Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swindler's List - by Dr. Martin Roberts

4 posters

Go down

Swindler's List - by Dr. Martin Roberts Empty Swindler's List - by Dr. Martin Roberts

Post  interested Sat 11 Jan - 15:34

Dr. Martin Roberts' latest "Swindler's List" is available at www.mccannfiles.com (Scroll down under Latest News)
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :
Swindler's List - by Dr. Martin Roberts Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Swindler's List - by Dr. Martin Roberts Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Swindler's List - by Dr. Martin Roberts Empty Re: Swindler's List - by Dr. Martin Roberts

Post  jinvta Sat 11 Jan - 16:03

I think that Dr Martin must be a criminologist. Ms Leal, on the other had, seems like a buffoon just like that Janosch charachter.
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :
Swindler's List - by Dr. Martin Roberts Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Swindler's List - by Dr. Martin Roberts Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Swindler's List - by Dr. Martin Roberts Empty Re: Swindler's List - by Dr. Martin Roberts

Post  jeanmonroe Sat 11 Jan - 17:07

Of course should it be found that the McCanns were somehow implicated in Madeleine's 'disappearance' Dr Leal will be screaming from the roof tops "They didn't fool me one little bit, i knew right from day one they were 100% 'involved'.Those two liars would have to get up a lot earlier than me to pull the wool over my expert eyes"
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 11 Jan - 17:49

By Dr Martin Roberts

10 January 2014

SWINDLER'S LIST

'Voice breaking with emotion, Gerry McCann read out a statement after disembarking from the plane at East Midlands Airport in which he said that he and Kate had "played no part in Madeleine's disappearance"' (Daily Mail).

It has long since puzzled me how Gerry McCann could have so readily fulfilled the demands of his assumed role on this occasion, given both the McCanns' earlier acceptance of their tacit involvement (they actually encouraged an understanding that their 'checks' were spaced at half hourly intervals at least) and the documented reluctance of unpractised liars to do just that. Quite unexpectedly, after seven years, Dr. Sharon Leal has kindly solved that particular riddle.

Briefed, as Dr. Leal must have been, to provide an instance of the McCanns' exemplifying her particular criteria for lie detection (or the absence thereof), why should she have settled on the very first public announcement either of them made, when there have been so many since?

To judge from other experts' behavioural analyses of lying, most, if not all, of Gerry McCann's 'pieces to camera' are plagued by tell-tale 'non-verbal' signs of one kind or another; hand gestures in the main. His ear lobes, nose and scalp would be generally safe from assault if his hands were occupied elsewhere, but Kate can only reasonably be expected to hold one at a time, leaving the other free to run riot – which, more often than not, it does. Despite the hours of footage available to her therefore, Dr. Leal would have found very little that was untainted; except, that is, for those moments when Gerry McCann has both hands full (i.e., 'silenced'), as when holding a piece of paper, for instance.

Suddenly the available exemplars are dramatically reduced in number. Furthermore, the purpose of the paper itself must be taken into consideration. As Dr. Leal informs us, if a speaker should equip themselves with a list of things he must be certain to remember, he won't think that looks suspicious', whereas 'a liar might believe that that is suspicious'.

After several months spent coming to terms with 'the situation they found themselves in', the McCanns would hardly have needed a list of prompts in order to deliver their homecoming pronouncement from the airport runway. Which further reduces the suitable options to include that very first emergence before the cameras in Praia da Luz, when Gerry McCann, according to Dr. Leal, 'brought out the list of things he must be certain to remember'. Except of course, he didn't.

For those brief moments, Gerry McCann was not extemporizing spontaneously with the aid of a 'crib sheet', any more than he would do so subsequently at East Midlands Airport, for example (he did not do so there either). He was, instead, reading a statement prepared beforehand. To attempt an evaluation of Gerry McCann's innocence on that basis alone is akin to accusing (or absolving) Sir Lawrence Olivier of Richard III's lies, as previously articulated by William Shakespeare.

In reality Gerry McCann was distanced from the text of his 'speeches' in terms both of time (they were written earlier) and emotional investment, which, although seemingly apparent, is anything but spontaneous. Actors too are able to cry 'on cue'.

In meeting her brief as best she could, Dr. Sharon Leal earned her fee. With so little material to work with she has to be satisfied that she was able to do so at all. But the machinations that must have gone into her choice of illustration suggest that, despite its title, the true purpose of the ITV programme, The Lying Game, was something other than reminding us all of what they had previously told us, five years ago now, in Tears, Lies and Videotape; a programme which contained much the same material, but with explicit exoneration of the McCanns falling to 'Mirror' journalist Rod Chayter ("The McCanns. Clearly innocent. Absolutely clearly innocent"). The voice of an 'expert' was no doubt viewed by the producers as more convincing on this occasion

============================

The photo with this Article is the one of Kate and Gerry holding the twins at the Airport , Gerry with Sean resting on his shoulder .....you know I CAN'T DO PHOTOS, NOT FROM THE WANT OF TRYING/ Swindler's List - by Dr. Martin Roberts 23324  didn't I do well with the copy and paste though  Swindler's List - by Dr. Martin Roberts 25346

Here you are Panda! Thanks for copying the article! (Anna)

Swindler's List - by Dr. Martin Roberts Gerrymccann090907b
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sat 11 Jan - 20:05

Thanks Panda - Yes, you did well with the copy and paste - try as I do I still can't manage that - but thanks to all the members who faithfully 'cover' for me.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Sun 12 Jan - 22:20

I saw a photo in Panda's post the other day, but now it seems to have been "whoosh-clucked." What happened to it?
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 13 Jan - 2:53

jinvta wrote:I saw a photo in Panda's post the other day, but now it seems to have been "whoosh-clucked." What happened to it?

It's the one a couple of posts previously that Anna kindly posted,
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Mon 13 Jan - 3:34

Panda wrote:
jinvta wrote:I saw a photo in Panda's post the other day, but now it seems to have been "whoosh-clucked." What happened to it?

Now it showed up again! Must have been my computer acting up once again!
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 13 Jan - 3:41

jinvta wrote:
Panda wrote:

Now it showed up again! Must have been my computer acting up once again!

I know the feeling LOL
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum