglers stole a child in a panic is the most ridiculous and far-fectched story ever suggested in this tragic case. Further, the position of the door places the burglers in the apartment before Gerry's 9:05 pm check so he could find the door more open than he left it, again after Gerry's check and before Matt's check, so Matt could find the door open to 50 degrees when Gerry had closed it to 5 degrees, and then still in the apartment after Matt's 9:25 check so that Kate could find the door completely open when Matt left it at 50 degrees. Hardly a panic to have hung around the apartment for at least 20 minutes, and just when checks were starting to dwindle down!

It appears that the comments are being heavily moderated. We will see if my comment gets posted which I highly doubt.

What a coincidence, as well. they panicked, looking for laptops to steal, which were there, and took a child by mistake, okay, far fetched but possible - but what a coincidence that the very flat that a burglary goes wrong within also has cadaver dogs scent not just that house but articles of clothing belonging to the mother and child and the car they rented.

I see that some cop says this was disgraceful but they don't say who; what is disgraceful is that parents left their child alone to be interfered with or killed or strayed, and refused to cooperate with the police.

Now if this was a panicky burglar ring and they accidentally took a child she wouldn't be asleep in their arms so I guess that rules out BOTH sightings that TM has insisted were the kidnapper.

And the PJ refuse a joint ops? I wonder if they'll be more amenable to that suggestion once they find out they are disgraceful. Hardly seems that a SY detective would say any such thing, at least if they did it's not very bright.

How did SY get the phone records I wonder?

Were any of those calls between and amongst T9 - surely they know THOSE numbers?

widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Police identify three prime suspects - Daily Mail

Post  jassi on Sun 5 Jan - 18:00

widowan wrote:
jinvta wrote:
Iris wrote:Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood, who is leading the inquiry, said officers were examining data from thousands of mobiles thought to belong to people who were in Praia da Luz around the time of Madeleine’s disappearance.
Good.  About time the mobile phone records were allowed to be entered into evidence.
 
Hmmm, perhaps a good ploy to get the McCanns to demand mobile phone records (including their own) be released. I find it highly unlikely that the McCanns will be demanding any such thing however.
 
Burglers do not steal children, full stop! If they panicked, they would have left with nothing, or possibly a few small valuables that had been left lying around. To suggest that burglers stole a child in a panic is the most ridiculous and far-fectched story ever suggested in this tragic case. Further, the position of the door places the burglers in the apartment before Gerry's 9:05 pm check so he could find the door more open than he left it, again after Gerry's check and before Matt's check, so Matt could find the door open to 50 degrees when Gerry had closed it to 5 degrees, and then still in the apartment after Matt's 9:25 check so that Kate could find the door completely open when Matt left it at 50 degrees. Hardly a panic to have hung around the apartment for at least 20 minutes, and just when checks were starting to dwindle down!

It appears that the comments are being heavily moderated. We will see if my comment gets posted which I highly doubt.

What a coincidence, as well. they panicked, looking for laptops to steal, which were there, and took a child by mistake, okay, far fetched but possible - but what a coincidence that the very flat that a burglary goes wrong within also has cadaver dogs scent not just that house but articles of clothing belonging to the mother and child and the car they rented.

I see that some cop says this was disgraceful but they don't say who; what is disgraceful is that parents left their child alone to be interfered with or killed or strayed, and refused to cooperate with the police.

Now if this was a panicky burglar ring and they accidentally took a child she wouldn't be asleep in their arms so I guess that rules out BOTH sightings that TM has insisted were the kidnapper.

And the PJ refuse a joint ops? I wonder if they'll be more amenable to that suggestion once they find out they are disgraceful. Hardly seems that a SY detective would say any such thing, at least if they did it's not very bright.

How did SY get the phone records I wonder?

Were any of those calls between and amongst T9 - surely they know THOSE numbers?

I think that was included deliberately to try and sour relationships between Portuguese and British forces.

jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Police identify three prime suspects - Daily Mail

Post  widowan on Sun 5 Jan - 18:07

If the two forces are cooperating, it won't work... they are circling round the phone records now which is the right thing to do.

The PJ have the numbers from G&C's phones and others as well, so surely when these records are reviewed the timeline will be obvious. If no panicky calls from Oldfield or OBrien or Gerry started in before 10 PM that would be useful to know.

And if any of the calls were from McCanns or their friends that would also be useful to know since they were meant to be at dinner with no cell phones until Kate gave the ten PM alarm.

How is the SY team getting this info I wonder? Because the PJ couldn't get McCanns cell phone info when they needed it; now SY can get the records from everyone that was in PDL?

I think it strains credibility to state that unless one did this one's efforts were disgraceful, since the PJ were prevented from having that information - IIRC?

widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Police identify three prime suspects - Daily Mail

Post  jassi on Sun 5 Jan - 18:24

widowan wrote:If the two forces are cooperating, it won't work... they are circling round the phone records now which is the right thing to do.

The PJ have the numbers from G&C's phones and others as well, so surely when these records are reviewed the timeline will be obvious. If no panicky calls from Oldfield or OBrien or Gerry started in before 10 PM that would be useful to know.

And if any of the calls were from McCanns or their friends that would also be useful to know since they were meant to be at dinner with no cell phones until Kate gave the ten PM alarm.

How is the SY team getting this info I wonder? Because the PJ couldn't get McCanns cell phone info when they needed it; now SY can get the records from everyone that was in PDL?

I think it strains credibility to state that unless one did this one's efforts were disgraceful, since the PJ were prevented from having that information - IIRC?

Judging by some of the rogatory interviews, British police obviously knew the mobile numbers of the Tapas group. Don't know how long records are kept so they may need to rely on the PJ's data for whoever the group rang.

jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Police identify three prime suspects - Daily Mail

Post  malena stool on Sun 5 Jan - 18:26

Annabel wrote:EXCLUSIVE: Madeleine McCann police are urged to hunt Ocean Club thief


http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/452079/Madeleine-police-are-urged-to-hunt-Ocean-Club-thief
Thanks Annabel, I think this article answers jassi's question, "Whitewash or indictment" ?

Pass the paint roller please....

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13248
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Police identify three prime suspects - Daily Mail

Post  Guest on Sun 5 Jan - 18:40

Is that the Hairy Bert "psychologist" who was tweeting that he wanted to kiss Maddie on the lips? And is still touting Tannerman as being the "abductor"? Dirty Des should really be more careful with the company his "reporters" are keeping.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Police identify three prime suspects - Daily Mail

Post  Sponsored content Today at 14:33


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum