Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Blue Tennis Bag .......

+3
almostgothic
interested
kitti
7 posters

Go down

The Blue Tennis Bag .......  Empty The Blue Tennis Bag .......

Post  Lioned Wed 22 Jan - 16:22

Gerrys blue tennis bag,where is it.The Police are looking for it.

But mitchell says it doesn't exist.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1573575/Gerry-McCanns-tennis-bag-is-focus-of-inquiry.html

But Clarence Mitchell, the spokesman for Madeleine's parents, dismissed the report, insisting that Gerry had never owned such a bag.

So who is telling lies and where did the police get the idea that a tennis bag was missing,not just any old tennis bag but a blue one ?
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :
The Blue Tennis Bag .......  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Blue Tennis Bag .......  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

The Blue Tennis Bag .......  Empty Re: The Blue Tennis Bag .......

Post  kitti Wed 22 Jan - 17:27

I was wondering, someone out off the tapas lot took their own equipment, what  colour was THEIR holdall i wonder.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
The Blue Tennis Bag .......  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Blue Tennis Bag .......  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 22 Jan - 18:15

It isnt a forum myth is it,if the police are looking for it then presumably it must exist.I know we may have been round the houses a million times with such stuff but SY have a live investigation going on and Andy Redwood seems to have made as much progress as a tortoise going up hill backwards during the hibernation season.

So how hard is it to work out if gerry had a blue tennis bag.He went on holiday to play tennis and have lessons so he needs some equipment,so he takes it with him or he hires it or he borrows it.Some very basic police work for Andy and his extensive and expensive team and some simple questions to ask.Off course it may just have been a blue holdall type of bag for any other holiday stuff and clothes.
There are pictures of the wardrobe which smelled of death which has a blue bag and stack of clothes which gerry was asked about and said it was a suitcase.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Wed 22 Jan - 20:18

I believe Clarence was specific when he said Gerry did not have a blue "tennis" bag. What about a blue duffel bag or hold-all bag? Did he actually deny that Gerry had any kind of blue bag? What about the blue bag in the closet that was indicated on video? Who did that belong to? Not that Clarence would ever respond truthfully.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Wed 22 Jan - 20:39

David Payne:"There was nothing of that size that you could hide a, a tennis racquet in or anything like that"

Well that's alright then.
Another mystery solved.
At least we know that no tennis racquets have disappeared ......
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Wed 22 Jan - 22:05

Who's the guy in the red tie at 40 seconds?

How old is this, it must be circa 2007.

Gerry was a keen tennis player - I doubt he'd go on holiday without his own gear.

They chose that resort BECAUSE they were sporty and it had tennis courts, pros, classes etc.

Surely a doctor who is keen at tennis and going to a resort that has a pro and where he plans to play would take his racquets. And his shoes, wrist bands, shorts etc - things that are for the sport, a water bottle etc. You wouldn't put those things in a suitcase or at least I wouldn't. In fact when I pack for a week like this I'd put all our shoes in a duffel, to keep dirty shoes away from clean clothes.

I don't know what a tennis bag is, I think a duffel of the size they show and that is typical for sports would fit something the size of a 3 year old...er... tennis racquet in it quite nicely.

The guy in the tie if he's a cop or connected to the investigation should know if they are missing a bag of that sort, he went on the news to say so.

I don't believe Clarence. But who do you ask? And how would Payne know if Gerry had a bag that could fit a child in it? Why even bother denying that and not just say I don't know what they had with them, I'm not their nanny. He goes out of his way to deny that they had such a thing with them when he wouldn't know, and when it's the most likely thing of all to pack for a sporty resort holiday...
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 22 Jan - 22:32

It is towards the end of 2007 and i assume the man with the red tie is a cop spokesman and further assume that they haven't just made up the blue tennis bag for fun.
If the police said there was a blue bag then where did they get that idea and where has it gone ?

And why do we keep asking these questions ?

Because if Andy is looking for revelation moments then just how many does he want.

I agree widowan,the pompous mccann wouldn't go out on a court showing off his skills with any old racket borrowed from a less well off mate .

Well maybe he did or maybe he didn't but how easy to check ? Too big for cabin luggage so it would need checking in wouldn't it.

Or why not just ask how much luggage they took and what colour the bags.

Easy really,not much baggage allowance for the kids who even shared a toothbrush !

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Wed 22 Jan - 22:40

Yes Lioned but you can't compare the return luggage with what they took, since they were there 3 months and had gotten a lot of things while in Portugal, and brought to them by family who came out, since they had only packed for a week. They went home with more than they came with - apart from obviously Madeleine.

So do you ask McCanns what color tennis bag they brought if any and where it is?

They could have purchased 5 new ones by now to show off - and the tags at the airport don't say what they are attached to - I don't see how they could know, did McCanns have x y or z luggage, without photo evidence, or asking them and I don't think they'd tell the truth that they had a duffel bag they didn't come home with - especially if it was one used to transport items associated with a cadaver in it.

What I find curious is that Payne denies the existence of said bag, when he is not in a position to know. His name pops up with some of the more dodgy info, the Gaspar statement certainly, his 30 second to 30 minute trip to 5 A at 630 - the fact that Gerry knew when he left the flat that the kids would not be coming to the playground so no need for Payne to be there at all - and Payne being the one that the child services lady recognized - also being the one who chivvied her off of Kate when she came there to help.

widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 22 Jan - 23:00

The mccanns were made Aguidos on Sept 7th at which point you would have hoped the PJ would have information on what baggage they checked in on the flight to PT.
Mitchells denial in the above article was a little later i think.So at some point inbetween the bag has become an issue !

Maybe a little like the ridiculous lie about 'no phones and no watches' which mitchell had to back track on when he realised kate had messed up in her statement.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Wed 22 Jan - 23:12

Lioned wrote:The mccanns were made Aguidos on Sept 7th at which point you would have hoped the PJ would have information on what baggage they checked in on the flight to PT.
Mitchells denial in the above article was a little later i think.So at some point inbetween the bag has become an issue !

Maybe a little like the ridiculous lie about 'no phones and no watches' which mitchell had to back track on when he realised kate had messed up in her statement.

Still all they could know is the number of bags - how could they know what those bags were like? You get one free bag per ticket or something then pay extra for the 2nd, with 5 people flying they could have had 5 bags and you wouldn't know if one of those was a blue tennis bag. I don't see who would have that info apart from Mccanns themselves. The airport desk people surely would not remember and by the time PJ would have gone to ask the guys who drove the bus - I can't imagine the bus people would even know, since they had a raft of people, little kids, and their luggage all together.

Mitchell I think over estimated his own ability to control what people believe - maybe his power as Media Monitor made him think that if he said "of course no one wore watches it was a holiday" we'd all just swallow that, even though most of us feel naked without our cell phones and those have clocks on them. Then when Kate explained how carefully they checked of course he'd have to backtrack - I don't recall him doing that. that would have been interesting to hear - how no one wore watches nor knew the time but yet K&G had theirs because they were committed to half hourly checks on the hour and half hour!
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 22 Jan - 23:33

Widowan here,thanks to mccannfiles..

Clarence Mitchell backtracks on previous statement about watches

Mitchell said he was not surprised by the inconsistencies in the initial accounts. 'You had nine people in a bar without watches on, without mobile phones, and absolute panic set in when they realised what had happened.

The Guardian 06 April 2008

"It was made out to be the biggest 'conspiracy' since the Diana 'conspiracy,'" says Mitchell. "Some of the group (of friends in the tapas restaurant) had their watches on that night, and others didn't...

Yorkshire Post 29 May 2008
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 22 Jan - 23:42

And also here in kate mccanns witness statement dated 6th Sept 2007....

Concerning objects, she says they took their mobile phones with them, and Gerry might also have taken his wallet with money. Not sure if they took a camera.

What kate said on leaving the apartment 5a and going to the Tapas bar on night of 3rd May.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 23 Jan - 7:35

Could Gerry have taken the bag with him when he went to get a pillow case? Looking at Madeleine though, it is hard to imagine she would fit into a Tennis Bag , a large holdall maybe.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Thu 23 Jan - 10:24

I suppose it could be to do with explicit detail. did he have a blue tennis bag. no categorically he did not. the question should have been did he have a blue bag, or any sort of carry bag. Or maybe even what or where is the blue bag which appears in the wardrobe photo?
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 23 Jan - 10:59

tanszi wrote:I suppose it could be to do with explicit detail.  did he have a blue tennis bag.  no categorically he did not.  the question should have been did he have a blue bag, or any sort of carry bag.  Or maybe even what or where is the blue bag which appears in the wardrobe photo?

They must have had some kind of Holdall tanzi to put their rackets and trainers in . They gave some luggage to Jon Corner to take back with him when he returned to the U.K. after finishing the T.V. Programme.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Thu 23 Jan - 14:01

Panda I agree that there must have been some kind of holdall or whatever anyone wants to call it. Im just saying if anyone asks where is the blue tennis bag, and G says hes never had a blue tennis bag, he would not be lying or trying to evade anything if what he has it a blue bag, but not a blue tennis bag. he is being technically correct. jimo.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Thu 23 Jan - 15:09

Lioned wrote:And also here in kate mccanns witness statement dated 6th Sept 2007....

Concerning objects, she says they took their mobile phones with them, and Gerry might also have taken his wallet with money. Not sure if they took a camera.

What kate said on leaving the apartment 5a and going to the Tapas bar on night of 3rd May.

Of course they did. Mobile phones NOW are so necessary as a fashion statement that to fail to provide one for a minor child is grounds for a visit by Child Services. Kidding... sort of.

Isnt it odd that G&L would both have their phones when on holiday out to dinner with the friends? They were ALL there at the table - who were they going to be in touch with? The hospital in case of an emergency? They were in Portugal. Of course if they left them behind they could ring and wake the children so that's no good. maybe just habit, to have them at all times, but then why does Clarence need to make up a glib lie to protect them?

It occurs to me that the police would know if there was a blue bag or a tennis bag, a blue duffel or a bag at any rate, missing, only because either McCanns told them so - or because they saw it in the flat the night of, (I've seen a photo that shows a bag on the closet shelf) but then later it was gone. They must have been looking for the way MM was transported out of the flat... this was before or after the time of the EVR alert? If after, that's looking very bad on McCanns.

It's odd that with as butt-kissing as the press is to the McCanns they would say police were looking for a missing bag, when McCanns deny any such thing - I presume THEY, McCanns, did not want people to know that amongst the items gone missing were a child and a sports duffel. It corresponds more to the idea that the parents did this than that a burglar took these items.

Perhaps those were the days before the press was muzzled with the Carter Rucking and before the deal was made between Rebecca Brooks and Kate and/or Clarence, to use the story in a particular way - you can have the Bewk I'm writing for your paper, if you will print nice things about us, sightings of Alive Maddie, and rubbishing of the PJ and Cameron if he doesn't cooperate with us.

widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 23 Jan - 16:31

tanszi wrote:Panda I agree that there must have been some kind of holdall or whatever anyone wants to call it.  Im just saying if anyone asks where is the blue tennis bag, and G says hes never had a blue tennis bag, he would not be lying or trying to evade anything if what he has it a blue bag, but not a blue tennis bag.  he is being technically correct. jimo.

Gotcha tanzi , everything that can be done is done to muddy the waters of this investigation .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down