Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOI request to Foreign and Commonwealth Office by a "concerned taxpayer" 2008

+3
jeanmonroe
cherry1
interested
7 posters

Go down

FOI request to Foreign and Commonwealth Office by a "concerned taxpayer" 2008 Empty FOI request to Foreign and Commonwealth Office by a "concerned taxpayer" 2008

Post  Panda Sat 18 Jan - 14:59

I had quite a lot of info but lost most when my Computer crashed,found this yesterday , an article by the Daily Mail dated Octobr 2008

Basically it is about the Ambassador to Portugal advising the Foreign Office of his concern about "the inconsistencies of the parents and their friends" and " confused declarations of the McCanns movements on the night of May 3rd 2007. He also noted the" couples' lack of co-operation with the Police" . The Diplomat's concerns were made" over 4 months, before Gerry and Kate were made aguidos'"

This is quite an indictment and we wonder why no action was taken by the FO and why the McCanns were so protected.?

The then PM Tony Blair sent Sheree Dodd to act as "media liaisom Officer"soon after Madeleine vanished.

"Ms Dodd has since resigned from the Foreign Office , while the British Consul in the Algarve, Bill Henderson ,has retired.John Buck the British Ambassador in Portugal no longer works in the Country . Further more , BRITISH CONSUL Celia Edwards resigned from her Post 3rd July.

The question remains.......why did the McCanns get so much support from day 1????

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
FOI request to Foreign and Commonwealth Office by a "concerned taxpayer" 2008 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100FOI request to Foreign and Commonwealth Office by a "concerned taxpayer" 2008 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

FOI request to Foreign and Commonwealth Office by a "concerned taxpayer" 2008 Empty Re: FOI request to Foreign and Commonwealth Office by a "concerned taxpayer" 2008

Post  interested Sat 18 Jan - 18:03

Panda wrote:
I had quite a lot of info but lost most when my Computer crashed,found this yesterday , an article by the Daily Mail dated Octobr 2008

Basically it is about the Ambassador to Portugal advising the Foreign Office of his concern about "the inconsistencies of the parents and their friends" and " confused declarations of the McCanns movements on the night of May 3rd 2007. He also noted the" couples' lack of co-operation with the Police" . The Diplomat's concerns were made" over 4 months, before Gerry and Kate were made aguidos'"

This is quite an indictment and we wonder why no action was taken by the FO and why the McCanns were so protected.?

The then PM Tony Blair sent Sheree Dodd to act as "media liaisom Officer"soon after Madeleine vanished.

"Ms Dodd has since resigned from the Foreign Office , while the British Consul in the Algarve, Bill Henderson ,has retired.John Buck the British Ambassador in Portugal no longer works in the Country . Further more , BRITISH CONSUL Celia Edwards resigned from her Post 3rd July.

The question remains.......why did the McCanns get so much support from day 1????

WHY INDEED??? I wonder why we haven't heard more from the "concerned taxpayer". The press are pretty savy about filing an FOI request; I have to wonder if this was filed by an investigative reporter (although I haven't seen evidence that they even exist in the U.K.)
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :
FOI request to Foreign and Commonwealth Office by a "concerned taxpayer" 2008 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100FOI request to Foreign and Commonwealth Office by a "concerned taxpayer" 2008 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

FOI request to Foreign and Commonwealth Office by a "concerned taxpayer" 2008 Empty Re: FOI request to Foreign and Commonwealth Office by a "concerned taxpayer" 2008

Post  jeanmonroe Sat 18 Jan - 20:17

The press are pretty savy about filing an FOI request; I have to wonder if this was filed by an investigative reporter (although I haven't seen evidence that they even exist in the U.K.)
-----------------------------------------------------

That's because they were all 'abducted' on the 4th May 2007!
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sat 18 Jan - 21:38

Panda do you have a link to this article?

cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 18 Jan - 23:08

cherry1 wrote:Panda do you have a link to this article?

Hi cherry!....It was a Daily Mail Article 2008 so I doubt very much whether it would be available now. The Daily Mail was the only paper to openly query this case, pointing out that the Accounts to 31.3.2008 showed only 13% of Revenue was spent on actually searching for Madeleine.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Sun 19 Jan - 1:40

Sure do, pardner!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-499340/British-diplomat-warned-Foreign-Office-concerns-McCanns.html
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 19 Jan - 9:34

And then there was this.......they didn't get very far with the 'dig'

Police to dig into Kate and Gerry McCann's past

British detectives have been asked to investigate the backgrounds of Kate and Gerry McCann.
Police in Strathclyde are to dig into the couple's university days 20 years ago and contact former friends and colleagues from their time in Scotland, where they first met.

Detectives in Portugal hope the probe might uncover something in the McCanns' past which could shed light on the case, the Sunday Mirror reported.

The request - made via Europol - was part of the root-and-branch review of the case ordered by its new head, Paulo Rebelo, and the first interviews could be carried out next week.

Strathclyde police refused to comment but a source told the newspaper: 'It's a back-to-basics check. We've been asked to trawl the backgrounds of the McCanns to build up a full picture of their lives right back to university.

'It is a full check on their lives to see exactly what type of people they are.'

Mrs McCann was nicknamed 'Hot Lips Healy' during her student days at Dundee University, according to her year book.

Kate Healy, as she was then, was one of the most popular students in the medical department, where classmates said the Liverpudlian loved parties and trips to the pub, but still passed all her exams with ease.

Her year book entry read: 'Renowned for frequently indulging in alcoholic binges and "dance till you drop" nocturnal activities, she immediately led the rest of her fellow colleagues astray.

'Hot Lips Healy maintained a consistent Friday night appearance in the Union throughout the whole of first year.'

Mr McCann, the son of an Irish-born joiner, studied at Glasgow University and moved out of his parents' tenement flat in Govanhill to share a flat with five friends.

The couple met in Glasgow's Western Infirmary in 1992 after finishing their medical degrees, but did not begin dating until 1996. They married in Liverpool in 1998.

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 19 Jan - 9:48

jeanmonroe wrote:

Sure do, pardner!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-499340/British-diplomat-warned-Foreign-Office-concerns-McCanns.html

Well done Sherlock.....award yourself a Medal. FOI request to Foreign and Commonwealth Office by a "concerned taxpayer" 2008 25346 

It's not the '"Taxpayers" report but proof that there were intelligent people querying the McCanns and the Fund a long time ago , yet still the show goes on. There has to be a Political reason for this ....initially I thought it was Tony Blair protecting Gerry because he was being groomed to become a MP, but Cameron too has agreed to what is going on and done nothing, he could have hauled Redwood in and demanded to know just what information SY have which differs from the original review.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 19 Jan - 9:53

photo Hotlipskate_zpsf462dc21.jpg
'Hot Lips and a 'friend' during her higher educational development and preparation for her medical career "binge and dance till you drop" experience.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 19 Jan - 10:27

FOI request to Foreign and Commonwealth Office by a "concerned taxpayer" 2008 294124 Hi malena, don't know what you did but when I replied to your posts HLH appears.......very strange, so I have replied seperately not to spoil the pic, where did you get that from? FOI request to Foreign and Commonwealth Office by a "concerned taxpayer" 2008 294124

P.S. Is anyone else having trouble with emoticons FOI request to Foreign and Commonwealth Office by a "concerned taxpayer" 2008 25346 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 19 Jan - 10:29

malena stool wrote: photo Hotlipskate_zpsf462dc21.jpg
'Hot Lips and a 'friend' during her higher educational development and preparation for her medical career "binge and dance till you drop" experience.

Eeeeek!  FOI request to Foreign and Commonwealth Office by a "concerned taxpayer" 2008 477442 
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 19 Jan - 10:35

Panda wrote:FOI request to Foreign and Commonwealth Office by a "concerned taxpayer" 2008 294124 Hi malena, don't know what you did but when I replied to your posts HLH appears.......very strange, so I have replied seperately not to spoil the pic, where did you get that from? FOI request to Foreign and Commonwealth Office by a "concerned taxpayer" 2008 294124

P.S. Is anyone else having trouble with emoticons FOI request to Foreign and Commonwealth Office by a "concerned taxpayer" 2008 25346 
Morning Panda,
It's one I've had for a long time, I can't remember where but I'll search the sites I used to trawl and get back to you.
 FOI request to Foreign and Commonwealth Office by a "concerned taxpayer" 2008 25346 
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 19 Jan - 10:36

She looks in that Hotlips picture as if she was getting in practice for the left lip upturn that she was to become infamous for in later years when talking about her missing daughter.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 19 Jan - 11:08

kitti wrote:And then there was this.......they didn't get very far with the 'dig'

Police to dig into Kate and Gerry McCann's past

British detectives have been asked to investigate the backgrounds of Kate and Gerry McCann.
Police in Strathclyde are to dig into the couple's university days 20 years ago and contact former friends and colleagues from their time in Scotland, where they first met.

Detectives in Portugal hope the probe might uncover something in the McCanns' past which could shed light on the case, the Sunday Mirror reported.

The request - made via Europol - was part of the root-and-branch review of the case ordered by its new head, Paulo Rebelo, and the first interviews could be carried out next week.

Strathclyde police refused to comment but a source told the newspaper: 'It's a back-to-basics check. We've been asked to trawl the backgrounds of the McCanns to build up a full picture of their lives right back to university.

'It is a full check on their lives to see exactly what type of people they are.'

Mrs McCann was nicknamed 'Hot Lips Healy' during her student days at Dundee University, according to her year book.

Kate Healy, as she was then, was one of the most popular students in the medical department, where classmates said the Liverpudlian loved parties and trips to the pub, but still passed all her exams with ease.

Her year book entry read: 'Renowned for frequently indulging in alcoholic binges and "dance till you drop" nocturnal activities, she immediately led the rest of her fellow colleagues astray.

'Hot Lips Healy maintained a consistent Friday night appearance in the Union throughout the whole of first year.'

Mr McCann, the son of an Irish-born joiner, studied at Glasgow University and moved out of his parents' tenement flat in Govanhill to share a flat with five friends.

The couple met in Glasgow's Western Infirmary in 1992 after finishing their medical degrees, but did not begin dating until 1996. They married in Liverpool in 1998.

thanks kitti, I remember reading that Kate went to work abroad , can't remember the Country, but Gerry chased after her to propose ......I bet they never bargained for what has happened.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 19 Jan - 11:13

malena stool wrote:
Panda wrote:FOI request to Foreign and Commonwealth Office by a "concerned taxpayer" 2008 294124 Hi malena, don't know what you did but when I replied to your posts HLH appears.......very strange, so I have replied seperately not to spoil the pic, where did you get that from? FOI request to Foreign and Commonwealth Office by a "concerned taxpayer" 2008 294124

Morning Panda,
It's one I've had for a long time, I can't remember where but I'll search the sites I used to trawl and get back to you.
 FOI request to Foreign and Commonwealth Office by a "concerned taxpayer" 2008 25346 

Hi Panda, here's the link as promised. ms.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id29.html
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 19 Jan - 11:14

Not Born Yesterday wrote:She looks in that Hotlips picture as if she was getting in practice for the left lip upturn that she was to become infamous for in later years when talking about her missing daughter.

Morning NBY,

I was watching one video on here and found another interesting one which I posted. The interview with Jane Hill is one of the few times Kate flounders is on it , neither of them can take criticism can they. FOI request to Foreign and Commonwealth Office by a "concerned taxpayer" 2008 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 19 Jan - 11:23

malena stool wrote:
malena stool wrote:

Morning Panda,

Thanks malena , couldn't find the part that shows the photo but no matter, it's on your post .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 19 Jan - 11:27

Panda wrote:
malena stool wrote:
malena stool wrote:

Morning Panda,

Thanks malena , couldn't find the part that shows the photo but no matter, it's on your post .
It's Day 143 Panda, sorry it would have been easier if I'd have added that info on the previous post.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 19 Jan - 11:32

malena stool wrote:
Panda wrote:
malena stool wrote:
malena stool wrote:

Morning Panda,

It's Day 143 Panda, sorry it would have been easier if I'd have added that info on the previous post.

NOW HE TELLS ME. FOI request to Foreign and Commonwealth Office by a "concerned taxpayer" 2008 956518 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 19 Jan - 11:45

Panda wrote:
malena stool wrote:
Panda wrote:
malena stool wrote:
malena stool wrote:
Morning Panda,

NOW HE TELLS ME. FOI request to Foreign and Commonwealth Office by a "concerned taxpayer" 2008 956518 
 FOI request to Foreign and Commonwealth Office by a "concerned taxpayer" 2008 424625  FOI request to Foreign and Commonwealth Office by a "concerned taxpayer" 2008 284844  FOI request to Foreign and Commonwealth Office by a "concerned taxpayer" 2008 294124 
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down