Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing 3 Year Old boy Edinburgh

+39
tanszi
Chris
chrissie1
jassi
MaryB
chrissie
Roasted Arizona
AnnaEsse
dazedandconfused
kitti
Lioned
widowan
jinvta
wantthetruth
pennylane
mara thon
Panda
comperedna
weissnicht
Angelina
mossman
margaret
cass
midnight
Karen
jeanmonroe
fuzeta
malena stool
jejune
almostgothic
Smudge
SteveT
Wintabells
the slave
jay2001
quickfingers
princess_leia
Freja53
fred
43 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Missing 3 Year Old boy Edinburgh - Page 2 Empty Re: Missing 3 Year Old boy Edinburgh

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 16 Jan - 14:14

Roasted Arizona wrote:I don't understand this at all.  I check my children at least 4 times after they have gone to bed and before I go to bed, and then I often need the loo in the night and check them again. Smelling a rat I'm afraid.

Me too. I've just written something similar on Facebook. I'd always check mine about 5 minutes after saying goodnight and then later if I went to the loo and definitely before I want to bed. I do the same now that my grandson stays over. If I get up in the night, I check on him. I'm smelling a rat here definitely.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Missing 3 Year Old boy Edinburgh - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Missing 3 Year Old boy Edinburgh - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Missing 3 Year Old boy Edinburgh - Page 2 Empty Re: Missing 3 Year Old boy Edinburgh

Post  dazedandconfused Thu 16 Jan - 14:38

AnnaEsse wrote:
Roasted Arizona wrote:I don't understand this at all.  I check my children at least 4 times after they have gone to bed and before I go to bed, and then I often need the loo in the night and check them again. Smelling a rat I'm afraid.

Me too. I've just written something similar on Facebook. I'd always check mine about 5 minutes after saying goodnight and then later if I went to the loo and definitely before I want to bed. I do the same now that my grandson stays over. If I get up in the night, I check on him. I'm smelling a rat here definitely.

One of my grandsons lives with us. He's 15 and I still check before I go to bed and first thing when I get up - and if I need the loo in the night, I have a look then. Probably more to check that he's switched everything off to be honest, but when the little grandchildren stay, I lose count of how many times I check on them.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :
Missing 3 Year Old boy Edinburgh - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Missing 3 Year Old boy Edinburgh - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Thu 16 Jan - 14:46

dazedandconfused wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

One of my grandsons lives with us.  He's 15 and I still check before I go to bed and first thing when I get up - and if I need the loo in the night, I have a look then.  Probably more to check that he's switched everything off to be honest, but when the little grandchildren stay, I lose count of how many times I check on them.

A 15 year old lets you in his room ?
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Thu 16 Jan - 14:51

AnnaEsse wrote:

I have a different view on this I'm afraid. This would appear to be a single mother having to raise 5 children on her own, as the father's whereabouts are unclear at this stage.

I heard from the news that she put the children to bed at 9pm and she herself went to bed at 10pm. I can well imagine she would get very tired from having to raise 5 children on her own, and twins amongst them, which is very demanding. I can imagine she would be exhausted when she drops into bed at 10pm and we don't all wake up for the toilet in the night. She claims to have woken around 7am and went to get the children up at 7.15. Seems reasonable to me for an exhausted single parent to sleep from 10pm through to 7am without getting up. We parents need our sleep. We cannot raise children properly if we do not look after ourselves. Lets not get into criticising here before we know more facts.

The facts known so far are that she did not leave the children 'home alone', was a good mother, was separated from her childrens' father and that she put the children to bed at a reasonable time, around 9pm.

Is this all we can think of to criticise her for? Even if she did check before she went to bed at 10pm, I doubt this had happened by then anyway. So, is it right to criticise her for not waking herself up during the night and checking on them? Are parents supposed to set alarms during the night now and wake up at various times during the night to check on their children? How far do we take things when it comes to checking on our children?

I, like many others, would think this is something to do with the father of the child, but until more is known we have to wait and see. It certainly seems to be someone who cared enough to take his coat, blue trousers and Clarks shoes whoever it is.

LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 16 Jan - 14:56

I'm with LJC on this.  No sign of a break-in, so maybe whoever it was had a key. (My ex has a key to my house).  And they maybe knew the mother's routine, and that she'd be out for the count between 10 and 7.  This is an inside job, no doubt about it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 16 Jan - 15:07

Just picked this up on Facebook

Reports that police forenics are in the neighbours flat.
4 minutes ago · Like
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Thu 16 Jan - 15:19

That ties in with the first part of this tweet:

Patrick McPartlin ‏@p_mcpartlin  15m
Police investigating #MikaeelKular disappearance examining second 'crime scene'. Coastguard & lifeboats searching Cramond & Drylaw shoreline
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 16 Jan - 15:19

Coastguard and lifeboat crews are searching the shoreline near where a three-year-old boy has vanished in the Scottish capital.

http://news.sky.com/story/1196009/missing-edinburgh-boy-mother-distraught
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 16 Jan - 15:25

And apparently all those flats have security entrance systems and CCTV!
Missing 3 Year Old boy Edinburgh - Page 2 BeHGRFMIIAEtSUO
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 16 Jan - 15:27

Iris wrote:And apparently all those flats have security entrance systems and CCTV!
Missing 3 Year Old boy Edinburgh - Page 2 BeHGRFMIIAEtSUO

Well, that explains why the police may be searching flats, since if the lad had left by himself or with someone, it would have shown up on CCTV.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 16 Jan - 15:42

That's true Anna. I never thought of that. It looks as though they didn't see him leaving with anyone and he might still be in the tenement.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  princess_leia Thu 16 Jan - 16:17

I really thought this little one would have been found by now.
princess_leia
princess_leia
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 421
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 16 Jan - 17:20

The police woman leading the investigation said he usually sleeps in the room with his twin sister but last night was sleeping alone.
Not liking the sound of this :-(
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 16 Jan - 17:22

princess_leia wrote:I really thought this little one would have been found by now.
So did I. Got a very bad feeling about this :(
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  princess_leia Thu 16 Jan - 17:26

wjk wrote:The police woman leading the investigation said he usually sleeps in the room with his twin sister but last night was sleeping alone.

I'm trying desperately to believe he has walked off and hidden somewhere scared but this latest bit of news has made me think there is much more to this.

3 yr old goes missing sometime between 9pm and 7.15am
3 yr old usually sleeps with his twin but this night he is unwell and sleeps alone(surely this is more reason that he is with someone to comfort him?)
and surely this is more reason to check in on him during the night?
3 yr old leaves house with jacket, shoes, gloves and scarf

Something fishy going on I think, but I hope to be wrong.
princess_leia
princess_leia
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Thu 16 Jan - 17:30

princess_leia wrote:
wjk wrote:The police woman leading the investigation said he usually sleeps in the room with his twin sister but last night was sleeping alone.

I'm trying desperately to believe he has walked off and hidden somewhere scared but this latest bit of news has made me think there is much more to this.

3 yr old usually sleeps with his twin but this night he is unwell and sleeps alone(surely this is more reason that he is with someone to comfort him?)

Sea Bass fishy?
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 16 Jan - 17:30

princess_leia wrote:

I'm with you princess but like you, hope we're wrong
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  the slave Thu 16 Jan - 17:32

NO 3 year old could open that security door.
No three year old I know can get a coat on without assistance.

The McCann sage has made me very cynical....and for that I can't forgive Kate & Gerry.
the slave
the slave
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 280
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  princess_leia Thu 16 Jan - 17:38

the slave wrote:NO 3 year old could open that security door.
No three year old I know can get a coat on without assistance.

The McCann sage has made me very cynical....and for that I can't forgive Kate & Gerry.

News reporter is saying the door is extremely heavy.

3 yr olds can put on their own jackets, some can even fasten them up, the shoes I'm not sure about, they were clarks shoes, so maybe slip ons at a guess which would be easy to get on and off. The scarf and the gloves? I don't know.

What bothers me is this new bit of info about him being unwell and wanting to sleep on his own. This is the worrying thing for me.
princess_leia
princess_leia
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Thu 16 Jan - 17:41

LJC wrote:

I have a different view on this I'm afraid.  This would appear to be a single mother having to raise 5 children on her own, as the father's whereabouts are unclear at this stage.

I heard from the news that she put the children to bed at 9pm and she herself went to bed at 10pm.  I can well imagine she would get very tired from having to raise 5 children on her own, and twins amongst them, which is very demanding.  I can imagine she would be exhausted when she drops into bed at 10pm and we don't all wake up for the toilet in the night.  She claims to have woken around 7am and went to get the children up at 7.15.  Seems reasonable to me for an exhausted single parent to sleep from 10pm through to 7am without getting up.  We parents need our sleep. We cannot raise children properly if we do not look after ourselves.  Lets not get into criticising here before we know more facts.  

The facts known so far are that she did not leave the children 'home alone', was a good mother, was separated from her childrens' father and that she put the children to bed at a reasonable time, around 9pm.

Is this all we can think of to criticise her for?  Even if she did check before she went to bed at 10pm, I doubt this had happened by then anyway. So, is it right to criticise her for not waking herself up during the night and checking on them?  Are parents supposed to set alarms during the night now and wake up at various times during the night to check on their children?  How far do we take things when it comes to checking on our children?

I, like many others, would think this is something to do with the father of the child, but until more is known we have to wait and see.  It certainly seems to be someone who cared enough to take his coat, blue trousers and Clarks shoes whoever it is.

Thanks for this. I was starting to think I must be a bad mum for not getting up in the middle of the night to check on my sleeping kids!
I'm a single mum too and I work full time.  I'm mostly completely and utterly knackered, and I've certainly been known to sleep from 9-7 without getting up to go to the loo and do a child check.

We all do what we can, but nobody should be criticised for sleeping through!

My gut feeling is that the father is involved here, but we'll have to wait and see.

I really hope they find the poor little fella.
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 16 Jan - 17:49

It says on BBC News website that the wee boy was capable of leaving the house on his own. As the parents are separated, maybe he did wander off looking for his dad.
I hope he turns up soon, poor wee mite. It was really cold here last night. :(
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 16 Jan - 18:16

Am I being thick here......they are saying that he may be wondering the street...hungry.

Is everyone blind then or are we all uncaring and wouldn't take notice off a child crying and frightened.

No child off three is wondering the street alone and unnoticed simple as that.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 16 Jan - 19:02

kitti wrote:Am I being thick here......they are saying that he may be wondering the street...hungry.

Is everyone blind then or are we all uncaring and wouldn't take notice off a child crying and frightened.

No child off three is wondering the street alone and  unnoticed simple as that.

Absolutely!
He's not wondered off, imo.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 16 Jan - 20:09

A child doesn't think about picking his coat up when he leaves.

If he left, he would off left in his PJ's.....a three year old doesnt have the mindset to think about getting his trousers on, putting his shoes on and looking for his coat.

If he was unwell and woke up, he would off gone to his mummy and SHE was inside the flat, wasn't she.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  princess_leia Thu 16 Jan - 20:23

The police keep stating that this isn't a criminal investigation but how can it not be, this child hasn't been seen for almost 24 hours.

A 3yr old child doesn't just wake up in the middle of the night, put on his coat, shoes, scarf and gloves and then disappears into thin air. A 3 yr old can't walk too far so someone would have spotted him by now. The door looks too heavy for the little boy to open anyway, they stressed he is 2 foot tall and very thin. So he wouldn't have the weight or strength to open those doors.

It's still bugging me that the child was allegedly ill and decided to sleep on his own instead of the routine of sleeping with his twin, and that the mother obviously didn't check on the sick child. Of all my 4 children, 2 of them would always get in with me when they were sick, my other 2 wouldn't, but I would check on them at regular intervals when they were ill. I was always worried they would vomit in their sleep.

It's a very strange case indeed!

The police lady heading the search was saying that they are speaking to all family members, when asked about the father, she just repeated, we are talking to all family members, she refused to be pinned down on the father which I found odd too.
princess_leia
princess_leia
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next